Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it he acted alone when there were two people on that video with Chloe walking away? Geez I just lost all faith in Queensland Police .. I thought they were onto it, now it seems that this guy handed himself in, and they're happy to put the whole thing to bed. Argh! I hope this guy hasn't been put forth as someone to take the fall when there were others involved.

Or not, whatever, this is one of the craziest cases I've ever followed.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/man-charged-alleged-abduction-chloe-campbell/2231485/

Speaking at a press conference in Childers today, Detective Inspector Bruce McNab said at this stage, all indications were that the man acted alone.

"I think it's safe to say that he has no links to the family," he said.

"Everything at this stage is indicating he acted alone."

Det Insp McNab said investigations were still under way to determine whether the family from being specifically targeted by the alleged offender.

"He was not known to the family and there was obviously a reason he selected the family but I don't want to go into much more than that."

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!?? I am so confused. I really hope they fill us in a bit more. What was with all the drug debt stuff then, was that coming from friends rather than police? Me confused.

Reminder folks regarding facebook pages, only main stream media, police & if the page belongs to a victim or suspect.

You can paraphrase a comment but you must provide the link.

Discussing those comments is then not allowed.

How is it he acted alone when there were two people on that video with Chloe walking away?

That's what I would like to know, surely if it had been someone else with a different child walking that route and caught on camera they would have come forward? Its all very weird.

hired gun maybe?
(if not a sex crime)

He's facing three charges: burglary, child stealing and deprivation of liberty - so this was not a sex crime.

This is getting more and more perplexing... a 45 year old man with children of his own, living on the outskirts of town, returns child to Showgrounds soon after CCTV images are released. If they are confident he acted alone, the CCTV footage must not be Chloe? And if he's being charged with burglary, he took her from the house and not the park. So who are the men and child in the CCTV? this case is doing my head in :scared: :)

He is appearing in court this morning isn't he? how can we access the court list for the day?

How is it he acted alone when there were two people on that video with Chloe walking away? Geez I just lost all faith in Queensland Police .. I thought they were onto it, now it seems that this guy handed himself in, and they're happy to put the whole thing to bed. Argh! I hope this guy hasn't been put forth as someone to take the fall when there were others involved.

Or not, whatever, this is one of the craziest cases I've ever followed.

It's never been confirmed that that was chloe in the CCTV footage, and it hasn't been mentioned in the recent articles, they've only spoken about clothes

If this guy handed himself in - it could be a crazy person - and then police have got the upperhand in terms of breaking the case wide open. Who knows maybe he had nothing to do with it and maybe the charges will be dropped when they talk further with him.

just on Sunrise - detective said it is safe to say the person arrested is no link to the family. Neighbour (blurred face) said he thought there was no one home on the Thursday-Saturday, so he was shocked.

Man will appear this morning in Bundaberg Court - can anyone get the daily list?

Here is the court list for today ...

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__external/CourtsLawList/Bundaberg.htm

Not sure if he will be on it though ... as he was arrested at 11pm last night. Court list would have been published before that, and may not be updated, unless he is the last person on the list.

First time I looked the last person's appearance just said Mention, then when I refreshed the screen it included Sentence. Would seem weird for someone to be Sentenced already, if they just handed themselves in last night.

Burglary, does that mean items were stolen from the house along with Chloe?

Well, noboby could ever call Childers boring, all sorts of crazy going on.

If this guy handed himself in - it could be a crazy person - and then police have got the upperhand in terms of breaking the case wide open. Who knows maybe he had nothing to do with it and maybe the charges will be dropped when they talk further with him.

I just don't see them making an arrest unless they thought he did it. Not with all the detectives working on this plus taking DNA.

just on Sunrise - detective said it is safe to say the person arrested is no link to the family.

yet yesterday detectives said it was a "definite targeted attack".

You can't really have one and not the other.

Here is the court list for today ...

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__external/CourtsLawList/Bundaberg.htm

Not sure if he will be on it though ... as he was arrested at 11pm last night. Court list would have been published before that, and may not be updated, unless he is the last person on the list.

I found that link also, but it is only showing Tuesday's list, nothing for today. I looked at Maryborough Court List, and same deal, only Tuesday is appearing. Sometimes small towns only have Court Hearings on certain days. :jail:

At first the no link to the family had me baffled but he could have links to the people who gave GC threats. He could be a guy that does the dirty work.

Det Insp McNab said police investigations revealed the alleged abductor was a person of interest.

"Basically as a result of this investigation this person was identified as a person of interest and detectives went and spoke to the person and certain admissions were made by the offender that was corroborated by some of the material we were developing as they day went by," he said.

"I said yesterday the investigation was moving at a rapid pace and it certainly did that yesterday afternoon.

"We had one piece of information that came to us and then that was enlarged into the arrest last night.

Det Insp McNab said the alleged abductor was also not one of the 20 people who gave DNA and finger and foot prints to police, but said the man was being monitored.

"Intel staff had been tracking this man's movements," he said.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/man-charged-alleged-abduction-chloe-campbell/2231485/

Det Insp McNab said the alleged abductor was also not one of the 20 people who gave DNA and finger and foot prints to police, but said the man was being monitored.

"Intel staff had been tracking this man's movements," he said.

[/url]

and yet they let him drive 45 minutes south to maryborough :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members