GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ and why did he take a machete or sword with him for a visit anyway?

If he knocked on the door or rang the door bell and someone did let him in, let's see, who would be the most likely person to answer a door at 1am...

I'd guess the father would want to be the one to answer it, being annoyed at being woken up. Surely even if it's a friend of your family who came and woke you up at 1am, without a good reason, you would be angry enough to not let them in and simply slam the door shut (or maybe even punch the person out).

If he brought a samurai sword or machete with him, that would be even greater grounds to slam the door shut. Surely the father would be stronger than [removed name]and be able to close the door on him, and lock it.

This is why I think the door was probably unlocked. Also, there was mention in a newspaper article of "Locals are now locking their doors at night".

They should have known better, and they could have arrested him at work, using undercovers. They could have driven in with a normal van, pretending to need to get the van repaired, then arrested him inside the workplace and put him in the back of the van and taken him to the police station. That would have been better for everyone concerned.

Do you think that maybe they wanted to first remove him from an environment with other people, co-workers for example, and surrounds of which he was familiar and had the potential to cause violence or react unpredictably?

Taking him by surprise at the police station might be safer? As he wouldn't be expecting it, or prepared. Nor would it be a familiar environment to him, unlike his work place where he has the capacity to reach for a saw or metal bar for instance and try and attack someone if he freaked out. Mechanic's workshop would have lots of potentially dangerous equipment lying around. Just a thought.

I agree...he walked in through unlocked door and went straight to Chantelle's room.

I think having a few more people know he's been arrested (the people at the workplace) would outweigh putting an innocent man at risk.

I'm sure all the employees know it was him by now, anyway.

Actually none of them had a clue at his workplace that it could have been him, a lot of townsfolk had to sign statements for the police as part of their door to door investigation through the town, they were actually all teasing him that he was going to get locked up on his way home for the three murders etc etc, being the apprentice he got a bit of ribbing, but they told him they were just teasing him and he had to just go and sign this alleged statement the police told my sil about on the phone.
The employee's the following day were shocked and also in a state of disbelief as he is a very slim lad who isnt particularly tall or anything, and wasn't quick to temper as far they were concerned he took their ribbing in the jest it was meant, and returned a bit also. My sil actually went into work that next morning to inform his employer and colleagues of the events of the previous evening which several of them had heard nothing about yet as they lived in other towns etc, there were only a couple of them that had heard things but were unsure what to believe at that stage as it was early the next morn before the media started releasing info.

Do you think that maybe they wanted to first remove him from an environment with other people, co-workers for example, and surrounds of which he was familiar and had the potential to cause violence or react unpredictably?

Taking him by surprise at the police station might be safer? As he wouldn't be expecting it, or prepared. Nor would it be a familiar environment to him, unlike his work place where he has the capacity to reach for a saw or metal bar for instance and try and attack someone if he freaked out. Mechanic's workshop would have lots of potentially dangerous equipment lying around. Just a thought.

Police are armed, though. I doubt he would try attacking someone if he had multiple handguns pointed at him.

Yes I think that was their thinking, but wish they had used a different method for the sake of the son-in-law, poor guy..

The employee's the following day were shocked and also in a state of disbelief as he is a very slim lad who isnt particularly tall or anything, and wasn't quick to temper as far they were concerned he took their ribbing in the jest it was meant, and returned a bit also.

He might have been bottling up his temper, instead of releasing it quickly.

He might have been bottling up his temper, instead of releasing it quickly.

Unleashing years of bottled up fury in one horrible night upon three innocent people.

Psychologically don't you think it's interesting that he took out a family unit, since his dad left his mum when he was two months old and his home life may not have been altogether happy judging by his bebo;

i grew up without a dad scince i was 2 months old so i had been raised up by my mum all my life i respect and love her to death even thought we have our bad moments

Happiest When
partying and hanging out with my friends going for car ride with friends and when my mums asleep lol.

Maybe he had rage and jealousy over Chantelle's happy home life too.

Has anyone noticed that Chantelle's name on bebo was 'Obsessed'? And with the exception of about one other person her comments pepper his page. Just thought that was kind of ironic. In a macabre kind of way.

Police are armed, though. I doubt he would try attacking someone if he had multiple handguns pointed at him.

Another thought that came to mind was that the employer may not have wanted the adverse or negative publicity for his business as the media crews were all there in force at the police station within a few minutes of the arrest, because it made it very difficult for them to get sil out without being seen, and he did get a small contingency follow him to the gates of his home which he found upsetting, but the police were excellent and resolved that problem almost immediately for him... I guess the police had their reasons for choosing the method they did, all i know we are a bit miffed as a family that they would put him at risk without his knowledge like that, I wonder whether they knew he had a young family at home that love him too, i hope that they being the police get around to contacting him once the dust has settled and properly thanking him for the danger he placed himself in for them to effect an arrest where no one else got hurt, i think he deserves a bravery medal, but i am his mum in law and could be a wee bit biased there i guess, i just know the impact it has had on him which at this stage is a major concern to the family.

and also how much experience does this police station have with murder investigations?

I believe very little, unless they already had some guys appointed there who may have previously been in the city or interstate, there has never been anything like this happen here before, Im sure they dragged up the top investigators from the city on this one.

I also think if what we know is true there aint NO WAY a jury would let him off over a little technicality on this one, this is the worst of the worst, if the jury cant see that then what is the world comming to, I have no idea what you can get locked up for then.

Even if his defense says he was metally ill, he would still end up in a mental institution for life.

Also although, there are tonnes of people who know his name, there will be some people in South Australia who will not know his name and i know people who do not know his name and have no interest to seek it out, and have taken very little interest in this case at all and only just watch the nightly news and only take in what is spoon fed by the media. I believe it will still be very possible to find a jury from SA who has not heard his name. Not everyone is as curious about these sort of crimes or this particular crime as we are.

Unleashing years of bottled up fury in one horrible night upon three innocent people.

Psychologically don't you think it's interesting that he took out a family unit, since his dad left his mum when he was two months old and his home life may not have been altogether happy judging by his bebo;

i grew up without a dad scince i was 2 months old so i had been raised up by my mum all my life i respect and love her to death even thought we have our bad moments

Happiest When
partying and hanging out with my friends going for car ride with friends and when my mums asleep lol.

In addition, he would have had to kill the parents if they discovered his presence in the house.

Thanks for "confirming" these things TomWang. If what you have stated is true, it would obviously make self defence less likely. My line of thinking was that it would only take one blow from a sharpened samurai sword to injure someone in a gruesome manner.

Samurai swords are sold blunt, but once sharpened they're lethal. I was suggesting that the father confronted him with it, but knowing it's potential, would not have gone to take the kids head off.

But a panicked kid with a sharpened samurai sword in an enclosed environment, trying to fight off 2-3 people could cause a right mess....even before he realised the enormity of what he had done. I thought the shock may have helped him appear 'normal' afterwards.

...totally different scenario with the level of detail you have revealed...but also makes me think it is even less believable that this kid did it?? Could it have been an attempt to cover what really happened?? It all just doesn't make sense...

Can you enlighten me on how it was established that he went there with the intent to kill?

I dont think it has been established at all because by all the information i have from people that knew both Chantelle and [removed name]which are my children, their friends, and my sil, along with work colleagues it just doesnt seem viable let alone credible so i to would be interested to see who established that fact as the police certainly have not stated that that was the case as far as i am aware anywhere.

Happiest When

Yes, it will be interesting to hear what effect his family life may have had on his behavior. Did he have a step father? More successful brothers and sisters? What was his mum like.
I guess they are in hiding now, trying to come to terms with what has happened.

where could the murder weapon be? police searched the tip, his house ect so where else could it have hidden?? hopefully they will find it soon

and was his house searched before he was arrested??

Yes, it will be interesting to hear what effect his family life may have had on his behavior. Did he have a step father? More successful brothers and sisters? What was his mum like.
I guess they are in hiding now, trying to come to terms with what has happened.

You got to feel sorry for his mum don't you, how would you be? Poor woman, sheesh!!

Two of my daughters knew [alleged suspect]and my Son in Law worked at the same place as him and he was in my daughters best friends class at school at none of them can think of any instance that would have had them being concerned about his behaviour. Even after the murders occurred he went to work each day knowing that police had been and searched the house and taken his shoes on the 1st occassion, then they took clothes and other items, and finally the car etc, so these were all separate occassions and he volunteered his DNA to police earlier also which all just seems odd you would think that had he thought he was going to be arrested and as a result could be in prison for life he may have attempted to run at least?? He didnt appear to be acting nervous and under stress.

Hi, i have also been reading for a few days now, and have decided to post. I was just wondering surely if the police have been looking at him from the beginning why didnt they arrest him earlier. I know that they would be wanting large amount of evidence but if they knew they had blood, looked at his shoes, car etc, and saw that he had cuts up his arms why did they not arrest him then?

Hi, i have also been reading for a few days now, and have decided to post. I was just wondering surely if the police have been looking at him from the beginning why didnt they arrest him earlier. I know that they would be wanting large amount of evidence but if they knew they had blood, looked at his shoes, car etc, and saw that he had cuts up his arms why did they not arrest him then?

Good question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member