Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it have been a coincidence, that gc had received threats, and just assumed that that the threat had been carried out without considering it may have had nothing to do with the threats at all, just a random crazy?

Det Insp McNab said police investigations revealed the alleged abductor was a person of interest.

"Basically as a result of this investigation this person was identified as a person of interest and detectives went and spoke to the person and certain admissions were made by the offender that was corroborated by some of the material we were developing as they day went by," he said.

"I said yesterday the investigation was moving at a rapid pace and it certainly did that yesterday afternoon.

"We had one piece of information that came to us and then that was enlarged into the arrest last night.

Det Insp McNab said the alleged abductor was also not one of the 20 people who gave DNA and finger and foot prints to police, but said the man was being monitored.

"Intel staff had been tracking this man's movements," he said.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/man-charged-alleged-abduction-chloe-campbell/2231485/

BBM: Perhaps he has a criminal history or is an RSO.

How is it he acted alone when there were two people on that video with [CC] walking away? Geez I just lost all faith in Queensland Police .. I thought they were onto it, now it seems that this guy handed himself in, and they're happy to put the whole thing to bed. Argh! I hope this guy hasn't been put forth as someone to take the fall when there were others involved.

Or not, whatever, this is one of the craziest cases I've ever followed.

I didn't see it confirmed that was actually CC on that video. I don't think it was confirmed GC was seen on cctv either. So maybe those videos were unrelated? I have to wonder if between the goofy friends and the media if maybe things weren't really mucked up on this case all the way around. No wonder they needed more detectives brought in! Sheesh... crazy case indeed!!

Edit: removed name and inserted initials in my own post and Mrs G Norris's post

I'm getting the impression this isn't a seasoned/serial criminal, given that he returned the girl and handed himself in.
prepared to be wrong though..

wish we had some more details :tantrum:

With this morning's reports telling us the child now can't be named for legal reasons, from here onwards please use initials only.

Turn to NBN Mornings if you can. They're about to start talking about the importance if evidence children give, wrt this case.

I find it hard to think that an RSO would brazenly break into someones house and take a child and then drop them back off. It doesn't sound like it fits the description of one. it was also said by the police that CC was a planned abduction. None of this makes any sense.

Right?! Maybe that's what he meant to burgle?? Got a child on accident? So gave her back? So confused. :banghead:

I was thinking about the burglary charge, wondering what could have been taken besides Cc, wondering if her possessions count as burglary, or if there was more taken
The dog has been mentioned a lot since she was found, but not the other 2 items, did le find them at the accuseds house? Keep them for forensics with her clothes? I've been curious too about what she wore for 2 days, if the dog was washed, assume her clothes were too, was she dressed in clothes that weren't hers? He took clothes from the home? She was running around naked for some of the time she was missing?

From NBN: nothing we didn't already know. What a waste of time. This is so basic.

Police give great weight to what children say. There are strict rules about how to question children. They have to build trust with the child. Traumatising events don't necessarily influence accuracy in a bad way, more important is the interview technique.

Steps:
1. Build rapport
2. Set ground rules
3. Explain steps
4. No leading question, only open ended questions.

Tone is incredibly important. Police can be seen as intimidating and if a child is scared they might phrase their answers differently.

Hi - first post on this board, but have been following with interest.

I had a quick look at the Qld Criminal Code and it appears:

1. Burglary does not require the offender to steal anything. It is the act of being in the premises with the intent of committing an indictable offence
2. Child stealing is similar to kidnapping. Child stealing just means taking the child, kidnapping involves taking someone with the intent of getting them or someone else to do something.
3. Deprivation of liberty is just holding someone against their will.

I expect the child stealing rather than kidnapping charge is easier to make a case of. All that needs to be proven is the child was taken without the parents' permission. For kidnapping, they need to prove that plus what the kidnapper was trying to achieve by taking the person. Doesn't matter really, the maximum penalty is the same - up to 7 years jail.

I expect the charges laid are just the start, enough to hold the offender on, and more charges will follow when the police establish more about what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway