Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE 7.21PM: A DISTRAUGHT Garth Campbell has appeared on national television tonight pleading with the person or persons who took his infant daughter from her bed.

The father asked that his daughter not be harmed.

"Just don't hurt her, she's just tiny," he said.

Mr Campbell told Channel Nine he believed whoever took his daughter was known to the family because Chloe was not sleeping in her bedroom but in the lounge with her sisters.

He said he could not help but think of the Daniel Morcombe case.

The search for the child has widened to bushland, open paddocks and cane fields on the edge of Childers

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/frantic-search-find-missing-three-year-old-girl/2225921/

Just watched the video of the dad. My thoughts are going in different directions.
On one hand the dad looked worried, distraught.
On the other hand dad didn't appear IMHO to be really crying. THis doesnt really mean anything, just my observation.
The picture of Chloe in the vid..... she looks sick......or something. She looks to me like she has bags under her eyes. I agree.

was it a warm night lastnight? maybe the lounge was where the airconditioner was so they all bunked down to keep cool.

Thanks Kailee :)

School holidays are on in Qld. Three children, ages 8, 5 & 3."Camping" in the lounge could have been a fun night for them because it's holiday time.

I missed the news and haven't seen the clip of Chloe's dad making his appeal - has anyone had any luck finding a link to that snippet?

I don't put too much stock in how any parent's emotional state appear on tv news broadcasts - as expected, they'd be out of their minds with worry and who knows how that manifests itself in front of cameras and reporters.

And yes it is still warm up here - I'm up and down turning my ceiling fan on and off all night.

We have a remote control for ours - best invention ever. Just keep it by your bedside table. I think we got ours from Bunnings for around $30. Fan itself was from Cetnaj.

I missed the news and haven't seen the clip of Chloe's dad making his appeal - has anyone had any luck finding a link to that snippet?

I don't put too much stock in how any parent's emotional state appear on tv news broadcasts - as expected, they'd be out of their minds with worry and who knows how that manifests itself in front of cameras and reporters.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...s-near-bundaberg/story-fnii5v6w-1226879595138

http://video.news.ninemsn.com.au/live/brisbane

UPDATE 7.21PM: A DISTRAUGHT Garth Campbell has appeared on national television tonight pleading with the person or persons who took his infant daughter from her bed.

The father asked that his daughter not be harmed.

"Just don't hurt her, she's just tiny," he said.

Mr Campbell told Channel Nine he believed whoever took his daughter was known to the family because Chloe was not sleeping in her bedroom but in the lounge with her sisters.

He said he could not help but think of the Daniel Morcombe case.

The search for the child has widened to bushland, open paddocks and cane fields on the edge of Childers

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/frantic-search-find-missing-three-year-old-girl/2225921/

But Chloe didn't have a bedroom????

I'm not sure why he thinks it must be someone the family knew because she was in the lounge with her sisters, rather than in a room all by herself? Surely a child is easier to abduct from their bedroom - not in a room with another 2 children who could easily wake up. And the lounge would have been harder to access, seeing as it didn't have an open window. So the "abductor" must have had to have walked through the house ... but then left through the window by jumping onto a car with Chloe, rather than just going out of the window? Or am I missing something here.

I'm very confused with this one. The first reports were all stating that Chloe was taken from "her bedroom". The window of "her bedroom" was left open. A car was parked "beneath her bedroom". As it is now obvious that such a room didn't exist, why was this information allowed to be published as fact, and used by the police in their search for Chloe. Even if it was a mistake the first time, surely one of the family would have immediately corrected it.

This bit also caught my attention. "He said he could not help but think of the Daniel Morcombe case"? Daniel was a teenager, Chloe is a 3 year old girl. Daniel was abducted in broad daylight from a bus stop, Chloe has gone missing from her house. I can't see the connection at all? Unless he thinks the ending is going to be the same, that she will be found deceased? Maybe its just me, but it seems a strange connection to make.

All MOO.

Okay so after watching the edited video of dad for the first time (and only once) I actually think he is genuine. I will watch it a few more times. I still have concerns about the distance of the car from the house but dad's interview isn't sending up huge red flags for me. I do feel uncomfortable watching it but that's probably because of the pain and raw emotion. Nobody is ever comfortable watching someone going through such a harrowing ordeal.

I'm not sure why he thinks it must be someone the family knew because she was in the lounge with her sisters, rather than in a room all by herself? Surely a child is easier to abduct from their bedroom - not in a room with another 2 children who could easily wake up. And the lounge would have been harder to access, seeing as it didn't have an open window. So the "abductor" must have had to have walked through the house ... but then left through the window by jumping onto a car with Chloe, rather than just going out of the window? Or am I missing something here.

I'm very confused with this one. The first reports were all stating that Chloe was taken from "her bedroom". The window of "her bedroom" was left open. A car was parked "beneath her bedroom". As it is now obvious that such a room didn't exist, why was this information allowed to be published as fact, and used by the police in their search for Chloe. Even if it was a mistake the first time, surely one of the family would have immediately corrected it.

This bit also caught my attention. "He said he could not help but think of the Daniel Morcombe case"? Daniel was a teenager, Chloe is a 3 year old girl. Daniel was abducted in broad daylight from a bus stop, Chloe has gone missing from her house. I can't see the connection at all? Unless he thinks the ending is going to be the same, that she will be found deceased? Maybe its just me, but it seems a strange connection to make.

All MOO.

everything you have said above is exactly what I think.....and I am guessing quite a few others on here, it just doesn't add up with the lounge room, and window and the other kids sleeping in the lounge room as well....

<modsnip>

This is all very very scary and very unusual in Queensland, let alone a small town that size...

All MOO.

There are definitely inconsistencies but that is pretty common with the Australian media when they're all rushing to be the first with breaking news.

I'm thinking the Daniel Morcombe case is just super fresh on everyone's minds here in Qld - I doubt there would be many parents here (of children of any age) who weren't keenly aware of all the details surrounding Daniel's disappearance, and the fact that his killer has just been convicted means it's been in the news an awful lot lately.

Hope chloe is found safe and sound. Poor lil thing must be terrified. If she did know the person who took her I guess that could be why no one heard her or maybe she is a heavy sleeper. I know I can pick up my 4 yr old when he is asleep and he never wakes up :/ don't think I could get him out of a window though... Maybe they excited through the front?

Oh no :( I hope she is found safe... can't help getting a Mikael Kular vibe here, maybe it's just similarities in age, had been sick, abnormal sleeping situation, and the hand print/foot print. Please let my gut be wrong!

Oh no :( I hope she is found safe... can't help getting a Mikael Kular vibe here, maybe it's just similarities in age, had been sick, abnormal sleeping situation, and the hand print/foot print. Please let my gut be wrong!

That was my immediate thought too, sadly. Hope I'm wrong to immediately find connections, and that they are purely coincidental.

Thanks Amee - finally got to see it on the link from nine. Seeing the window and car from different angles in that clip, it is definitely much lower to the ground than it appeared in that earlier pic. I don't think anyone would have trouble clambering up and in that window at all. It could be a bedroom window (the reporters at the news desk in that clip from this evening still mentioned bedroom window I noticed) and an intruder happened to access the house there to pass through the bedroom and into the living room.

So going by the dad's interview he was first one to see the footprint on the car. So I would assume he told police as soon as they arrived. So it wasn't the police discovering this evidence themselves upon checking the house. I find that interesting..

Just saw the video of the dad. I don't believe he had anything to do with it. He looks distraught. I'm sure words are just coming out at random due to be so upset. :( JMO though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState