Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall a conversation I had with someone about 10 years ago. He is an ardent WCE fan and member but had something to do with amateur football clubs. He made a comment to me that him and all his mates were suspects because the nights that Jane and Ciara went missing the football club were at the conti hotel... But I can't remember which club...

Just wondering if you'd like to share with us why you only raise this point after the amateur football link is made this afternoon?

Look forwards to a follow up post with more info after you have spoken to your WCE fan friend, if he or you is willing to share more info. Perfectly understandable if discretion and silence on this matter is the decision.

I didn't think much of his comments at the time, thought it was BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what its probably a possibility as funny as the thought of him stealing gold boxer shorts and wearing them is.

The kimono did him in this might just be the nice finishing touch.

I can just imagine the agonising going on at WAPOL tonight.
Whether to issue a new picture of BRE to the media, with BRE in his gold boxer shorts, and other pics from his Aussie Rules playing years, asking for anyone to report any incidences involving this man or a younger version of this man, to Crimestoppers.

At some point, I'd hope that WAPOL will release a range of pictures of him when he was younger.
Pictures they have probably already seized and secured from his family.
Pictures they will publish in order for other victims, or near miss victims to be able to identify BRE from for potential further prosecutions.

Are there any precedents for this sort of thing happening in Australia/WA/worldwide

Are the WAPOL legally allowed to do this before during or after the initial charges have been laid?

Or will they, or will they have to wait until the first batch of charges have been addressed, before potentially releasing pics of BRE when he is younger.

If WAPOL don't release pictures of BRE when he is younger (assuming they have them) at some point, what is the public going to think about how serious WAPOL is bringing criminals to justice for ALL of their crimes?

This was not a football event he drank at but at a Wedding.
That's the way I read it anyway.

"quiet ones you have to watch, one
croc member was attending a wedding in the
country on the Saturday of our home "

Yeah definitely seems that way.

The drinking at a wedding where you become totally maggot seems a bit out of the ordinary and just a little strange...especially if your wife is there.

I'm guessing he doesn't drink much at all hence why he got so drunk. Fits most quiet people I know why don't drink much but when they do that happens.

Yeah definitely seems that way.

The drinking at a wedding where you become totally maggot seems a bit out of the ordinary and just a little strange...especially if your wife is there.

I'm guessing he doesn't drink much at all hence why he got so drunk. Fits most quiet people I know why don't drink much but when they do that happens.
I saw a FB post from 2014 drinking with friends went home and fell asleep at computer... Everyone else complaining of massive hangovers.. Suggests he did like a drink or two

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I didn't think much of his comments at the time, thought it was BS

If he was old enough to be drinking at a pub I would presume he is playing for WAFL (rorl) or a country club. Unless there are other levels I don't know about? League, reserves and colts.

He isn't on the WAFL website in any of those levels and they have records going way back. Unless he was the water runner.

(edit) or he played school level..

My guess is that he played for one of the South Suburban Murray Football League (later renamed Sunday Football League) when he was younger.

None of the team websites have much history shown but if we could see some old teams photos we possibly could get a photo of him from the mid-1990s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Football_League

This one I reckon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Australia_Australian_rules_football_team

EDIT Sorry that was a stupid response. That is a state team

I saw a FB post from 2014 drinking with friends went home and fell asleep at computer... Everyone else complaining of massive hangovers.. Suggests he did like a drink or two

Sounds like a computer geeker who would have the odd binge (like most people) but yeah when you have a wife and a part of amateur sporting clubs drinking is part of the culture and an important social aspect of it.

I dont drink much but when I do at my local sporting club It knocks me out rather quickly.

Being a computer/techie I just get the feeling he wasnt an alcoholic or anything...I swear his drinking situation seems familiar to me.

No. It seems like links to WS blogs aren't working (I noticed this problem trying to link to Grok's timeline last week).

Here's a link to my Dropbox. It has most of the (subscription) articles and documents I've ever linked to this case.

I'm not sure the CCTV analysis is what you're looking for. I was mainly focused on why MM's face was never visible (i.e., did LE have an image of his face, but did not release it.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8nybsq35vhazv1d/AACnzSfLEITTn420HS9-dS9wa?dl=0

thanks exactly what i was looking for :)

it seems weird that they would after all that time not release all the footage (i recall hearing the figure 700 ppl identfied) and we would have seen .....what 10?

any one have a view on the motivation of not showing a) MM face b) more of the footage

i do find this a curious and baffling piece of the jigsaw

BE FB profile became active mid 2016. How is it possible you saw a post from 2014?
Please explain.

The now infamous Golden Footy Shorts and Central Crocs made a brief appearance on Twitter at 8:05pm AEST tonight with kudo to WS in a subsequent tweet by the tweeter.

BE FB profile became active mid 2016. How is it possible you saw a post from 2014?
Please explain.

It wasn't on his personal Facebook page

If he was old enough to be drinking at a pub I would presume he is playing for WAFL (rorl) or a country club. Unless there are other levels I don't know about? League, reserves and colts.

He isn't on the WAFL website in any of those levels and they have records going way back. Unless he was the water runner.

(edit) or he played school level..

Nothing in the 85 GSH year book about him being on the school footy team. I discounted sport on the yearbook alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It wasn't on his personal Facebook page

Are you saying it was a post by BE not on his page in 2014.
BE was unable to post in 2014 on any page as his profile was inactive.

The other advantage in having a 'Judge Alone' trial is that a Judge will not be bamboozled by the defence trying to muddy the waters over forensic evidence. Juries can often become very confused when complex scientific evidence is presented. Judges in 'Judge Alone' trials are very meticulous in considering evidence

In WA the prosecution can apply to the trial judge for an order that it be a judge only trial, but the judge cannot make that order unless the accused consents to it.

thanks exactly what i was looking for :)

it seems weird that they would after all that time not release all the footage (i recall hearing the figure 700 ppl identfied) and we would have seen .....what 10?

any one have a view on the motivation of not showing a) MM face b) more of the footage

i do find this a curious and baffling piece of the jigsaw

Keep in mind that the coppers took 10 years (or something like that. 12 maybe?) to share the footage in the first place! Obviously someone was of the opinion that showing his face / more of the footage wouldn't help their case. My view, or theory/hypothesis is that they felt very strongly that they had their man, and MM wasn't he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13