Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, no worries, I didn't even notice you'd misspelled it. I know you used to be able to drive nearly all the way down to the beach on the other side of the Indian Tea House because I've done it myslef, but how it was driven into the sand is hard to figure out. I've never actually seen any photos of that car on the beach, but the tide does change quite a lot and could have been dragged further into the sea.

I guess with high tide, with a historically closer water line, a brick on the gas pedal, and ropes restricting steering wheel movement, if you got up enough speed, the car MIGHT make it to the water line. Then the waves could maybe eventually coax the car into the water, in same way the waves and high tide catches people out when they leave their gear too close to the waters edge.

Just wondering if someone could please show me on this photo how JC car managed to make it to the ocean I cant see anywhere a car can be driven onto the beach especially an old 2wd car.<modsnip>

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Maybe on a barge from the swan river? Sounds crazy I know.. bet you don't have any pics of the river

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was June, winter time when they found JC's vehicle submerged at Cott Beach. I know for a fact that you could drive a car down to the retaining wall near the surf skis - and the tide is very high and waves are so strong at that time of the year, they reach the retaining wall near the sand.

I guess with high tide, with a historically closer water line, a brick on the gas pedal, and ropes restricting steering wheel movement, if you got up enough speed, the car MIGHT make it to the water line. Then the waves could maybe eventually coax the car into the water, in same way the waves and high tide catches people out when they leave their gear too close to the waters edge.

I'm a photographer and here's a photo I took during late afternoon at Cottesloe beach in July 2011 (winter). I'm not sure that those bollards were there in the 1990's but the waves do come right up to the wall at times.

attachment.php

Whoever dumped the car there would have to be handy but.. can't work it out

Attachments

• cottesloe beach winter resized.jpg
    cottesloe beach winter resized.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 270
I'm a photographer and here's a photo I took during late afternoon at Cottesloe beach in July 2011 (winter). I'm not sure that those bollards were there in the 1990's but the waves do come right up to the wall at times.

attachment.php

Off topic but well done on the photo. Really nice.

attachment.php

What a beautiful photo!

attachment.php

I like your photo better than the other one for sure nice work

I'm replying to posts about JC, some posters are wondering and asking how the car could be driven into the ocean. This clearly shows that a car could be driven along in front of the Indiana and down the ramp.

Off topic but well done on the photo. Really nice.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/20158795?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com

A quick look at google earth revealed a photograph showing a mramp to the beach, there is also a 2004 overhead photo showing how easy would have been.

In about 2009 I recovered a bmw series 3 that had driven onto the beach by an amorous couple.

Access was very easy and the sand as quite hard .

The other thing to consider is that just because it was found at cott that's not necessarily where it got onto the beach. Could have got onto the beach somewhere with boat ramp access to the north and driven along the hard sand in the wash for quite a distance.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/20158795?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com

A quick look at google earth revealed a photograph showing a mramp to the beach, there is also a 2004 overhead photo showing how easy would have been.

In about 2009 I recovered a bmw series 3 that had driven onto the beach by an amorous couple.

Access was very easy and the sand as quite hard .

Thanks Ambit and Look4Clues....I find it odd that Perth locals wouldn't be able to work out that you could drive a car onto Cottesloe beach. Anyone who's been there can see it is possible IMO.

Thanks Ambit and Look4Clues....I find it odd that Perth locals wouldn't be able to work out that you could drive a car onto Cottesloe beach. Anyone who's been there can see it is possible IMO.

Yeah there's vehicles there all the time using that access road that runs parallel to the beach during sculptures by the sea.

I was looking for photo of JC car to see how it might have ended up in water and I've come across a website that has something interesting. Not sure on reliability of site as they have year of death as 1998 instead of 88 but they say a plaque will be erected for her next to her mothers grave at Karakatta cemetery...
This is the link but not sure as to the reliability of the website.
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=103679664

I was looking for photo of JC car to see how it might have ended up in water and I've come across a website that has something interesting. Not sure on reliability of site as they have year of death as 1998 instead of 88 but they say a plaque will be erected for her next to her mothers grave at Karakatta cemetery...
This is the link but not sure as to the reliability of the website.
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=103679664

Thanks for that.

That's interesting re possible DNA found on cigarette filters left in her car.....

That wouldn't be possible, there are no boat ramps north close enough and her car wasn't a 4WD. And a big part of the beach in North Cottesloe is blocked off due to reef exposure during winter.

The other thing to consider is that just because it was found at cott that's not necessarily where it got onto the beach. Could have got onto the beach somewhere with boat ramp access to the north and driven along the hard sand in the wash for quite a distance.

Are there any photos of the car after it was retrieved it might have tell take signs like the front end all smashdd in from being driven flat out off the rocks

Just wondering why the perp of the JC case just didn't drive the car in to the river definately looks like a much firmer surface to drive on like in the pic below.
Plus it's tidal so it would have pulled the car away from the dump spot quicker.
<modsnip>

Are there any photos of the car after it was retrieved it might have tell take signs like the front end all smashdd in from being driven flat out off the rocks

I have been looking everywhere but can only find a reference that there was one on newspix.com which is no longer there. I did find a website that says the car was upside down 50m from the beach???
does that mean they drove it off the groyne? 50m is a long way out.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...s/news-story/66be6757b29872fee76a78308987688d

Just wondering why the perp of the JC case just didn't drive the car in to the river definately looks like a much firmer surface to drive on like in the pic below.
Plus it's tidal so it would have pulled the car away from the dump spot quicker.
<modsnip>

So my barge theory is up the river?

true, that, and if the car really was floating upside down, as stated in the following extract, what's to say it didn't enter the ocean at a location other than cottesloe???

"... the case of Julie Cutler who went missing in 1988. She disappeared after going to a work party at the Parmelia Hilton.
Two days later her car was found upside-down in the ocean off Cottesloe Beach.
Superintendent Ron Carey, who investigated the case, said the back seat of the car had been washed out of the vehicle and was found on a nearby beach.

"If the back seat could wash out why didn't Julie's body if she was in the car? Why didn't her shoes, handbag or some other item of property wash up?" he said while being interviewed for the Channel Nine documentary "To Catch a Killer" ten years ago.

"I believe she was never in the car when it went off Cottesloe Groyne. I believe that Julie was murdered and that the body was buried or secreted somewhere else before the car was dumped in the ocean." ...

[ http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/c...-of-missing-and-murdered-20161231-gtk9el.html ]

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
I have been looking everywhere but can only find a reference that there was one on newspix.com which is no longer there. I did find a website that says the car was upside down 50m from the beach???
does that mean they drove it off the groyne? 50m is a long way out.

[emoji887]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member