Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just spoken with a friend who's relation knows a cop on this case. Her words were BE comes from a dysfunctional family and quite a few family members are in jail. Seems familial dna link would've been easy to link.
Not many of the serial killer/rapist varieties seem to come from happy,loving homes I guess.

A little surprised if true though as the family seems fairly well off and other relatives seem to be doing well

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thank you for saying that. It really upsets me too.

In the Grim Sleeper case in the US they classified the missing women (who were sex workers) as NHI on the missing persons reports. NHI stood for 'no human involved'. That sums it up :facepalm:

http://www.huckmagazine.com/art-and...-lonnie-franklin-allowed-go-killing-25-years/
A quote by a cop on Lisa Brown. "They are concerned about Lisa but at the end of the day that's the business
they're in, and they don't intend to discontinue doing what they're doing," he
said.

I have just spoken with a friend who's relation knows a cop on this case. Her words were BE comes from a dysfunctional family and quite a few family members are in jail. Seems familial dna link would've been easy to link.

Thought that might be the case. Have been waiting for that to come out as I thought he is a very troubled soul if he's done even half of what he is accused of. We may never know what went on "behind closed doors", but no matter what, will never excuse what CSK has carried out. He hid what he did, so he knew what he did was wrong. Chose to fulfil grotesque fantasies.

I imagine the DOB would have been cited at the first court appearance at some point as a matter of process. Out of interest, was anyone from WS in the public gallery?

I too am interested in birth date and maternal grandmother's ID.

This article by Jacqueline Lang from The Starfish is quite an intimate overview of the first court appearance. Interesting that she took the time to note that he did not resemble much the photographs currently circulating on social media and is now sporting a moustache and seems to be smaller in stature than the photographs imply.

Link: http://www.thestarfish.com.au/bradley-robert-edwards-man-behind-glass/

Then again, standing in the dock in front of a judge and a gallery of invested people on charges of deprivation of liberty and murder would no doubt make any man look small and powerless, regardless of sociopathy.

On a separate note, as someone who allegedly was quite meticulous, he certainly didn't cover his tracks in terms of a digital footprint. Nothing particularly of interest to be found beyond generic information.

I am still interested in links with previous relatively minor crimes from pre 1990 - including historic peeping tom cases or indecent assault. There does not seem to be any updated cohesive databases accessible to the public of historic unsolved cases in W.A beyond those news sources collated by freelancers interested in true crime and missing person cases.

I am inclined to think there is more links in the past to be dug up and quite possibly more than one serial rapist/murderer(s) that were in operation in W.A at the time. I mean, the Birnies were only apprehend in 1986 so there is seemingly some considerable overlap in serious crimes that were occurring in Perth at the time and the current missing/unsolved list.

That article...wow...
Absolutely appalling.
Its sad . Its not just police though,the general public seems to not care at all as soon as certain careers or life choices are reported about victims.
Basically the same mind set that allowed Adrian Ernest Bayley to keep being released until he killed Jill Meagher.
Before that ,most his crimes were towards prostitutes and apparently that doesn't get a lot of jail time even when you keep reoffending. Its disgusting.
It would be why a lot of friends of murder victims are reluctant to admit a friend was very drunk,went home with a guy she just met or would get in a strangers car etc. That somehow makes them more accountable for what happened to them.
No one deserves to be murdered or raped for any reason.
Serial killers who kill prostitutes get away with it for so long because the public just does not care.
Its disappointing to see the police dont either

Interesting to note this information on Laura Muckersie, as I saw someone call her a druggie

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2005-08-24/coroner-seeks-review-into-police-murder-probe/2088000

And even if she was consuming drugs, it is not up to people to make moral judgements on these people. Nobody deserves to be raped or murdered.

Everyone puts weight on as they age. I'd like to see a pic of BRE around that time and I'll bet he was slim like MM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He used to play Masters footy, was a big guy and fit... Def wouldn't have been overweight back then

He used to play Masters footy, was a big guy and fit... Def wouldn't have been overweight back then
Footy you mean aussie rules? Did he play for WAFL at any point or any local clubs?

MM wasn't necessarily slim on captured cctv. WAPOL put out a message to the viewing public i newspapers indicating that during the NASA enhancement process that size and colour may have been altered. a good example is Jane's top looks light coloured but it was in fact navy blue.

That's colour though. He definitely looks thin to slim, and tall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at the old cases it seems pretty clear to me if the women are not the girl next door types the police put their own bias into the cases and didn't try very hard. Which is why the csk victim's families have gone out of their way to create a persona of their daughters as being perfect. Any hint of anything else then the cops don't care, the media doesn't follow the cases up and the general public don't know that their killers haven't been found or the women are still classified as missing. If the woman was a street worker then in someones mind they somehow deserved it, or if hint of drugs involved and perhaps made a mistake of getting into someones car, somehow they were at fault.

It's like some of these women didn't even exist. If they didn't have families who have the capacity to engage the media to remind the public then bad luck really. There's nobody championing these women's cases. If it wasn't for WS then their names wouldn't be mentioned again.

Can someone tell me why on crime stoppers, open murder cases include only two women?

It's bloody disgusting if you ask me, that these people get forgotten by the police and media.

And good on WS posters for at least acknowledging they existed and their cases are deserving enough to be solved.

Well said.

The worst of these cases that stick out in my mind is Bung Siriboon, a then-13 year old who went missing whilst walking to school in an un-fashionable outer suburb of Melbourne more than 5 years ago. Her 'mistake', I believe, was not being white and/or attending a private school and/or living in an affluent suburb. It's a disgrace.

Video. Disregard my prior comment upon the "Clueless" story of 30/4/16 if that's what this rebuttal story is referring to, as I was talking about the films of still photographs of vehicles (showing plates and drivers faces), not any video. Therefore the two stories must be talking about some other surveillance footage of vehicles to what I was talking about.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I imagine the DOB would have been cited at the first court appearance at some point as a matter of process. Out of interest, was anyone from WS in the public gallery?

This article by Jacqueline Lang from The Starfish is quite an intimate overview of the first court appearance. Interesting that she took the time to note that he did not resemble much the photographs currently circulating on social media and is now sporting a moustache and seems to be smaller in stature than the photographs imply.

Then again, standing in the dock in front of a judge and a gallery of invested people on charges of deprivation of liberty and murder would no doubt make any man look small and powerless, regardless of sociopathy.

On a separate note, as someone who allegedly was quite meticulous, he certainly didn't cover his tracks in terms of a digital footprint. Nothing particularly of interest to be found beyond generic information.

I am still interested in links with previous relatively minor crimes from pre 1990 - including historic peeping tom cases or indecent assault. There does not seem to be any updated cohesive databases accessible to the public of historic unsolved cases in W.A beyond those news sources collated by freelancers interested in true crime and missing person cases.

I am inclined to think there is more links in the past to be dug up and quite possibly more than one serial rapist/murderer(s) that were in operation in W.A at the time. I mean, the Birnies were only apprehend in 1986 so there is seemingly some considerable overlap in serious crimes that were occurring in Perth at the time and the current missing/unsolved list.

No mention of a smile at court in that article? This has been reported but is that factual?

Wow this article makes you wonder how many other unreported incidents there were. I was the age of the victims at the time and also had a false sense of security with the media reporting the suspect was under surveillance. Ironically the killings also seemed to stop at the same time, which reinforced the suspect at the time was their man. It seems women were more comfortable reporting to the Post than the police, and memories were also jogged by the Post's articles over the years. I wonder if BRE had access to Post newspapers - was his locality within the delivery range?
The Post newspaper didn't go beyond the Western Suburbs. However anyone going to the Western suburbs might of seen copies at HJ's or local restaurants. I've seen it at SCGH, KEMH and PMH myself. Being a free paper you wouldn't find it in any newsagents around Huntingdale.

This article by Jacqueline Lang from The Starfish is quite an intimate overview of the first court appearance. that she took the time to note that he did not resemble much the photographs currently circulating on social media and is now sporting a moustache and seems to be smaller in stature than the photographs imply.

RSBM. Interesting that she does not mention that BRE smiled/smirked as other media stated he had. I wonder whether he did actually do it or she omitted it.

Well said.

The worst of these cases that stick out in my mind is Bung Siriboon, a then-13 year old who went missing whilst walking to school in an un-fashionable outer suburb of Melbourne more than 5 years ago. Her 'mistake', I believe, was not being white and/or attending a private school and/or living in an affluent suburb. It's a disgrace.
If the person happens to be a street worker AND aboriginal like Darrylyn Ugle who was murdered, then the case is most likely sitting on the bottom of the pile. I can hardly find any information about her or what happened to her. List goes on doesn't it.

Took all of 2 minutes and Google to follow up on the lead and a 2009 pic of about Bradley "Shorts" Edwards. Thanks Hobo. (There's a pic of BRE/BSE on the page following the below)

http://centralcrocs.asn.au/newsletters/03-2009.pdf

It’s the quiet ones you have to watch, onecroc member was attending a wedding in thecountry on the Saturday of our home game,however got so smashed through copiousamounts of re-hydration fluid he sufferedfrom short term alcohol memory loss for atime after, his guardian angel and better halfCatherine advises that upon becomingheavily intoxicated decided to repeat theword “Congratulations” many many timesduring the evening, then power spewing onmore than one occasion in the paddock,bystanders were amazed that he was able tomake it through the piles of chunder he’d lefton the ground to the car, where he thenproceeded to head butt his car tyres for aperiod, so much so that Catherine had toplace a beanie on his head to make sure hedidn’t injure himself.A well deserved nomination for Bradley“Shorts” Edwards.Leading up to the Super

Note that in the pic of BRE/BSE in this newsletter, his hand is up signifying either "Hi Guys", or something like "Please don't take my pic!". IMO

If the person happens to be a street worker AND aboriginal like Darrylyn Ugle who was murdered, then the case is most likely sitting on the bottom of the pile. I can hardly find any information about her or what happened to her. List goes on doesn't it.
Many we dont even know the names of ..it isnt fair some get front page coverage,prime time news etc and the rest arent even important enough to mention apparently

Problem in finding media articles in that date range is that Trove stops at 1954 and The old West Australian Newspaper website has been replaced by Yahoo and with it all the old stories on the old website are now behind some stupid pay to search crap.

Took all of 2 minutes and Google to follow up on the lead and a 2009 pic of about Bradley "Shorts" Edwards. Thanks Hobo. (There's a pic of BRE/BSE on the page following the below)

http://centralcrocs.asn.au/newsletters/03-2009.pdf

Note that in the pic of BRE/BSE in this newsletter, his hand is up signifying either "Hi Guys", or something like "Please don't take my pic!". IMO
99a6e2746b99dc25a72182f0c17e20ce.jpg

The accused, Bradley Robert Edwards in 2009.

Problem in finding media articles in that date range is that Trove stops at 1954 and The old West Australian Newspaper website has been replaced by Yahoo and with it all the old stories on the old website are now behind some stupid pay to search crap.

State Library has copies of all the old papers, local and main ones. Lots of leg work required but if you know what you are after (ie: dates) they are there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse