Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They would need a warrant to test his blood/urine unless he volunteered. They would also need to have a warrant to subpoena his medical records/pathology results of any bloods they took. I doubt they did this. And I doubt he would have volunteered.

But yes I've done drug screens and a typical drugs of abuse urine screen can take 20 minutes.

If you know what medication you're looking for, there's normally an assay to detect it (either in blood and/or urine)

I thought under traffic law that if an accident occurs, blood tests can be done as part of determining if dangerous driving whilst under the influence was a factor? Or is this only when another vehicle is involved/injuries?

Aggression is often a side effect from Antidepressants

I haven't read this in any pharmacology literature/clinical trial papers. This is a subjective side effect. And often used as an excuse for bad behaviour.

With that in mind, I wonder how they will handle his arrest, should it be him who committed the crime. With all the 3 girls have been through, the very thought of him being arrested in front of his littleys, surely would be further heartbreaking for them. Too very sad if he did commit the crime.

It the husband is the culprit I don't think any arrest would happen in front of little children and also before the funeral (because imaging the 3 kids at the funeral without their dad also?).

I think the most 'haunting' question for me is why did the police react as swiftly as they did when the missing person report was made. Was it something they saw or heard that made them so suspicious?

And also the hunt for the i-phone. My understanding is that they can track both incoming and outgoing calls and SMS via the carrier. What else could the phone tell them? Her contact list? Maybe notes? Her calendar? Photos?

A few legal commentators have offered up that the Police mot definitely know who the killer/s is/are as the most obvious thing here is that the Police have not issued any alert warnings to people living in the area or 'be on alert' warnings if you like, which is the first thing they would normally do if they DID NOT have a suspect/s already, and they thought that it may be an unprovoked attack by someone else other than the suspect. The absence of such Police warnings speaks for itself.

sounds pretty obvious I guess.

According to news last night, Allison's body is to be returned to her family some time next week, I'd presume the funeral will take place soon after that, maybe Friday??

I thought under traffic law that if an accident occurs, blood tests can be done as part of determining if dangerous driving whilst under the influence was a factor? Or is this only when another vehicle is involved/injuries?

Only when there are injuries/the police are required to attend the accident IIRC. Your usual nose-to-tail accident doesn't warrant a drug test.
If the QPS had been engaged in a pursuit then yes.

Could be wrong?

I normally get my hair done when i have a dinner, function, meeting to go to. Not to go home and sit on the sofa. The blow dry is too good to waste!
just makes me think maybe they had something else on that night. You locals may have more insight. Anything exciting on thursday nights?

It the husband is the culprit I don't think any arrest would happen in front of little children and also before the funeral (because imaging the 3 kids at the funeral without their dad also?).

So right....It just doesn't bare thought does it. :(

Some talk about a trust fund for the Baden-Clay children from thread 2 got me thinking about various types of trusts, which in turn made me curious as to whether Gerards business was structured like mine with a trustee for a family trust, a discretionary trust, trading. So I looked him up on abn lookup and lo and behold it is. That's not the interesting part. The interesting part is that he also has an investment trust trading as Oasis Finance. Under the Property Agents and Motor Vehicles Act 2000 this is a conflict of interest. Naughty Gerard could well have been lending buyers the money for houses he was selling, thus giving him a vested interest in the property post sale and the ability to alter the sale price by being the agent and mortgager. The question that this raises is who is the underwriter for the finance he is selling? Because that person could be owed an obscene amount of money and not be of desirable character like the big four banks. It also has me wondering how much of this Allison knew.

I normally get my hair done when i have a dinner, function, meeting to go to. Not to go home and sit on the sofa. The blow dry is too good to waste!
just makes me think maybe they had something else on that night. You locals may have more insight. Anything exciting on thursday nights?

I was thinking she may have had it done as she had a conference to go to the next day.

According to news last night, Allison's body is to be returned to her family some time next week, I'd presume the funeral will take place soon after that, maybe Friday??

Will depend on the testing. I'd say the physical exam would be over. But it's whether they've obtained the required samples.

Just FYI:
Link to QLD Forensic Services
http://www.health.qld.gov.au/qhcss/qhss/default.asp

Link about Autopsies in QLD
http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/courts/coroners-court/common-questions/autopsies

Yes...though I'm pretty sure they have saliva tests for drugs such as cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana. Breath test for alcohol. If you get pulled over they usually breathilize first, if it's neg and you're still acting weird, then they pull out the saliva test. When they set up booze buses, I think they do both anyway. I've seen this on TV on "The Force".

Also they do this when they pull people up on party nights like Fri and Sat nights, they will set up a kind of road block and pull people over randomly, even if they don't see them driving recklessly. So I would imagine that hitting a pylon head on would be grounds for both mandatory breath and saliva analysis.

GBC has too much of a "social standing": and his children I doubt if drugs involved. We must remember the police have spoken to several people and we must keep an open mind. Yes I agree we may have missed something blood family have loyaltys agreed but we are definately missing something and its right in front of us by the way have you seen the guest list now!!

I was thinking she may have had it done as she had a conference to go to the next day.

I get my hair done and then decide not to go for a walk or do anything that will mess up my do. Again from my point of view I think this supports the argument that is was highly unlikely that a late night walk was on the evenings agenda.

Some talk about a trust fund for the Baden-Clay children from thread 2 got me thinking about various types of trusts, which in turn made me curious as to whether Gerards business was structured like mine with a trustee for a family trust, a discretionary trust, trading. So I looked him up on abn lookup and lo and behold it is. That's not the interesting part. The interesting part is that he also has an investment trust trading as Oasis Finance. Under the Property Agents and Motor Vehicles Act 2000 this is a conflict of interest. Naughty Gerard could well have been lending buyers the money for houses he was selling, thus giving him a vested interest in the property post sale and the ability to alter the sale price by being the agent and mortgager. The question that this raises is who is the underwriter for the finance he is selling? Because that person could be owed an obscene amount of money and not be of desirable character like the big four banks. It also has me wondering how much of this Allison knew.
That's some awesome sleuthing there, Tiff.

Also, is there a way we can check online for any prior disturbances in the area they live in? Like when police are called out for a domestic issue? I tried to search for any information that may have been in court (like transcripts) but they have to be applied for.

:what:

Wow!!! top sleuth!!! wow..................

Regarding the accident at Indooroopilly, my thoughts on this are:
Considering he had bruising to his chest, would it not make sense to have an accident and allowing the airbag(if deployed) to bruise you so that further bruising occurs and covers what appears as a foot shaped bruise on your chest.
If he was on top of her,and I don't know strangling her, would she not scratch at his face and endeavor to push him off with her foot/feet.She was fit. She walked every morning. Just my opinion- could be completely wrong.

Only when there are injuries/the police are required to attend the accident IIRC. Your usual nose-to-tail accident doesn't warrant a drug test.
If the QPS had been engaged in a pursuit then yes.

Could be wrong?

I'm curious about this now. I did just find this - I'm not sure if it is the latest bill or up to date, but it does state that if asked to do so, medical practioners can take samples without the patient's consent.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/do...hPublications/ResearchBriefs/2002/2002015.pdf

I wonder if the Indooroopilly police made this request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties