Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find BRE FB post on 22 dec at 455am quite odd. This has been raised before by other sleuthers and on BF. I do not know enough of BRE public FB posts but to make the "eagles nest" comment literally hours before his arrest and so early in the day is odd...is it his final cryptic message? Eagles nest retreat around perth is at gidgiegannup roughly NE of perth amd along with the other dump sites and claremont area forms a rough cross symbol? The retreat is listed as "Eagle's Nest is a formation and retreat centre wholly owned and operated by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Perth".It borders the large walyunga national parlk with what looks like acessible dirt roads one with a culdesac. I understand its a leap but maybe other sleuths have ideas. Credit to BF poster for this location.
IMO he was talking about the new Perth stadium, that the premier did a press release. On television outside it being almost complete. Looks a bit like a nest, more an ark in my opinion. Home of the Eagles football club

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

According to news reports every single person in that video was identified except MM. If it was BE he would have been on the police radar even as just a name at the scene of JR's last sighting but news reports he only come on the radar within the last few weeks.

listen very carefully to what Jim Stanbury actually states on the CIA documentary about who they have the names of. Hint: it is not everyone.

Well if the 2 guys in a taxi is linked to KK lady & CG then there is an accomplice? So it might not be linked.
Please elaborate on the taxi attack ?
And any other attack linked to the allegedly accused

Well if the 2 guys in a taxi is linked to KK lady & CG then there is an accomplice? So it might not be linked.

I do not consider the taxi driver was involved. initial news reports stated that as the woman was getting into the vehicle a man in the back seat pulled her in to the vehicle. If you keep in mind that back then it was very common for multi unknown to each other people to share taxis. 1 because of the difficulty getting a taxi and 2 to save money. So the guy in t he back seat was more likely have said to the taxi driver hey lets give her a lift. may or may not be connected but something tells me it may be (allegedly).

The woman panicked and jumped out causing a severe ankle fracture she spent 1 month in hospital.

Sarah Spiers was believed to have shared a taxi back to south perth the night prior to her abduction ie 25 january and to south perth on the early am of 26th. she shared with a woman and a guy. woman was dropped at dalkeith and the guy and sarah shared until they alighted at the windsor hotel in south perth. news reports detailed how the guy pushed sarah out of the vehicle.

I am more talking about a container of trophies buried, not sunk. I have messaged BE on FB & it hasn`t showed as yet it has been seen by anyone logging on under that name. Has BE laid them on the line as previously thought by earlier bloggers? Would SS be closer to JR? I know others have mentioned this. Has BE hinted at other locations near exchanges he has visited?

Just a gut feeling but i'm pretty certain that BE wont be online. Also pretty certain that if he was, he wouldn't be throwing hints around.

Yes I saw that. Obvious DNA linkage finally linking him. Yes I know way back the link bet Karrakatta lady & CG. Me thinks they discounted all Poi`s small & large & thought 'where do we go now?' likely they went back over old evidence gathered. Plus old crimes. Course we know he is linked to the '88 crimes. What I'd like to know is how did he get CG if the cops are darn sure he is linked? And lastly is SS really linked to the other two? They seem pretty sure she is.

we do not KNOW he is linked to 1988 crimes

allegedly linked to the accused ! use the word allegedly at all times.
allegedly . Got it .

West Australian newspaper : alleged car
00926ecce469849c42c60d0c336eb7f8.jpg

listen very carefully to what Jim Stanbury actually states on the CIA documentary about who they have the names of. Hint: it is not everyone.

Jim Stanbury states at 37:56 "Correct, we have identified and interviewed all of these people out on the street and none of these were able to provide significant information"

Host then states at about 38:30 regarding MM "Because of all the people that were there, this is the one person you have not been able to interview"

Jim Stanbury then says "correct"

at 39:00 the host then reitterates "all these people here you have spoken too, haven't been able to help you as far as his (MM) identity is concerned"

Jim Stanbury then says "That is correct"

Host says "We dont know who mystery man is, where he went or where he is"

Jim Stanbury says "no"

No mention that there was anyone other than MM unidentified in the video. Did you see a different version of the CIA doco than I did?

Furthermore, could the killer(s) or their possible accomplices, have been purposely disabling payphones, in order to try and make it easier to get girls to take a lift home with them?
Disabling them at the pillar, exchange, or the payphone ifself.
Nope. SS successfully used one, CG never used one, and where JR was last seen there were 6-8 directly across the road and unlikely the CSK took out all of them.

Then how come whether you try and type the Dr XXXXX CSK related full pseudonym, there appears to be a bot (not a human mod) on this site that immediately before the post is posted, removes the key word for the pseudonym (which is not the alleged person behind the pseudonym's real name), and inserts XXXXX?

Why the need to mask (by bot) the pseudonym of an "attention seeking clot"? That does not make sense.
Particularly when the email address related to this pseudonym and other posts under the same pseudonym, is left un-botted, and is the clue to the alleged/possible identify of the real person behind Dr XXXXX.

Is this bot auto-delete and insert XXXXX, something that occurs often in this thread/site? Personally, I think its a great idea.

Because Dr XXXX is nothing but an attention seeker and the mods don't want people wasting time talking about it. It's not like numerous long time posters haven't made this abundantly clear.

It's been bugging me for quite a while...I'm not even 100% sure that the SD relationship is actually"step". The physical likeness is very strong with alleged CSK and his family members - and they are so close. No mention of biol father. May even have kept it very quiet because possibly having affair while still married. All very odd but SD born around time of split with ex and sale of house. If it's the case, could well have been a baby's carrier in station wagon in 1996/7 when victims went missing giving impression of "safe" family man.

It's possible. The house he owned with his wife EE sold in 1997 and bought the Gay St house with CG in 2000. Who knows whether he had been having an affair and that was the reason his marriage to EE ended. BE, CE and SD all joined the Eagles in 1998.

So after watching the CIA doco again, I'm now confused. Was JR waiting for a taxi? In the doco it shows JR exiting the hotel with her friends whom go on to get a taxi, if JR wanted a taxi why not go with her friends? she was clearly waiting to meet someone she had perhaps spoken to earlier in the night.

You don't leave your friends whom are getting a taxi to go and wait for a taxi that defies all reasonable logic.

So after watching the CIA doco again, I'm now confused. Was JR waiting for a taxi? In the doco it shows JR exiting the hotel with her friends whom go on to get a taxi, if JR wanted a taxi why not go with her friends? she was clearly waiting to meet someone she had perhaps spoken to earlier in the night.

You don't leave your friends whom are getting a taxi to go and wait for a taxi that defies all reasonable logic.

BBM

That's exactly what I thought

agreed + doesn't say ruled out, just couldn't offer anything which csk obviously would not do. Given no-one has been convicted, and Sarah case not being included as suspect having knowledge of, we should continue to refer to CSK rather than names? Moo

Well, the fact the vehicle seized is a Holden Commodore seemingly dismisses the witness statement reported in The Sunday Times on January 2015 regarding the alleged FORD FALCON taxi seen turning out of Pipidinny Road in the pre-dawn darkness on a March morning in 1997. A report of the sighting was made to the WA Police after Ciara's body was discovered (presumably a few weeks after the event) on April 3 1997.

Then again, I guess one could be easily mistaken regarding make/model in pre-dawn darkness. Interesting that the witness was very adamant that it was a taxi.

Here's a link to the Perth Now article regarding the same report:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...h/news-story/b80af943b3f4b839a9956cdffd1aa3ab

However, the vehicle seizure (if indeed relevant to the case) does seem to possibly correlate the possible sighting by the men sitting at the bus stop who reportedly saw Ciara leaning through the window talking to an unknown person(s) in a "light-coloured vehicle" that had pulled up beside her.

Link to news article with details regarding this sighting: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/nightmare-begins-for-third-family-ng-b88337795z

It certainly seems that in the context of the historic secrecy surrounding the Macro investigation and what seems to be somewhat of a gag on media post arrest, the release of this information today regarding the seizure of the car (including a photograph) is a deliberate attempt to prompt more witness sightings or jog someone's memory IMO.

Sadly, I don't think the CSK was the only predator trawling the Perth streets and there may be several unrelated incidences that may now seem to be related when they are not . . . or alternatively, are. I myself was accosted at a bus stop on Leach Highway as a teen by a large man who claimed he was a modelling scout and was waiting for "one of his girls" and proceeded to attempt to acquire my address and phone number and other personal information. Luckily, I have a very keen sense of awareness of my surroundings on the basis of a few creepy experiences at that bus stop (including being the unfortunate victim of an indecent exposure incident a mere few weeks before) and my sixth sense immediately went into overdrive as I saw him emerge from a white vehicle parked behind a bush on the adjacent street. I knew what he was saying was a fanciful tale as I also noted he was wearing a shirt with a tiny local mechanic business logo on it. I knew he was a predator. I obviously gave him false details and switched up my walking routes after that.

Anyway . . . my point is that the Perth streets are crawling with predators and I am sure there are several girls out there that have had similar experiences that goes beyond just harassment and just never reported it. I hope that the release of the vehicle information triggers a memory in someone out there.

Except that SS had in fact called a cab. The phone was operational
Plus it would inconvenience dozens if not hundreds of people, depending on how long it was down. Stuff like that doesn't go unnoticed. Everyone would start to realize that when the phone line is down, someone is going to get abducted..... it's the kind of thing that draws more attention to you. Plus Perth is a pretty friendly town, CSK would have had a pretty good chance with just offering a friendly lift without people being desperate and stuck for a lift

I do remember reading somewhere that there were four friends so not enough room to include Jane in the taxi. But this of course could be incorrect reporting.

I believe that WAPOL had enough evidence to arrest BE without any DNA evidence. Familial DNA is very contentious and I haven't been able to find any Australian cases where a defendant was convicted on familial DNA. If you read the articles discussing familial DNA you will see that it is a controversial area with only a couple of states in the USA that have accepted it.

In Australia, the general principle is that DNA can only be taken if there is a reasonable suspicion of offending, or if a person volunteers their DNA. This is because Australia has an expectation of privacy and that the government can only take our personal information under certain circumstances. The ability to obtain familial DNA to then link a person to certain crimes encroaches on that privacy.

If a judge finds that the DNA was not lawfully obtained, then it could be excluded, as will all evidence obtained as a result of the DNA match. In my opinion it would be very risky for WAPOL to arrest someone based on familial DNA, because it is such a controversial area. It would be disastrous for everybody if BE was arrested and charged based on unlawfully obtained evidence and he is then acquitted because the evidence is excluded.

One day familial DNA will be tested in an Australian court and a judge will make a decision about whether it is admissible. I just think that running this argument on an accused serial killer is too big a risk.

All just my opinion.

I totally agree with this. I don't think it was familiar DNA that got him. I'm still adamant he was already a person of interest from 1988 and when they got the DNA match from the Kimono to KK and CG the just did some real police work and sourced him out this way. They had already worked out his Telstra company supplied vehicle was a VS Commodore Series 1 and this connected the cloth fibres found on JR. The fact they had already found his ex-work vehicle the same day they arrested him speaks volumes. They may have done a covert DNA testing with a family member but this will not be used in evidence against him.

This is the part that has always baffled me. She clearly had plans and surely she would of mentioned those plans to her entourage on the night as she declined their ride?

As you said, it defies logic. Something just doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214