GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SB, if it helps any I'm sure they had under cover cops following your sil the entire time from work to the police station. Wow, bless you and thank you for sharing.

SB, if it helps any I'm sure they had under cover cops following your sil the entire time from work to the police station. Wow, bless you and thank you for sharing.

Why wouldn't the police just enter the workplace and arrest him there? They don't need to put sirens on and scare him off.

I think the police are SO WRONG for putting your son in law in that position and you should lodge a complaint.

I guess because of OZ laws, they wanted the press not to know who he was. They wanted to be able to question him before the press leaked out and he lawyered up? Maybe that is why and I know zip about Criminal law in OZ

If he was thinking he just had to sign the paper, he would have his guard down...however; that theory is out the window because AB's SIL stated they grabbed him and whisked him away...so right there he knew the jig was up.

I guess because of OZ laws, they wanted the press not to know who he was. They wanted to be able to question him before the press leaked out and he lawyered up? Maybe that is why and I know zip about Criminal law in OZ

I think having a few more people know he's been arrested (the people at the workplace) would outweigh putting an innocent man at risk.

I'm sure all the employees know it was him by now, anyway.

They should have known better, and they could have arrested him at work, using undercovers. They could have driven in with a normal van, pretending to need to get the van repaired, then arrested him inside the workplace and put him in the back of the van and taken him to the police station. That would have been better for everyone concerned.

That was a very risky thing to do by LE especially if what he did to the mother and father are true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I was SB and her SIL I would shaken to the bone myself.

What difference does it make if the jury know his name? The second the prosecution mentions the crimes he's being charged with, any jury comprised of South Australians will know they mean the Kapunda murders.

the differencee is once his name is released then the rumors start...a jury would probably find him guilty without knowing his name...im just saying his lawyer asked for the supression while they argue next week over what can and cant be released to the public...

and the supression was only valid in s.a but all im trying to say is that im sure chris would want to see him go to jail for what he did, just hope that there is no loop hole which sees him get off over stupid facebook pages

Yeah no excuse the more I think about it but I can also vision the cops just getting verification on DNA or fingerprints connecting them to him. I can see the cops adrenalin pumping some too. Still no excuse, and also how much experience does this police station have with murder investigations?

Perhaps the SIL should call victims advocate person in that police department. They have something like that in OZ?

I'll clear 2 things up for you, she didn't hide in a cupboard; that is bull**** and has obviously been made up. She was killed quickly, brutally and staged afterwards.
Secondly, no idea where this story of him coming with flowers is coming. No evidence to suggest this happened.The only flowers he turned up with is a few days later at her memorial where he played the mourning friend role.

I'm not sure of his mental state, I'll leave that to the experts to determine. What I do know is that it's not normal to murder your girlfriends mum (even in self defence) or to stage your girlfriends body after slaying her. It's also not normal to pretend it didn't happen and blend back into the community. It's not normal to still claim not guilty after the police have a crapload of DNA and circumstantial evidence to charge you. And it's definitely not normal to declare an alibi an hour before your initial bail hearing (he didn't think about raising this when he was being interviewed for 4 hours the night before?!).

Thanks mum73 I have been given the same information about the relationship between the deceased and the accused being a current and ongoing one at the time of the event and it doesnt make sense for him to want to hurt her under those circumstances, i dont pretend to know what happened but I do know I have 4 daughters and a lot of their friends and my son in law who worked with [removed name] and all knew Chantelle also who are in a state of shock and disbelief over the thought that he could be accused of anything like he is being portrayed to be capable of by the media etc.
He was known to be a quiet and level headed kid that was working as an apprentice which required ongoing study and the mental capacity to be able to cope with doing so, which he obviously had. He played sport like other boys his age, and I have not one indication from someone that actually knew this boy that they believe he went to the house that night with the intention to cause anyone any harm, and he was a very regular visitor at the property seeing Chantelle so I doubt that he would have needed to break in when they were seeing each other anyway.

they searched only one house and they even searched that house after something on facebook

does anyone know what that 'something' was which made them search that particular

Hi i have been watching and couldnt help but clarify a couple of issues my 4 teenage daughters were friends with chantelle, and my unfortunate son in law worked with the accused and was in fact the one that the police asked to drop the accused off at the Police Station on his way home from work as the accused did not have his car that day, at which time they arrested the accused and charged him with 3 counts of murder. Son in law could not believe it as they had teased this lad when they got off the phone and told him mucking around that he would be locked up that night on his way home for the murders, then they said nah just joking you have to just drop in and sign a statement on your way home, cos he was driving him he said i drop you in there and wait for you and then drop you home, well that didnt happen.

My son in law had no idea that the lad was to be arrested and believed he had only to sign a statement on his way home, because as you have all stated he is a very small lad and doesnt seem capable of anything like this strength wise. He was good friends with Chantelle and was her boyfriends best friend, his house was not the only house searched that had clothing, shoes etc removed from it there was one other that was paid just as much attention also, I think there may be more to come yet from this scenario.

I was really angry actually that they put our son in law in such a nasty situation where he had the lad with him in the car all the way home about a 20 minute trip, and he had no idea he could be in danger in any way.
He has been in shock for a day or two and cant believe that he didnt pick up anything or no one at work did, they regulary teased him coz he was the apprentice at the workplace so he got a bit of ribbing. Better not take up too much space just a learner here....

Thanks for posting. I can't believe the police did that! Why didn't they just drive up there themselves and pick him up?? Thank goodness nothing bad happened.

Your description of the accused is about what we had made of his bebo profile. A nerdy kid, possibly a likely target for bullying. Do you know anything of his family? Did he have a normal home life?

To me it sounds like a mental illness that could have been brewing. He seemed a bit obsessive, seems like he was wearing the same red tshirt all the time.

It is all so sad, the community needs answers fast so they can start healing and move on. As long as people have questions it will be a part of their life and could cause some unwarranted stress. So sad!

This guy needs to talk, and I'm hoping his mother learns enough to realize that her son did do it and convince him to admit to it all and get it over with.

he was a very regular visitor at the property seeing Chantelle so I doubt that he would have needed to break in when they were seeing each other anyway.

What kind of relationship did Chantelle and [removed name] share?
[removed name] was a friend of Chantelle's boyfriend. Was [removed name] also very close friends with Chantelle?

And considering the murder was committed between 12am and 1am, I don't think someone would have come and let him in at that hour.

Additional: What could the loud 'bang' have been that locals heard that night? Him kicking in a door? Part of the struggle inside?

Why wouldn't the police just enter the workplace and arrest him there? They don't need to put sirens on and scare him off.

This is exactly what we have been asking ourselves, it has been a devastating blow for my sil who knew the Rowe family and actually took time off of work for the rest of the day that he found out what had happened to them in the media, as he was upset and couldnt continue working, then to have this piled on top of that was a little unfair I think of the Police to do. I don't understand why they didn't go to the workplace to pick him up, they did talk to his employer first then they spoke to the sil. They claimed when sil was at the police station that they thought that it was the best way to get him under arrest without anyone being hurt?? I don't know it makes you wonder what would have happened had he decided half way there he didnt want to go anymore, and had contested continuing the rest of the way what may have occurred, just thank god and whoever else was looking after sil that day that my precious granddaughter has her daddy still today.

I think he knew about this party and he was spying on them. Maybe he overheard some of them talking and thought he heard or did hear them laughing about him. He gets angry, leaves, goes home and stews on it. The anger builds and builds, he goes over there to confront her...walks in (where is kitchen to the font door?) maybe he used a cleaver from the kitchen.

^ and why did he take a machete or sword with him for a visit anyway?

Well, I feel sick...this case bother's me more now then before. I'm going to go lay down. SB, I'm so sorry. Peace and I will pray for your SIL to have some peace too.

This is exactly what we have been asking ourselves, it has been a devastating blow for my sil who knew the Rowe family and actually took time off of work for the rest of the day that he found out what had happened to them in the media, as he was upset and couldnt continue working, then to have this piled on top of that was a little unfair I think of the Police to do. I don't understand why they didn't go to the workplace to pick him up, they did talk to his employer first then they spoke to the sil. They claimed when sil was at the police station that they thought that it was the best way to get him under arrest without anyone being hurt?? I don't know it makes you wonder what would have happened had he decided half way there he didnt want to go anymore, and had contested continuing the rest of the way what may have occurred, just thank god and whoever else was looking after sil that day that my precious granddaughter has her daddy still today.

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

They should have put the communities safety before everything else, and that includes the safety of your son-in-law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper