Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I shall get my hands on that :)

While it was a good movie, as I mentioned earlier, it was made before he was found guilty, and Dean Cain decided to play the part as though he was innocent. So you can imagine it is a bit 'soft' {for want of a better word}... in movies where they are playing a guilty party you usually see signs of this where they are in a room on their own, or with their lawyers... but as Dean didn't know if he was guilty or not, it seemed to come across as he wasn't bad in the movie. It ends where he is arrested, so there is nothing after that. Still an ok movie, but I agree that it should have been made after the court case.

In the absence of any new theories or evidence today/tonight ..... What do you think the title of a Baden-Clay tele-movie may be called?

Murder and Mystery in a Roundabout way !

Do not friggin start me. The objectification of women is a vestigial sociological imperative that is well past its use-by-date. Women have been commodities in the physical, emotional and spiritual sense for many thousands of years. Very few people really appreciate the depth to which these subservient roles are ingrained. Violence towards women is still at epidemic levels in our community and this violence is not specific to any demographic. The levels of child sex abuse, especially against girls is a national disgrace. Emotional violence and intimidation starts from a very young age and many, many men humiliate their wives and female relatives without any sense that they are doing so. Any man who thinks that Australia is a society which has turned the corner and which provides equal expectations and opportunities for women should experience life from a woman's perspective for a while. Boys need to be exposed to male role models who treat women as human beings, not as some other species who they should look after and 'respect'. Respect is a human right, not a right that you get by being a woman. Women are not furniture, they are not fashion accessories, they are not property, they are not investments. They are not cute things that you have a duty to look after like a pet. Violence against, and the objectification of, women is a deep social problem that is only vaguely recognised and addressed despite ridiculous claims that women are now somehow mostly 'equal'. If Mrs Baden Clay has died as the result of domestic or partner violence then hopefully the result will be something more than a shallow sense of satisfaction that her 'killer' is broughtto justice. All men need to look at their own hearts and their own values and ask what their potential is to act in the same way as her killer(s). We should all look at her death and ask how we collectively failed her and what we can do to empower our daughters to ensure that they do not suffer a similar fate. I am a man.

WOW!! Very well said ... I would like to add that IMO alcohol does contribute very much to this. I come from a South American society, where alcohol consumption is not as prevalent as in Australia and I find there is more respect for women over there than here.

In the absence of any new theories or evidence today/tonight ..... What do you think the title of a Baden-Clay tele-movie may be called?

"Absent Husband"..... or maybe... "Guilty until proved innocent"....or even better..." I'm just a little Hurt"...God the list could go on?

I think there are only 2 - 1 a former business partner/colleague who is not involved in anything now, and 2 a lady friend, former employee who is the unsubstantiated mistress or former mistress, who has been interviewed by police several times and who has now engaged a lawyer.

Either way we shouldnt be using names, initials, approximate or specific home address references, or current workplaces, to respect their privacy and to comply with forum rules. At this point we are not certain of some of the details including if No 2 was a mistress, and the police questioning may have simply been to get as much information on GBC and family from someone close to him outside the family. (not due to involvement in the crime).

I agree fully a few labels have been added to ladies who have been brought up in the case without actual evidence... I used names again and certain information as it is what has been stated during the course of this case within the forum... Was concerned it had just become another trailer case where opinions were "morphed" into fact..... Thanks for clearing up the particulars was getting a little confusing and also links provided earlier from another member....

maybe I am just reading into it too much....

I would take his opinion with a grain of salt. The appalling grammar turns me off right away. What credible person writes 'How long more will the public have to wait :floorlaugh: Classy.

The article in MSN today was interesting - re: the forensic testing methodology. Obviously there's nothing of substance in this thread again. :seeya:

I would take his opinion with a grain of salt. The appalling grammar turns me off right away. What credible person writes 'How long more will the public have to wait :floorlaugh: Classy.

The article in MSN today was interesting - re: the forensic testing methodology. Obviously there's nothing of substance in this thread again. :seeya:

Oh Truth.....Why don't you like us???

Do not friggin start me. The objectification of women is a vestigial sociological imperative that is well past its use-by-date. Women have been commodities in the physical, emotional and spiritual sense for many thousands of years. Very few people really appreciate the depth to which these subservient roles are ingrained. Violence towards women is still at epidemic levels in our community and this violence is not specific to any demographic. The levels of child sex abuse, especially against girls is a national disgrace. Emotional violence and intimidation starts from a very young age and many, many men humiliate their wives and female relatives without any sense that they are doing so. Any man who thinks that Australia is a society which has turned the corner and which provides equal expectations and opportunities for women should experience life from a woman's perspective for a while. Boys need to be exposed to male role models who treat women as human beings, not as some other species who they should look after and 'respect'. Respect is a human right, not a right that you get by being a woman. Women are not furniture, they are not fashion accessories, they are not property, they are not investments. They are not cute things that you have a duty to look after like a pet. Violence against, and the objectification of, women is a deep social problem that is only vaguely recognised and addressed despite ridiculous claims that women are now somehow mostly 'equal'. If Mrs Baden Clay has died as the result of domestic or partner violence then hopefully the result will be something more than a shallow sense of satisfaction that her 'killer' is broughtto justice. All men need to look at their own hearts and their own values and ask what their potential is to act in the same way as her killer(s). We should all look at her death and ask how we collectively failed her and what we can do to empower our daughters to ensure that they do not suffer a similar fate. I am a man.

Thank God for this post. I dont always agree with all of your perspectives but on this one, I most certainly do. Part of my reasons for being so picky about people saying "I dont think it was intentional" when referring to the murder, or even "it was DV gone wrong" (gone wrong for gods sake - DV is already wrong!), is a certain triviliaising of some of these things. Not intentionally but the language gets more casual because we have accepted a lot more things as normal or understandable than we used to - "we" meaning as a society. There is such a lack of understanding about these issues, and a lack of awareness, or maybe wanting to have awareness, of all the issuues you describe. Also the issues about mental health that Neuromancer describes. I hope we can bring some of these perspectives into play when we learn about an arrest and cause of death, and that our discussions here will be enriched by it.

I have always believed that this forum is the very right thing to do, and that there is a lot of good that comes of it. As things have evolved, expecially in the last couple of threads, it's got better and better, especially seeing we have so little info. (Yes, I know there has been a lot of other silly stuff but it's all part of sifting through the rubbish to find the gold) Aside from bringing out even the smallest of ideas and thoughts that might help in the case, I think the discussions between such passionate and well-meaning people really mean something, and maybe we've all learned a lot of things we can take into our daily lives.

Lol of course I'm a male...I only wanted to show my displeasure at the sexist remark......

;)

Ohhh dear I should of cleared this up earlier, my wording came across as sexist, what I meant to say was that because of the rumour that the father was seen around the roundabout he might have been the one that helped the son… so maybe when the father came back home mamma bear would be thinking straight and addressed the cloths/shoes issue and helped destroy evidence….

I’m female btw…
apologises to those that where offended

Hello everyone...this is my maiden voyage on this site.
I think that Allison did go for a walk (I, at times walk late at night)...maybe just to chill out after an argument, or needed time to think. I presume that she did a circuit...but because it was so late, she decided to bypass her usual around the Showground and go down Boscombe Road, into Rafting Ground Road...then bypassed her usual turnoff at Greentrees Avenue and made the terrible mistake of going to the turnoff at Rees Way to cross Creekside Park....where everyone heard the screams. I think someone was watching her and couldn't believe their luck that she was walking so late on a Thursday night. They've seen her when many cars and people were around....but never this late! I reckon someone (not the husband - he would have turned off the mobile) stalked her and she did not notice until her plight which was at the park!! The person would have to have their car or property nearby.
If the screams are from teenagers mucking around....then I fear that Alison was run over by someone who has a previous DUI. They live somewhere near where she was walking....the body was then dumped the next day when the person took the Mt Crosby Road to work! I reckon that Allison was dumped into Little Ugly Creek, Wirrabara Road that runs into Kholo River at the overpass. The Little Ugly Creek is not as swift as Kholo Creek...hence Allison's body being pushed under the bridge when she came out from Little Ugly Creek.
The police should have checked drivers on the Rafting Ground Road turnoff from Moggil Road.....not the Moggil Road/Kenmore roundabout....because I reckon the perpetrator works towards Ipswich way!!!
Allison had her clothes on which means that it was not a sexually motivated crime.....unless the police have not told us something and are withholding information so as not to strike fear into the local Pullenvale/Brookfield population.
I really do hope that the police read this and not be so arrogant to dismiss it!!!!!!!

Awesome, thanks. I'd only seen an ep of "Australian Story" about a girl involved with it because of death in her family - didn't have details at hand. I see the Stanleys have been involved too.

Addit: went digging around - it's a great story for people interested in investigation and justice

"After her father’s attacker was acquitted of manslaughter, Jonty pioneered the successful ‘One Punch Can Kill’ educational campaign, which was adopted by the Queensland Government in 2007. "
http://www.australianoftheyear.org.au/recipients/?m=jonty-bush-2009

Jonty Bush - won Young Australian of the Year
Jonty Bush Young Australian of the Year 2009 - YouTube

Pretty inspirational video about how a young girl who'd had a particularly traumatic life managed to get legal outcomes of murder/manslaughter trials changed.

"JONTY BUSH: When it got to court because of the One Punch Can Kill campaign, that allowed the prosecutor to speak to the jury around accident defence and how that couldn't be applied in that case because the defendant would have been aware that one punch can kill. And that was perhaps one of the most tangible outcomes we had where the family came out afterwards and said, "This is a result of the campaign.""

transcript: http://www.abc.net.au/austory/content/2011/s3306696.htm

I have seen this documentary, and found it very moving and inspirational.

I absolutley agree...I am a child of an abusive home..watched my mum beaten to a pulp....Raped in front of me.......and constantly belittled and told she was worthless and accused of doing things she woud never do for fear of being bashed......As a result I have little trust in anyone and sadly have a terrible relationship with her because I have never been able to wrap my head around why she continued to leave and go back so many times and keep me and my sisters in this home or not protect me from this awful man that ruined my life still to this day.

It made me a very strong woman but also made me become so tough that I have built up barriers that not even my husband or ex husband can break.

I think in Allisons case she seemed so trusting and loyal and kind and soft it could of been this vulnarabilty that led her to trust the person who done this...Maybe her defences were down because she loved the person that killed her?[/QUOTE]

That is a big part of what happens ...

xoo

Ohhh dear I should of cleared this up earlier, my wording came across as sexist, what I meant to say was that because of the rumour that the father was seen around the roundabout he might have been the one that helped the son… so maybe when the father came back home mamma bear would be thinking straight and addressed the cloths/shoes issue and helped destroy evidence….

I’m female btw…
apologises to those that where offended

Lol no one offended just having a bit of fun

How totally inappropriate and deliberate - knowing full well that the media was there and filming. Could be perceived as an act of contempt. How much did any of them care about Allison as a missing human being, the mother of their grandchildren and their daughter in law? This would have been more than enough for me to ban them from daughter's funeral.

I am finding it very difficult to understand this type of behaviour, which belongs in the bedroom, from mature aged people who have a family member missing. It is as though they didn't care at all and didn't bother about who knew that. Absolutely astounding and quite frankly disgusting and disrespectful to all the police, volunteers, SES and others seaching under very trying condition for THEIR missing daighter-in-law.

I had not seen this video before now, and only had read the references to it in various posts here. I really thought that 'pashing on' as we used to say in our younger days, as stated here was totally exaggerated. Not so. Unbelievable. My kids would be some embarrassed if I did that in public view, especially of media cameras.

Well, it takes all types, but this takes the cake, given the terrrible tragic circumstances.

The word gobsmacked comes to mind doesn't it? i can feel your shock. Now you know why we are all traumatised! Seriously though, as we have all said at some point, it is so disrespectful and really says a lot about where they sit in all this I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME