Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think the police would announce something false. The Superintendent clearly stated in one of the interviews that a canoeist alerted them to Allison's whereabouts. I think I have asked before, can anyone recollect the police ever making an intentionally false statement to media?

Yep, the canoeist.

Not a puzzle :)

I have just gone through the previous threads and I strongly believe this need some continuing websleuthing - the police didnt annouce anything false a canoist did find her but IMO there is more to this

The police would need a warrant to request phone bills (call register) and the can also request reports on where a phone has pinged. This gives location when the phone is on but not being used. It's how they would have triangulated Allison's phone. Sometimes these reports take a while (1-2 weeks) even in high status cases) due to the process. The police need to make sure that the chain of evidence is maintained and they have all their ducks in a row.

Please tell me....Does the iphone maintain previous days and times and record locations you have been in the last week or so?

Thanks Brookster, I think we're all worried about the girls. I think if anyone can help these little girls, it will be their friends. There is definitely lots of love around Brookfield ATM. Some finality would be good too.

Please tell me....Does the iphone maintain previous days and times and record locations you have been in the last week or so?

Not really. You can get various apps that will record your walks and jogs. You can use the 'FindMyPhone' app on a PC to see where you lost it. It will record the GPS of where you take photos. But in its native state it is not a tracking device. All phones can be roughly tracked according to the transmitter towers they are nearest to.

I have just gone through the previous threads and I strongly believe this need some continuing websleuthing - the police didnt annouce anything false a canoist did find her but IMO there is more to this

The poor guy probably owned a canoe..thought he'd take it out for a paddle around considering the amount of water that would have been in that creek after the recent deluge. How many people own canoes & take them out for a paddle in creeks??

I feel sorry for the poor guy.

Another thing the police weren't searching that area so it wasnt SES and a "passing canoiest" in a muddy creek. Its not the sought of creek and area you would pass?

The poor guy probably owned a canoe..thought he'd take it out for a paddle around considering the amount of water that would have been in that creek after the recent deluge. How many people own canoes & take them out for a paddle in creeks??

I feel sorry for the poor guy.

Exactly! and have you seen how far down the river banks are to the propertys on that stretch of river? mmmm more sleuthing to be done!!

Exactly! and have you seen how far down the river banks are to the propertys on that stretch of river? mmmm more sleuthing to be done!!

He may have lived miles away...how long is that creek..where does it begin??

Do you know of people who own canoes & go paddling in their local creek or river??

As I said, I feel sorry for the poor guy...although at the same time, glad he happened to be paddling around & found Allison. Otherwise who knows when she may have been found.

All media links in relation to this case that were referred to in thread 1 have now been added to the timeline which can be found here

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7890742#post7890742"]AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I hope to have those media links referred to in thread 2 added to the timeline in the next few days.

The police would need a warrant to request phone bills (call register) and the can also request reports on where a phone has pinged. This gives location when the phone is on but not being used. It's how they would have triangulated Allison's phone. Sometimes these reports take a while (1-2 weeks) even in high status cases) due to the process. The police need to make sure that the chain of evidence is maintained and they have all their ducks in a row.

Very good reply. It is a full time job maintaining continuity.

Do you know of people who own canoes & go paddling in their local creek or river??

As I said, I feel sorry for the poor guy...although at the same time, glad he happened to be paddling around & found Allison. Otherwise who knows when she may have been found.

I live in Victoria and we have a few rivers in our area and I know of at least half a dozen people that own canoes and go canoeing around here, it's a great way of being outside and exercising, so it's probably quite common.

Having a look at the news footage again, the Police mention that this person had been canoeing in the Brisbane River and a number of its tributaries. Could be as simple as person didn't want any media attention and police have sheltered them from any info about them getting out. IMO either a hard core canoeist on a weekday (perhaps also in the rain...not sure re weather). Or someone who maybe was unofficially helping search and lived in area.

Not sure about the iPhone storing that info but the phone company does. LD would have been placed in homes and phones ASAP and probably a warrant to collect info before and since Allisons disappearance on anyones phone who is a POI.

Collecting and cataloguing evidence is a long slow process that has to have all it's i dotted and t's crossed. A slip up can mean getting off on a technicality.

Maverick left days ago because someone questioned his posts? He basically said he was fed up and took his bat and ball and hit the road.....I personally enjoyed his posts..I hope he is still reading and decides to come back?

Although he did lead us up the garden path a bit....isn't he the one who said the kids told the police something weird on the first day, now it turns out they weren't even there?

Yes it is very common in Qld...lots of people live close to the many waterways here.

I'd have to check but I think it was the weekend before Allison was found, a lot of areas in Sth Est Qld had quite a deluge of rain...many creeks had a lot of water going through them.

I don't think it's anything unusual at all for a canoeist to be paddling that creek..or Brisbane River which is quite close to that creek.

Stages of grief: guilt, anger, denial, acceptance.

I think I am up to denial.

Many of us have found reasons to dislike GBC as we pour over this. What if someone took an intense dislike to him over business dealings and wanted to really hurt him SO badly, to completely destroy him, that they set him up?

I think it would definitely be something done for the girls benefit. Maybe he just needed to get them out of Brisbane and all that is going on here regarding the case.

Weekend away to mountain retreat is an annual trip for the whole family, so the booking would have been there and girls would be looking forward to seeing their cousins too awwww nice idea.

The grown ups can sit around later and have a "how will we get him off pow wow" lol

Another thing the police weren't searching that area so it wasnt SES and a "passing canoiest" in a muddy creek. Its not the sought of creek and area you would pass?

i stumbled across some info about the creek the other day and it is a canoeing area, there are small rapids, etc. There are even guidelines about it.

i stumbled across some info about the creek the other day and it is a canoeing area, there are small rapids, etc. There are even guidelines about it.

The link below is to news coverage stating canoeist found her at 11am Monday and then talks about what the police focused on next. The media stress in the article that the police did not door knock 5 to 6 nearby properties. Not sure why they wouldn't???

http://m.qt.com.au/story/2012/05/01/body-kohlo-creek-allison-baden-clay/#.T6ozkHl8LrA.mailto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member