Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having trouble seeing a car in the frame

Same, if posting a frame/screengrab can you please encircle the area where you think there is an object of interest..i.e. the car. Im using a 42" TV to look at it and I can't see **** lol

Thank goodness! I can see that car in every frame taken from that angle but it isn't there in the other camera. Why? The only explanation I can come up with is that the car has been removed from that footage. Who owned that car? Obviously it has significance or it wouldn't have been removed.

Also, the footage does not show Jane's friends driving up in a taxi and encouraging her to go with them. Why not? I see nothing of that nature at all, yet it is clear this happened...

rsbm
Also, the footage does not show Jane's friends driving up in a taxi and encouraging her to go with them. Why not? I see nothing of that nature at all, yet it is clear this happened...

a bit earlier that occured afaik

Did we get to the bottom of who owns ACR ( Australian Computer Resellers ) where CG was last seen outside? That was owned by the Edwards Family Trust? Which has a basement and a carpark behind and small laneway behind? Do we know for sure it wasn't owned by BRE family? Sorry if I missed the answer to this.

Im having trouble seeing a car in the frame .but there are two lights ?.

Same, if posting a frame/screengrab can you please encircle the area where you think there is an object of interest..i.e. the car. Im using a 42" TV to look at it and I can't see **** lol

Thank goodness! I can see that car in every frame taken from that angle but it isn't there in the other camera. Why? The only explanation I can come up with is that the car has been removed from that footage. Who owned that car? Obviously it has significance or it wouldn't have been removed.

Ok, as bad as my annotation attempts are, here is what I see. A small hatchback. The lights I believe you see are lights reflecting from the roof and rear passenger side pillar.

And, the reason the other camera can't see the car is because the car is behind the camera.

That's just what I believe I see - I could be wrong so it's just my opinion.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 00-04-19 Vehicle Camera Looking South Anot72D70P.jpg
    00-04-19 Vehicle Camera Looking South Anot72D70P.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 384
  • 00-04-19 Vehicle Camera Looking South Compare72D60P.jpg
    00-04-19 Vehicle Camera Looking South Compare72D60P.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 376
This is the only car to be clearly seen on cctv . This has been previously looked at in the last week but not thoroughly .
37292ae765cce763b0032fbf1b1ed6c8.jpg
cctv m.m

1> can anyone confirm whether on not the 1995 Commodire the police seized was his Telstra car or another employer's vehicle?
Can’t confirm that for definite, but some possible evidence that supports that:

#750, thread 10
Some timing confirmation regarding Telstra VS wagons. Text from a recall notice:
"In December 1995, a recall was issued for Holden VS Commodore wagons that were originally sold to Telstra fleets, fitted with Rhino roof rack ladders and in the product serial number range L818835 to L857194. For these vehicles, the Rhino roof rack was supplied with a standard nut on the ladder restraining strap instead of a Nyloc nut. If the nut came loose and the bolt fell out, the ladder could become unrestrained (PRA 1995/2648)"

2> it was earlier said BRE worked on the side in other electrical/communications related jobs. Is this confirmed?
Not that I know of, sorry- if anyone can confirm this, it would be great :)

3> have there been any proven other employers of BRE other than Telstra?
Not that I know of, no.

4> were Telstra vehicles using removable magnetic logos on vehicles regularly at this specific time:

The Weaver post #733 thread #10:

"Telstra Techs usually took their work cars home. A lot of those people were on call etc etc so needed continuous access to vehicle and tools. The thing with a lot of them was that the Telstra/Telecom logos on the things were often magnetic. Saved the cost of having signage removed when disposing of them. I worked for a large company in Perth who refused to have stickers put on their (extensive) fleet for the same reason. Without the signs it was just another white VS Wagon..."

Shinboner: post 712 thread #10
"My partner was actually working at a Perth Ford dealership around this time, and is certain that Telecom (as they were called) had a large fleet of Econovan vehicles, and more interestingly they also had a large fleet of XF Falcon Panelvans, which were used by their technicians. These vehicles were all serviced at the dealership as part of the warranty service schedules, and usually traded once out of warranty. The XF Panelvans were in production from 1984 - 1993. The Econovans have been in production longer from about 1983 onwards. These Telecom vehicles were white with both magnetic and stick-on Telecom decals."

5> where would coaxial cable have been most commonly used in Telstra services?
Short answer: Foxtel.

Longer answer:
The HFC would have involved it. HFC is the coaxial cable that provides Foxtel (by cable). In the 90s Telstra laid the cable to many houses across many suburbs (but not all streets in every suburb) to offer pay TV services.
"They were designed to carry PAY-TV (cable-tv) and developed by the cable TV industry to allow two-way, high-speed broadband content (video, voice and data) to be delivered to the home using a combination of fibre and coaxial cable."
http://www.itguyswa.com.au/hfc-hybrid-fibre-coaxial/
http://www.itguyswa.com.au/renting-a-home-did-you-check-this/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_fibre-coaxial

Hoping this helps you! :)

That was such a great reply

Thank you!

Did we get to the bottom of who owns ACR ( Australian Computer Resellers ) where CG was last seen outside? That was owned by the Edwards Family Trust? Which has a basement and a carpark behind and small laneway behind? Do we know for sure it wasn't owned by BRE family? Sorry if I missed the answer to this.

The bush land across the road from BRE parents would be a great place to look for SS however having been there many many times with our showhorses for shows I know it's frequented by bush walkers. Some walk along the path near the fence line and others through the bush scaring our horses. I think if she were there she would have been found by now unless of course she is buried.
When I first saw the pic of BRE and CGE I had no idea it was him I actually thought oh no it's not another domestic violence story. When I clicked on it I saw it was and immediately got goosebumps. He totally doesn't look like the boy next door to me. He is not attractive and he isn't the type I'd get in a car with. Seeing his size I doubt the girls stood a chance fighting against his strength. That is of course if he is CSK.
The sports theory could work. So so many Aussie men are so into sports and get right into it. How do we know it didn't trigger something in his brain. It's worth considering...

Continuing on from MrsNathanDrake, our court system is adversarial (so the 'adversaries', if you wish to see it like that, are the prosecution and defence), and the burden of proof rests on the prosecution (beyond reasonable doubt). The defence doesn't have to prove their clients innocence- just create reasonable doubt..So whichever side wins, is essentially up to the prosecution's ability to establish facts beyond a reasonable doubt... however it is not unheard of for the both sides to be 'blindsided' by the introduction of witnesses, etc.
Bingo, but this is where the jury system comes in, I have studied hundreds of high-profile murder cases in the US, invariably the jury makes the correct decision regarding the persons guilt or not, people invariably take jury duty very seriously, overwhelming circumstantial evidence in a judge-only trial is not enough to get a conviction, a good lawyer can find other plausible suspects for a crime, albeit even if its highly unlikely they did it, if it is still plausible the judge can say that is reasonable doubt even when there is overwhelming evidence to suggest the person charged with the crime committed the crime.

I believe BRE defence will use LW, and suggest he committed the crimes.

The bush land across the road from BRE parents would be a great place to look for SS however having been there many many times with our showhorses for shows I know it's frequented by bush walkers. Some walk along the path near the fence line and others through the bush scaring our horses. I think if she were there she would have been found by now unless of course she is buried.
When I first saw the pic of BRE and CGE I had no idea it was him I actually thought oh no it's not another domestic violence story. When I clicked on it I saw it was and immediately got goosebumps. He totally doesn't look like the boy next door to me. He is not attractive and he isn't the type I'd get in a car with. Seeing his size I doubt the girls stood a chance fighting against his strength. That is of course if he is CSK.
The sports theory could work. So so many Aussie men are so into sports and get right into it. How do we know it didn't trigger something in his brain. It's worth considering...

Vehicle_Camera_Looking_South_CSK_00_04_19.jpg

Apparently the place where CG was found was near a track going to a beekeepers area. Can't remember where I read the info.
Before I speculate and theorise any further I'd like to say this: I'm as eager as the next person for SS to be found, at least for closure if not justice too. However, we also need to remind ourselves that the likely truth is, sadly SS may never be found without a confession. There hasn't been any real revelations since the arrest that give much or any clue that narrows down any location more likely than before the arrest. However, it's a given that a location is going to be speculated with fresh perspective now that there is someone charged in relation to JR and CG and a connection between those two has been allegedly proven. Now to resume the speculating...

I'm still in two minds over whether or not I believe the dumping grounds were pre-planned. The location JR was found is unique in that Woolcoot Road in general seems to be a more densely foliaged area than much of its surrounds. At night time everything would look the same out there, however pre-existing familiarity during the day would make this extra foliage quite apparent. Then there is the galvanised road barriers close by, where Woolcoot road crosses a drainage ditch. One could speculate that this little crossing served as a personal marker for the alleged.

As for Pipidinny Road, the CG site was at (what seemed to be at the time) a somewhat unique spur of sandy area immediately off where the parallel trail links with the road. Perhaps these are both inconsequential. Otherwise, for a third site assuming the MO was similar enough, we ought to be looking for similar criteria: Something unique about it in terms of access or a landmark; Somewhere that stands out with nothing but for a light source but a vehicle's headlights; Either besides a graded road, or a besides a gravel road not too distant from graded road.

That is definatly a car but it doesn't look like JR is interested in getting in it IMO.
Ok, as bad as my annotation attempts are, here is what I see. A small hatchback. The lights I believe you see are lights reflecting from the roof and rear passenger side pillar.

And, the reason the other camera can't see the car is because the car is behind the camera.

That's just what I believe I see - I could be wrong so it's just my opinion.

attachment.php
attachment.php

This is the only car to be clearly seen on cctv . This has been previously looked at in the last week but not thoroughly .
37292ae765cce763b0032fbf1b1ed6c8.jpg
cctv m.m

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the same car. It has a very distinctive slope along the back window. If so and this footage frame was after the frame where it came around the corner it must have done a u-turn and parked out front to pick someone up. It is parked in the spots that are marked for taxis in some of the photos of the conti at the time.

The person sitting in that car would have had a perfect view of anything that went down there. In the pictures it looks dark in colour. That said jane's top was a different colour to what it looked in the pictures too.

Based on the evidence we have the probability is that SS is at least 40km away from Claremont and somewhat hidden.

This guy was methodical and this was not his first rodeo, he would have planned roughly where the dump was going to occur.

Telstra jobs or fishing spots 40+ kms away from claremont

Not Crazy. This is from 00:04:19 (from the time-stamp within the CCTV) :

attachment.php
Clearly shows two cars in the left of the frame. Rear one with headlights on, right up the bum of the first, whose chrome wheels can clearly be seen. They are gone later, so they're probably moving. Being a taxi rank I expect as the road markings later appear to be yellow indicating a taxi or pick up drop off zone only. Proper parking bays are white, not yellow.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Based on the evidence we have the probability is that SS is at least 40km away from Claremont and somewhat hidden.

This guy was methodical and this was not his first rodeo, he would have planned roughly where the dump was going to occur.

Telstra jobs or fishing spots 40+ kms away from claremont

I think you will find that at the time Huntingdale was approx 35-40km trip from Claremont.

Tonkin hwy ended at Albany hwy back then so this could be a good dump spot for SS. It fits with the dumping MO of being near the end of major arterial road, approx 40km from Claremont and It's a matter of minutes from the accused's home via corfield st/southern river road.

Finding anything 20 years on? chances are slim IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW Ciara DID have blonde hair although it may have been highlights - the photo that was first published of her was a year old, just wanted to clear that up.
attachment.php

Attachments

• girls.jpg
    girls.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 347
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors