Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of tests....

May 14, 2012

A SCIENTIST who gave forensic evidence in the defence of Lindy Chamberlain says Allison Baden-Clay's body would be telling the story of her death to detectives investigating her murder.

As police reveal they are close to an arrest, one of Australia's best-known biological scientists, professor emeritus Barry Boettcher, said pathology results would be telling police what Mrs Baden-Clay can't.

Her body was discovered by a passing canoeist, who spotted her lying on the bank of the creek under a bridge.

It is not known whether she had been there the entire time, whether she had been moved, or whether heavy rain in the days before the discovery washed her downstream.

Prof Boettcher said in many cases, it could be easily determined.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ests-says-expert/story-e6freoof-1226354327501

Sure. Read that. But have you read his bio, lol? What's judged 'easy' by someone of his stature could mean several months in our world

Also, he said 'in many cases' (not all)

Anyway, we'll see. We'd all like Allison's killer/s brought to justice. The thought of them enjoying their lives since Allison was killed disgusts most of us

Does anyone think that a close confidant(s) have ratted on GBC?

Oh, wouldn't that be great?? One thing is for sure, if he is arrested I think there'll be a bit more 'ratting' going on.
There could still be a few people biting their lip on whether or not they should come forward, but are too scared... but if he gets arrested, well, they may aswell tell all then.

Thanks Paradox good find .....but look at the next part of that paragraph that I have bolded in BLUE..........SO TRUE, so this is what her family know of her life now that they wished they good have helped her with before her demise!!!!!

yeah I was thinking that as I was typing it out. It makes me sad.

Coolcat...no family members are allowed to assist in a homicide or potential homicide search....including at Command Centre!!

But Allison's family were there and they do infact share DNA!

Coolcat...no family members are allowed to assist in a homicide or potential homicide search....including at Command Centre!!

That makes no sense.....The Dickie's were at the command centre. I agree that they would not have been able to assist in the search.....But not because of same DNA (you do know that everyones DNA is different, I hope)...But because if a family memberwas involved in the murder, then they may find evidence and discard it.

Being at the command centre, is not about being involved in the search. The command centre is where information is relayed too. One would think that as her husband, he would want to be in the location of where he will hear the information first hand...............and not hiding behind the door of his parents home, waiting for the police to come to him.

Do you not think there is a time in a mans life, where he ABSOLUTELY needs to be as proactive as possible? One would think that his wife being missing would be one of those times. As I said once before, this hiding behind 'keeping everything normal for the kids' is crap. Surely Allison was the priority at that time (when she was missing).............not the children.

You would think the children, althrough a priority.....werent quite as high as finding ones missing wife....Are mums just not sacred anymore?

G'day :seeya:

I've had a few from this case ask me about posting facts on Websleuths. Here's the deal.

If you are posting something and stating it as a fact, you need to provide a link when asked. Now this isn't necessary when something is obvious, like the fact there was a funeral for Allison on Friday. So, if someone asks you for a link for something you've stated as a fact, don't be put out by it and kindly get the link so there aren't any misunderstandings.

This doesn't mean you cannot speculate. Speculating is if you were to say that because GBC waited until morning to let anyone know Allison was missing, you think that he might know what happened to her. This is not a fact, it is just speculation and is your opinion. Generally, we like to see "IMO" or "MOO" at the end of a speculation post so others won't ask for links or carry the speculation over and over to the point one might think it is a fact when indeed it is not.

All out rumors are NOT allowed. An example of a rumor would be if someone posted that someone's cousin's uncle told you that GBC's first wife from a secret marriage killed Allison. That is just a flat out rumor that doesn't tie in with anything that has ever been reported and is not allowed on Websleuths. Please alert any post you see like that and the moderators will take care of it from there.

I hope that helps. If you aren't sure, you can alert the post and we'll look at it for you. Just because we receive an alert, it doesn't go down as a black mark against the poster or anything like that.

And that's the end of today's lesson from your friendly neighborhood alien. :kimsterwink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo85
Or ... what if he was coming from the other way (for whatever reason) ... heading outbound on Moggil Rd, then he would need to go around the block to the traffic lights (past Indro) as you cannot turn right into the police station due to overpass and traffic island.

Thank FirstTimer, you sound like you were observing this fact or do you know from an accident report, what way can we know this is a fact ...please ?

literally following behind by pure coincidence.

That makes no sense.....The Dickie's were at the command centre. I agree that they would not have been able to assist in the search.....But not because of same DNA (you do know that everyones DNA is different, I hope)...But because if a family memberwas involved in the murder, then they may find evidence and discard it.

Being at the command centre, is not about being involved in the search. The command centre is where information is relayed too. One would think that as her husband, he would want to be in the location of where he will hear the information first hand...............and not hiding behind the door of his parents home, waiting for the police to come to him.

Do you not think there is a time in a mans life, where he ABSOLUTELY needs to be as proactive as possible? One would think that his wife being missing would be one of those times. As I said once before, this hiding behind 'keeping everything normal for the kids' is crap. Surely Allison was the priority at that time (when she was missing).............not the children.

You would think the children, althrough a priority.....werent quite as high as finding ones missing wife....Are mums just not sacred anymore?

Are mums just not sacred anymore?

'Course they are. Just not to wife-killers and their tribe, maybe?

I am so vexed.....that I have now resorted to quoting myself....LMAO

The first piece of my own writing i have highlighted....I'd want as many police out searching for my wife, if I was him. Having police taking time out to come to my parents door to inform me of updates, when I could be at a command centre, would seem more illogical.

Second highlighted point....Why were they initially so worried JUST about the children?....If Allison was just presumed missing, wouldnt they focus on her....(in the view she would come home?). No, they went into poor children mode entirely too quickly.................because they knew she was DEAD.

Just to throw the 'cat amongst the pigeons' has anyone considered that the reason the police put so many resources into the search was because they had some other information not related to GBC? Or maybe I should reading from the beginning again:maddening:!?

With all due respect 543, perhaps you should read some of the early reports in the thread I posted this morning...timeline thread.

For many days into the search for Allison...police were still callling it as a missing person case....there was never any suggestion at all, at that stage, that it was classed as a "homicide or potential homicide search". I'm sorry but you are very wrong if you say it was.

Oh, wouldn't that be great?? One thing is for sure, if he is arrested I think there'll be a bit more 'ratting' going on.
There could still be a few people biting their lip on whether or not they should come forward, but are too scared... but if he gets arrested, well, they may aswell tell all then.

Yes, I agree with this. When a finger is finally pointed things will start to unravel for him.

Seemingly eons ago now, I speculated ABC may have been doped, poisoned. But people weren't too receptive at the time

Doped/poisoned could mean deliberately fed an overdose of something she'd been prescribed in the hope investigators would believe ABC had ended her own life. Also outside chance I guess that she was slipped a Mickey Finn to render her helpless, after which she could have been held under water to make it seem she'd overdosed then plunged herself into a river, dam or whatever

OR -- and people will laugh but who cares -- she could have been fed one of the new generation drugs which are very difficult to trace after a few hours (type used by top-tier athletes, reportedly). Most awful of all would be a concoction from a garden - say Angel's Trumpet - which cause hallucinations prior to death

Pertinent is the seeming double-speak by Sis, who reportedly described ABC as 'depressed' AND as her usual, normal, easy-going, delightful self' (paraphrased)

Why, if the last time Sis saw/spoke with ABC (who was her 'normal' easy-going, cheerful self) did Sis claim ABC had been 'depressed' very early on when ABC was officially declared 'missing' ? Is Sis a bit dense to the point she's used as camera-friendly propagandists by those of the family who believe themselves to be very clever?
I had an unshakable feeling that it was a drugging too. The POI doesn't seem the type to "get his hands dirty". Also, blood marks in a home or car can give away too many secrets. I have lots of things going on in my head where I have built on this but as it's all purely speculation, and my wild imagination, I don't think it's something I should expand on at this time.

I must admit that I do prefer the idea of her just falling asleep rather than facing some kind of physical violence as her last ever memory.

G'day :seeya:

I've had a few from this case ask me about posting facts on Websleuths. Here's the deal.

If you are posting something and stating it as a fact, you need to provide a link when asked. Now this isn't necessary when something is obvious, like the fact there was a funeral for Allison on Friday. So, if someone asks you for a link for something you've stated as a fact, don't be put out by it and kindly get the link so there aren't any misunderstandings.

This doesn't mean you cannot speculate. Speculating is if you were to say that because GBC waited until morning to let anyone know Allison was missing, you think that he might know what happened to her. This is not a fact, it is just speculation and is your opinion. Generally, we like to see "IMO" or "MOO" at the end of a speculation post so others won't ask for links or carry the speculation over and over to the point one might think it is a fact when indeed it is not.

All out rumors are NOT allowed. An example of a rumor would be if someone posted that someone's cousin's uncle told you that GBC's first wife from a secret marriage killed Allison. That is just a flat out rumor that doesn't tie in with anything that has ever been reported and is not allowed on Websleuths. Please alert any post you see like that and the moderators will take care of it from there.

I hope that helps. If you aren't sure, you can alert the post and we'll look at it for you. Just because we receive an alert, it doesn't go down as a black mark against the poster or anything like that.

And that's the end of today's lesson from your friendly neighborhood alien. :kimsterwink:
Best. Alien. Ever.

The first piece of my own writing i have highlighted....I'd want as many police out searching for my wife, if I was him. Having police taking time out to come to my parents door to inform me of updates, when I could be at a command centre, would seem more illogical.

Second highlighted point....Why were they initially so worried JUST about the children?....If Allison was just presumed missing, wouldnt they focus on her....(in the view she would come home?). No, they went into poor children mode entirely too quickly.................because they knew she was DEAD.

Yes to the vexed..lol.

Yes, yes, yes to the rest too.

Second highlighted point....Why were they initially so worried JUST about the children?....If Allison was just presumed missing, wouldnt they focus on her....(in the view she would come home?). No, they wernt into poor children mode entirely too quickly.................because they knew she was DEAD.

Lol, poor Willough

Giving you a little cyber head-pat

Don't worry. The vast majority out there and here in this forum understand how you're feeling and what you've written. That's why there's such interest in this case - the very 'unusual' behaviours of the husband and his extended family, particularly when compared to the genuine worry and sense of urgency displayed by Allison's family and friends (which, to my mind, is the 'normal' [favoured word of the in-laws, it seems] reaction and behaviour of those who've lost a loved one and are desperate for that person to be found safe and well)

As yet, do we even know definitively whether ABC was declared missing after a late night walk or an early morning walk? Has that been clarified beyond doubt?

Odds on, she didn't go for a walk AT ALL, it was a total fabrication MOO

I had an unshakable feeling that it was a drugging too. The POI doesn't seem the type to "get his hands dirty". Also, blood marks in a home or car can give away too many secrets. I have lots of things going on in my head where I have built on this but as it's all purely speculation, and my wild imagination, I don't think it's something I should expand on at this time.

I must admit that I do prefer the idea of her just falling asleep rather than facing some kind of physical violence as her last ever memory.

We are in accord on the above highlighted, for sure
(and in other instances also)

Soooo just wondering, is there anything that one could purchase at a pharmacy - over the counter - that could be used to overdose someone. Obviously there's paracetamol, but that takes days, something quicker? I have NFI if this is possible? But I'm just speculating along with other theories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo