Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best shot I can get of the interior.
attachment.php
There are two exits fairly close together in a loading area back of the bottle shop and two sets of steel stairs but I will confirm by trying to get a better picture of it.
Yes, I think you're right.

But this is the 16th post trying to determine where the rear doors are. This is why people are so frustrated with this thread, IMO. Someone claimed to know about the rear doors, but then provided completely irrelevant information, despite repeated pleas to answer a simple question.

I am baffled as to why the poster who claims to have played in a band at the Conti and was only allowed to use the rear doors, did not immediately look at the map and indicate where the doors are.

Attachments

• claremonthotel.png
    claremonthotel.png
    427.8 KB · Views: 454
Experts predicted CSK had potential to be Australia's worst serial killer. I wonder if Lisa Jane Brown got caught up in his net. Lisa was a working girl based out of Hyde Park in Northbridge and went missing in the early hours of Tuesday 10 November 1998. I lived next to the park when she was taken and we had a clear view from our front yard of the pathway leading into the park from Palmerston St. I remember seeing her there for a few weeks/months before she went missing and suspect she hadn't been working long as she was only 18. She always wore the same clothes – I remember how small she was and the light coloured blue denim jeans. My wife used to walk home from work in Perth and always had to change her path to avoid seedy stalkers. I asked her if she remembered being stalked by a white commodore station wagon but she can't recall specific vehicles.

An earlier poster mentioned there was a Brad Edwards who played cricket for a couple of years in the early 1990s for Swan View as found on the mycricket website (ID: 0873893). It would be impossible to confirm if it was BRE unless someone had time to visit Brown Park pavilion at Swan View and look at old records, photos on the wall, etc. Surprising that an early '90s entry exists as most records on that system have only kicked in post 2000 for most clubs. Sort of suggests there is a keen archivist from Swan View CC.

IMO if the cricketer BE is BRE he would have good knowledge of the foothills/hills area where there are other known incidents well after the early 90s. I suspect it is not him however as cricket requires more skill than tragically playing over 40s footy and based on previous comments he never played sport at school and if one didn't learn the sport as a child the learning curve is often too steep.

One further aspect to BRE's life that has not been touched on in any detail is his love of crabbing. There has been much discussion about looking for SS in the bush – Karragullen (I remember the burnt witch story from childhood), Gidge, Toodyay, etc but not much talk about his access to a boat and the ocean. There has been discussion about smaller bodies of water but not much on the Indian Ocean. If BRE is/was a good fisherman it could be worth further consideration. Most fisherman I know don't like digging holes for themselves...

I am not sure why there is so much time on the back door stuff. I really don't think CSK managed to get a girl out of the back entrance to the club to the carpark to abduct her....

(modsnip)

No theory is too crazy enough or that far out there when you're trying to profile someone who's a psychopath. Brainstorming and imagination is quite appropriate. This arrest isn't as safe as I thought it was either and I'm pretty sure the cops are watching, who knows. Someone might say something on here that sounds ridiculous but it might just be something the cops haven't thought of checking before that links in, a question they might ask someone who knows BE. Lay off people with your criticisms and belittling them. Please. Cheers.

Here's the rear of the hotel. I think you can work out from the interior pic I posted earlier and this where the back doors are.

attachment.php
Yes, I think you're right.

But this is the 16th post trying to determine where the rear doors are. This is why people are so frustrated with this thread, IMO. Someone claimed to know about the rear doors, but then provided completely irrelevant information, despite repeated pleas to answer a simple question.

I am baffled as to why the poster who claims to have played in a band at the Conti and was only allowed to use the rear doors, did not immediately look at the map and indicate where the doors are.

Attachments

• claremonthotelrear.jpg
    claremonthotelrear.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 374
I don't either. Bayview Club is actually a bit more interesting imo because there were so many sexual assaults actually around that club and the first rape victim KK had been there, not the Conti. I'm also curious that because this first rape which was denied for years as being linked but now is, if WAPol think perhaps all the girls were taken to the cemetery and died there. BE would think that was a safe place for him, he got away with it the first time and it's close to where all the girls were taken from.

I am not sure why there is so much time on the back door stuff. I really don't think CSK managed to get a girl out of the back entrance to the club to the carpark to abduct her....

I don't either. Bayview Club is actually a bit more interesting imo because there were so many sexual assaults actually around that club and the first rape victim KK had been there, not the Conti. I'm also curious that because this first rape which was DENIED for years as being linked but now is, if WAPol think perhaps all the girls were taken to the cemetery and died there. BE would think that was a safe place for him, he got away with it the first time and it's close to where all the girls were taken from.
Bbm
Denied ?
Are you sure

Experts predicted CSK had potential to be Australia's worst serial killer. I wonder if Lisa Jane Brown got caught up in his net. Lisa was a working girl based out of Hyde Park in Northbridge and went missing in the early hours of Tuesday 10 November 1998. I lived next to the park when she was taken and we had a clear view from our front yard of the pathway leading into the park from Palmerston St. I remember seeing her there for a few weeks/months before she went missing and suspect she hadn't been working long as she was only 18. She always wore the same clothes – I remember how small she was and the light coloured blue denim jeans. My wife used to walk home from work in Perth and always had to change her path to avoid seedy stalkers. I asked her if she remembered being stalked by a white commodore station wagon but she can't recall specific vehicles.

Just using this to jump off. What annoys me is how people (police, society) put women into categories and use those categories to act as if "oh so-and-so couldn't have killed that person because she was a sex worker and he only killed 'good girls'" or the reverse of that. It is that kind of Madonna/*advertiser censored* dichotomy that has tripped up LE enforcement in the past and I still think they have a long way to come, tbh. How many women didn't come up on their radar because they havent fit the very strict mold of "blond, nice, middle class good girls". It is a very narrow view and does no one any favors.

Just thinking out loud here.... why does a guy on a good salary living seemingly quite modestly need to supplement income by selling lawn mowers? Just a hobby I guess.

Just thinking out loud here.... why does a guy on a good salary living seemingly quite modestly need to supplement income by selling lawn mowers? Just a hobby I guess.
Has it been clarified if he sold/hired mowers or if he offered a lawn mowing service? Mowing lawns would be a great foil for casing houses.

Has it been clarified if he sold/hired mowers or if he offered a lawn mowing service? Mowing lawns would be a great foil for casing houses.
Yeah soz I'm not sure which.

Yep a perfect way to come into quite close contact with people. Get into their backyards and take their underwear off the line. Bit of form in that area.

Bbm? For a long time against the opinion of some expert somewhere, the first rape at Karrakatta Cemetary wasn't linked to the murders. WAPol said it wasn't the same guy, not until DNA came through fairly recently that they linked it. Have I got that wrong?

Bbm
Denied ?
Are you sure

An earlier poster mentioned there was a Brad Edwards who played cricket for a couple of years in the early 1990s for Swan View as found on the mycricket website (ID: 0873893). It would be impossible to confirm if it was BRE unless someone had time to visit Brown Park pavilion at Swan View and look at old records, photos on the wall, etc. Surprising that an early '90s entry exists as most records on that system have only kicked in post 2000 for most clubs. Sort of suggests there is a keen archivist from Swan View CC.

IMO if the cricketer BE is BRE he would have good knowledge of the foothills/hills area where there are other known incidents well after the early 90s. I suspect it is not him however as cricket requires more skill than tragically playing over 40s footy and based on previous comments he never played sport at school and if one didn't learn the sport as a child the learning curve is often too steep.

One further aspect to BRE's life that has not been touched on in any detail is his love of crabbing. There has been much discussion about looking for SS in the bush – Karragullen (I remember the burnt witch story from childhood), Gidge, Toodyay, etc but not much talk about his access to a boat and the ocean. There has been discussion about smaller bodies of water but not much on the Indian Ocean. If BRE is/was a good fisherman it could be worth further consideration. Most fisherman I know don't like digging holes for themselves...

I remember LB too, so sad, she was only a child. Early 2000's was when the curb-crawlers were particularly bad so I'm not surprised your wife didn't remember particular car types. I had several girlfriends who were solicited on Harold St whilst walking with babies in prams. There would have been lots of complaints from residents, which led to the guy with the plastic-lined boot etc being inspected.

If your thoughts about the ocean are correct, it would be like finding a needle in a haystack :/

There was speculation that JR may have walked around the back to meet the employee in the vest. I agree with you, that carpark is a dead-end & small, IMO there's no way an attacker would risk getting trapped/seen there.

Here's the rear of the hotel. I think you can work out from the interior pic I posted earlier and this where the back doors are.

attachment.php
Thanks Shelly. Looking at this pic and from what other members have said about staff using it for smoke breaks, IMO there's no way an attacker would attempt to grab someone from that carpark - too risky of being seen/trapped in.

Bbm? For a long time against the opinion of some expert somewhere, the first rape at Karrakatta Cemetary wasn't linked to the murders. WAPol said it wasn't the same guy, not until DNA came through fairly recently that they linked it. Have I got that wrong?

Slightly off.
It was suspected of being linked but nothing was absolutely certain until the first evidence of a link in 2009 , then the was the well known official link in 2015.

Certain top detectives had a hunch it was connected imo . Google Terry Gorman karrakatta detective

I agree, way too risky and there's only one way out of there if you don't go through a door. Not safe for him at all and he wouldn't have been able to see the patrons in the pub.

Thanks Shelly. Looking at this pic and from what other members have said about staff using it for smoke breaks, IMO there's no way an attacker would attempt to grab someone from that carpark - too risky of being seen/trapped in.

The idea of a boat was canned when someone mentioned it. A one off trip to rotto for a long weekend is that so unusual? I'm not sure why people didn't like that theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste