Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The top of the car appeared to be crushed down to the window sills. The picture I've seen comes from screen grabs of one of the ClaremontGhost 'hint' videos.

See the attached pics at the bottom of this post at thread #4 by papertrail:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Western-Australia-4&p=12396408#post12396408

Someone mentioned having grabbed those videos - would love to know if they exist.
Yeah id love to see them too. So if the roof was all caved in that would mean it had been pummeled by waves. The groyne at cotts is to protect the beach from waves and sand drift isn't it. Would that mean the car was maybe smashed against the groyne or a Reef.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah id love to see them too. So if the roof was all caved in that would mean it had been pummeled by waves. The groyne at cotts is to protect the beach from waves and sand drift isn't it. Would that mean the car was maybe smashed against the groyne or a Reef.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Or is it possible car landed on its roof after being rolled/pushed over the edge from height...? From another location..and with tidal movements made its way down/up coast arriving at its final destination of Cott Beach?

The attached article from West Australian (2006) related an incident just weeks prior to JC going missing, whereby someone 'tailgated' her on Stirling Highway and tried to run her off the road - JC was very disturbed by this incident.

Possibility that JC may have been stalked.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 10.21.06 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 10.21.06 am.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 233
Sigh...People need to look at previous posts today whereby it's as plain as day as evidenced in photos that you don't have to drive over grass to get down to the beach. There is an access road that drives right down to the beach in front of the Indiana with a ramp leading down to the sand - and it was winter when the tide is very high.
Would like to back this comment up - in winter the tide can come up directly to the Indiana. I have seen the water lapping the access road/ramp on quite a few occasions. It is also on a slope so you could effectively roll a car into the sea and sometime into quite rough weather. I have attached a photo I found (Stock photo/ Google search) of poor weather conditions at Cottelsoe Beach - in this condition the sea would actually overlap the ramp.

attachment.php

Attachments

• exceptionally-large-high-tide-waves-pound-against-the-indiana-tea-BYCCE1.jpg
    exceptionally-large-high-tide-waves-pound-against-the-indiana-tea-BYCCE1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 228
The above article states that the vehicle was found in the surf 2 days after she was last seen at the Parmelia Hilton - so where was JC and car taken in between?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would like to add to the above, is possible the car was in the water, just not seen.

BRE would have had access after hours but not without informing the person in charge to get access. These days it's just card access to open the door but back then you had to phone someone to get granted access.

The other thing that I've noticed about the Cottesloe Exchange location in the weeks since I checked it out is this:
When you approach it from the south, heading towards Claremont, the side street that runs down the side of the exchange is angled in such a way and on the outside of the corner of Stirling Hwy that you would have to turn your head completely away from the road and look >90 degrees to your left as your passing in order to see down the street.
And if you're approaching from the north, as BRE would have done let's say; then you can't see down the side street because the road drops away down a hill.
In other words sightlines down to the back/side of the exchange are extremely limited, even during the day, let alone in the pitch black of the night.

BRE would have had access after hours but not without informing the person in charge to get access. These days it's just card access to open the door but back then you had to phone someone to get granted access.

if an employee had to phone someone to be granted access, would that have been simply a courtesy/protocol?
or would access have perhaps necessitated the disabling of a central security alarm?

would "sneaky" unauthorised access have been possible without there being any record of it?

how frequently might those premises be accessed?
eg. on a regular, daily basis, or just for the occasional maintenance?

[emoji887]

What are the main theories around where CSK took the victims immediately following abduction?

I can't move past the Cottesloe Exchange as a location.

My reasoning is this:
With either scenario of blitz attack or convincing a victim to willingly get into his car the CSK would have to have an immense amount of audacity to then drive any kind of significant distance from the abduction site.
In the blitz scenario the victim would be incapacitated for a short while, but there's too high a chance they recover, fight back or draw attention to the vehicle.
In the other scenario I believe the victim would rapidly realise something was astray and fight back, or draw attention to the vehicle.

Consequently CSK can't have gone far from the abduction site before stopping and 'dealing' with the victim, either incapacitating/subduing them more effectively than what is possible in the small window of opportunity of an abduction or worse, before heading on to another location to dump the victim or similar.

The Cottesloe Exchange seems perfect to me for this.

Anyone else have any thoughts? And/or can someone poke holes in my theory?

What are the main theories around where CSK took the victims immediately following abduction?

I can't move past the Cottesloe Exchange as a location.

My reasoning is this:
With either scenario of blitz attack or convincing a victim to willingly get into his car the CSK would have to have an immense amount of audacity to then drive any kind of significant distance from the abduction site.
In the blitz scenario the victim would be incapacitated for a short while, but there's too high a chance they recover, fight back or draw attention to the vehicle.
In the other scenario I believe the victim would rapidly realise something was astray and fight back, or draw attention to the vehicle.

Consequently CSK can't have gone far from the abduction site before stopping and 'dealing' with the victim, either incapacitating/subduing them more effectively than what is possible in the small window of opportunity of an abduction or worse, before heading on to another location to dump the victim or similar.

The Cottesloe Exchange seems perfect to me for this.

Anyone else have any thoughts? And/or can someone poke holes in my theory?
I think its highly likely BRE utilised this location. Also believe he had a few locations.

Every exchange has an underground chamber where the cables come in from the street. Also Cottesloe is 2 storey. Downstairs there is the lunch room toilets and other storerooms etc.

I might have got the 2-storey bit wrong. But old mate tells me only the larger exchanges have underground chambers. I wouldn’t know personally.

if an employee had to phone someone to be granted access, would that have been simply a courtesy/protocol?
or would access have perhaps necessitated the disabling of a central security alarm?

would "sneaky" unauthorised access have been possible without there being any record of it?

how frequently might those premises be accessed?
eg. on a regular, daily basis, or just for the occasional maintenance?

[emoji887]

From what I have been told by a Tech who was at Telecom at the time the door had to be opened remotely hence the need to call. As far as people at the exchange, they were maned during the day. Because there was no internet back then there was not much need for techs to go to the exchange only out in the field. I have it on good authority that BRE was a PABX (phone system) tech and that's why he had a commodore not a van.

Could BRE have been the person in charge?

From what I have been told by a Tech who was at Telecom at the time the door had to be opened remotely hence the need to call. As far as people at the exchange, they were maned during the day. Because there was no internet back then there was not much need for techs to go to the exchange only out in the field. I have it on good authority that BRE was a PABX (phone system) tech and that's why he had a commodore not a van.

There must have been a way to manually enter the building, old fashion-style. I would be amazed if it would pass fire safety standards, say (not that I know anything about those) to have a building with doors that can only be opened remotely.

Even remote controlled doors break down ...

There must have been a way to manually enter the building, old fashion-style. I would be amazed if it would pass fire safety standards, say (not that I know anything about those) to have a building with doors that can only be opened remotely.

Highly likely there would have been key access also. We should also note that security in the late 80's & 90's was not like it is today.

moustachio - by hook or by crook we must exhaust all avenues of his ability to discreetly utilize such a convenient, comfortable, and familiar location.

silvertongue - KK cemetery? ... hm, i dunno. it's dark & secluded, etc, but i'm of the opinion he might have considered it too risky following publicity surrounding the previous bash and rape ... surely there would have been increased security patrols after that?

[emoji887]

I actually tend to think that the more difficult access to the exchange was, the more attractive a facility it would have been to BRE ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member