GUILTY Australia - Carly McBride, 31, murdered, Muswellbrook, NSW, 30 Sept 2014 *Trial in 2021*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually I just remembered - I was in Muswellbrook recently for a cousin's funeral and stopped in at Hungry
Jacks for a (terrible) coffee. Forensics was there too.

It says the boyfriend kept trying to call her after she went missing. Can't the police track the phone through the provider? They have before to locate missing persons.

According to her boyfriend, this photo of Carly was taken by him on the day she disappeared, apparently when they were travelling to Muswellbrook. Carly is seen wearing a sleeveless striped top.

https://www.facebook.com/CARLYMCBRIDENSW

According to this article Carly was last seen wearing blue jeans, sandals and a yellow T-shirt, and she was carrying a tan handbag. Her boyfriend has also stated this is what she was wearing. So did Carly change her top before visiting her daughter or is the boyfriend confused about when that photo was taken?

BBM.

He said she changed. It's on the Facebook page somewhere

He said she changed. It's on the Facebook page somewhere

Thanks Oddsocks. I didn't see that. I'll go back and wade through all of the messages again. It's strange that Newson says that their trip to Musswelbrook was fun and full of laughter. Carly was still laughing when she got out of the car. He even states that he was naked at the time of taking the photo, yet according to MSM he stated that Carly was in an agitated state that day and he felt that something just wasn't right.

ETA. Nup, can't find where he said Carly changed her top.

Thanks Oddsocks. I didn't see that. I'll go back and wade through all of the messages again. It's strange that Newson says that their trip to Musswelbrook was fun and full of laughter. Carly was still laughing when she got out of the car. He even states that he was naked at the time of taking the photo, yet according to MSM he stated that Carly was in an agitated state that day and he felt that something just wasn't right.

ETA. Nup, can't find where he said Carly changed her top.

Comment under this post:

https://www.facebook.com/CARLYMCBRIDENSW/posts/1492825484331621

I think it's very strange that "she" deleted her facebook the day before she went missing

Thanks Sleep. Totally missed that one.

I think it's very strange that "she" deleted her facebook the day before she went missing

I'm wondering if Carly has in fact taken off for reasons only known to herself and her family? Could she be in hiding somewhere? Although the Homicide Squad are now involved and they're not called in on a whim.

Oh dear! Perhaps Mr. Newson would like to join us here and explain what happened the day Carly disappeared. We're certainly not getting much from MSM (mainstream media). No-one here is pointing the finger at Mr. Newson or anyone else for that matter. I think all of Australia would like to see Carly return home safely and we're only too willing to help wherever possible to make this happen.

Peace.

https://www.facebook.com/CARLYMCBRIDENSW/posts/1492825484331621#!/CARLYMCBRIDENSW

Yes I do t see what's been said here that is problematic and I see no finger pointing

The help find carly mcbride page has now been taken over by her dad last night and SN vanished off fb not long after. It's great to see that it's in better hands now :)

So what's the latest? Any news?
In response to a earlier comment inquiring about Australian media coverage in relation to 'cultural differences' in this instance, Carly's heritage may very well have played a role in how seriously this case was initially taken and account somewhat for the lack of media attention and public outcry as indeed Indigenous issues and stories in general are often neglected in this country, (unless to reinforce negative stereotypes of Indigenous communities). However, in saying that, Australias media is very different from the US in dealing with crime and missing persons cases and only on rare occasions do they receive widespread coverage. Perhaps because of our small population Australia isn't as experienced or equipped in dealing with relatively low incidence of missing persons, for example because low prevelance systems like Amber Alerts for missing children have not been established. Australian LE arent sophisticated in exploiting the media as a investagive tool to relay and gather information and to generate attention to these cases. Media in Austrslia seem to be more aware rights and privacy of their subjects and are usually less prone to sensationalism which also influemces how they cover a story, re: William Tyrell

Just wondering if Carlys ex, the father of her daughter apparently visited the day she went missing, has ever confirmed that Carly did indeed arrive and leave that day. Has he anything to contribute in the way of information to Carly's search? It would make sense given it was the last place she was known to have visited for police to undertake search warrants of that premises but I haven't heard it reported.

Just wondering if Carlys ex, the father of her daughter apparently visited the day she went missing, has ever confirmed that Carly did indeed arrive and leave that day. Has he anything to contribute in the way of information to Carly's search? It would make sense given it was the last place she was known to have visited for police to undertake search warrants of that premises but I haven't heard it reported.
Her current partner Sayle dropped her off at the ex's house to visit her daughter.

Her and the ex had an argument and it's alleged she left his house by foot

I'm not sure if LE done any sort of forensic testing at the ex's house, they may have just treated it as a simple missing person case at the start

If foul play occurred at the ex's, evidence would be long gone by now

There hasn't been much reported in MSM media, it seems to me LE lacked interest from the start and should of done more from the get go

If foul play occurred at the ex's, evidence would be long gone by now

There hasn't been much reported in MSM media, it seems to me LE lacked interest from the start and should of done more from the get go

Yeah, I suspected this may have been the case regarding what youve said about the response, or lack of, from police and media....which is so frustrating and depressing. Ive only just learnt about this case so Ill take your word for it.
Re the last place Carly was sighted, certainly some important evidence may have been lost by now but some forensic material, clues, evidence are difficult to destroy or obscure, or may be simply overlooked through any potential 'clean up' of a crime scene. I would have thought a thorough search of the last place a missing person was known to have visited would be standard proceedure. If a search warrant has not been excecuted in this case Id be questioning *why?* It all goes towards eliminating suspects amongst those closest to her and its common practice to focus on the last known person to have interacted with a victim of foul play. Its also frustrating therre was a delay in collecting CCTV footage from around the immediate area, which could have been used to verify the exs story of Carly having set off on foot towards McDonalds and to ascertain if and when Carly actually left his house that day.
Was it the current boyfriend who initially alerted police? Was contact made with the police the day she went missing? I

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator
Back