Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing discussion on alleged CSK BRE's pattern of offending on, or near, public holidays:

Huntingdale Attack (15 Feb 1988) 1 day after Valentines Day celebrated on 14th Feb.
*Was BRE single in Feb 1988? Maybe BRE upset he had no 'Valentine' so he went and found a victim to attack?

KK Abduction/Rape (12 Feb 1995) 2 days before Valentines Day.
*Was BRE single or splitting from ECE at this time?

SS Suspected Abduction/Murder (26/27 Jan 1996) Australia Day 26th January annual public holiday.

JR Abduction/Murder (8 June 1996) 1 week after a long weekend public holiday in Western Australia.

CG Abduction/Murder (14/15 March 1997) 2-3 days before St Patricks Day which is not a public Holiday in Perth, but is commonly celebrated in WA due to high proportion of Irish born people and/or their descendants living in Perth.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Also as I stated previously BRE's SD birthday is 25 April 1994, and 25 April is annual public holiday in Australia for Anzac Day remembering our war time heroes. (sorry can't recall source of b'day for SD)

Spooks-R-Us - it has been determined BRE was on Facebook the morning he was arrested - he was a member of the West Coast Eagles (WCE) football (footy) team - (even posting on WCE Facebook page hours before the TRG raided his Kewdale home to arrest him) WCE play their home games at Subiaco Oval and yes, Karrakatta cemetery is quite close - on the way to Claremont if you were going from the Oval to Claremont. And yes, - you don't have to be Irish to want to have any number of days off around the 17th March St Patricks Day in Perth - all pubs serving green beer and generally very very busy. I take Paddys day off work every year and I'm not Irish.

Spooks-R-Us - it has been determined BRE was on Facebook the morning he was arrested - he was a member of the West Coast Eagles (WCE) football (footy) team - (even posting on WCE Facebook page hours before the TRG raided his Kewdale home to arrest him) WCE play their home games at Subiaco Oval and yes, Karrakatta cemetery is quite close - on the way to Claremont if you were going from the Oval to Claremont. And yes, - you don't have to be Irish to want to have any number of days off around the 17th March St Patricks Day in Perth - all pubs serving green beer and generally very very busy. I take Paddys day off work every year and I'm not Irish.

Yes I had a 'brain fart' when i wrote that, but I also edited my ppost above, stating most west Aussies had a second team based in the eastern states that they followed.

<modsnip>

I just listed football related events because many sleuthers here focused on the game theory linking CSK attacks to games.
If alleged CSK BRE was a betting man, then this would have been hugely aggravating for him. I'm also assuming that: a) you're not from WA/Perth, or b) you're not a AFL footy fan, or c) both a and b, for fact you can't imagine how frustrating this delay would be for footy fans.

Remember no theory is too ridiculous when we're discussing a SK! Because SK's generally have different motives and values to non-SK's.

And apologies for the confusion - my pun above was in relation to my use of the word 'avenue' in "find avenue for his anger". I was in NO way insinuating the CSK went out and offended near a street with the word 'saint'.

<modsnip>

Info that helps explain while WAPOL delayed the public release of JR's video from FBI website.

"IX. Media Issues in Serial Murder Investigations
......Often the relationship between law enforcement and the media is not a close one. In some law enforcement agencies, there is a long history of distrust and resentment underpinning this relationship. From the law enforcement perspective, the media publishes unauthorized information from investigations, hypothesizes on investigative progress, and uses talking heads to critique the investigative efforts. From the media&#8217;s standpoint, law enforcement withholds too much information and does not communicate adequately with the media. It is counterproductive for law enforcement to sustain contentious relationships with the media, while attempting to develop an overall strategy for a successful serial murder investigation. The only party who benefits from this negative relationship is the serial murderer, who may continue to avoid detection. A respectful, cooperative relationship between law enforcement and the media will serve the missions of both.
It becomes essential for law enforcement personnel involved in a serial murder investigation to design and implement an effective media plan. The plan should provide timely information on a regular basis, without compromising the investigative endeavors. It is essential for media releases to be closely coordinated with investigative strategies. This helps determine the best times to both educate and solicit information from the public concerning certain aspects of the investigation. Once a media plan is established, law enforcement can be more proactive than reactive in its media strategy."

Excerpt is from FBI webpage link provided by another sleuther in CSK thread with photos no discussion etc.
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

<modsnip> I'm from Perth. Been to at least one WAFL game a week since 1980 and one AFL game a week since 1987 in one capacity or another. I'll leave you to work out how many that is. Yes I understand the disappointment and frustration of losing and yes even the frustration of a game being interrupted.

<modsnip>

ALERT: ALL Computer programmers!
Any chance CSK used some basic programming techniques and twisted them somehow to help choose dumping sites?
I'm totally clueless about computer programming!

GUEST READERS!
maybe its time you registered here and helped out! LOL

Any chance CSK used some basic programming techniques and twisted them somehow to help choose dumping sites?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Continuing discussion on alleged CSK BRE's pattern of offending on, or near, public holidays:

Huntingdale Attack (15 Feb 1988) 1 day after Valentines Day celebrated on 14th Feb.
*Was BRE single in Feb 1988? Maybe BRE upset he had no 'Valentine' so he went and found a victim to attack?

KK Abduction/Rape (12 Feb 1995) 2 days before Valentines Day.
*Was BRE single or splitting from ECE at this time?

SS Suspected Abduction/Murder (26/27 Jan 1996) Australia Day 26th January annual public holiday.

JR Abduction/Murder (8 June 1996) 1 week after a long weekend public holiday in Western Australia.

CG Abduction/Murder (14/15 March 1997) 2-3 days before St Patricks Day which is not a public Holiday in Perth, but is commonly celebrated in WA due to high proportion of Irish born people and/or their descendants living in Perth.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Also as I stated previously BRE's SD birthday is 25 April 1994, and 25 April is annual public holiday in Australia for Anzac Day remembering our war time heroes. (sorry can't recall source of b'day for SD)

IMO CSK is an impulsive opportunist who stalks the vulnerable and murders when he wants and not the planning type you suggest but there is no right or wrong guess. Milat was bashed in prison on his first day. If your theory becomes confirmed he can be tortured by being forced to watch collingwood and confess to his favorite player because he is such an eagles tragic. I hope your theory is true...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he knows the terrain around every exchange and had access to maps incl the states infrastructure. I also think he could be in the frame for Gerard Ross. Interesting to note he was dumped 18km out from the furtherest Telstra Exchange Baldivis. As JR and CG were. Coincidence probably but if my math was better ld work out the odds on that. Also recall a prostitutes body? was found near Mandurah Weir. Depending on where exactly that may also fall in line. Im not suggesting this is how he's specifically selecting sites, ie. in kms ... but l theorise a pattern may be emerging and at about 18kms from the Exchange he starts to think, consciously or not, its getting safer for him and he starts looking for a place to pull over.

I guess it would be possible to get a computer to plot some random points on a map quite easily but what would be the point in that? If we're talking about a specially designed program to pick out dump sites based on distance, concealed location, distance from housing developments, likelihood of discovery etc. I think this is unlikely in the extreme. Just my opinion. Apparently there's an app for everything but not in back in 96. What would you call such an program anyway? Bodydump 2.0.... for all you serial killers out there download on the App Store today. First review could say - Terrible app. Paid $2.99 and the body was discovered within 4 hours by a man walking his dog. Waiting for a knock on the door. I want a refund.

I guess it would be possible to get a computer to plot some random points on a map quite easily but what would be the point in that? If we're talking about a specially designed program to pick out dump sites based on distance, concealed location, distance from housing developments, likelihood of discovery etc. I think this is unlikely in the extreme. Just my opinion. Apparently there's an app for everything but not in back in 96. What would you call such an program anyway? Bodydump 2.0.... for all you serial killers out there download on the App Store today. First review could say - Terrible app. Paid $2.99 and the body was discovered within 4 hours by a man walking his dog. Waiting for a knock on the door. I want a refund.
Google Earth will show historical imagery by using the slider. The Baldivis area has changed quite a lot. The other sites not so much but also interesting is that those sites havent been built over that l can tell, not sure exactly how often GE updates. It varies from a month a year plus. Did he know as a Telstra tech they wouldnt be? GE was what l used to check the previous theory.

CP345 - maybe you missed your calling in life to be a comedian - or just the heckler sitting in the front row giving the comedian a hardtime!Again so quick to criticise!

I'm wondering if BRE saw SS in the phone box and pulled up and got out and pretended he was waiting for the phone. SS finishes the call, sees him outside and just walks near him to wait fir the taxi. Maybe then he hooded her and put her in the car in a blitz attack? Just a theory of mine for discussion. It's just JR that drives me crazy. She was definitely waiting for soneone. I heard somewhere Police have linked BRE to the hotel. I assume that's the Continental. May have been a regular there and studied everyone and had passing chats with girls and just blended into the background and left when the girl left theft in his car and offer them a lift? But I can't see this working with JR because it looked like her and her friends were going to Club Bayview. The only thing I can think of us he had big enough balls to pick her up outside the hotel after he had offered her a lift home at midnight when he chatted to her earlier at the Continental. Just my opinion and thoughts. Any thoughts from on this theory?

And remember guys, just ignore people who get on your nerves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if BRE saw SS in the phone box and pulled up and got out and pretended he was waiting for the phone. SS finishes the call, sees him outside and just walks near him to wait fir the taxi. Maybe then he hooded her and put her in the car in a blitz attack? Just a theory of mine for discussion. It's just JR that drives me crazy. She was definitely waiting for soneone. I heard somewhere Police have linked BRE to the hotel. I assume that's the Continental. May have been a regular there and studied everyone and had passing chats with girls and just blended into the background and left when the girl left theft in his car and offer them a lift? But I can't see this working with JR because it looked like her and her friends were going to Club Bayview. The only thing I can think of us he had big enough balls to pick her up outside the hotel after he had offered her a lift home at midnight when he chatted to her earlier at the Continental. Just my opinion and thoughts. Any thoughts from on this theory?

iCandy was it JR or SS that told someone she was meeting a guy, but told the Bouncer that she was going home?

I think what you've said is possible for SS. Very high risk MO on that corner though and unlike the area he used the same MO in Rowe park. Stirling Street is fairly busy in its own right and obviously Stirling Highway is very busy. Given the time of night it's possible it was quiet. Pretending to wait for the phone would have certainly given him the opportunity to get close to her but I think she'd finished using the phone by the time the last witnesses saw her waiting by the roadside for the cab. They were concerned that she was alone so the CSK wasn't there at that stage.

Not sure it's been mentioned too much that the SS abduction was 2 hours later than the KK attack and both other known abductions of the CSK. Stirling street is one of a few ways back out onto the highway from Claremont. I think he'd been potentially stalking in the area that night and was on his way home empty handed so to speak when he stumbled upon an opportunity and the last moment and couldn't resist. Obviously just my opinion.

iCandy was it JR or SS that told someone she was meeting a guy, but told the Bouncer that she was going home?

SS spoke to the bouncer before leaving and booked a cab to Mosman Park to stay with a friend. I believe the friend was a guy she had recently met. As far as I'm aware there was no discussion between JR and the bouncer.

BTW pretty cocky and gutsy of CSK dumping JR's body about 4km (straight line) from a maximum security prison!
Surely prison staff and police officers would be coming and going around the area of the prison at all times of the day and night.
Maybe CSK placed JR 'close-by' this prison so if he/she was caught in the future, the CSK could be close by to dumping site and have a near-by reminder.

<modsnip>

Was just thinkin the nickname may also come from getting a car bogged.

During the last yr of high school most students back then would have been of age to get a learners permit and P plates. (Personal knowlege).

He may have been driving in the bush with mates and got a car bogged?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member