GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(I know that was a joke, but it's actually relevent) The fact of the t-shirt(s) or lack of, also say something about him. Can't explain that one, but it's a point of interest. I choose not to elaborate and do not expect others to understand but it is significant to my way of thinking. I think his self-esteem was as low as it could get.

OK here is something I really wonder...the pic of him and Chantelle from his FB page shows a pretty good looking guy in nice jeans, hair up, filled out, etc. Then there is another side to him that we see now that looks very thin, shabby, etc. Did he take a dive in the last year, I would think that points to some kind of schizoid like deterioration...there were reports he was isolating himself in the last year..or had he just lost interest in taking care of himself, so dropped the grooming?

OK here is something I really wonder...the pic of him and Chantelle from his FB page shows a pretty good looking guy in nice jeans, hair up, filled out, etc. Then there is another side to him that we see now that looks very thin, shabby, etc. Did he take a dive in the last year, I would think that points to some kind of schizoid like deterioration...there were reports he was isolating himself in the last year..or had he just lost interest in taking care of himself, so dropped the grooming?

Well, I think he would have made an extra effort to look good if he was going ANYWHERE with the object of his affection. Re thin, shabby, isolation, I think that was the anger being all-consuming, building and festering inside. Hence would explain why he took to wearing the same clothes often - he was otherwise mentally pre-occupied. A normal teenager will not be seen in the same item of clothing in the one week!

Yep the dad thing, his mum and new baby brother probably the natural son of the step dad since <modsnip> isn't his dad's name, being geeky, being Scottish in Australia, being from a notorious council estate in Scotland before that, not fitting in anywhere etc etc .. learning difficulties...failing year 9 at what 16, poss even 17 years old! Only having one T-Shirt.....

lol, well first of he left school last year in 2009, that makes it year 11, year 9 is 14 years of age. He did have friends, Channy was one of his BEST friends. Many people live in broken homes, step brothers and sisters, one t-shirt? how did you reach that conclusion? Also if a kid does not fit in they do not play sports, other kids would make their life hell so it's easier and less confronting for them if they didn't

Classed as mental disorder or not, useful to the defence or not, there were obviously still the feelings/emotions of jealousy, rage, anger, and afterward, probably a sense of achievement. Only a complete sociopath could commit this crime. It is that of a monster. There can be no rehabilitation. This is all just my opinion.

I stated earlier that just cause someone had a mental disorder, this would not necessarily mean they end up in psych ward, or get off. Mood disorders are characterised by extreme rage, anger, etcetera. I don't think he was a sociopath (anti-social personality disorder) because he had an interest in friends and managed to work/go to TAFE. I do believe in rehabilitation. I think all people have the potential to be good, with care and direction. I in no way think this act was good, and believe he needs to b in jail for a long, long time. I also believe in justice for the victims.

Well, I think he would have made an extra effort to look good if he was going ANYWHERE with the object of his affection. Re thin, shabby, isolation, I think that was the anger being all-consuming, building and festering inside. Hence would explain why he took to wearing the same clothes often - he was otherwise mentally pre-occupied. A normal teenager will not be seen in the same item of clothing in the one week!

That photo you're talking about is a very recent photo

The one thing that we all assume is that Mum & Dad were asleep. They were visiting friends in the city and I think that it said in one of the reports that they weren't expect back till the next day. So after everyone has left the party alleged suspect comes back to spend the rest of the night with CR ,as a caring boyfriend will do if your girlfriend was sick.
Mum & Dad come home find them in bed together, maybe they were asleep. Dad loses his Cool, neighbour hears the Domestic, man, women screaming. If it was you finding your daughter like that I think you would lose it.
Say dad grabs {mod edit} the alleged suspect and drags him into the kitchen and starts to slap him around, alleged suspect sees the knives in the block and grabs one and goes bersek.
That would explain the cuts on alleged suspect because as the blood was getting on the knife it became slippery and his hand was sliding on to the blade. Dad drops to the floor and alleged suspect trys to do a runner, Mum confronts him and he takes to her and she goes down. CR comes out of the bedroom and goes hysterical, alleged suspect panics and takes the knife to her.
He has time to calm down and tries to make it look like a phycopath sex nutter did it.
He goes to the school, remember the alarm went off, he cleans up there, all schools have fantastic first aid rooms. He could easily hide the knife in the ceiling cavity in the school. He had enough time to clean up and calm down, then go home to wake up to a new day. Possible??

I stated earlier that just cause someone had a mental disorder, this would not necessarily mean they end up in psych ward, or get off. Mood disorders are characterised by extreme rage, anger, etcetera. I don't think he was a sociopath (anti-social personality disorder) because he had an interest in friends and managed to work/go to TAFE. I do believe in rehabilitation. I think all people have the potential to be good, with care and direction. I in no way think this act was good, and believe he needs to b in jail for a long, long time. I also believe in justice for the victims.

I truly do not think that the perpetrator of this particular crime can be rehabilitated. But what a wonderful world it would be, if he could. Sociopaths can still somehow mix into society, they just have to work harder at it. Not all dangerous killers are loners.

hey just thought of this....

i'm sure you all have seen the crime scene pictures of the blood drops left in the street. did you think they were very close together? i think if the blood drops were that close together it would indicate he was walking away from the scene and not running???

I'm not sure how bad the cuts were, but if he spent an hour at the scene after he had killed them, wouldn't the blood have dried? How did he leave blood drops walking away from the scene? Unless it was bloody footprints on the deceased's blood.

I wish i could find the article on it. I just googled it and found several references that said DNA could determine age. They mentioned something about the length of something starting with a 'T' Ohh well i guess is irrelavant to this.

You're probably talking about Telomeres. I think there's been recent research focusing on them as a tool for measuring age from conception, but it's a fairly new concept (not tried and tested) and doubt it would be used widely in the forensics. Not yet anyway.

Generally it's accepted that you can't determine age from DNA alone. Usually from what i understand, in forensics, analysis is done by analyzing VTNR's (variable tandem number repeats) which are just DNA repeat sequences with the polymerase chain reaction (PCR profiling). Provides a sample unique to an individual and can also determine sex. Can also be used to test genetic relationships between individuals, such as parentage tests .. and so can be used to see if one individual is related to another. They use mitochondrial DNA to test for females, since mitochondrial dna is passed down specifically from mother to child. And they use the Y chromosome to determine father-child relationship, (XX female; XY male).

So it's possible he didn't even have to give his DNA, did he? I don't know. They could have collected from another family member to determine there was a genetic match to the sample found at the scene and to a male in the family. Then it would just be a matter of figuring out who it was, by taking samples from each male in the family, suspect and brother?

Anyway, yea dna can only determine sex of culprit and provide a unique genetic fingerprint for that particular person. Don't know if this has been covered, just thought i'd throw it in there for good measure. I'm doing my MSc in biology and have studied genetics.

Agree, it is unusual for him to be seen repeatedly in the same clothes. And yes mental preoccupation perhaps...or like you said earlier just dismal self esteem..

The one thing that we all assume is that Mum & Dad were asleep. They were visiting friends in the city and I think that it said in one of the reports that they weren't expect back till the next day. So after everyone has left the party JD comes back to spend the rest of the night with CR ,as a caring boyfriend will do if your girlfriend was sick.
Mum & Dad come home find them in bed together, maybe they were asleep. Dad loses his Cool, neighbour hears the Domestic, man, women screaming. If it was you finding your daughter like that I think you would lose it.
Say dad grabs JD and drags him into the kitchen and starts to slap him around, JD sees the knives in the block and grabs one and goes bersek.
That would explain the cuts on JD because as the blood was getting on the knife it became slippery and his hand was sliding on to the blade. Dad drops to the floor and JD trys to do a runner, Mum confronts him and he takes to her and she goes down. CR comes out of the bedroom and goes hysterical, JD panics and takes the knife to her.
He has time to calm down and tries to make it look like a phycopath sex nutter did it.
He goes to the school, remember the alarm went off, he cleans up there, all schools have fantastic first aid rooms. He could easily hide the knife in the ceiling cavity in the school. He had enough time to clean up and calm down, then go home to wake up to a new day. Possible??

Anything is possible. I personally do not think it happened like that, but truly do not know, however, I think the school alarm going off is quite a coincidence. Maybe that's where he prepped up. And yes, the weapon could have easily been hidden there.

I truly do not think that the perpetrator of this particular crime can be rehabilitated. But what a wondeful world it would be, if he could. Sociopaths can still somehow mix into society. Not all dangerous killers are loners.

No you cannot grow a conscience, no two ways about it, they cannot be saved and will continue to cause harm throughout their lives....

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/psychopath/

awesome movie on the subject you can watch online at link.

I'm not sure how bad the cuts were, but if he spent an hour at the scene after he had killed them, wouldn't the blood have dried? How did he leave blood drops walking away from the scene? Unless it was bloody footprints on the deceased's blood.

Theorectically, if the actual acts had stopped an hour prior to him leaving. I think he continued his acts til right before he left the house. Maybe he may have stood back for a few moments to admire his handiwork (sorry, that is not meant to be awful - I mean in his own twisted mind!). That would explain the fresh blood drops. There has still not been a lot of info released re the actual damage done to the poor family and I have heard RUMOURS. I do not wish to discuss and I think some of the details were mentioned at the early parts of this discussion and were edited off. And probably rightfully so. It's just so awful. Too awful for words. I think it says a lot re the fact there are so many people on this forum from around the affected area - we are all trying to absorb it! Well, I am anyway. It's too much for me to understand and I feel so helpless.:((

You're probably talking about Telomeres. I think there's been recent research focusing on them as a tool for measuring age from conception, but it's a fairly new concept (not tried and tested) and doubt it would be used widely in the forensics. Not yet anyway.

Thankyou thats was it!

Yes, one of them was indeed, only a month prior.
Thank you, and please do not take offence to my comments or opinion. They are just that.

It's ok Sniff I take no offense what so ever :innocent:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. <modsnip> No one not even the victims family have been given many facts because at this point none can be given as it is an ongoing investigation. I am on the fence, I have no idea if he is guilty or innocent. The wonderful thing about this country is you're innocent till proven guilty, well that's the way it is meant to work. I guess I will make an opinion when we have more valid facts. But what I know from being a local I will not condemn someone till there is valid proof. I will not put my own innuendo forth because truly I have no idea what happened in that house on that night nor will I pretend that I do.

I truly do not think that the perpetrator of this particular crime can be rehabilitated. But what a wonderful world it would be, if he could. Sociopaths can still somehow mix into society, they just have to work harder at it. Not all dangerous killers are loners.

True, not all dangerous killers are loners, but to me, from the past life he hasn't shown that many features of a sociopath. This seemed like a single act in his life - noone has reported things like him lighting fires, killing animals, all that. And a boy's brain is not fully developed at 18 - still growing to 25. Plus, all people continue learn until they are 100, if taught adequately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb