Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost like she is justifying his feelings....or....actions maybe?

But you have to feel seriously sorry for anyone placed in that position ... On one hand you would naturally be supportive of your family, but to have your doubts about a loved one doing the incomprehensible, would tear you to bits .... There won't be any winners

I'm curious to know from any Brisbanites whether this matter is the topic of much talkback radio, or is it sort of off limits?

Hi HN, on two occasions I've heard ads for Greg Carey's morning program on 4BC while I was on the school run - one was when Allison was missing and another last Thursday. He indicated he would be talking about the case and asking questions, speaking to reporters etc.

Unfortunately both times I then went to work and missed the programs. Would have been interested to hear the conversation and talkback.

As for criminal histories they are only available through official channels and not available to the general public. For instance various government departments ( incl office of children and dept of communities) require all staff to have undergone a check, also anyone applying for a blue card to work with children.

But you have to feel seriously sorry for anyone placed in that position ... On one hand you would naturally be supportive of your family, but to have your doubts about a loved one doing the incomprehensible, would tear you to bits .... There won't be any winners

Hell yeah....That's why I think maybe I am being a hard *advertiser censored*. To have the media infront of you like that, firing questions at you.....and then having people critique your every word, would make it very hard to know what to say.

You know me.....Im a :moo: lol

I also take into account the closeness of the family. They are obviously very close, thus the bunkering down etc.....and they would want to support each other. Lets say, if GBC has nothing to do with this or has portrayed as such, how can she not be supportive.....if there is one alliance one must have, it's FAMILY.......even if deep down, one may know, it's not all kosher in Israel...

Well said! ABSOLUTELY! :/

As for criminal histories they are only available through official channels and not available to the general public. For instance various government departments ( incl office of children and dept of communities) require all staff to have undergone a check, also anyone applying for a blue card to work with children.

Absolutely......and even police officers can't just go into their system and check on people for no reason. Each time they check up on someone, they must have reasonable cause to look up that person, in their system......or else, the heirachy can come on them for looking people up for no darn good reason.

Got to get thyself to bed fellow Sleuthers, my little boy has WAY too much energy for me! I'll sign off with some pearls of wisdom from GBC's great-grandfather...

"Happiness does not come from being rich, nor merely being successful in your career, nor by self-indulgence. Be contented with what you have got and make the best of it. Look on the bright side of things instead of the gloomy one. But the real way to get happiness is by giving out happiness to other people. Try and leave this world a little better than you found it and when your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you have not wasted your time but have done your best."

I wonder if GBC ever read this????

I know there are a few competing theories going my favorite is murder for financial gain so I've been thinking about that.

Gbc took out a 300k loan before Christmas for something that should have worked but didn't??????

He is renting so I'm guessing he doesn't own property to use as collateral.

So what was the surety on the loan.......did the parents have skin in the game and have there property as guarantee on this or another loan incurred in the business, after all they came out of retirement to sell sell sell...... Was it on the line and the debt was being called.....and not only was the business going to go down but so was the parents home...

It was mentioned that abc had a $600k price tag on her life cover..not a massive amount by any means, but enough to get out of ****.....gbc possibly had other intimate interests, he's a very proud and important man from a proud and important family, to lose face by losing the business and his parents home maybe too much....possibly his parents don't like abc, never had...photo of cleaning fathers home after the flood not with abc but gbc with someone else.......

I can hear the conversation now.....

We can't lose the home son it would kill your mother....

He starts googling, the wheels are in motion.........she never stood a chance from then...

Just a theory ....happy to be challenged.

Greg......You're guess is as good as any. :) Sounds plausible enough and not overly outlandish....and it doesn't involve Brangelina ;)

Why on earth would you say: "Gerard loves her ....". Is she apologising for him, just in case?

yes - you'd kinda take that as a given, being married and all.

Makes me wonder what the actual question was. Sounded defensive, like it was in response to asking if GBC was involved. In which case the "he loved her" stuff might be a deflection away from answering directly.

I know there are a few competing theories going my favorite is murder for financial gain so I've been thinking about that.

Gbc took out a 300k loan before Christmas for something that should have worked but didn't??????

So what was the surety on the loan.......did the parents have skin in the game and have there property as guarantee on this or another loan incurred in the business, after all they came out of retirement to sell sell sell...... Was it on the line and the debt was being called.....and not only was the business going to go down but so was the parents home...

It was mentioned that abc had a $600k price tag on her life cover..not a massive amount by any means, but enough to get out of ****.....gbc possibly had other intimate interests, he's a very proud and important man from a proud and important family, to lose face by losing the business and his parents home maybe too much....possibly his parents don't like abc, never had...photo of cleaning fathers home after the flood not with abc but gbc with someone else.......

He starts googling, the wheels are in motion.........she never stood a chance from then...

Interesting theory. A real estate agents rent roll (management properties) is a valuable asset that one can borrow against, but since they only had one property manager on staff, it obviously wasn't that big a business. The current website has recently removed all staff profiles, but prior to it being withdrawn, there were only 6 (approx) staff, which isn't a big real estate business by any means, especially, contrary to the projection and media reports otherwise ie: the big signage on a building I presume they only leased in part.

If the husband and father are involved, I don't think his sister knows. They would be absolutely stupid to tell more people because of the risks associated with someone slipping and messing up their plan, and also implicating her in the whole matter. I do believe though that she suspects all is not quite right!! ... Why on earth would you say: "Gerard loves her ....". Is she apologising for him, just in case?

She is shaking her head no when she is saying G loves her and wants her to come home.

Thanks Neuromancer, I have just managed to get on that link and I agree with some of the analysis but what has really intrigued me is the way in which he continues to use the word 'we ' this is picked up by the analysis but certainly very interesting in relation to the discussion today re the other person involved. Why say'we have great family support' ....does he mean him and the other person involved?
Anyway this is it for me otherwise will have Mondayitis worth than usual. Goodnight everyone.

She is shaking her head no when she is saying G loves her and wants her to come home.

Yep....the mouth saying one thing, but the brain was thinking another, it seemed.

Something makes me think this is more personal and heat of the moment than about financial gain but time will tell (hopefully as this case has got me curious!)

Follow the money ... that's what people say. I tend to agree with you except that I cannot for a minute think that someone could be so callous, someone who has 3 young children with that person?

I am more inclined to think this is related to history of DV, I'm the boss you do what I say, etc. PLUS the pressure of their financial woes, which ended horribly wrong. I don't think he intended to kill her IMO. But, he cannot face the music now (or as someone else said, he was pushed by big Kahuna to perpetuate the situation with a cover-up) - all of the above in my humble opinion!

Interesting theory. A real estate agents rent roll (management properties) is a valuable asset that one can borrow against, but since they only had one property manager on staff, it obviously wasn't that big a business. The current website has recently removed all staff profiles, but prior to it being withdrawn, there were only 6 (approx) staff, which isn't a big real estate business by any means, especially, contrary to the projection and media reports otherwise ie: the big signage on a building I presume they only leased in part.

What a mess to be in.......would take the edge off any romance he had....:floorlaugh:

Allison had been managing the rentals until recent (months) I think

This seems a possible motive to me as well, but my thoughts would be with a possible divorce happening.

Most divorces turn ugly when it comes to the children and finances. If the parents house has been used to finance any loans, I have no doubt they would be livid at the possibility of losing it as part of the financial settlement in the divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back