Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I remember watching the movie, and wondered about how the baby came to be outside of her body. I googled it and it said it had happened naturally when the body had decomposed. That was a very, very sad case.

Wasn't that a horrible case :-( I didn't know there was a movie... Do you remember the title?

What I find incredible is that with all the cases like the Petersen one and many, many others, movies about them, etc., men who commit these crimes still think they can get away with it. The ones that may escape being prosecuted IMO are when there is no body, but otherwise, most are brought to justice.

I think I heard after Gordon Wood was released that the double-jeopardy laws have been changed? Does any one know anything about this? It appears that a perp can be tried again for the same crime if new evidence come to light?
Not sure where it stands in other states but this case indicates that double jeopardy can be set aside in NSW and the person retried for the same crime.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/twice-acquitted-now-its-triple-jeopardy-20120324-1vqvx.html

What I find incredible is that with all the cases like the Petersen one and many, many others, movies about them, etc., men who commit these crimes still think they can get away with it. The ones that may escape being prosecuted IMO are when there is no body, but otherwise, most are brought to justice.

I think I heard after Gordon Wood was released that the double-jeopardy laws have been changed? Does any one know anything about this? It appears that a perp can be tried again for the same crime if new evidence come to light?

Hi. I know the Peterson movie was made before it went to court {or at least before he was found guilty} and the actor said he tried to portray him as though he was innocent. It would be a very hard role to play when you just don't know if they were guilty or not. People said they should have waited before making it.

Yes, Gordon Wood... Caroline's father is never going to rest. I did hear some talk of the the double jeopardy rule changing, but not sure.

Haha! I'm a girl - and I'm trying to work out who the girls and boys are and getting it horribly wrong!

I thought Greg was a boy - until I thought he/she said he/she was going to burn bra! The comedy double act I referred to a few threads back - I think are boys - but maybe not! And I'm guessing if you have a beautiful woman as an avatar - you're a girl... but then again... who knows!

wine and choccies sound good...

Lol of course I'm a male...I only wanted to show my displeasure at the sexist remark......

;)

Do not friggin start me. The objectification of women is a vestigial sociological imperative that is well past its use-by-date. Women have been commodities in the physical, emotional and spiritual sense for many thousands of years. Very few people really appreciate the depth to which these subservient roles are ingrained. Violence towards women is still at epidemic levels in our community and this violence is not specific to any demographic. The levels of child sex abuse, especially against girls is a national disgrace. Emotional violence and intimidation starts from a very young age and many, many men humiliate their wives and female relatives without any sense that they are doing so. Any man who thinks that Australia is a society which has turned the corner and which provides equal expectations and opportunities for women should experience life from a woman's perspective for a while. Boys need to be exposed to male role models who treat women as human beings, not as some other species who they should look after and 'respect'. Respect is a human right, not a right that you get by being a woman. Women are not furniture, they are not fashion accessories, they are not property, they are not investments. They are not cute things that you have a duty to look after like a pet. Violence against, and the objectification of, women is a deep social problem that is only vaguely recognised and addressed despite ridiculous claims that women are now somehow mostly 'equal'. If Mrs Baden Clay has died as the result of domestic or partner violence then hopefully the result will be something more than a shallow sense of satisfaction that her 'killer' is broughtto justice. All men need to look at their own hearts and their own values and ask what their potential is to act in the same way as her killer(s). We should all look at her death and ask how we collectively failed her and what we can do to empower our daughters to ensure that they do not suffer a similar fate. I am a man.

Do not friggin start me. The objectification of women is a vestigial sociological imperative that is well past its use-by-date. Women have been commodities in the physical, emotional and spiritual sense for many thousands of years. Very few people really appreciate the depth to which these subservient roles are ingrained. Violence towards women is still at epidemic levels in our community and this violence is not specific to any demographic. The levels of child sex abuse, especially against girls is a national disgrace. Emotional violence and intimidation starts from a very young age and many, many men humiliate their wives and female relatives without any sense that they are doing so. Any man who thinks that Australia is a society which has turned the corner and which provides equal expectations and opportunities for women should experience life from a woman's perspective for a while. Boys need to be exposed to male role models who treat women as human beings, not as some other species who they should look after and 'respect'. Respect is a human right, not a right that you get by being a woman. Women are not furniture, they are not fashion accessories, they are not property, they are not investments. They are not cute things that you have a duty to look after like a pet. Violence against, and the objectification of, women is a deep social problem that is only vaguely recognised and addressed despite ridiculous claims that women are now somehow mostly 'equal'. If Mrs Baden Clay has died as the result of domestic or partner violence then hopefully the result will be something more than a shallow sense of satisfaction that her 'killer' is broughtto justice. All men need to look at their own hearts and their own values and ask what their potential is to act in the same way as her killer(s). We should all look at her death and ask how we collectively failed her and what we can do to empower our daughters to ensure that they do not suffer a similar fate. I am a man.

Two words - WELL SAID!

ok, at the risk of sounding like a complete (as in totz, fully, really and truly) dingbat, can anyone explain the significance of the 'hot zone' in relation to the search for Allison? Did it have anything to do with the triangulation of ABC's phone signal? Had the screams been reported at that stage (screams were not reported the night ABC vanished), was Creekside park an area of specific interest? sorry if I am reeeeeehashing old stuff, I'm only a baby sleuth, very new to this. This area has been literally bugging the beans out of me. Don't know why. I read in an article that when Det Ainsworth was asked why search went into full swing shortly after ABC was reported missing, he answered that police had made 'unspecified observations' and had reported them to detectives. Observations of the BC home? Neighbourhood?

More coincidences with Laci Peterson case, I'd forgotten about Scott's affairs, and how he stormed out of a family press conference when asked if he was a suspect. Now that would have been interesting to see, both sides of Alison's and GBC's family, including him appealing for info while Alison was missing.
Anyway good to see Scott on death row and not on his beloved golf course.

Oddly enough it was called "the Perfect Husband." Dean Cain played Scott

In the absence of any new theories or evidence today/tonight ..... What do you think the title of a Baden-Clay tele-movie may be called?

I absolutley agree...I am a child of an abusive home..watched my mum beaten to a pulp....Raped in front of me.......and constantly belittled and told she was worthless and accused of doing things she woud never do for fear of being bashed......As a result I have little trust in anyone and sadly have a terrible relationship with her because I have never been able to wrap my head around why she continued to leave and go back so many times and keep me and my sisters in this home or not protect me from this awful man that ruined my life still to this day.

It made me a very strong woman but also made me become so tough that I have built up barriers that not even my husband or ex husband can break.

I think in Allisons case she seemed so trusting and loyal and kind and soft it could of been this vulnarabilty that led her to trust the person who done this...Maybe her defences were down because she loved the person that killed her?

How totally inappropriate and deliberate - knowing full well that the media was there and filming. Could be perceived as an act of contempt. How much did any of them care about Allison as a missing human being, the mother of their grandchildren and their daughter in law? This would have been more than enough for me to ban them from daughter's funeral.

I am finding it very difficult to understand this type of behaviour, which belongs in the bedroom, from mature aged people who have a family member missing. It is as though they didn't care at all and didn't bother about who knew that. Absolutely astounding and quite frankly disgusting and disrespectful to all the police, volunteers, SES and others seaching under very trying condition for THEIR missing daighter-in-law.

I had not seen this video before now, and only had read the references to it in various posts here. I really thought that 'pashing on' as we used to say in our younger days, as stated here was totally exaggerated. Not so. Unbelievable. My kids would be some embarrassed if I did that in public view, especially of media cameras.

Well, it takes all types, but this takes the cake, given the terrrible tragic circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8