GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also heard about the 'second person arrested' thing yesterday. If you were not paying attention to the TV and just had it on in the backround and caught a snippet of it then you could have easily thought they ment a second person arrested in the Kapunda case and not the market gargens one. It nearly caught me by surprise.

I am also a little surprised that the police made someone drive him to the police station.

The flowers story i believe was when he took flowers to the shrine in the days after. Someone must of thought he took flowers to the crime scene??. If it is correct we have heard about bleach being found, then i reckon we would have heard if flowers were found at the crime scene.

....and yes, one is incorrect, most likely the cupboard one, but until we have verified details we tend to keep an open mind on possibilities and scenarios, these details tend to get tidied up as the case progresses.

Welcome aboard by the way!! ;)

I'm unsure of the floor plan of the house, but police did not mention any forced entry, and the aerial views of the house in the videos do not show any broken windows. One would assume that the front or back doors must have been left unlocked, and that which ever family member's room was closest to the particular door he chose, is the person he would have most likely killed first.

I wonder if he suffered a blind rage episode, where he literally doesn't remember doing the act afterwards and hence the calm response etc? :waitasec:

Just a thought as it is hard to image him responding that way if he did remember it.

He didnt appear to be acting nervous and under stress.

Below is a link to a case in which a man stabbed to death a pensioner waiting at a bus stop. He has no recollection of him doing it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nort...spect-no-memory-of-oap-attack-72703-27327994/

It is a possibility that [removed name] took some kind of drugs that night which blacked his memory out. Are there any mental illnesses which could have the same effect?

It's also possible that he's simply lying.

EDIT:

Beagle said:
I wonder if he suffered a blind rage episode, where he literally doesn't remember doing the act afterwards and hence the calm response etc?

Just a thought as it is hard to image him responding that way if he did remember it.

This could explain why the body of Chantelle was so mutilated. What can trigger 'Blind rage'? I've never actually heard of it before.

It also can be a case of a murder thinking he is smarter then the cops, and he is young, most young guys think stuff won't stick to them.

I wonder if he suffered a blind rage episode, where he literally doesn't remember doing the act afterwards and hence the calm response etc? :waitasec:

Symptoms of Berserker-blind rage syndrome
The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources for Berserker-blind rage syndrome includes the 3 symptoms listed below:

• Greatly increased strength
  • Targeted violence
  • Amnesia during episode of violence

Sound familiar?

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/b/berserker_blind_rage_syndrome/symptoms.htm

Please remember that the worlds worst killers, serial or otherwise, look just like anyone you might pass walking down the street.
They do not have horns growing out of their foreheads.

Nobody can get inside another person's head. Some people might like to think they can but they can't.
People can harbour dark fantasies or scenarios and none of us are any the wiser.
At a certain hour on a certain day they strike.
Criminal history is littered with their ilk.

Also remember the detectives are not stupid, but like anyone they can make mistakes.
They know a whole lot more about this case and the individuals involved than we do.
They also have to deal with the crime scene and whatever horrors that scene holds.

We feed off the crumbs and thanks to some of the posters here we get some 'inside info.'

Thanks for "confirming" these things TomWang. If what you have stated is true, it would obviously make self defence less likely. My line of thinking was that it would only take one blow from a sharpened samurai sword to injure someone in a gruesome manner.

Samurai swords are sold blunt, but once sharpened they're lethal. I was suggesting that the father confronted him with it, but knowing it's potential, would not have gone to take the kids head off.

But a panicked kid with a sharpened samurai sword in an enclosed environment, trying to fight off 2-3 people could cause a right mess....even before he realised the enormity of what he had done. I thought the shock may have helped him appear 'normal' afterwards.

...totally different scenario with the level of detail you have revealed...but also makes me think it is even less believable that this kid did it?? Could it have been an attempt to cover what really happened?? It all just doesn't make sense...

Can you enlighten me on how it was established that he went there with the intent to kill?

I think he knew he had to hang around afterwards and grieve like the others, he was a close friend and it would have been obvious if he wasnt there. He would have done everything possible to pull him self together and try not to look suspicious. If he can pull him self together to do such a horrendeous cime and not chicken out then im sure he could compose himself enough in the days after. The mind is capable of amazing things.

I still dont understand why/how he would have willingly offered DNA. That intrigues me. It didnt seem like a smart move. he may have just paniced and thought what the heck i have to do it, theyre are gonna do the whole town sooner or later.

Did he offer a DNA sample several days before the arrest?

You got to remember although he was 18 which is legally an adult, but an 18yr old can still be quite mentally imauture and not think like an adult. Its not like he was a 40 yr old and committed lots of crimes before and knew all the things to do and not to do to give himself the best chance of getting away with it and was 'experienced'. To me the only thing he has given decent thought to is the disposal or hiding of the weapon. The searchers are still looking for it. Hopefully they can find it soon.

does anyone think the pages on facebook...mainly the kupunda murders page (thats how they spelt it on fb) will effect the case in anyway??

It also can be a case of a murder thinking he is smarter then the cops, and he is young, most young guys think stuff won't stick to them.

That is what I am thinking...that he is just lying his *advertiser censored*** off, but the Beserker theory is interesting isn't it!

i dont think so, so much rubbish is said on FB pages. I have heard comments from people saying they were lawyers or studing law and they said courts would not pay too much attention to heresay on FB, but then again, people could have just made that up too.

The detectives usually aim for a confession.
They confront the accused with the evidence.
Obviously they haven't that confession.

This kid is going to prison for life regardless if his name is out there or not....much ado about nothing, and I hope they release his name soon too...

does anyone think the pages on facebook...mainly the kupunda murders page (thats how they spelt it on fb) will effect the case in anyway??

That particular page has been deleted, and should not effect the case in any way. Digital images (screen shots of the page) as evidence are not the most submissable evidence in court, as they can be edited quite easily. If they were going to use the Facebook page as evidence, they would need a real copy of it. I guess they could have saved the web page to their harddisk, but even that can be edited quite easily.

I'm not sure how submissable the page would be to his defence.

That is what I am thinking...that he is just lying his *advertiser censored*** off, but the Beserker theory is interesting isn't it!

Yes that intrigue me I must admit, I don't think though that is recognized in any murder case to acquit though.

The only thing that I read about this is, he would have shown some rage in his past. He would have been borderline rage first and then if not dealt with it could have gone to full Blind Rage. I haven't heard anything about any aggression from him in his recent past.

He however has shown clear signs of having some sort of personality disorder. Disassociation! That fits him like an OJ glove. LOL

but now there wont be a fair jury coz so much has been published there...maybe they should see about his case not having a jury just a closed court with judge and lawyers?

i hate for there to be a legal loop hole he could slip through

i feel sorry for his mother...and i feel sorry for the 'person' who found the rowes bodies it would scar you for ever :(

but now there wont be a fair jury coz so much has been published there...maybe they should see about his case not having a jury just a closed court with judge and lawyers?

i hate for there to be a legal loop hole he could slip through

What difference does it make if the jury know his name? The second the prosecution mentions the crimes he's being charged with, any jury comprised of South Australians will know they mean the Kapunda murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell