Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read here about defamation if you are concerned about speculating online : http://www.law.uts.edu.au/comslaw/factsheets/defamation.html

Personally, I find it of little concern. You'd have a hard job showing XYZ poster on websleuths damaged his reputation versus the known circumstances and (careful) media coverage.

Yes good point.

It's funny, I happened to be talking to a minister from my mother's church this morning, and the topic of Allison's funeral came up (because of other matters) and she was spontaneously voicing the exact same opinions that have made people here worried about defamation. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't hang around on crime forums.

If they want to sue anyone for defamation, they'd better be prepared to take on the whole population of south-east Queensland, and a good chunk of the rest of Australia and the world too, because everyone is saying the same thing!

Just wanted to point out something with the photos of the car in the previous thread (not sure how to copy them here); but the marks on the bonnet appear to be paint. There was a photo of the other car on the driveway (will try and find it; it's the one where the word "SHE" is marked out on the driveway, by what appears to be a high pressure spray) and there appears to be more paint on the driveway.
Not sure it's relevant to this matter, but could be a good excuse to be washing the car when the police arrived.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=b...8&start=52&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:52,i:291

Re Friday morning when Allison was reported missing
Doesn't anyone else think that it's strange that he was washing the car when the police arrived due to a missing person call! If in fact mum73 is correct.

Thankyou for this link going by this one it seems they were actually living in the same house

As it says On April 19 she went missing from the Brookfield home she shared with her husband Gerard and their three daughters.

If you were separated (on the quiet), would you publish it? I don't think it necessarily means they were living in the same house. Someone posted a while back that he was living part-time at the parents home and part-time at the family home.

I'm on iPad now and don't know how to link, or if I can? It's in footage I watched that was posted in the last few pages. I'll turn my puter on shortly and find it for you.

also, Shelbinator, the footage you referred to regarding the bins being searches, can you see where it is?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226337500309 I've got this, but it's just saying that they're extending the search to industrial bins - in the video they say it. I'll keep looking for the footage that I saw! Sorry for the delay, I've been on my iPad for most of this.

Doesn't anyone else think that it's strange that he was washing the car when the police arrived due to a missing person call! If in fact mum73 is correct.

I believe that is incorrect. I have not seen any media reports that he was washing the car.

Yes good point.

It's funny, I happened to be talking to a minister from my mother's church this morning, and this topic came up (only because we had to rearrange other plans because Allison's funeral had meant changes to her schedule) and she was spontaneously voicing the exact same opinions that have people here worried about defamation. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't hang around on crime forums.

If they want to sue anyone for defamation, they'd better be prepared to take on the whole population of south-east Queensland, and a good chunk of the rest of Australia and the world too, because everyone is saying the same thing!

Exactly.... I was thinking the same thing....

The Courier Mail this morning is running a copy of the funeral notice in the article http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-ipswich-funeral/story-e6freoof-1226350333476

and here is the actual notice
http://tributes.couriermail.com.au/...on-baden-clay-dickie&pid=157500203&fhid=12396

What I find interesting is it says "Wife of Gerard. Loving Mother of Hannah, Sarah and Eleanora. Precious Daughter of Geoff and Priscilla. Much loved Sister and Sister-in-law of Vanessa and Bradley, Ashley and Lisa. Dear Granddaughter, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law and special Aunt, Niece and Cousin. Family and Friends are warmly invited to honour Allison,"

EVERYONE is "much loved", "precious", "dear" etc BUT Gerard it simply says "Wife of Gerard". Just seems odd to me that he doesn't get a beloved or something!

Hi...have been reading since the first comment...seems weeks ago now....yes...I noticed this....

If posters start dissing mods here, there will be some time outs. I'm in a jolly good mood tonight or there already could have been.

Kimster don't worry, there's no dissing of mods there - that's just Australian humour. When Australians start teasing/insulting you it means they like you.

:)

websleuthstrain.jpg

Let's keep the train on the tracks. :tyou:

(Regarding internet laws and such...if you have more questions, please contact administration privately).

If you were separated (on the quiet), would you publish it? I don't think it necessarily means they were living in the same house. Someone posted a while back that he was living part-time at the parents home and part-time at the family home.
Or maybe it's just an assumption. Otherwise why else would he be at the house at 7.30am on a Friday morning?

Hi...have been reading since the first comment...seems weeks ago now....yes...I noticed this....

this would be typical language used when most knew they were separated but not yet formalising their divorce...

Its a difficult stage to be at when something like this happens....not just for GBC but for everyone else connected to them...

Welcome :) Yeah that struck me too when I was reading it. It does give a good indication that all was not well in their relationship.

The timeline of media links has been expanded for this case and can be found here

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7890742#post7890742"]AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This are links that were referred to in the first half of thread 1. I am still working my way through and will post additional updates as I go.

Sorry for the time it is taking to get it all caught up but having to work on it between work and other responsibilities.

The timeline of media links has been expanded for this case and can be found here

AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This are links that were referred to in the first half of thread 1. I am still working my way through and will post additional updates as I go.

Sorry for the time it is taking to get it all caught up but having to work on it between work and other responsibilities.

Thanks for doing this!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lison-baden-clay/story-e6freoof-1226337500309 I've got this, but it's just saying that they're extending the search to industrial bins - in the video they say it. I'll keep looking for the footage that I saw! Sorry for the delay, I've been on my iPad for most of this.

I seen that also.....I think same footage as GBC and sister to reporter??

I questioned that a few threads back as I thought his appearnce at the shopping centre was odd...Why was he there? I thought maybe he might of disposed phone ther to make it harder to know who had dumped it?

No no...washing the car is just a theory unless someone can verify (and I've yet to see).

We seem to be getting stray assumptions sneaking in again.

And why are we talking about tow-bars?

And of people putting bodies in industrial bins?

AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

No need to apologise. What you're doing is very much appreciated.

I wasn't aware until today that any speculation (ie saying someone is guilty) before it's proven can go for them in court :(

Apparently they can use it as that they were judged to be guilty before they were even charged/ gone through court. Did anyone else know this??

I did put up a warning about this a couple of threads ago. Speculation and statements about guilt can help the defence.

I did put up a warning about this a couple of threads ago. Speculation and statements about guilt can help the defence.

Thankyou so much for telling me i must have missed your warning i apologise for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake