Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinkies! They really were at a sleepover!

So it is how I read it. The article the other day made it unclear whether it was Friday or Thursday night the sleepover was. I read it as Thursday and then we had someone mention Allison was at the hairdresser on Thurs night and spoke about the girls having a sleepover THurs night.

Well I never said the Police did give out that information did I? Of course they wouldn't hand out that information. The community out here has offered many many theories and speculation some of which is complete fantasy and other bits that seem perhaps embedded in the truth. Everyone knows someone who knows someone who told them that...... I just thought it was interesting that I have heard that particular theory from 3 different and unrelated people in the last couple of days. Several people have said that their information came from up above....who knows. All we have is speculation at this point and the little the police have released as fact. No one knows if he did it or not, we are only supposing on which way we're being pointed.

What I do know is that we may never really know what happened - not really. I just think it is all terribly sad and a bit ewwww to think that amongst us is someone willing to go to that extreme. I don't know the answer and I don't know that I will feel any better about it even if I did except that at least Allison would be at peace. Those girls and the rest of her family have to live their lives without her and I struggle with the fact that she won't see them graduate school, get married, have their babies, experience their first kiss etc etc etc. It angers me that her influence has been ripped away from them like that.

Sorry if you took that the wrong way i was just meaning would the police give that information out. I wasn't saying you said the police gave the information out i was meaning the people that know about it would the police tell them? :)

Who is paying for the lawyer and barrister?
Maybe Century21, operate in 73 countries with 120000 employees big corporate image to protect.It will not look good for them if gbc did this.
This story was picked up by the BBC on day 1 so it has the potential to go global, not good PR.Much better for them if he's not the perp.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_21_Real_Estate"]Century 21 Real Estate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Who is paying for the lawyer and barrister?
Maybe Century21, operate in 73 countries with 120000 employees big corporate image to protect.It will not look good for them if gbc did this.
This story was picked up by the BBC on day 1 so it has the potential to go global, not good PR.Much better for them if he's not the perp.
Century 21 Real Estate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But aren't they all independent franchises? C21 would want to distance themselves from him pretty quickly IMO. I think his parents are putting up the cash/house/investment properties for the legal costs.

But aren't they all independent franchises? C21 would want to distance themselves from him pretty quickly IMO. I think his parents are putting up the cash/house/investment properties for the legal costs.

McDonalds are mostly franchises their corporate image is what sells franchises

Also it's hard to work out what really happened and what didn't because sometimes the media twist stories from fact too whatever they want. That's why i don't really believe many of the reports (unless they come from supt Ainsworth or the police

Angel, for the most part, since Allison was first reported missing, especially Courier Mail, have reported things as they've happened. In my opinion they've been working very well with police & not reporting rubbish comments. I also think they're showing a lot of respect for Allison's family by doing this.

There was a "flowery story" or two but that was on a Sydney Telegraph site, posted by a journo who is an author of crime type books. No doubt she's already well on her way to writing a book about this case.

McDonalds are mostly franchises their corporate image is what sells franchises

Franchisors may stipulate in their contracts that if the franchisee is charged with a criminal offence, then they are in breach of contract. If he is charged, maybe the old man will take over.

FYI, I spent almost 2 years in a forum discussing the Madeleine McCann case, however I was not one of the first members (probably joined 3 months after the little girl disappeared) and they were tough with the "newbies" or people not totally aware of location, etc.!! Don't feel you have to explain. You have the right to ask/post as anybody else. I believe if someone doesn't agree/like what somebody writes, then they should just skip it until they find something interesting for them.

I totally understand this point of view but i can also see the frustration from the other side of the fence. There have been a couple of periods here where things just got so crazy - where points a lot of people had discussed and pretty much established and spent a lot of hours and time and effort, had been brought up again and gone down ridiculous and incorrect tracks, then people had started to talk about them as if they were correct. I'm not talking about different opinions or speculation which is allowed on here, and all part of it, I mean basically total confusion and misunderstanding.

I was so exhausted and I can understand why some people got cranky. For me, I patiently stuck it out, but then I'm a stayer! I can understand why some others left or got snarky, At the same time I do agree a level of tolerance is important to make this work here - sometimes a high level!

I do think it helps if newcomers read through some of what has gone before, It does help to enhance the quality of discussion if you've got up to scratch with some established conclusions as a basis for other speculation.

That said, I do think it's a pretty great bunch of people on here. It's a very sad subject we are talking about, so not a lot of fun to be had but at least we can contribute to something a bit more constructive than just gossip and i think we are doing that.

PS Keyboredom I'm so glad you are back - even though we had those fights!

A few pages back the business name Nigelaine was mentioned.

I have been searching things related to that name and it's almost like Nigelaine has become a person with its (their) own identity.

There are death notices from a few years ago and the condolences were signed "Nigelaine Baden-Clay".
It strikes me as weird that you would sign condolences like that, were they too pressed for time to add a few more letters?

Maybe they are trying to portray the illusion of status by becoming the Bennifer or TomKat of the western suburbs *gags a little*

Yes, this is just a rambling of an over tired person but it strikes me as bloody strange!

Thanks for this post, It is interesting how we all deal with thing differently. I have found it awkward any way ..I think I have referred to Allison as ABC on occasion, the husband, I try not to refer to him by name of any kind, mostly as I guess I feel the need to not refer to him directly by name when discussing what he may or may not have done. I guess I feel a little of the old innocent till proven guilty. While I have my thoughts I just feel uncomfortable I guess in actually naming him as if fact that he is guilty, just in case he is not. Strange maybe? I don't know. As I say we all deal with and think differently.

I'm not judging anyone for the way they make reference, it's a hard stuation and very new to so many people posting on here about it. I just posted my feelings on the matter and my own little way of honouring Allison. But agree totally, everyone deals with it differently.

Angel, for the most part, since Allison was first reported missing, especially Courier Mail, have reported things as they've happened. In my opinion they've been working very well with police & not reporting rubbish comments. I also think they're showing a lot of respect for Allison's family by doing this.

There was a "flowery story" or two but that was on a Sydney Telegraph site, posted by a journo who is an author of crime type books. No doubt she's already well on her way to writing a book about this case.

I agree with you the courier mail has been great. I have been to other pages on facebook and searching google and some of them have the same kind of report but worded to the way they want it. I always buy the courier mail and haven't had a problem with them at all :)

I totally understand this point of view but i can also see the frustration from the other side of the fence. There have been a couple of periods here where things just got so crazy - where points a lot of people had discussed and pretty much established and spent a lot of hours and time and effort, had been brought up again and gone down ridiculous and incorrect tracks, then people had started to talk about them as if they were correct. I'm not talking about different opinions or speculation which is allowed on here, and all part of it, I mean basically total confusion and misunderstanding.

I was so exhausted and I can understand why some people got cranky. For me, I patiently stuck it out, but then I'm a stayer! I can understand why some others left or got snarky, At the same time I do agree a level of tolerance is important to make this work here - sometimes a high level!

I do think it helps if newcomers read through some of what has gone before, It does help to enhance the quality of discussion if you've got up to scratch with some established conclusions as a basis for other speculation.

That said, I do think it's a pretty great bunch of people on here. It's a very sad subject we are talking about, so not a lot of fun to be had but at least we can contribute to something a bit more constructive than just gossip and i think we are doing that.

I've given up this place a handful of times. Then I lurked. And then I had to comment or thank :D

I love the patience people in here have had. I agree things got crazy at times but we stuck it out and it is looking hopeful that we will hear in the near future that someone will be arrested for this. It's been awesome having you guys to share these thoughts with. I really have appreciated it.

Surely police now are just getting their ducks in a row. Waiting for autopsy and toxicology results. Not long to wait now......lets hope it's all done & dusted before the funeral.

Feel like I know you all on here. I did have a book somewhere I was enjoying before I found this thread!~:)

I respect your opinion, however I don't totally agree. Members here come from all walks of life, with different views according to also their own experiences with, for example, DV or murder in their own backyard. Also, many members are not from the Brookfield area or even Brisbane hence some things might not make sense. I view this as a conversation, an exchange of opinions. Yes, some theories have gone a bit wild, but I just skip them and ignore them.

I've given up this place a handful of times. Then I lurked. And then I had to comment or thank :D

I love the patience people in here have had. I agree things got crazy at times but we stuck it out and it is looking hopeful that we will hear in the near future that someone will be arrested for this. It's been awesome having you guys to share these thoughts with. I really have appreciated it.

Ha, me too. I went away. then just checked out (lurked) to see if any update, but couldn't help but post or give thanks for someones post, so was back again. (much to some eyerolling by some possibly, lol)

I respect your opinion, however I don't totally agree. Members here come from all walks of life, with different views according to also their own experiences with, for example, DV or murder in their own backyard. Also, many members are not from the Brookfield area or even Brisbane hence some things might not make sense. I view this as a conversation, an exchange of opinions. Yes, some theories have gone a bit wild, but I just skip them and ignore them.

I'm actually from Stanthorpe :) I know nothing about Brookfield and for that matter i have no idea where it is. The only reason i found out about Brookfield was because i'm a member of the QPS page on facebook

Ha, me too. I went away. then just checked out (lurked) to see if any update, but couldn't help but post or give thanks for someones post, so was back again. (much to some eyerolling by some possibly, lol)
Well I'm glad you're back :)

I've also really got to say what utter poop the Brisbane Times website is. It's so bland and not as easy to look at. Courier mail do it much better IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz