Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not judging anyone for the way they make reference, it's a hard stuation and very new to so many people posting on here about it. I just posted my feelings on the matter and my own little way of honouring Allison. But agree totally, everyone deals with it differently.

Thats ok. I wasn't either. But I realized in what you said that I think I had used ABC. I wasn't meaning anything by my reply to you.

I agree about how the police would have ruled him out. If he is innocent all of this speculation will have ruined him. I am damn sure that he or his family members would have come out swinging (so to speak) in his defence. They'd be talking about what a great husband he was. I personally think that if he is arrested he'll take a plea bargain to stop any of this information coming out and destroying the "good" Baden-Clay name.

Yes, exactly. Police have done nothing to quell the rumours or to protect him in any way, or to show concern. And as you say, family have been completely silent after the initial comments from his sister and the sermon or whatever it was from the brother-in-law.

The female ex colleague who has been interviewed by police and has now lawyered up lives one street off Moggill Rd.

I have followed the Jonbenet Ramsey case for many years now and have participated in forum discussions for 6 of those years and it is the reason I joined this one. There are RDIs (Ramseys did it) and IDIs (Intruder did it) -I am RDI - and when I firsted started was given a terrible time by the IDIs LOL.

It has only been 19 days into this case, so imagine 15+ years of re-hashing and some rather insane theories in the Ramsey case. LOL

Apologies to all for straying off topic!

You have well and truly paid your dues! :cool: You are so good, the experience shows. (yes I'm serious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyG
I agree about how the police would have ruled him out. If he is innocent all of this speculation will have ruined him. I am damn sure that he or his family members would have come out swinging (so to speak) in his defence. They'd be talking about what a great husband he was. I personally think that if he is arrested he'll take a plea bargain to stop any of this information coming out and destroying the "good" Baden-Clay name.

Baden Clays are nobodies. No one outside of their westie circle knew of the name until the shizz hit the fan.
If they had have retained the Baden Powell name then thats a whole new kettle of fish, that's a name that people know regardless of where they come from.

Well I'm glad you're back :)

I've also really got to say what utter poop the Brisbane Times website is. It's so bland and not as easy to look at. Courier mail do it much better IMO

Sometimes Brisbane Times have something interesting. They've had a few reports on this case. It's owned by Fairfax. Courier Mail by News Limited.

Surely police now are just getting their ducks in a row. Waiting for autopsy and toxicology results. Not long to wait now......lets hope it's all done & dusted before the funeral.

Feel like I know you all on here. I did have a book somewhere I was enjoying before I found this thread!~:)

Yes. I get the impression that police know exactly how long it will be until they get certain results, and they have plans for any eventuality.

But - hypothetical - if you knew you could make an arrest before or after the funeral, which would you chose?

After would be less disruptive, but before would save the good and innocent parties here from having to sit through a funeral with the killer/s in their midst. Because you know that no matter who it is, they're going to be at the funeral.

I think, for humanitarian reasons, I'd choose before, so people can have a sense of resolution at the funeral so it's more of a 'completion', but perhaps there might be other strategic considerations.

Thoughts?

Hi, someone mentioned on the last page about the mistress "aiding and abetting". She could only be charged with that if they had evidence or a confession of involvement after the fact. If, however, she has failed to tell the police information pertinent to the case she could be charged with hinder if she's proven to be lying or withholding information. It's kind of a blurred line between what's considered hinder and what is "aiding and abetting". The police sometimes have to interview "vigorously" to get what they need. Maybe she's lawyered up because her options are crap and worse crap. Who knows?

This makes a lot of sense. Explains why such long interviews too.

No wonder they are looking at the roundabout ... hmmm

Exactly. And the street joins onto Moggill Rd, it isn't even a street back or disjointed if that makes sense. It's so close in proximity to everything pertaining to this case.

You have well and truly paid your dues! :cool: You are so good, the experience shows. (yes I'm serious)

Thank you. One thing about this case is that most people have the same suspect in mind. Makes things much smoother LOL

I don't think too many have been getting much sleep so I guess it's not allowed..lol.

sad but true: I find that I need to do/read something else for a while before i go to sleep or I dream about the case! :eek:fftobed:

Yes. I get the impression that police know exactly how long it will be until they get certain results, and they have plans for any eventuality.

But - hypothetical - if you knew you could make an arrest before or after the funeral, which would you chose?

After would be less disruptive, but before would save the good and innocent parties here from having to sit through a funeral with the killer/s in their midst. Because you know that no matter who it is, they're going to be at the funeral.

I think, for humanitarian reasons, I'd choose before, so people can have a sense of resolution at the funeral so it's more of a 'completion', but perhaps there might be other strategic considerations.

Thoughts?

Before ... it would be devastating to those 3 little girls, who will not comprehend why their father has been taken away.

I believe it will be after the funeral. Poor, poor, children!!

That was as subtle as a steel trap!

Yes :)

While it's been frustrating, I've also enjoyed watching how the Courier Mail has reported on this when their hands have been tied, both by helping the police and steering clear of touchy lawyers.

Through omission, juxtaposition and sensitive editing they've done some very elegant reporting, and that's not really a word I would have expected to find myself using with the CM normally.

They must have so much info they're sitting on - I hope they eventually get to publish.

Exactly. And the street joins onto Moggill Rd, it isn't even a street back or disjointed if that makes sense. It's so close in proximity to everything pertaining to this case.

If this all turns out to be as many suspect..its truly awful. But for Allison to have been a victim for whatever reason is too. It all makes me a little sick at the thought.

I think its time for me to get some sleep..or try. I have been getting all sorts of thoughts relating to this case running though my head as I try to sleep of late. Probably spending time here hashing out and reading people insights doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether