Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it common knowledge there are cameras there and what they capture? Is it possible they didn't know it was there?

Thanks, I get that. I was just thinking that an old bloke sitting in a bus shelter late at night would stand out like dog's balls.

Yeah, but how straight are you thinking in that kind of a situation? Would being seen be top of your mind? And, yes, he would have been plainly visible to passing motorists, depending on which side of the shelter he was sitting (left or right - looking at Google maps, the sides of the shelter seem solid not transparent), from which direction the motorist was coming and how the shadow from the roundabout lights/other lights fell across the shelter itself.

Why would they be interested in an appeal anyway, GBC will ultimately determine where the children attend school anyway, unless he is in prison i guess, but I think there is plenty of unsaid animosity between the families and that one family thinks they are a little better than the other, your guess which way this is, but in the event of incarceration, the Family Court would more than likely place the children where they currently are , ie BC s , and not shift them IMO
Whatever the outcome, he and his family will move away, far away, as their existance here will be tainted forever

I know this may not be palatable for some but even if GBC is in Gaol for the rest of his life it is unlikely his parental rights will be terminated. DOCS and family court won't need to be involved in this decision. He hasn't done anything to harm the children (at least physically) that we know of. He will still be responsible for deciding guardianship of his children etc.....and making any ultimate decisions regarding them even from gaol. My hunch is the Dickies and the best friend are pulling back from making outright accusations to try and protect their rights of access. He could refuse them all access and there isn't a whole lot they can do about it - except try and fight it in court and they still wouldn't get a whole lot. Sad as it is they need to maintain contact with the BC clan to ensure those girls know their mum and how much she loved them.

Why sit in the bus shelter? Why not just sit in his car? :waitasec:

Because they are dingdong heads! not yet perfected the art of murder.

Unbelievable, if true!

Thanks, I get that. I was just thinking that an old bloke sitting in a bus shelter late at night would stand out like dog's balls.

Come on - he could say he had early onset dementia! I'm waiting for the next bus - valid excuse ( even if at 3 am!)

Usually only the middle carpark (next to the ANZ) is locked at night. The one you can see behind the bus shelter is unlocked, as is the larger one on the side of the shopping centre - no doubt to let the trucks through to unload as that is the only entrance to get to the Coles unloading bay.

They may have simply forgotten the cameras were there - I've been local for over 10 years now and totally forgot about the camera being there until this case.

What ever happens in this case it is going to be very interesting to be able to look back at the behaviours of all the people involved during this whole process after an arrest has been made....

I know this may not be palatable for some but even if GBC is in Gaol for the rest of his life it is unlikely his parental rights will be terminated. DOCS and family court won't need to be involved in this decision. He hasn't done anything to harm the children (at least physically) that we know of. He will still be responsible for deciding guardianship of his children etc.....and making any ultimate decisions regarding them even from gaol. My hunch is the Dickies and the best friend are pulling back from making outright accusations to try and protect their rights of access. He could refuse them all access and there isn't a whole lot they can do about it - except try and fight it in court and they still wouldn't get a whole lot. Sad as it is they need to maintain contact with the BC clan to ensure those girls know their mum and how much she loved them.

There are NO Parental rights in Australia, there are only children s rights, and if the above was the case, then the Parents or family could make application to Family Court "in the best interests of the children". Would have strong case if BC s involved. However in saying that, kids, even at that age, would be forming their own opinions, and feature very little in media releases regarding their mental state of mind, where is there help now, not in a few years at high school, sorry but that sounds so ridiculous.

Still, why would a family sit quietly and make comments by ommision in funeral notices if their daughter was murdered and there 3 grandchildren sitting elswhere if there was trouble in the relationship

Does not make any sense

Why be a mouse ?

Makes perfect sense to me, it's called having good grace. I'm sure the dickies have the sense to realise it won't do any good to jump up and down badmouthing others. To do so could be really damaging. I don't think there is anything mousy about them

Why sit in the bus shelter? Why not just sit in his car? :waitasec:

WHAT IS AT THE ROUNDABOUT THAT COULD MAKE NBC STAY THERE FOR A TIME ALONE WHILST GBC DEALT WITH OTHER THINGS???? I THINK ITS THE BINS

this takes me back to my earlier theory regarding the bins...is it possible NBC and GBC met in the carpark....GBC gave NBC 'evidence' (or worse) he then raced home to children or, god forbid NBC swapped kids for GBC's passenger, and GBC took them home whilst NBC dealt with whatever he was needed to...then he waited for GBC to return, pick him up, maybe head back to Brooky...sort out their sh%#, then back again etc etc etc..

WHAT IS AT THE ROUNDABOUT THAT COULD MAKE NBC STAY THERE FOR A TIME ALONE WHILST GBC DEALT WITH OTHER THINGS???? I THINK ITS THE BINS

this takes me back to my earlier theory regarding the bins...is it possible NBC and GBC met in the carpark....GBC gave NBC 'evidence' (or worse) he then raced home to children or, god forbid NBC swapped kids for GBC's passenger, and GBC took them home whilst NBC dealt with whatever he was needed to...then he waited for GBC to return, pick him up, maybe head back to Brooky...sort out their sh%#, then back again etc etc etc..

Do we know he was there for a long time? I thought he was just waiting to be picked up en route.

Makes perfect sense to me, it's called having good grace. I'm sure the dickies have the sense to realise it won't do any good to jump up and down badmouthing others. To do so could be really damaging. I don't think there is anything mousy about them

Sorry, if you thought i was being disrespectful to them, I wasn t, I am not really talking of bad mouthing , more about how quiet everything is, i don t see how it could be damaged more than it is for them, There daughter is murdered, their grandkids are with a family they don t seem to have much to do with, and they don t have any answers. I just would handle it completely differently, but thats not to say that they aren t full of grace, IMO they are a very very respectable family, with great kids, and are in shock and have my deepest sympathies. I just couldn t sit back

I'm guessing because GBC hasn't made a statement then he wouldn't have given a DNA sample either? Wouldn't they need that too? Or would they get a warrant for that when the forensic reports come back? To tie to crime scene/s or evidence I mean?

Do we know he was there for a long time? I thought he was just waiting to be picked up en route.

The pick-up-on-route idea, that was only my theory, nothing more. All I was told was that the father was seen sitting in the bus shelter at the roundabout that night.

I meant to suggest that maybe he was alone around CARPARK area for a while (busy taking care of something for GBC perhaps bin related?), then at bus stop just to be picked up

The pick-up-on-route idea, that was only my theory, nothing more. All I was told was that the father was seen sitting in the bus shelter at the roundabout that night.

the father? or an elderly man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member