Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is with her family and 100% fit, as far as all reports say .. it is just her clothes that have been taken for forensic testing I think. If they swabbed Chloe herself, I would think a doctor did that in the hospital quite soon after she was found.

If she has been abused, I don't think they will say. I don't think they necessarily tell us that in Australia. They do whatever is best for the child. But I don't get the vibe that she has been abused ... primarily because of how her mum and dad are acting.

I think that is what you are asking ... ?

Yes, sort of ! Often if/ when a child is found 'safe' , they determine soon after that they , although alive , are not 'unharmed' and its' always like a kick in the gut after the celebration of finding them to know they've endured what no one should endure. So in a case in the US where they continue using their name and photos, it's a GOOD sign that they are truly unharmed . Tks for your answer.

Just caught up after being out all day - great to see the pics of the family together at the hospital. Both parents look so different now that the stress has passed - I can't believe how different Garth looks and sounds now he has his daughter back - he's like a new man compared with how wild eyed and odd he sounded a couple of days ago. IMO it shows what that sort of grief and panic can do to some people - many just can't keep it together, especially in public when they are terrified and their emotions are running wild.

I do find it odd that one of their friends is so willing to be quoted in the press - why is she divulging info about what may or may not have happened. She has made statements with such certainty, but then qualifies them with an "if they are the ones who did this..."
I don't know, but I'd be mighty peeved if a friend was discussing my business so readily with the press - unless of course Chloe's parents have asked her or given permission to do so.

Yes Garth is looking a lot better. He looked really bad at first, understandably.

Pot makes everything funny, could it be a stupid prank gone terribly wrong?
If it was a 'big crime gang' I doubt they would have risked delivering Chloe safely back right under the police noses. In fact, I doubt chloe would have come home.

There's huge holes in this story.
HINKY METER OVERLOAD.

I think its time for me to take a break lol ive been following this since a couple of posts in the first thread lol. Enjoying everyones opinions and thoughts even i dont always agree but thats what this is all about. Hopefully tomorrow there will be more to the story. So glad she will be home tonight with her mum and dad and siblings. Not very often you get a happy ending. Love to you all and a good night sleep xx Thankyou!!! :seeya::loveyou:

time to watch some mind numbing tv Brittan and Irelands Next Top Model come at me!

I think its time for me to take a break lol ive been following this since a couple of posts in the first thread lol. Enjoying everyones opinions and thoughts even i dont always agree but thats what this is all about. Hopefully tomorrow there will be more to the story. So glad she will be home tonight with her mum and dad and siblings. Not very often you get a happy ending. Love to you all and a good night sleep xx Thankyou!!! :seeya::loveyou:

:countsheep::eek:fftobed:

Me too.

I'm a bit 'ugh' over this whole situation, I think if I was LE I'd want to arrest all suspects and sort out the truth in my own sweet time while everyone cooled their heels.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...s-against-father/story-fnii5v6w-1226881974862

Per link above...

Quote: "As police confirmed they were considering retribution as a motive, close friends described a threat against Garth that was so serious it was officially reported."

IMO... It would be interesting to view this "official report" to see what exactly the threat was... And who made the threat...

(That is... Of course... If it is true... And if Garth knew who made the threat...)

JMO

Seems a little absurd to me. He had threats .. he must have known who and why .. it is not like he woke up one day and found a dead fish on his doorstep.

I was thinking. (call the newspapers ;)) that perhaps even though he (the dad) hinted that it was done to punish him,that perhaps he did not tell the cops because he was worried they would hurt his daughter?
Perhaps he was threatened during the day. That drunken guy that hit him was very very angry. That is weird cause normally you do not hit a dad whose baby is missing.

When i read about that incident I was dumbfounded and thought it might have to do with the case.

I do hope the perpetrator(s) will be caught and punished.

Just wanted to bring possum's post over from the last thread. This is really interesting to me. Washed by a kind person? Washed to get rid of potential incriminating DNA?

More likely because it was manky JMO

Anyway, the truth will come out, cops aren't silly. Poor little thing. As if she could have wandered off out the window carrying her sleeping bag as well. Give me strength.

What a difference a day makes! In the latest video of Garth Campbell he seems to be an entirely different person to the one we saw in earlier interviews. He comes across as more human, more chastened, a loving father who is so relieved that his little Chloe has been returned unharmed. I do believe he is all of these things but what went wrong to bring this nightmare down upon Chloe, Tammy and the rest of his family?

Garth was quoted in MSM as likening Chloe's disappearance to that of Daniel Morcombe. I can understand his feelings but IMO Garth needs to take a look at the united front Bruce and Denise Morcombe took from day one of Daniel's disappearance.

Bruce and Denise Morcombe

Look at the pain in the eyes of Bruce and Denise Morcombe in the link above. I really don't know to this day how they got through the heartache of losing Daniel but they stood united as parents for 11 years until justice prevailed. Such strong and admirable people.

In the latest MSM reports we are reading;

Melissa Small said she suspected the person or people involved in the threat had taken Chloe and were close friends of the family trying to “scare” Mr Campbell.

“They’ve done this to scare Garth. Garth has been very scared and this is why he is a mess,” said Ms Small.

“They’re just messed up people. They need to not be on the street they need to not have children in their care. If they are the people, they are close family friends.”

What is this crap?!! This takes me back to the Jaidyn Leskie case of 1997 https://www.google.com.au/search?so...rlz=1T4ADRA_enAU459AU459&q=Jaidyn+Leskie+1997 where there were 'warring factions' within the small town of Moe where Jaidyn was murdered. It was akin to tribe against tribe in it's ridiculousness but the murderer walked. Garth, Tammy and indeed Chloe had a lucky escape in this instance. If I could talk to Garth face to face I would plead with him to tell the police the whole truth, regardless of his fears. His worst fear has already been realised in Chloe being abducted as a 'warning'. Stupid, so stupid! Whoever took Chloe has the mentality of a peanut!

Chloe has now been returned, so go for it Garth! Tell the police everything, don't omit a thing. Then go ahead paint your house and sell it as you mentioned and move onto a new life. Treasure what you have and don't look back.

I wish Garth, Tammy and their children only the best for the future.

This is getting really confusing as to what is rumor in this case and what is being reported in a legit news source versus what is tabloid. The Courier Mail is sourcing the Sunday Mail? Is the Sunday Mail a reputable news source?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-against-father/story-fnihsrf2-1226881974862

Why is Melissa Small spilling information to the (tabloid?) media while LE is requesting people with information should come forward and/or contact Crimestoppers?

Strange...

Is the person who was reinterviewed by police the person who was helping with inquiries? Has Garth's friend from the video (I can't remember his name, he was comforting Garth in the interview the day she went missing) been seen again? He had already been interviewed ...

Were we ever told if this friend was drinking at the house the night Chloe went missing?
I found the friends reaction strange on the video, the way he was reacting to the father, touching him or trying to touch him around the neck, seemed to want to control the interview, hard to explain but it looked intimidating to me,interesting if he is the one who hasn't been seen among the group.

Still catching up on the new thread here. But I found a forum thread yesterday online in regards to this "VA Commodore" because I've never heard of a commodore before (may be because I'm in the states?) According to the initial post on the thread a VA did exist, but then they didn't put it out I guess. The OP stated that only 5 were made and were, at that time (2004), on display at Holden dealers.

So it's either a mistake and they aren't looking for a VA model. OR... maybe there were 5 made but have since been liquidated to the public. If that's the case this vehicle should not be hard to track down at all.

Here's the link:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/general/1494-va-commodore.html

ETA: And I see South Aussie already mentioned this... on page one of this thread. DOH! Guess I will just be quiet and read now :floorlaugh:

I'm confused about this:

As police confirmed they were considering retribution as a motive, close friends described a threat against Garth that was so serious it was officially reported.

And this:

So family friends know dad's been scared and a very real threat was reported in the past few months, right?

Which obviously mean mom and dad knew, right?

Then how does the final part fit with that?

Surely they must have some thought, no?

Otherwise why would family know dad had been so concerned? Or how/why could/would family/friends know that there were serious threats and it had been previously reported, but Chloe's parents not?

Or?

Simple, they're lying, probably because the reason for the threat would make them look bad.

Simple, they're lying, probably because the reason for the threat would make them look bad.

^^ That.

Let's face it, you'd have to do something really bad, or owe someone a hell of a lot of money for them to consider that kidnapping your little girl is an adequate punishment/threat/revenge.

Just throwing this out the.. Garth in an initial interview mentioned it could be someone who can't have kids that has taken Chloe..
Washed loved toy
Reportedly she is in good health & well looked after..

Maybe the threat was not one of drugs money. . But more personal. .?? Look after your children properly, or I will?..
Purely just playing devils advocate..

It has to be some seriously messed up people who kidnap a child to scare an adult. The police pounced on this very quickly- possibly whoever took this little girl planned to do so for a few hours, send her back once mum and dad got the point, with no one but those involved any the wiser, but by 9am there were police, SES, journalists everywhere- the response was immediate and big. If the reason was to scare them into being quiet, it kind of backfired, didn't it? I hope they get whoever did this, and fast- scary to think that people with that kind of mindset live in our communities.

The Sunday Mail also understands a friend who had been drinking at the family’s home on Ridgway Street the night Chloe vanished has been reinterviewed by police and has not been seen among the group.

who is this? RL??

Unsubstantiated theory :- Somebody gets busted for dealing in town and suspects GC dobbed them in ?

The Sunday Mail also understands a friend who had been drinking at the family’s home on Ridgway Street the night Chloe vanished has been reinterviewed by police and has not been seen among the group.

who is this? RL??

Incredibly brazen if true ! Possibly still on parole too http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-26/man-avoids-jail-over-attack-on-police/4780896

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/22551864/family-in-shock-after-chloe-goes-missing/

"Anybody out there if you have any leads or anything. Please be responsible. Do the right thing, return her to somewhere safe. If yous know anything about Chloe please just bring her home, she's an innocent little 3-year-old girl," said family friend, Ryan Lavis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214