Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think calling it a satchel is what's confusing people. A satchel is usually a larger rectangular bag - like a postman's satchel or school satchel (both things from back in the day for some of us ...) The police officer was pointing out distinctive items that the women were wearing or carrying - and Jane's was her small shoulder bag/purse.

I accept that it's a satchel bag, as several posters have said that can also be called a satchel. I just didn't think that tiny bag was what you were referring to in your original post.

i was actually originally referring to my post #1365 thread 10, another person in CCTV footage who IMO looked like a female, rather than a male as some other WS had pointed out, as I thought I could view a 'crossbody strap' on the figure. Then in the post containing JR clothing I noted JR had one of these 'mini satchel' type bags too. They were popular in the '90s.

Let's start this thread off by trying to clear up a few things from the previous thread.

The footage of Jane linked in this post is from a previous event. In one of the last posts of the thread 10, meticulously said the footage was from the previous weekend. I don't know when it's from, I've heard some footage was from a graduation, but I don't have a link to that. Regardless, it's from a completely separate event and shows Jane with her family members.

Original post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Western-Australia-10&p=13057979#post13057979

Secondly, this is the only known footage of MM:

4d441c126ad8e34b82d4c7059a75f891.jpg

This pic is from the additional CCTV release, but an identical version was shown on CIA.

In 2015, Papertrail also discovered this pic on the additional footage:

1ff4ebcc791a62a9cdb1c5f314c126f7.jpg

Many believe this is MM and Jane inside Conti. But that is not confirmed.

MM may be in other frames of the available footage. But there are 1,600 frames in the additional footage and over 2,000 in the CIA footage. So please include screenshots, or at the very least, links to a post on a previous thread. It's is too difficult to follow otherwise.

Frames are from: https://youtu.be/hbbg-FVij4c

That second photo definitely looks like him, but not like Jane. I'm surprised how recognisable whoever X back that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disagree. I'm not convinced one way or the other. Just wanted to make sure that you were stating your opinion, not declaring a fact.

I'm not interested in debating if it's Jane or not. I am undecided. But I appreciate the opinion of others.

If my opinion is one you'd appreciate I'm inclined to believe it's not her either. I think it is unlikely Jane wore a sleeveless top under a long sleeved top and had a jacket as well. I think carrying around a top and a jacket you'd removed is unlikely. The conti didn't have a cloak room so you'd have had to carry them around. Also, I'm not trying to be rude and I know the vision may not be perfect but I think Jane was quite a bit heavier than the girl in the footage. That's quite a skinny arm. I hope I've already made it clear that this is my opinion only.

800667250fa7586e0b88f04107846a19.jpg

This shows the satchel bag well
I've seen pics of JR quite bigger but she
looks quite thin here

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

We were all wrong thinking in hindsight that Bre & the kind of guy he is would be the CSK. Gues we should have looked at the life of Dennis Radar in the usa for better clues re how Sk's can be like. All good in hindsight though.

Ivan Milat is/was a prime example. He was well thought of in his neighbourhood, ran the local Crimestoppers, fixed local kids motorbikes etc. Abduction method was (as per Onions incident), friendly, charming, matesy. These people are very innovative and cunning.

That bag on display there was in JR's possession according to the police in the CIA documentary, was the key unique item she had on her.

Yes, this has been covered 3-4 times above. The discrepancy was that I did not realize that the bag in the photo could be referred to as a satchel bag. However, four other posters have replied, indicating it could be.

Thank you for answering, but I'm unsure why people keep replying to my post, which has been answered and replied to several times. There are now 15 posts in this thread related to the satchel bag. I think we all agree that Jane had the 'satchel' bag with her that night.

attachment.php

That second photo definitely looks like him, but not like Jane. I'm surprised how recognisable whoever X back that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO looks like different male - MM longer hair/tousled hair? Shirt collar seems larger/set wider - maybe some top shirt buttons undone at front of shirt with MM? Plus back of shirt of male on inside shot has a 'shirt loop' and MM doesn't look like he has a 'shirt loop' or it may be missing in view due to contrast issues of the CCTV.
Or, had a few drinks and overall more tousled appearance at end of night depending on timeframe of each CCTV. MOO.

(having some issues with this website...have had to upload screenshot as the original quote didn't load...not sure if its something i'm doing?? so bare with me, thx)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 465
Been chatting to ******. He says BRE played for Perth @ 1988, {in the WAFL? My addition in here} He is yet to confirm BRE's pic with someone before Saturday, so will let you know then. Doc P recons the team went away after that on an end of season trip to Thailand & then bali.

On a side note.The CSK won't be leaving anyone to be sniffed out easily. So Exchanges would be out of the question. But certainly not all. Has anyone gone down Gay st to the exchange by Belfour st in Huntingdale? There is trees around the boundary of the exchange & a group in the middle. Might be worth a look by southern sleuthers hey? Doc P said he reconed the CSK left the country & was in Lebanon or Italy.

But isn.t it totally surprising that the CSK is no Super mastermind playing with the cops? Or was he? The Claremont ghost isn't Dr. P I I believe him. Hoping BRE is Claremont Ghost cause DR. P was acting (his words) to make him come out of the woodwork. So maybe he has. Dr/ P was wondering if BRE came on as Capicse in a Suntay times blog now nowhere to be found as Capicse mentioned hinted at Parkerville.

Please be careful not to confuse Brad (Bradley) Thomas Edwards born 1968 who has played WAFL etc (see below link) with the topic of these discussions BRE who was also born in that year.

http://www.waflfootyfacts.net/playerstats.php?PlayerID=1900

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Edwards_(Australian_footballer)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ice machine would have been at the bottle shop part of the hotel on the western side, still there today.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I was asking why the frame was posted.

But thank you for answering.

IMO looks like different male - MM longer hair/tousled hair? Shirt collar seems larger/set wider - maybe some top shirt buttons undone at front of shirt with MM? Plus back of shirt of male on inside shot has a 'shirt loop' and MM doesn't look he has a 'shirt loop' or it may be missing in view due to contrast issues of the CCTV.
Or, had a few drinks and overall more tousled appearance at end of night depending on timeframe of each CCTV. MOO.

Im with you on the 'shirt loop' issue. I didn't want to start that debate but in the 2nd photo there appears to be a shirt loop, none in the first. Girls hair in the 2nd appears to be 'frizzed,permed' unlike JR's seemingly straight hair. I'm also relying on WAPOL stating that they had identified every person in the footage apart from the MM figure in the shots outside the premises. Once again, simply my humble opinion

If my opinion is one you'd appreciate I'm inclined to believe it's not her either. I think it is unlikely Jane wore a sleeveless top under a long sleeved top and had a jacket as well. I think carrying around a top and a jacket you'd removed is unlikely. The conti didn't have a cloak room so you'd have had to carry them around. Also, I'm not trying to be rude and I know the vision may not be perfect but I think Jane was quite a bit heavier than the girl in the footage. That's quite a skinny arm. I hope I've already made it clear that this is my opinion only.

Sure, I'm glad to hear your opinion.

I've seen several pics of Jane where she looked pretty slender. Photos of her face do not look slender. I think she just had a fuller face.

Many arguments were made in earlier threads as to whether or not the arm of the girl by the stairwell is actually bare.

I'll try to find another 'slim' photo.

Sure, I'm glad to hear your opinion.

I've seen several pics of Jane where she looked pretty slender. Photos of her face do not look slender. I think she just had a fuller face.

Many arguments were made in earlier threads as to whether or not the arm of the firm by the stairwell is actually bare.

I'll try to find another 'slim' photo.
d84a7334e5d775f77ba87fc04f0092bb.jpg

99fc948789d2d3940cb5ee3b04aad8fa.jpg

Hair also looks quite puffy here.
May not be her in other footage but I dont think it can be ruled out entirely. Even different shots of her at the front of the hotel can make her look like she has no sleeves on if screenshotted at the right time.
Her clothes were dark! This footage is pretty difficult to be 100% on.
Im not sure its her indoors
Sure looks like him though

Please be careful not to confuse Brad (Bradley) Thomas Edwards born 1968 who has played WAFL etc (see below link) with the topic of these discussions BRE who was also born in that year.

http://www.waflfootyfacts.net/playerstats.php?PlayerID=1900

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Edwards_(Australian_footballer)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, good post. Can we please stop with the other BE who played footy at a higher level? (WAFL & AFL)
that BE isn't the BE arrested. This BE played masters. That's all we know so far. (Masters being for over 35 or 40) and very average standard.
And I agree with Sutton, we now get it - re satchel bag

99fc948789d2d3940cb5ee3b04aad8fa.jpg

Hair also looks quite puffy here.
May not be her in other footage but I dont think it can be ruled out entirely. Even different shots of her at the front of the hotel can make her look like she has no sleeves on if screenshotted at the right time.
Her clothes were dark! This footage is pretty difficult to be 100% on.
Im not sure its her indoors
Sure looks like him though

A quick questions.

Has anyone here a) seen more of this footage b)knows anyone that has seen more of this footage. (I wonder if this is exactly what was shown to the 700 - I suspect not?)

I think we all agree that this is a mixmatch of feeds / cuts.

I have attached sequential stills from the video in response to posts #1386 & #1434 (thread 10). It looks to me as though the man carrying a jacket walks past JR, in fact she seems to move slightly out of his way as he approaches the curb. I could be wrong, let me know your thoughts? We need some eagle eyes such as Skyza on this
attachment.php
Hi 123 I reckon he walks straight past Her as a couple of other people were in front of him. I reckon they must if been getting in a cab on how hurried they seemed which then makes me think that JR is not waiting for a cab otherwise sury she would have taken that as she definately had been waiting longer.
JMOO

Edit: changed a few Auto corrects.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

She looks to be tipsy but holding on to the purse very tightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper