Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chloe's Dad crying and saying Chloe is his best friend.
Chloe has 2 older sisters and a baby brother.

The window was not locked.
Chloe was NOT sleeping in her bedroom, but was in the lounge room with her sisters.
This makes the family think someone who knew them took Chloe... since they knew where she was sleeping.

http://video.news.ninemsn.com.au/live/brisbane

:what:

the person who took Sophie has taken a lot of risks.? How would they know the baby wasnt being fed and not disturbing the other kids plus taking Sophies rug and teddy along with Sophie without being heard.?

MOO

What does this even mean?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-near-bundaberg/story-fnihsrf2-1226879595138

Deputy Local Controller of the Childers SES Aaron Frazer said while the girl’s family generally kept to themselves, they were well known in town.

I'm never one to point fingers at family members, but I wondered the same thing about the "well known in town" part. Could just be that it's a small town and everyone knows everyone else kind of thing I guess - but the wording is a bit odd. I'm about 2 hours away and it was dark outside here already at 6:00pm - the early darkness seems to have just crept up on us in the past week or so.

The house would be a queenslander of sorts - one that's probably undergone lots of changes over the years, including bricking in below IMO. It wasn't uncommon for people a few decades ago to try and modernise them with brickwork, new roof shapes and sliding windows etc. It's hard to gauge the height of that window due to the photo being taken from above - but I still don't think it would be a quiet or simple way to gain access to a house. I wonder if that's the right window? It looks kind of grubby on the wall below it - my first thought was that it looked more like a kitchen window where folks have flung their tea or coffee dregs (or more) outside before washing up.

I almost hope there is an ex or other estranged family member involved, which could mean Chloe is safe with a family member perhaps.

I think the Dad seemed sincere, it would be hard to feign such strong emotion. Also in regards to Chloes photo, my oldest daughter, looks a mess from about 5 mins after I get her ready in the morning, never mind after a busy day (she also needs a haircut). I don't think that photo indicates anything sinister. Poor Chloe, its dark in Melbourne now, so I'm guessing the search is wrapping up.

Chloe's Dad crying and saying Chloe is his best friend.
Chloe has 2 older sisters and a baby brother.

The window was not locked.
Chloe was NOT sleeping in her bedroom, but was in the lounge room with her sisters.
This makes the family think someone who knew them took Chloe... since they knew where she was sleeping.

http://video.news.ninemsn.com.au/live/brisbane

It's strange that the other kids didn't see or hear anything.

I guess a house that size would have more than 1 lounge?

They went to sleep about one o’clock in the morning after watching TV. They have woken up at seven o’clock and (Chloe) was not in her bed,” close family friend Melissa Small said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...s-near-bundaberg/story-fnii5v6w-1226879595138

Chloe Campbell was reported missing from her home in Ridgeway Street, Childers, about 6:00am (AEST).

Police say her parents checked on her and went to sleep around midnight but when they woke, she was not in her bed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-...irl-abducted-from-home-near-bundaberg/5380298

She wasn't in her bed, now which bed do they mean? The bed in the lounge room or the bed in her bedroom?

I missed the dad's interview. Anyone have a link?
I'm finding the sleeping place very strange. The dad said it has to be someone they know as they knew where Chloe slept. So sleeping in the lounge is usual? And how did the other girls not hear anything?
And this person apparently got in through the only unlocked window, which just happened to be her bedroom?

THE father of missing three-year-old Chloe Campbell believes someone who knows the family took her.

Garth Campbell says there is no way his youngest daughter could have left their family home alone.

When he awoke on Thursday morning, Chloe, who usually sleeps in the lounge, was missing.

A window was open and when he looked out, an adult-sized footprint was on the car.

Chloe’s sleeping bag - patterned with wizards and dragons - was gone as well as her trusty companion, a stuffed toy dog named Gnarly.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...s-near-bundaberg/story-fnii5v6w-1226879595138

link to dads interview

Hmmm. So someone pole vaulted through the window from the top of the car (one footed no less) and went through the window to an empty room but knew where to find 3 girls and only took one of them. Without the others knowing. I guess I should bow out now because nobody has been named as a suspect and I can't discuss my thoughts at this stage.

I hope I'm wrong.

Eta: I want to stress that having a grubby kid isn't a crime. Although I wouldn't let my child permanently sleep in the living room with a sleeping bag, it is possible that poverty MIGHT be an issue here and some parents do what they can to take care of their kids.

I would like to watch dads interview. <modsnip>

Hmmm. So someone pole vaulted through the window from the top of the car (one footed no less) and went through the window but knew where to find 3 girls and only took one of them. Without the others knowing. I guess I should bow out now because nobody has been named as a suspect and I can't discuss my thoughts at this rage.

I hope I'm wrong.

They also took a sleeping bag for her.... Sleeping bags are bulky and not something I would imagine that an abductor would take. :twocents:

So the sisters have their own room, but she is stuck in the lounge? So whose room does that window belong to?

Ive got no idea unless its the sisters room. The baby must sleep in with the parents.

So the other kids/possible witnesses are:
Girl - 7.5 years old (She will be 8 in August, born in 2006 according to Mom, article is wrong)
Girl - 5 years old
Baby boy 4 months old

One of those girls may have been woken up if they were sleeping with Chloe. :dunno:
I wonder if they had a weird dream that night... maybe she was taken and they only woke up halfway?
It's possible they just don't remember right now... like MK Smart. :twocents:

They also took a sleeping bag for her.... Sleeping bags are bulky and not something I would imagine that an abductor would take. :twocents:

Yes now its the sleeping bag as well? I would imagine taking a child in a sleeping bag would make a lot of noise (ie the rustling sound of the bag as the child kicked in fright)
Though if it's someone well known to her, did she go willingly (and quietly?)
Though most 3yo's wouldn't go anywhere in the middle of the night.

There have been a lot of home invasions in my area lately. I absolutely believe that strangers will enter a home but unless dad is right and they knew them - and where Chloe was - there are too many gaps in this story at this stage.

Happy to admit I'm wrong at a later stage. Certainly hoping that it's not the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste