Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Baden-Clay's husband, Gerard, returned to the family's home in the western suburb of Brookfield early this morning before taking his three young daughters to school, the Courier Mail reports.http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8463996/murdered-brisbane-mums-children-return-to-school

I'm sure you guys know about this, but it's really disturbing to me! Why make the girls go to school before the memorial on Friday? And with all the media on this case! It almost seems cruel! Is it just me?

When our parents died our father died first. My brothers were 10 and 12 at the time and our mother made the 5 of us go too school even the day he died. I never got to ask her why but i'm guessing it was to keep our mind off things. Our mother then died 22 months later and we were still made to go too school ( before the funerals were even held :(

When our parents died our father died first. My brothers were 10 and 12 at the time and our mother made the 5 of us go too school even the day he died. I never got to ask her why but i'm guessing it was to keep our mind off things. Our mother then died 22 months later and we were still made to go too school ( before the funerals were even held :(

Was it hard on you to go to school that quickly? I think at that age I would have been afraid to be away from the family.

also, Shelbinator, the footage you referred to regarding the bins being searches, can you see where it is?

I'm on iPad now and don't know how to link, or if I can? It's in footage I watched that was posted in the last few pages. I'll turn my puter on shortly and find it for you.

Was it hard on you to go to school that quickly? I think at that age I would have been afraid to be away from the family.

It was very hard to go too school especially when most of the other students had their parents and we didn't :( My dad was 49 when he passed away and our mum was 45. That's why i think i'm so into keeping up to date with this case. Because even though my parents weren't murdered we were still young when they passed away. It's kind of i sort of know what these girls are going through :(

I actually think going to school is a good idea. The longer they are away from school and friends, the more difficult it would be to go back.

I can also see why others may disagree with back to school already, and I think it will be another one of those "everybody's different" type of things.

It was very hard to go too school especially when most of the other students had their parents and we didn't :( My dad was 49 when he passed away and our mum was 45. That's why i think i'm so into keeping up to date with this case. Because even though my parents weren't murdered we were still young when they passed away. It's kind of i sort of know what these girls are going through :(

:hug:

The only lawsuits I've heard of have been copyright violations. That is why we allow only 10% of a link to be copied and pasted.

Defamation actions based on comments published on internet forums crop up from time to time. Sometimes they succeed. Even where the actual names of people are not used. The test is whether the comment(s) are reasonably referable to the person complaining.

Agreed, somehow, I don't think we are going to solve this, as you say. The Police have the numbers, experience, resources and much, much more information regarding the case than we could possibly know.

Imagine the file police would already have on this case...investigating detectives, forensics, toxicology...100's & 100's of pages...we are privy to how many ??

Thats not to say that people on forums or facebook and the like can't come up with some little piece of information or whatever that may be relevant. but then the advice would always be contact the police(crimestoppers) and that is what Police have been calling for people to do.

This is true, one never knows if there is a tiny piece which police should be notified about....if anyone does think it's of relevance they do, as you've said, contact crimestoppers.

Hopefully our police force will soon have all they need to arrest whoever has killed Allison....I don't think that time can come quick enough for her family & friends.

These are all really good points - great summary of some disturbing (to normal people) issues.

I'm on the fence atm re pre-mediated or not (but slipping sideways daily).
*Home alone? - maybe
*Insurance evidence if it exists - definitely
*Involvement of 2nd person? maybe a bit more (rationale being that the willingness of a 2nd person to get involved, even if the events of the 19th were spontaneous, could indicate pre-planning)
*Messiness of stories and impression of rush job and panic - maybe not

All the rest of the issues you've raised depict a pathological lack of empathy. I too had a wtf? about "getting the kids back to normal life".

And the more I think about it, the more I find the treatment of Allison's body to be an indication of the murderer's feelings for her - utter callous disregard; just a threat to be disposed of. Does that mean that the living Allison was viewed in that way too?

I think so. People who love and care about someone still fuss over their body after death - you don't instantly start viewing it as rubbish.

If that degree of hatred/disregard existed, then there may have been some pre-planning, or at least fantasising about how to murder her. Whether or not these plans actually came to pass on the night of the 19th, or whether it was more an opportunistic killing (+/- some degree of pre-meditation) is hard to tell.

Something like evidence of insurance policy changes may then turn out to be the deciding factor.

I think it was premeditated...and I think that is the delay from the police..gathering enough evidence for a murder charge rather than manslaughter....

Hi everyone,
I am new to this great site and cannot believe i didn't know it existed until now!
Anyway, I am still trying to catch up, so don't know if this has already been mentioned, but just a bit of personal opinion RE: GBC's behaviour prior to the discovery of Allison's body...
many of you have suggested that he wasn't acting like a man who's wife was missing, but if the police had let GBC know they thought she was deceased prior to finding her body, then, of course he would not be acting like his wife was missing. KWIM?
I have an inkling that the police told the family she may have already been deceased, and this is suggested in one of the articles where Allison's parents say:
"But after that length of time we were ready to find her body.

"He's (God) answered one of our prayers, she was found, and the second prayer is that we find who did this awful thing to our daughter."

quoted from: http://www.news.com.au/national/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6frfkvr-1226346331460#ixzz1uKprICSR
I also don't put much creedence in the fact that GBC has hired legal representation, as some people tend to lawyer up at the drop of a hat, particularly business minded people. My grandfather is like this, he calls his lawyer if he gets a parking ticket! LOL (funnily enough, my grandfather is an ex realestate agency owner).
Having said all of this, i still suspect that GBC knows a lot more than he is letting on.
All of this is IMO.

Here is a little more info on the funeral, by the way: http://www.qt.com.au/story/2012/05/09/ipswichs-farewell-toallison-murder-victims-funeral/
Anyway, i look forward to participating on this site :)
P.s. i am sorry that this post is difficult to read, i had a late night working last night, so am a bit tired.

On 29 Apr (day before Allison's body was found, the following link http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/australian-news/13546842/search-continues-for-missing-brisbane-mother/
says that:
"About 120 police and State Emergency Service (SES) volunteers are continuing to search the area on foot, trail bikes and horseback.
Yesterday, SES members say they found "several personal items".
The items have been taken away for testing to determine if they belong to Mrs Baden-Clay.
Police still have few leads despite a major investigation.
Police have also renewed an appeal for residents in the area to check their properties."

We don't know where they were found, and I don't think it has been reported anywhere, that the items have been discounted as belonging to Allison.
My thoughts are:
1. The Police may have sighted vehicle(s) on CCTV camera at the roundabout between 11.30pm and 4am;
2. These vehicles may have been seen more than once during this time period;
3. Maybe the 'several personal items' were found in the vicinity of the roundabout;
and the Police are trying to investigate a link between 2. and 3. and asking the public if anyone saw them being placed in a bin, or the like.

I think I've read every post here over the past 10+ days and I think almost every scenario has been covered.
One thing occured to me that seems odd, are the pictures/messages drawn by the kids in the very early stages. They have seemingly been handed to the press (ie: they are not photos of the drawings, left on the fence for example).
Does this seem an odd thing for a family member to release to the media and what are the motivations by whoever released them?
Link adjacent: www.couriermail.com.au/news/gallery-e6frer9f-1226336989408?page=23

Yes these struck me as weird, as if they came from an adult encouraging the kids to draw these to achieve a particular impression ("mummy's run off - let's tell her we love her to get her to come back").

I've been looking at quite a few videos of interviews with "people whose wives disappeared then later turned out to be murdered by them" and they all feature the "mummy please come home, we love you" trope being used by the person who turns out to be the murderer.

If you think about it, if a normally reliable, predictable person disappears, you don't think they've just gone somewhere voluntarily and that they're in any position to respond to requests to come home; you know something is seriously wrong.

Hi everyone,
I am new to this great site and cannot believe i didn't know it existed until now!
Anyway, I am still trying to catch up, so don't know if this has already been mentioned, but just a bit of personal opinion RE: GBC's behaviour prior to the discovery of Allison's body...
many of you have suggested that he wasn't acting like a man who's wife was missing, but if the police had let GBC know they thought she was deceased prior to finding her body, then, of course he would not be acting like his wife was missing. KWIM?
I have an inkling that the police told the family she may have already been deceased, and this is suggested in one of the articles where Allison's parents say:
I also don't put much creedence in the fact that GBC has hired legal representation, as some people tend to lawyer up at the drop of a hat, particularly business minded people. My grandfather is like this, he calls his lawyer if he gets a parking ticket! LOL (funnily enough, my grandfather is an ex realestate agency owner).
Having said all of this, i still suspect that GBC knows a lot more than he is letting on.
All of this is IMO.

Here is a little more info on the funeral, by the way: http://www.qt.com.au/story/2012/05/09/ipswichs-farewell-toallison-murder-victims-funeral/
Anyway, i look forward to participating on this site :)
P.s. i am sorry that this post is difficult to read, i had a late night working last night, so am a bit tired.

Thankyou for this link going by this one it seems they were actually living in the same house

As it says On April 19 she went missing from the Brookfield home she shared with her husband Gerard and their three daughters.

Many cars have a tow bar but it doesn't mean the Baden-Clay's had a trailer. From the photo, the yellow things behind the silver car do not look like a trailer to me.
That's for sure. I have my tow bar on my ute and don't own a trailer anymore because I gave it away years ago. I figure that if I can't fit it in the ute, then I don't want or need it. But it's handy for if I ever do need to tow something for someone else which has happened.

But I like my tow bar to stay (tow ball and all), because it looks a bit precarious and keeps others away from getting too close to the back of me on the road when driving. A false security thingy in my head.

People do all sorts of things which to them have a logic and a good reason, but to others it may not seem seem right.

Mrs Baden-Clay's husband, Gerard, returned to the family's home in the western suburb of Brookfield early this morning before taking his three young daughters to school, the Courier Mail reports.http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8463996/murdered-brisbane-mums-children-return-to-school

I'm sure you guys know about this, but it's really disturbing to me! Why make the girls go to school before the memorial on Friday? And with all the media on this case! It almost seems cruel! Is it just me?
I agree. My son's father (my ex) died a few years back. It wasn't suspicious and there were no media around us. But he was sad, angry, confused, heartbroken. He was only 6 and he needed some time at home to cry when he needed to, to be able to hug his mum when he needed to. He suffered from separation anxiety for a while afterwards as he was worried something would happen to me too.

While I know that not all situations are the same, I believe that most children need some time to be able to process their emotions, to ask questions when they need to, and to feel safe and secure around their family.

And I was 10 when my father died...I too had to go to school the next day...I wasnt even allowed to go to the funeral...I had to go to school!

I am convinced that kids are brought up tougher in Australia....much tougher than their cousins in USA., and our primary schools are so much more fun....less hours, outside breaks all the time, lots of sport to play. I think they would enjoy being with their friends. If I remember back to the days wen dad died....I wanted to get away from the seriousness of all the adult stressors.

To be honest I would doubt that the main person being discussed here would bring a defamation suit as they are incredibly expensive to launch (and therefore out of the realms of most everyday people), .

Most of what I have read on this thread about defamation law is completely wrong and misleading.

:welcome3:

To our many guests ~

We hope you choose to join us soon and let us know what you think happened to Allison.

I share your underlying concern that people should not be able to publish obvious rubbish hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. There should be some fact involved that, as you say, would let a reasonable person draw some conclusion. The statement itself does not have to be fact, but it has to be generally acceptable and expected in our society. IMO a lot of the stuff mentioned in these discussions have been far from based on fact, or reasonable, but that's just my opinion.

I think the mods of this site would be able to confirm, but I presume if they received a subpoena from a relevant authority in their jurisdiction, they could be 'asked' to release information (such as IP address) to identify posters. I wonder if that has ever happened? (Mods?)

The chances of posts by people claiming to be in Australia, defaming an individual in Australia, proven to such an extent that an international action is commenced against them, is probably pretty slim.

That said, anyone being charged in this case is also likely to have fairly pressing matters on their mind in the coming months. If it turns out this person/people were also the subject of the defamatory comments on here, I really don't think the insignificant chance they could benefit from pursuing a defamation action against a faceless internet poster or public forum, hosted in another country altogether, is going to come into play. IMO.

For Gods sake...can everyone chill out...I am sick of reading the rules according to posters....The rukes are mentioned about every few posts lately. The Mods have been very clear on this and have done this on nearly every page. Stop with the lenghty rule posts and just move on! ARGHH!:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr