GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he works as a machanic :) I would say he would have work boots...when they went to get the shoes surely they would have been able to do a test of some kind to detect blood at the time, OR perhaps they took all of them, and left him with a pair? I don't know about you, but if I was an investigator I would take the lot and say 'sort it out' regarding replacement footwear.

If I was a killer I would definitely dump the lot, shoes, clothes, weapon. And there would be a bonfire involved.

What other possible ways are there to obliterate evidence?

I think he dumped all of it in a barrel of oil or transmission fluid. He knows only two things Basketball and mechanic....unless he stuffed them in a basketball (laugh) I bet it is a barrel somewhere. He wouldn't expect anyone to search it because of the toxic nature of the substance. The old oil would be dark in nature, would soak into the clothes if the cops even did uncover it.

Maybe the 'barrel' is the key word here. Maybe he could have thought about the bodies in barrels case at snowtown and that gave him an idea to hide the clothes and the weapon in a barrel of oil at his work. It would mean he had to have driven there, but we dont know 100% where he worked.

One question here,

If he left a trail of blood leading out of the house (which could be his own, or something he stepped in) why does the trail end so soon? If he walked home, shouldn't there be traces of blood for the length of the street, or at least longer than what it was?

If he got into a car, that would explain the trail ending, but then to find no blood in his car is surprising. Maybe he didn't use his own car?

Reports said they were foot prints which means its highly likely its not his blood. I reckon the reason they ended was that he could have taken his shoes off and carried them and then walked bare foot. Or he left in a car but there isn't much reports of a car leaving the street that i have heard of.

you guys have sewers there?

No, not sure about Kapunda, but in surrounding towns we do have drainage on the sides of roads which ends up in the river. On a dirt road, I don't think they have those.

Well if I lived there and knew where he lived and worked...I would take that drive and think panic if you just did what he did, what would you do? I bet it would stick out like a sore thumb.

What other possible ways are there to obliterate evidence?

You know..it's bad for the perp. It would be nearly impossible to get rid of all the evidence, there would have to be some transfer, from himself, to a vehicle, trace once he got home, evidence in his hair that falls out in the vehicle and back at home, fibres from the home, from his home and clothes at the crime scene, fibres at the crime scene that match clothing fibres at his home from clothes that have since been disposed of....near impossible to obliterate all evidence.

Does that police department have a GREAT crime scene evidence collector and lab? How long were they in that house collecting evidence? One day, two, three? I would imagine it would take at least two days to process that crime scene if not more.

In the first thread there was a poster who said he had inside information from a journalist. He sounded very credible, but of course, it is still only a rumour. His post has now been edited. The description he originally gave of the crime scene and what was done to both Chantelle and to her mother was horrific and very graphic. If his account is true then it makes sense why the Police visibly baulked when entering the front door.

I remember that post. Yeah, I could see how seasoned cops would have baulked at the crime scene.

Does that police department have a GREAT crime scene evidence collector and lab? How long were they in that house collecting evidence? One day, two, three? I would imagine it would take at least two days to process that crime scene if not more.

We know now that they went once before his arrest, but were back the next day to go over it more thoroughly....and yes, good crime lab.

Since he works as a machanic I would say he would have work boots...when they went to get the shoes surely they would have been able to do a test of some kind to detect blood at the time, OR perhaps they took all of them, and left him with a pair? I don't know about you, but if I was an investigator I would take the lot and say 'sort it out' regarding replacement footwear.

If I was a killer I would definitely dump the lot, shoes, clothes, weapon. And there would be a bonfire involved.

Yeah most mechanics are required to wear steel capped work boots, all part of OH&S

Yes burning it would be the smart thing to do i reckon.

you guys have sewers there? Old wells?

There is a place near Kapunda called Bagot Well, but im not exactly sure if there is a well there anymore?

Since he was at the house for a party the previous night, there is bound to be evidence of the hair and fingerprint variety of him being there.

How can they tell if the evidence is for Saturday night agt the party or Sunday at the murder scene?

As for disposing of a knife - As a mechanic he would have had access to a grinder. He could have ground it to dust and disposed of the dust anywhere.

Since he was at the house for a party the previous night, there is bound to be evidence of the hair and fingerprint variety of him being there.

How can they tell if the evidence is for Saturday night agt the party or Sunday at the murder scene?

Yes, that would explain some of it, but fibre evidence, say if there is a high concentration of a certain fibre on CR's PJ's for example, or even on her skin that would suggest a very recent transfer. If it is on her parents or their clothes that would be even harder to explain. Fingerprints in blood ~ impossible to explain away.

As for disposing of a knife - As a mechanic he would have had access to a grinder. He could have ground it to dust and disposed of the dust anywhere.

I doubt the machanic place would be open out of office hours for him to do something like that, he's only an apprentice, doubt he has keys to the place.

Plus, if there's blood on the knife, it would leave blood in the grinder and scattered around the whole workshop wherever dust landed.

100% agree there. I also suggested this ages ago about cutting it into small bits or just grind it to dust (its what i reckon i would do or bury it somewhere), but where could he have done this? surely his mum would have heard him start up a grinder in the shed and i dont think an apprentice would have his own personal key to get access to the workshop after hours?

Plus, if there's blood on the knife, it would leave blood in the grinder and scattered around the whole workshop wherever dust landed.

Yeah but surely you would think to wipe the knife off first

Anyone find any more info on the house? its 5 Harriet street. I couldnt really find anything yet.

Reports said they were foot prints which means its highly likely its not his blood. I reckon the reason they ended was that he could have taken his shoes off and carried them and then walked bare foot. Or he left in a car but there isn't much reports of a car leaving the street that i have heard of.

"police placed about 25 evidence markers at intervals along the footpath leading south from the crime scene. It is believed the markers were placed where spots of blood had been found on the ground"

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/police-search-house-near-where-three-bodies-were-found-in-kapunda-south-australia/story-e6frfku0-1225949938978#ixzz14kJaN4SD

Yeah but surely you would thi k to whipe the knife off first

There would likely still be blood where the blade and handle meet, assuming it's not a one-piece knife.

Yeah but surely you would think to wipe the knife off first

And so then what to do with the cloth/rag?

Also, depending on the knife, there could be blood stuck in grooves or between the blade and the hilt.

Court will be open to the public tomorrow. The matter will be conducted via video link. The courtroom has a large screen/monitor and the accused will be seen on that screen and he will speak/respond as required. Any person will be allowed to enter the courtroom, as our system is open justice. This is with the exception of Childrens Court and Family Law Court matters which are conducted as closed courts for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member