Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I posted "Why would you want to talk about a trailer? What difference would it make? what's the point?" to give the poster opportunity to demonstrate some relevance.

We could also talk about what colour socks GBC was wearing - but would it matter?

Sure, I was just saying people have the right to post things that they think are relevant even if you dont think they are. I also dont subscribe to the trailer theory and i agree with you, i dont see the point, but then not everyone sees things my way either.

What a mess to be in.......would take the edge off any romance he had....:floorlaugh:

and possibly any future romances......Even if he wasnt involved. I could just imagine meeting him... "Hi, Im Valerie" He says "Hi, I'm Gerard......Um Baden Clay"..........He'd need not say more......................I'd be a running Baybee....Right out that friggin door, so quick, before someone could say DV, BWANA, taxidermist, whatever..........................IM GONE!!!!

How long ago were the DV's taken out? It would seem that would be rather relevant if true.
Alot of interesting theories here... hopefully whoever did this will be caught very soon, and the police will have ALL the information they need to make it a solid case.

I know others feel she was genuinely upset....and HN (the little monkey...giggles), thought I was being a hard *advertiser censored* harsh moo....lol

I felt it was a bit crocodile tears in the eyes....and wasnt impressed with the depression mention and the "we want her bought back to us"....um....cringeworthy.

But, I can be a hard moo at times.....Maybe I just wasnt looking for the sincerity.

My original impressions were that she was very concerned for Allison, but defensive because she felt there might have been something amiss with Gerard. If Gerard did it i dont think the sister knows this, but maybe suspects.

I figured tinypic is faster.. .

3582om9.jpg

I find the quote in this article very intriguing - the part where Allison's sister, Vanessa Fowler says that Gerard will have to step up now and fulfil both roles for his daughters. This doesn't sound to me as if the family believes that he is guilty. Vanessa is the same person who vowed at the funeral that justice would be found for Allison.
Are we all on the wrong track?

I've never been in their shoes, so I have no idea how I would behave. I like to think I would know exactly what I'd do but I understand situational forces can be very strong. With this in mind, I choose to refrain from thinking things like 'if i were so and so i would do this or that'. So I'm looking at all the aspects of this case objectively, and from my personal perspective I think they are going about things in the most constructive and sensible way possible

Agreed its easy to say "i would do this, or act this way in that situation"/ But really unless you are in the situation you can't possibly know how you would act.

Yes - I think the treatment of Allison's body tells us a lot, about both the perp's attitude towards Allison, and his ability to consider how her daughters and parents would remember that for the rest of their lives.

ie (1) utter disregard and distain (2) none

Even if you could argue accidental death by misadventure, the callous body treatment says "no way". And the person responsible has displayed their utter self-absorption, and lack of empathy and human decency.

Thank you Neuro, this is aptly stated, admire you, as a survivor of an ex rhodesian 'LOVE TAP' that caused me to suffer subdural haematomas and being unconscious for 2days after being dumped back in my own home, his sentence was larger due to that lack of remorse and no summoning of Emergency Medical help immediately/ He did press 000 but hung up straight away from his phone records.........he next rang a girlfriend for a ride to drive me to my homeand leave me there, not a river though.

This seems a possible motive to me as well, but my thoughts would be with a possible divorce happening.

Most divorces turn ugly when it comes to the children and finances. If the parents house has been used to finance any loans, I have no doubt they would be livid at the possibility of losing it as part of the financial settlement in the divorce.

Nigelaine has a business address in Wavell Heights. Don't know if BWANAS own the property. It is an insurance business.

and possibly any future romances......Even if he wasnt involved. I could just imagine meeting him... "Hi, Im Valerie" He says "Hi, I'm Gerard......Um Baden Clay"..........He'd need not say more......................I'd be a running Baybee....Right out that friggin door, so quick, before someone could say DV, BWANA, taxidermist, whatever..........................IM GONE!!!!

LOL - Sadly murderers seem to attract a particular subculture of groupies. The worst ones seem the most popular...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/27/BA8M19PDAN.DTL

He has not spoken very much to the media.......maybe waltz with the media and then you waltz with the devil. Wonder what he is thinking tonight. Tick, tick, tick, tick, :seeya:

Today's Newspaper has just gone online.....

<modsnip>

As police reveal they are close to an arrest, one of Australia's best-known biological scientists, professor emeritus Barry Boettcher, said pathology results would be telling police what Mrs Baden-Clay can't.

<modsnip>

"I noticed the investigating detective said he did not believe it was a random killing - and if that is true then they have eliminated at least one theory."

<modsnip>

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ests-says-expert/story-e6freoof-1226354327501

3.35 The statistical information available to the Commission suggests that in
Queensland two main groups take advantage of the plea of provocation. The
first group are men who kill a partner (or former partner or rival) at or after
separation. In all these cases the central dynamic is the exercise by the partner
(or former partner) of her right to personal autonomy and the man’s denial of
her right to autonomy.

Following the 'Ramage' case in Victoria some years back, the defence of provocation was removed from the statute books. Dead men tell no tales, and it was very easy for killing husbands to claim that the deceased had said words (often attacking the perpetrators manhood), which provoked the attack. This is what was alleged by Ramage in this case, and he got a fairly lenient sentence. It was an outrage here, particularly as there was a history of his DV. Her twin sister fought long and hard for the law to be changed. Now they try and claim 'defensive homicide', but are not as successful as they were with provocation.

Thank you Neuro, this is aptly stated, admire you, as a survivor of an ex rhodesian 'LOVE TAP' that caused me to suffer subdural haematomas and being unconscious for 2days after being dumped back in my own home, his sentence was larger due to that lack of remorse and no summoning of Emergency Medical help immediately/ He did press 000 but hung up straight away from his phone records.........he next rang a girlfriend for a ride to drive me to my homeand leave me there, not a river though.

Thank god....I feel for you.....I can easily think to myself of how I would be in that situation....or if I was in a marriage that involved DV. One can never know until they are in that situation though.

I am just so very sorry you.....and anyone here, that has been through this. I got bashed once at high school.....and that scared the crap out of me. To have someone you think cares for you, do that, would be awful. Unimaginable.

As we all know it's all gossip even from the most trusted of sources until the facts are made public, as I've heard from badges not directly involved in the case that the evidence for premeditation is on his computer that is still being held in custody, which point to financial motives and googling(researching) items such as your "right to remain silent"...... prior to the disappearance.

Greg I too heard indirectly about legal searches on the computer. But not what they actually were. And along with other bits n pieces, thought there could be a number of reasons for legal searches. If you are of the belief GBC did it then of course it will point to premeditation and seal the case for you. If you don't believe he did or aren't convinced there may be other explanations, like something gone wrong with another party/threats etc.

Hell yeah....That's why I think maybe I am being a hard *advertiser censored*. To have the media infront of you like that, firing questions at you.....and then having people critique your every word, would make it very hard to know what to say.

You know me.....Im a :moo: lol

I also take into account the closeness of the family. They are obviously very close, thus the bunkering down etc.....and they would want to support each other. Lets say, if GBC has nothing to do with this or has portrayed as such, how can she not be supportive.....if there is one alliance one must have, it's FAMILY.......even if deep down, one may know, it's not all kosher in Israel...

To tell the truth, if that was my family and I thought my son was innocent..no one would be getting to him...

Something makes me think this is more personal and heat of the moment than about financial gain but time will tell (hopefully as this case has got me curious!)

Yes, that's the 2nd possibility in my thinking. An argument that escalated and got out of hand.

Or a combination of the two as CaseClosed has suggested.

I think the bizarreness is in everything that happened after that. The who, why, what & where.

I keep trying to imagine driving from Brookfield (presumably) to Kholo Creek and all I can think is that you would have to have nerves of steel. Geez, what if it just happened to be one of those nights the police set up their RBT down near Rafting Ground Rd (as they've done sometimes). Nerves of steel, I say!

To tell the truth, if that was my family and I thought my son was innocent..no one would be getting to him...

I agree completely....As I turn around and watch him sleeping (he is still a little boy), the very thought he could do something like this, just wouldnt equate to me. I would back him to the hilt.

Hey IXNAYE.......Thanks for that info from today's newspaper....Very helpful.

Let's hope Allison's body does indeed give the detectives all answers they need to catch her killer as per todays Courier-Mail article.

Thank you ixnae for the news report. Very interesting. Was interested about the fingernails! Didn't know that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange