GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a better link for imprisonment here http://www.thefullwiki.org/Life_imprisonment

This is how the sentence is imposed in Australia

Minimum to serve before eligibility for requesting parole; 10 years, 20 years, 25 years, or never; individually set by judge
Maximum length of sentence; None
Indefinite sentence (excl. preventive or psychiatric detainment); Yes
Mandatory sentence; Murder of police officer or other public official, murder in South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, aircraft hijacking
Possible other sentence; Treason, terrorism, drug trafficking, rape
Pardon, amnesty, other release; Compassionate release by governor of state, or governor-general

So the judge may rule that he will not be eligible for parole, and may possibly even hand down another life sentence for the rape.

This kid's there for good IMO.

Found a better link for imprisonment here http://www.thefullwiki.org/Life_imprisonment

This is how the sentence is imposed in Australia

Minimum to serve before eligibility for requesting parole; 10 years, 20 years, 25 years, or never; individually set by judge
Maximum length of sentence; None
Indefinite sentence (excl. preventive or psychiatric detainment); Yes
Mandatory sentence; Murder of police officer or other public official, murder in South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, aircraft hijacking
Possible other sentence; Treason, terrorism, drug trafficking, rape
Pardon, amnesty, other release; Compassionate release by governor of state, or governor-general

So the judge may rule that he will not be eligible for parole, and may possibly even hand down another life sentence for the rape.

This kid's there for good IMO.

He does get a life sentence for each count of Murder, right?

I doubt he'd live to 93 in prison anyway.

Additional: What is {mod edit} brother's name? I have a mutual friend with {mod edit} not sure if there's any relation.

Additional 2: {mod edit} is an Irish and Scottish surname. {mod edit} Yes we've established he moved from Scotland, just pointing it out.

Additional 3: Indeed, lol at them typing in accent.

{mod edit}

I read back through this thread and saw a link that said the investigators found a trail of bloody footprints from the house, so there is some proof that the blood trail was also not from his blood, so that strengthens my theory that, it was very possible he was not injured at all or only very minorly to just leave a small sample of his blood in the house. There is no way that i can see he bled enough for him to step around in his own blood to leave a trail of foot prints of his own blood.

I read back through this thread and saw a link that said the investigators found a trail of bloody footprints from the house, so there is some proof that the blood trail was also not from his blood, so that strengthens my theory that, it was very possible he was not injured at all or only very minorly to just leave a small sample of his blood in the house. There is no way that i can see he bled enough for him to step around in his own blood to leave a trail of foot prints of his own blood.

One of the first articles on AdelaideNow when the murder first happened mentioned that they found a DNA sample from blood in the 'garden' or 'on a plant' or something. By this they weren't talking about the trail.

Yeah the accent is awesome.

Perhaps another way to get DNA is from under fingernails if anyone scratched him while fighting off the attack?

Yes, he sustained some cut marks on his left arm, probably from the struggle with the victims as he tried to stab them. The DNA found in the house is from blood droplet stains.
I find it extremely suprising that he appears to be mounting a not-guilty defence, the DNA and other circumstantial evidence at this VERY early stage seems to be substantial

above from page 12

So he did have a cut/s Someone saw them, must of been enough to leave some of his blood somewhere. Cuts could have been hidden under long sleeves for a few days.

above from page 12

So he did have a cut/s Someone saw them, must of been enough to leave some of his blood somewhere. Cuts could have been hidden under long sleeves for a few days.

If I remember correctly, there were two rather hot days last week. Maybe to avoid suspicion he took his jacket off, but someone saw the cut? Not sure on this one.
Still waiting on someone to post that "How the accused was caught" article.

histGraphAll

November 7-14th weather.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/YPAD/2010/11/8/WeeklyHistory.html

This current week has been a bit colder, though.

histGraphAll

Any one know what these would be for?

Maybe he had planned to clean up after himself, but during his rage he completely changed his state of mind into an "i don't care anymore" kind of attitude and didn't end up cleaning up?
Or he may have come out of the rage, seeing how mutilated the bodies were, realised mere 'White King' isn't going to help much.

It could also simply be that they were cleaning products that the Rowe family used around the home, and are completely unrelated. Heck, I think we have some of that in my laundry at home.

Ok i was kind of thinking the same thing too, perhaps he thought about cleaning up the scene or something, not really sure how it would have done much though.

they searched only one house and they even searched that house after something on facebook

does anyone know what that 'something' was which made them search that particular house?[/QUOTE]

Hi i have been watching and couldnt help but clarify a couple of issues my 4 teenage daughters were friends with chantelle, and my unfortunate son in law worked with the accused and was in fact the one that the police asked to drop the accused off at the Police Station on his way home from work as the accused did not have his car that day, at which time they arrested the accused and charged him with 3 counts of murder. Son in law could not believe it as they had teased this lad when they got off the phone and told him mucking around that he would be locked up that night on his way home for the murders, then they said nah just joking you have to just drop in and sign a statement on your way home, cos he was driving him he said i drop you in there and wait for you and then drop you home, well that didnt happen.

My son in law had no idea that the lad was to be arrested and believed he had only to sign a statement on his way home, because as you have all stated he is a very small lad and doesnt seem capable of anything like this strength wise. He was good friends with Chantelle and was her boyfriends best friend, his house was not the only house searched that had clothing, shoes etc removed from it there was one other that was paid just as much attention also, I think there may be more to come yet from this scenario.

I was really angry actually that they put our son in law in such a nasty situation where he had the lad with him in the car all the way home about a 20 minute trip, and he had no idea he could be in danger in any way.
He has been in shock for a day or two and cant believe that he didnt pick up anything or no one at work did, they regulary teased him coz he was the apprentice at the workplace so he got a bit of ribbing. Better not take up too much space just a learner here....

If I remember correctly, there were two rather hot days last week. Maybe to avoid suspicion he took his jacket off, but someone saw the cut? Not sure on this one.
Still waiting on someone to post that "How the accused was caught" article.

histGraphAll

November 7-14th weather.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/YPAD/2010/11/8/WeeklyHistory.html

This current week has been a bit colder, though.

histGraphAll

He had about 5 cuts to one hand and 3 to the other hand and he did wear long sleeves at work coz he was teased about it by the other blokes at work coz he wouldnt take his jumper of and it was hot in the shed. No one paid much attention to the cuts on his hands due to his job as they get cuts on their hands often. Once he had his jumper removed he apparently has cuts and slash marks on his arms also, which I did not see personally but my son in law and daughter did. He had just purchased a car from them not long prior, so he had been in their house even too which my daughter was a bit creeped out about.

Ok i was kind of thinking the same thing too, perhaps he thought about cleaning up the scene or something, not really sure how it would have done much though.

From what we know locally there was no attempt made to clean up the scene by the accused, and we have not heard any previous statement about the bleach, doesnt mean we should have, but i think most other pieces of information have surfaced pretty rapidly.

Did we ever find out where he worked? Did he have access to some knives from here?

He was an apprentice mechanic and worked at the same place as my son in law works as a qualified mechanic.

One of the first articles on AdelaideNow when the murder first happened mentioned that they found a DNA sample from blood in the 'garden' or 'on a plant' or something. By this they weren't talking about the trail.

There was a bloody handprint on the fence and there was blood on the leaves of the rose bushes in the front yard and the blood trail went out the front door and down the street. He was definately injured see my previous notes.

I am only new to all of this but in regards to the DNA found at the scene it makes sense the crime may have had a sexual nature, how else would they have known they were looking for 'male dna' as announced in the media so often?

I did hear initially that he was refused bail. I'd imagine they would set the bail pretty high, considering the nature of the crime.

The information we received was that he had noit applied for bail and did not want to as he was too concerned for his safety, and the police did not want him getting bail due to "alibi" that they were trying to discount or verify the information that had been provided.
The accused worked as an apprentice with my son in law at his workplace, and my daughters best friend was in his class and they seem to be consistent in their thoughts that he was a quiet nerdy lad at school and after, he wasnt into any drugs that any of his friends or work colleagues were aware of, and he was close friends with Chantelle and they had been in a previous relationship together for a short time and they had remained close friends afterwards as Chantelle was now dating his best friend.

The information we received was that he had noit applied for bail and did not want to as he was too concerned for his safety, and the police did not want him getting bail due to "alibi" that they were trying to discount or verify the information that had been provided.
The accused worked as an apprentice with my son in law at his workplace, and my daughters best friend was in his class and they seem to be consistent in their thoughts that he was a quiet nerdy lad at school and after, he wasnt into any drugs that any of his friends or work colleagues were aware of, and he was close friends with Chantelle and they had been in a previous relationship together for a short time and they had remained close friends afterwards as Chantelle was now dating his best friend.

BBM, and there you go, his best friend, my guess is that put him over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member