GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They moved to Kapunda in 2007/2008 from what I can gather.
Unsure of their whereabouts between Scotland and Kapunda

The accused did attend Kapunda High School prior to starting his apprenticeship in mechanics

Some interesting quotes on the "kupunda" murders facebook page under one of the photos of the alleged accused. No idea if any of it is true. I am thinking the first quote isn't true.

None of these quotes are true and the level of innacuracy is almost a little too confronting for my four daughters that were friends with Chantelle, and even I found it little hard to swallow myself, I understand the need to speculate and raise possible scenario's but it may also be considerate to think that there could be greiving family keeping tabs on this too. They were in no way in witness protection, The father was the local carpet cleaner so was well known. Chantelle was sick if you read the pages on her social networking sites on the day before and at about lunchtime that day she knew she was too sick to go to work so texted her boss and let her know she would not be at work the next day as she was ill. Thankyou for at least stating that you were unsure of the validity of this information as it stops responsible people from taking it as fact and repeating the inaccuracies.

mrs g norris can i send you a msg with a link to 'what i found'
dont want to post it as we dont know if he moved to newcastle

Alright locals....looking for bio info on this alleged suspect....who has anything...and if anyone knows his past who is reading can you log-in and let us know...people don't just suddenly wake up one day and do something this sick.

What was up with this kid pre-murders?

I don't know where to start this kid was a nerdy quiet boy at school who would always do as he was told and wasnt rude or impolite, never appeared to get angry to all the other kids in his class just a normal kid his age maybe a bit nerdier than the average. My four daughters knew Chantelle and 2 of them knew alleged suspect aswell, alleged suspect was a close friend of Chantelle's and was best friends with her Boyfriend. My son in Law worked at the same workplace as alleged suspect who was an apprentice mechanic, who used to get a lift to work sometimes with the son in law cos he had no fuel etc. He played sport, and none of the teenagers that knew can fathom that he could be capable, the 2 daughters of mine that knew him reckon that a girl could almost whip him on their own?

above from page 12

So he did have a cut/s Someone saw them, must of been enough to leave some of his blood somewhere. Cuts could have been hidden under long sleeves for a few days.

He had a lot more than cut marks on his left arm he had 5 cuts on one hand another 3 on the other and both of his arms had cuts and slashes on them which he covered all week at work with a long jumper which he was teased about by his work colleagues as it was too hot in the shed to have a jumper on. Nobody paid much attention to the cuts on his hands as he was an apprentice motor mechanic and they hurt their hands regularly.

sb9257 do you know if he moved anywhere else before kapunda??

when he left scotland and arrived in kapunda there are about 2 years 'missing'

I am only new to all of this but in regards to the DNA found at the scene it makes sense the crime may have had a sexual nature, how else would they have known they were looking for 'male dna' as announced in the media so often?

They would have obtained a DNA profile from the scene and determined it to be male.

I read about this case in the news and subsequently looked up that group on fb. Quite interesting.

In regards to him posting on the memorial page under someone else's name, it said this:

"RIP Chantelle Marie Rowe. You may be gone but you will never be forgotten - your friend JD".

It was posted on the eve of November 10, under what I am assuming what one of his friend's fb profiles. I know the name of the person it was posted under, but don't want to name names. I only saw it because I happened to be looking at the site when someone discovered the wall post (was discovered on about the 15th maybe? .. And subsequently left there for a day or two before being removed. That's how I found out his name, by the page mod and person who discovered the post engaging in discussion about it on the wall of the page.

Weird eh.

I am just getting really early local talk that there has been another male arrested (non local) in the case, guess we better watch the news sites, wont say too much yet as it seems to be a bit of a curve ball.

Where did you see this? I cant seem to find anything on the net

I am only new to all of this but in regards to the DNA found at the scene it makes sense the crime may have had a sexual nature, how else would they have known they were looking for 'male dna' as announced in the media so often?

Once you get a DNA profile you can tell if it is male or female :)

Barossa's Most Wanted is apparently quite diminished. I know a person who is in with that crowd, and apparently the new major group is called "Barossa Ain't Safe" BAS. It is a possibility that it was a gang related killing, but Chantelle didn't go to a local school. Where she could have had an encounter with one of these gang members (apart from at work in Nuriootpa Foodland) is something I can't quite figure out.

Chantelle did attend Kapunda High School up until recently when she relocated to Gawler High School, I believe from one of my daughters that knew her that she also attended Nuriootpa High at some time in the past.

My son in law says he did not miss any time at work that he is aware of and several of the days he actually caught a ride with the son in law to work as he had no car for a few days, we know why now the police had the car going through it for evidence, he certainly didnt tell our son in law that he just asked if he could get a ride as he didnt have a car, he assumed it was broken down or something so he agreed to give him a ride.

Thank you so much for posting this information and for finding this discussion. And it appears they were looking at him from day 1 and he was aware of it, and yet it also seems he wasn't particularly nervous about it? I think this is the part I can't wrap my head around, that he was able to do something so horrific and then carry on in the community as usual. Weird.

And it is very sad to hear that he was close to her boyfriend as well as Chantelle and does appear there was a jealousy issue there at the very least. How unbelievable, that teen romance could end up in such tragedy, it seems such a banal motivation for a crime like this from our standpoint. I am sure we will hear he has darker long term issues however, he may have been a ticking time bomb, and she was just the unlucky target for long pent up rage and frustration.

I am just getting really early local talk that there has been another male arrested (non local) in the case, guess we better watch the news sites, wont say too much yet as it seems to be a bit of a curve ball.

Well it was curious that another name flew around the net before {mod edit} did I wonder if it is the same person?

Assume this is someone who helped AFTER the crime however, I just cannot see anyone else in that house while this went on, I hope not anyway, that would be just horrific, not that this case already isn't.

Thanks for clarifying all that info for us this morning too. :)

OH, and WELCOME to Websleuths!!!

Chantelle did attend Kapunda High School up until recently when she relocated to Gawler High School, I believe from one of my daughters that knew her that she also attended Nuriootpa High at some time in the past.

why was she relocated to gawler high?

also i think i have the story which was published in the uk news paper the sun and i have the pic to go with the story i will add it here soon if anyone is interested

Apparantly now there has been a 17 year old from Gawler arrested in relation to the murders according to news, i am being told, don't know much else yet.

why was she relocated to gawler high?

also i think i have the story which was published in the uk news paper the sun and i have the pic to go with the story i will add it here soon if anyone is interested

She wanted to change there cos one of her close friends was moving and would be going there i am being told my girls who all knew Chantelle too.

They would have obtained a DNA profile from the scene and determined it to be male.

I read about this case in the news and subsequently looked up that group on fb. Quite interesting.

In regards to him posting on the memorial page under someone else's name, it said this:

"RIP Chantelle Marie Rowe. You may be gone but you will never be forgotten - your friend JD".

It was posted on the eve of November 10, under what I am assuming what one of his friend's fb profiles. I know the name of the person it was posted under, but don't want to name names. I only saw it because I happened to be looking at the site when someone discovered the wall post (was discovered on about the 15th maybe? .. And subsequently left there for a day or two before being removed. That's how I found out his name, by the page mod and person who discovered the post engaging in discussion about it on the wall of the page.

Weird eh.

Thanks for finding that and bringing it over here....it is weird, wonder why he didn't just do it under his own profile really...it makes him look even more sus to hide behind someone else's name! Maybe he was already feeling nervous at this stage after all.

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

Did you notice too how different he looks in that picture of him and Chantelle leaning up against the fence at the sports field, and the image he has in his Bebo? Is it just me? Also is it correct that he withdrew from his friends over the last year or so....and....what timeline do we have for when he dated Chantelle, and when she started dating D****? Curious about how that all fits together.

they searched only one house and they even searched that house after something on facebook

does anyone know what that 'something' was which made them search that particular house?

Hi i have been watching and couldnt help but clarify a couple of issues my 4 teenage daughters were friends with chantelle, and my unfortunate son in law worked with the accused and was in fact the one that the police asked to drop the accused off at the Police Station on his way home from work as the accused did not have his car that day, at which time they arrested the accused and charged him with 3 counts of murder. Son in law could not believe it as they had teased this lad when they got off the phone and told him mucking around that he would be locked up that night on his way home for the murders, then they said nah just joking you have to just drop in and sign a statement on your way home, cos he was driving him he said i drop you in there and wait for you and then drop you home, well that didnt happen.

My son in law had no idea that the lad was to be arrested and believed he had only to sign a statement on his way home, because as you have all stated he is a very small lad and doesnt seem capable of anything like this strength wise. He was good friends with Chantelle and was her boyfriends best friend, his house was not the only house searched that had clothing, shoes etc removed from it there was one other that was paid just as much attention also, I think there may be more to come yet from this scenario.

I was really angry actually that they put our son in law in such a nasty situation where he had the lad with him in the car all the way home about a 20 minute trip, and he had no idea he could be in danger in any way.
He has been in shock for a day or two and cant believe that he didnt pick up anything or no one at work did, they regulary teased him coz he was the apprentice at the workplace so he got a bit of ribbing. Better not take up too much space just a learner here....

BBM - I found this very strange also, I don't ever recall someone being asked to drive a suspect to the police station and I am very surprised that they didn't go and arrest him or pick him up for questioning. My personal feelings on this is very angry that someone was put in potential danger particularly after such a horrific crime. I do believe it was the result of jealousy, humiliation and such and was particularly directed to CR but even still he had surpassed the boundary and in my opinion become a threat to anyone after the fact.

I feel for your family and particularly for your sil for the position he was put in.

My condolences to the family, your family, friends and the township of Kupunda.

No prob Mrs G.

I think he looks different in the pics because he is younger in the one with the glasses ... Judging by the bebo account, it looks like it was mostly in use beginning to mid 2009. Probably transitioned to fb in the interim. Teenagers grow a lot in that period .. so it could have been up to two yrs before the next pic was taken, assuming it is recent.

Reading his bebo though, man, if he hadn't allegedly murdered a family i would feel sorry for the guy. His whole approach to the social system sounds like such an epic fail. I can imagine him copping serious flak for being a geek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member