Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dropping in to say that every time I've come to this website during the past several days, attempts have been made to override my computer

A fake AVG 'update' malware

My REAL AVG anti-virus is updated automatically and has never tried to take over my computer

I've been dealing with the fake, malware version as it occurs. As it did a few minutes ago - within minutes of my clicking on this site

Don't know if it's happened to anyone else. Would be irresponsible and uncaring of me to not mention it, which is why I logged in to make this post

In the heat of the moment, reading or posting away, people could inadvertently click the thing, which then tries to take over the computer's administrative system

If you click, it will bring up a black screen. Then it wants you to enter your admin password

Anyway, stay safe

Thanks! It hasn't happened to me, but I'm using a Mac. It did happen some years ago when I was using a PC and I had to re-install Windows! Nasty thing!

Just dropping in to say that every time I've come to this website during the past several days, attempts have been made to override my computer

A fake AVG 'update' malware

My REAL AVG anti-virus is updated automatically and has never tried to take over my computer

I've been dealing with the fake, malware version as it occurs. As it did a few minutes ago - within minutes of my clicking on this site

Don't know if it's happened to anyone else. Would be irresponsible and uncaring of me to not mention it, which is why I logged in to make this post

In the heat of the moment, reading or posting away, people could inadvertently click the thing, which then tries to take over the computer's administrative system

If you click, it will bring up a black screen. Then it wants you to enter your admin password

Anyway, stay safe
Awwww I missed you yesterday. I've never had that issue but I'm on a Mac. Although I have accessed this from Windows and not had that problem. However there have been loads of times the site has gone offline. Possibly some kind of attack on the site itself?

Just discovered site and am wondering about a couple of things. First why were'nt the Baden Clays (Senior) involved in the search. The father is involved in scout movement and self proclaimed big game hunter. Was there nothing that they could have done or contributed? The Dickies made sandwiches and were always present.
Secondly GBC had scratches on his face. What mother would not have noticed that? The Baden Clays seem to suspect something look at Olivia suck in her bottom lip when Gerard talks to the media. She says Alison suffers depression is that a particularly clumsy attempt at a red herring or is she desperately trying to find an answer other than her brothers guilt.
BTW my husband is a barrister and to brief a barrister before any charges are laid is odd. They are probably being drilled in how to respond the media,how to respond to questions and looking for possible holes in prosecution case. The QPF would be moving slowly crossing t's and dotting i's a big wig barrister is not going to let this one of the hook.

There are several things that just don't fit.

The Kenmore roundabout in particular. There is no reason that i can see, considering where ABC's body was found and where GBC's parents reside, why either vehicle would go through that roundabout if they were trying to be clandestine. It seems more practical to out to Kholo Ck via Rafting Ground rd. There's only 2 set of traffic lights to go through before u would be on your way from the BC home at Brookfield to Kholo ck. If u were to go thru the roundabout at Kenmore there are another 2 sets of lights u would have to go through ( kenmore rd-moggill rd intersection and Kilkivian-moggill rd). Being a local, it would seem a hell of a lot more risky to go via the roundabout as it's local knowledge that the stretch between the roundabout and Rafting Ground Rd is a regular spot that the cops like to hang out in and do RBT's etc. So risk factor of being pulled over going that way is MUCH higher. Also there are well known back streets that can be used to get from the BC home at Brookfield to GBC's parents at Kenmore via Brookfield Rd, avoiding the roundabout altogether AND rafting Ground Rd. The only reason i can see that someone would go thru the roundabout is to go toward the city/indro.

I also can't get my head around the most recent report from a witness re; small blue 4wd and white 4wd tailing it. It sounds as if they were heading TOWARD Kholo Ck, as the white 4wd has not been definitely identified as ABC's car with the Century 21 logo clearly on the back, that the witness would have clearly seen if they were behind the vehicles travelling toward Kenmore/the markets at Rocklea. At 4am, wouldn't that be pushing the envelope a bit to be disposing of a body? It would take considerable time to do so, and as lots of tradies live out here and head off to work very early, u would again run the risk of being seen post disposal. also why the parking lights? To have those on, there must be power to the vehicle, so no flat battery and keys must have been available to be able to unlock the steering wheel. But why just parking lights if the vehicle in front had headlights blazing regardless? More than a bit odd i think.

I have been looking for the link now but cannot find it. There is a video in which GBC's sister Olivia says (paraphrased) we just want her "returned"...... I still find that very strange & i feel quite uncomfortable about that statement. Why "returned"? This is when Allison was still missing. I don't wish to read into that but can't help it. :cow:

BEARBEAR: Are we reading our own thoughts/feelings into Allison's looks? You say 'sad', 'broken heart', 'suffered for years' etc. Are you alluding to 'depression'? Or living with DV in an unhappy situation for the sake of the children? Other people may look at the same photo and see just a busy mother around the age of 40 or so. She is still emitting a warm smile for the camera. Just a note that medical evidence re validity/invalidity of depression/DV will be judged in a Court of Law.

hi, no, i think her eyes do look sad, and im neither depressed or in an abusive relationship but have known people who are. i feel empathy for her and not reading anything of of my own life into her photo. i feel sad for her.

Re mobile phone. I am pretty positive that anyone in a situation like ABC would take her phone with her wherever she went and would have it turned on (iif only to know the kids could contact her) and also if GBC was indeed having an affair she may have confided to best friend in texts etc and the last she would have wanted was for anyone (in particular GBC or the kids)to be able to see what she may have thought of him.the police themselves stated that the phone was giving out weak signals in an area of 150 meters around the house before it went flat. If she was run over or was attacked within those confines someone would have heard something.

The Kenmore roundabout in particular. There is no reason that i can see, considering where ABC's body was found and where GBC's parents reside, why either vehicle would go through that roundabout if they were trying to be clandestine. It seems more practical to out to Kholo Ck via Rafting Ground rd. There's only 2 set of traffic lights to go through before u would be on your way from the BC home at Brookfield to Kholo ck. If u were to go thru the roundabout at Kenmore there are another 2 sets of lights u would have to go through ( kenmore rd-moggill rd intersection and Kilkivian-moggill rd). Being a local, it would seem a hell of a lot more risky to go via the roundabout as it's local knowledge that the stretch between the roundabout and Rafting Ground Rd is a regular spot that the cops like to hang out in and do RBT's etc. So risk factor of being pulled over going that way is MUCH higher. Also there are well known back streets that can be used to get from the BC home at Brookfield to GBC's parents at Kenmore via Brookfield Rd, avoiding the roundabout altogether AND rafting Ground Rd. The only reason i can see that someone would go thru the roundabout is to go toward the city/indro.

I also can't get my head around the most recent report from a witness re; small blue 4wd and white 4wd tailing it. It sounds as if they were heading TOWARD Kholo Ck, as the white 4wd has not been definitely identified as ABC's car with the Century 21 logo clearly on the back, that the witness would have clearly seen if they were behind the vehicles travelling toward Kenmore/the markets at Rocklea. At 4am, wouldn't that be pushing the envelope a bit to be disposing of a body? It would take considerable time to do so, and as lots of tradies live out here and head off to work very early, u would again run the risk of being seen post disposal. also why the parking lights? To have those on, there must be power to the vehicle, so no flat battery and keys must have been available to be able to unlock the steering wheel. But why just parking lights if the vehicle in front had headlights blazing regardless? More than a bit odd i think.

If we taken into account what you have just said about the roundabout and heading towards Indro or the city, could the perp then have gone to the office in Taringa? Take something there to hide temporarily? Paperwork, iPhone, etc.? Dispose of it the following day when police would be preoccupied with the home itself and the search?

Great point CaseClosed, i was thinking a similar thing, or perhaps to head to TM's place as i believe she lives past that roundabout. Still mighty risky tho, as to get to the office at Taringa, u would have to go past Indro cop shop!

Perhaps the solicitor was their family/business solicitor or a personal friend...I would find it perfectly normal to engage a solicitor...The solicitor would have engaged the barrister not GBC...Normal procedure...

Yes I completely agree - however I think we need to be careful about stating that GBC engaged the solicitor on the very first day, when we don't know that to be a fact.

Obviously, engaging a solicitor the moment you report your wife missing does make one look more guilty than if he engaged the solicitor at some stage over the following week IMO. I think we need to be fair about this.

Does anyone have a media report to shut me up on this point? :)

Is there a technical difference between 'person of interest' and 'suspect'??

Is there a technical difference between 'person of interest' and 'suspect'??

I always thought a person of interest was someone who may know something and be able to help with the investigation... where as a suspect, well is a suspect. haha So, a POI can quickly become a suspect.

If the police really wanted to know where these cars where heading to/from or what exactly happened at the roundabout, they could contact NASA or one of those military agencies and get satellite images of everything that happens in this World. Big Brother is always watching! But the cost is probably prohibitive!

Can you post a snip of that part of the article? Or is there a link where everyone doesn't have to log into the site if they don't want?

Sorry on my phone and not sure if I can. My computer crashed 5 days ago. Husband Gerard Baden-Clay is the great grandson of Sir Lord Baden Powell, the founder of the scouting movement.

He is a real estate agent, a once likely conservative candidate for a seat in Queensland Parliament and a member of his local chamber of commerce.

Mr Baden-Clay reported his wife missing in the early morning after he last saw her on April 19 at 10pm.

<modsnip>

I'm with you - it is frustrating trying to make sense of the information we have.

I completely agree with your comments about the roundabout. I wonder if the police have seen (or want witnesses to confirm) the blue 4wd coming through the roundabout from city/Indro/Toowong etc etc, and heading outbound at a particular time? Ie, it is info re the accomplice they are trying to nail down?

Also, the witness reported in the paper as seeing the 4WDs isn't necessarily the same as the witness who was travelling to the Rocklea markets - the Rocklea witness was just reported by a poster on here and is likely a different witness, if that makes sense. So, these two 4Wds could well have been heading back inbound at 4am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties