Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if GBC learned his techniques from the marriage enhancement facilitator? I am having a hard time getting over that statement. If NBC is involved it brings a new meaning to 'enhancing' a marriage. JMHO

Marriage Facilitator: Beat your wife into submission, but be careful not to killer her!!!

They're saying "Ask me about my past life in Rhodesia, back when I was somebody, back when I was a big wheel. My father taught me to shoot. He was an Oxford man, you know." etc, etc. Cue self-aggrandisment etc.

Or they could simply be kept as reminders of a much-enjoyed boyhood spent in circles where shooting animals was a common past time and something to which many young boys aspired. Instead of being excited to get a drivers licence, I suspect being allowed to go hunting with the men was the big thriill of young lives.

I see it as horses for courses. I don't think it goes to character, just culture.

Yeah good point, but I don't think culture can be separated from character, it informs it to some extent. Perhaps they say a bit about both?

Either way, they have creeped me out from the outset and I read them negatively, although I get that depending where you come from, this may be a perfectly normal thing to do. But in the context of suburban Kenmore??? Am more with Willough on this one.

IF GBC is infact the murderer in this case - they wouldn't necessarily have arrested him yet. We cannot just go and arrest people because they are the most likely to have committed the crime! When a case cannot be proven due to lack of evidence in 75% of cases the suspect makes an error that aids in their arrest.
The final results have not come back from the autopsy - I suggest until that happens an arrest is unlikely.

This is all just conjecture that it is the husband - yes the spouse is the most likely to be the murderer in these cases. Therefore he is suspected. BUT lynching by public opinion is grossly unfair and is actually what we have fought for - a just JUSTICE system.

I am not sure what you are referring to as a public lynching but if you mean the conjecture and speculation on this forum, let me point out a few things.

In addition to the fact that this is a forum for exactly that, speculation, and it does have some very sound rules to go with that, having a look at the number of people on here might get things into perspective. At the moment we have roughly 50 members and 175 guests online. On any given day the average number of people online here would be no more than 200. During some periods its only about 50. Granted the guests might be changing, as a guess 50% different people and the rest the same people who visit but never join. Many of the visitors may only read a few pages if that. The members - well occasionally we get a new member but the majority have been here since the first couple of threads.

The number of voters in the State electorate of Moggill is around 31,000 and the number of voters in Queensland at the last State election is 2.75 million. This is only people over 18 years who have enrolled, the entire population is much more, including everyone under 18 and people who haven't yet become citizens. My point is the numbers who view and read all the posts on this forum would be no more than a few hundred, and the visitors in total might be no more than a thousand, and most of them will have only read a small amount.

Although this is a public site I really dont think it is featuring heavily in the overall opinion of the general public of the State of Queensland, almost all of whom have never heard of Websleuths. For those of us who are regulars it is a big part of our world, and for a small number of others a brief curiosity that they have no time for. Yes, I'm sure some of the people connected to the case also check it out, but the numbers speak for themselves.

I hope this allays the concerns some people have about such things as GBC getting a fair trial, and women named having their reputation ruined.

That said, I do understand why the women/co-workers etc might feel upset. I feel that comments about them have been minimised for some time, with now only initials or not even that being referenced when speaking about the case and the woman who has been interviewed numerous times.

Oh geez looks like losts of posts for me to read in bed tonight to catch up lol,

I hope everyone had a great Mothers day, my dear husband hasnt had a day off in 3weeks so we had a wonderful day together on the water. I was a bit selfish and left the kids behind lol, it was nice to be able to talk without constant interruptions lol.

I thought about Allisons little girls and hope they managed to do something special to help ease their pain. Maybe this weekend would hve been a good one to take them away... sigh.

This is my first ever post to this amazing site which has taken over my life - It is so interesting to see everybody's ideas of what has happened to this lovely lady. Who could do such a horrid thing???????

I have two thoughts that come to my mind

1. What sort of parent could cover up such a horrific murder for their son/daughter?????

2. If GBC and Mr. and Mrs. GBC know what has happened to ABC - what about GBC's sister???? do you think she knows the going on within her family?? She did seemed very destressed at her SIL funeral - it just makes me ponder does the whole family know??? and surely if they did they would be hiding facts from the police and could go to jail themselves. So would that mean that the whole family could up end up in Jail IF it is what it seems???

Sorry lots of questions

Love this site and I am now a fully pledge addict to this site.

Cheers to you all

Miss Piggy oink oink

Oh, puh-lease not the trailer thing again

and, the necrophilia AND the local gossip AND the nuisance calls to Crimestoppers.

Honestly, about 15% of what has been discussed throughout the seven threads on this crime is true sleuthing. The remaining 85% has been useless information.

I've followed a few Australian crimes here at WS and for the first time ever, I'm hanging on to the words of MSM for updates/information/interest. There are far too many 'I know someone connected to *BC' trolls spamming these threads.

They're saying "Ask me about my past life in Rhodesia, back when I was somebody, back when I was a big wheel. My father taught me to shoot. He was an Oxford man, you know." etc, etc. Cue self-aggrandisment etc.

Or they could simply be kept as reminders of a much-enjoyed boyhood spent in circles where shooting animals was a common past time and something to which many young boys aspired. Instead of being excited to get a drivers licence, I suspect being allowed to go hunting with the men was the big thriill of young lives.

I see it as horses for courses. I don't think it goes to character, just culture.

I agree with that reasoning too. Though, I do think that if he had such pride in that culture, why not remain there in Zimbabwe. He obviously left because of the atypical Zimbabwe/South African reason, that they were worried for their childrens future in such a violent environment.

Being in Australia, over time, they would realize the dead animals hangings are probably a little inappropriate and that in Australia, we are not about boasting about our wild catches, but moreso into the protecting of animals.

My parents are French, they had to let go alot of what was their culture because it was politically incorrect in our country here. Just so you know, they eat horse over there.....My parents went to france in the 1990s and were fed horse steak..............they didnt know till afterwards........and were MORTIFIED and both vomited at the thought that they ate horse.

Tis verrrrrrry weird here in Australia to be hanging the dead animals up for all to see.......Very Weird.

I am not sure what you are referring to as a public lynching but if you mean the conjecture and speculation on this forum, let me point out a few things.

In addition to the fact that this is a forum for exactly that, speculation, and it does have some very sound rules to go with that, having a look at the number of people on here might get things into perspective. At the moment we have roughly 50 members and 175 guests online. On any given day the average number of people online here would be no more than 200. During some periods its only about 50. Granted the guests might be changing, as a guess 50% different people and the rest the same people who visit but never join. Many of the visitors may only read a few pages if that. The members - well occasionally we get a new member but the majority have been here since the first couple of threads.

The number of voters in the State electorate of Moggill is around 31,000 and the number of voters in Queensland at the last State election is 2.75 million. This is only people over 18 years who have enrolled, the entire population is much more, including everyone under 18 and people who haven't yet become citizens. My point is the numbers who view and read all the posts on this forum would be no more than a few hundred, and the visitors in total might be no more than a thousand, and most of them will have only read a small amount.

Although this is a public site I really dont think it is featuring heavily in the overall opinion of the general public of the State of Queensland, almost all of whom have never heard of Websleuths. For those of us who are regulars it is a big part of our world, and for a small number of others a brief curiosity that they have no time for. Yes, I'm sure some of the people connected to the case also check it out, but the numbers speak for themselves.

I hope this allays the concerns some people have about such things as GBC getting a fair trial, and women named having their reputation ruined.

That said, I do understand why the women/co-workers etc might feel upset. I feel that comments about them have been minimised for some time, with now only initials or not even that being referenced when speaking about the case and the woman who has been interviewed numerous times.

But it certainly goes a fair way into what people are thinking around this fair state

Well put. Kinda what I was trying to get at but you said it better :)

Well a woman getting a 'love tap' DID go OUT like lightening from SKMAs' explanation...........OUT meaning stone dead when she hit the floor.

Had to be a hit so hard, like a car hitting her to cause that to go wrong and kill her.

Internal brain contusions from being ripped inside by the contra coup action (back and forward so fast) would instant haemorraging too.

Doesn't need to be a hard hit, it's just the way one falls and hits their head. A lady I knew fell at home, hit her head on the floor and died instantly.

Yes but these armchair sleuths should not be mentioning names of people who have not been mentioned by the Police or the media otherwise where does it end and we are talking about people's lives here for Christ sakes. Why should someone or other parties who had nothing to do with this henious act come 'out punching' or justifying themselves ? what a silly remark to say that shutting up and hiding is doing them no favours!! These women that keep being named on this forum or mentioned regularly owe nothing at this stage or may never owe anything to this case whasoever.

show some sensitivity about these people's lives and livliehoods!

I do agree with this and i think that not naming names is important, or even initials. Discussion aboout the women who has been interviewed by police is important to the case and our discussions here though. If I was in their position i would lay low and keep a low profile, as Sherrif said it would very distressing for them, and if they had known Allison even more so. If the person who has been interviewed by police had nothing to do with the murder in any way well I can understand her distress.

But if she has been the mistress of GBC well I dont have any sympathy, yes, compassion and understanding that she got involved with the wrong guy as many of us have at some stage in our lives, but if you get involved with a married man you have to accept you become part of that couples marriage problems and your actions could have contributed to why they were arguing. However, I acknowledge we dont have any proof there was a mistress.

Slight gear change. Wasn't it an amazing day here for mothers day in seq? Couldn't help but think a bit (quite a lot actually) about ABC, her girls, family and friends and wondered how they were doing today. I feel so sad for them and that they should have had a very different day today. I'm trying to keep an open mind in all this but I hope they catch whomever it was quickly with strong water tight evidence and they receive a suitably long Jail sentence. Happy mothers day to all the mums.

it just makes me ponder does the whole family know??? and surely if they did they would be hiding facts from the police and could go to jail themselves. So would that mean that the whole family could up end up in Jail IF it is what it seems???

People are generally not under any obligation to report crimes or to forward to police any confessions they hear in relation to crimes. Neither are there any Good Samaritan laws in Queensland. Helping an offender to cover up an offence could, however, make the person helping complicit in the offence. Also do not be too quick to judge other people in a moral sense if they do not inform on relatives. In the case of murder it could put a person in an intolerably stressful situation to be torn in such a way. Homicides often destroy many more lives than those of the deceased and the killer.

Like most I am just wishing something would happen in terms of an arrest put at the same time am mindful that the QPS will want to have every possible angle covered.
Just reading through the latest posts, in particular with regards to NBC, I was wondering if some of the theories are right (ie he was an accomplice) could this maybe be why the body was dumped in such an awful manner. I cannot remember who suggested early on in the threads that people who are close to those they murder or have feelings tend to cover up the body.mcould it be that NBC took over the car and dumped the body and left GBC to go back home to continue his frantic texting. On my phone bills it shows the location where I texted from.

We now have people on here discounting theory for the sake of imposing their own views on how this crime would have been carried out.

People should keep an open mind on all aspects whether they think they could use a mini minor to transport a billard table rather than a trailer. The point I made was that the initial photo of the GBC C21 (White Toyota Prado) by the MSM showed pointedly the silver tow ball, which stood out - perhaps to jog memories of the general public.

There are too many here just shutting down discussion or discounting theory to impute their own or views of others.

DNA and forensics will nail this person, IMHO. I also believe the police have put together or are in the process of putting together a very robust brief of evidence for the QLD DPP, in view of the broad facts and time lines believed to be known.

If there are any web sleuths interested in a good article on DNA, the following may be of interest. Have a good evening people and enjoy the rest of this mother's day, as it will have been particularly sad for three young children,

http://www.lexisnexis.com.au/aus/products/samples/documents/plp_3_9.pdf

People are generally not under any obligation to report crimes or to forward to police any confessions they hear in relation to crimes. Neither are there any Good Samaritan laws in Queensland. Helping an offender to cover up an offence could, however, make the person helping complicit in the offence. Also do not be too quick to judge other people in a moral sense if they do not inform on relatives. In the case of murder it could put a person in an intolerably stressful situation to be torn in such a way. Homicides often destroy many more lives than those of the deceased and the killer.

Absolutely you are correct it would be an intolerably stressful situation to be in and I would not like to think I was "judging" them in any terms. Just an awful situation to be in.

Oink Oink

Trailer ... Hmmmm ?

Begs the question whether Tomkat or Brangelina were recently spotted in Brookefield as possible accomplices rather than Nigelaine.

Ok, so there's been a bit of discussion about GBC's barrister who seems to be... Well...pretty determined for lack of a better word. How do the prosecution "barristers" (if that's what they are called) in qld measure up? Are they sharp? Are they equally as aggressive? How successful do they tend to be? I realize we don't even have anyone charged yet so don't even know who will control this case but interested in the process in a general sense nonetheless. I hope they have a talented, aggressive pit bull that will bury the murderer.

I think perhaps the cultural differences i.e. the display on the front of the GB home is an interesting point.

I was just pondering why if it was a "love tap" gone wrong, you wouldn't ring the police, tell them what happened. The punishment couldn't be has bad as it is for murder and disposing of a body. I then thought of the culture of SA regarding police, from what I have read police are seen as being untrustworthy, open to corruption and certainly not the type of relationship that most Australians have for the majority.

I wonder if the love tap theory is right, would BC snr have said, you can't trust the police son, we need to get rid of the body etc.

My other question is - what "evidence" would have needed to be got rid of in industrial bins, or any bins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member