TX - Zavien Keyes, 9, missed bus - did not arrive at school - Grapevine - 28 August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm very familiar with this area. Number 1 on this map is where he was last seen (per last tweet from GVPD). The school is on far left of map. This is approximately 2.3 miles apart. There is A LOT between these two points including large four lane roads, a railroad crossing, shopping centers and a high school.
Screenshot_20240828-140906_Maps.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240828-140906_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240828-140906_Maps.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 3
I'm very familiar with this area. Number 1 on this map is where he was last seen (per last tweet from GVPD). The school is on far left of map. This is approximately 2.3 miles apart. There is A LOT between these two points including large four lane roads, a railroad crushing, shopping centers and a high school.
View attachment 527505
I wonder how many times he had walked that route before. Had he ever? Did he actually know the way? I hate to imagine him wandering and lost, alone. MOO

Such a cute little man. He must show up on Security Cams along the way.

What happened that he missed the bus?

It looks like there is also a big park-like area with Big Bear Creek along the way.

That is an awful long walk for a 9 year old.

How do they know he was walking to school? Wouldn't he have gone back home if he missed the bus? At least someone should have been walking with him all that way.

Prayers he is found quickly and that he's safe. I sure hope he got tired walking to school and he laid down somewhere and fell asleep... or he got distracted by something interesting and he has just been exploring and doesn't realize anyone is looking for him.

Facebook
Post by Grapevine Police Department on their FB page 2 hours ago:
"UPDATE - Grapevine Police have issued an Athena Alert that may show up on billboards and other social media as an AMBER ALERT. Police are searching the area near the child’s home along Mustang Drive and Tanglewood. If you live or own a business in the area Grapevine Police are asking residents and business owners to check their doorbell or security cameras for any possible sightings.
If you have any tips or information, please report them directly to our non-emergency line 817-410-8127 and not via social media.
Grapevine Police are asking for public assistance to help locate a missing 9-year-old boy who never made it to school this morning.
Zavien Keyes is a Black male, 4’9” tall, weighing 90 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black shirt with gold Spider Man design, green pants, and possibly carrying a blue backpack.
Family members say Zavien missed his bus this morning and left home to walk to Glenhope Elementary School. He did not arrive at school.
Police are searching the neighborhood, surrounding parks and Zavien’s route to school. Officers are additionally looking for any surveillance video in the area that may show which direction he was traveling.
Grapevine Police are working closely with our partners at Colleyville PD and Grapevine-Colleyville ISD. Anyone with information about Zavien’s whereabouts is urged to call our non-emergency line at 817-410-8127."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mykand
Back