Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think being in a relationship has less to do with basic sexual needs being met & the fact that people in relationships are accountable for their time in a way that they don't have to be when single. "Having his sexual needs fulfilled" makes it sounds like the only thing stopping him from killing is getting his end away regularly. I think people use that idea as a shortcut to the way that men often have their emotions managed & modulated by their partners who do that emotional labour for them in relationships, which means their urges to commit crimes are lessened... until/unless there are issues/a break up when stress can be a factor in driving their urges up again.

<modsnip>

I agree. These crimes took time to plan and commit and then clean up. So the CSK needed time and space without being questioned by a partner or wife.

And .....imagine if CSK derived sexual pleasure through the acts of abduction, rape and murder, then I can't imagine many women who be comfortable role-playing that particular scenario with any frequency. Especially at intensity required for a suspected serial rapist/murderer.

Maybe the accused is also a voyeur?
A Peeping Tom! Would explain all those years at athletics (sorry a horrible thought).
I wonder if the accused started out watching women first, then B&E and sexual assault, then abduction and sexual assault, then abduction sexual assault and murder???

I think being in a relationship has less to do with basic sexual needs being met & the fact that people in relationships are accountable for their time in a way that they don't have to be when single. "Having his sexual needs fulfilled" makes it sounds like the only thing stopping him from killing is getting his end away regularly. I think people use that idea as a shortcut to the way that men often have their emotions managed & modulated by their partners who do that emotional labour for them in relationships, which means their urges to commit crimes are lessened... until/unless there are issues/a break up when stress can be a factor in driving their urges up again.

<modsnip>

It's funny you say the part about accounting for time in a relationship. I am similar age and appearance to victims and had moved in with my boyfriend (now my husband). Always had the thought in the back of my head it could be him (similar taste in women) or someone else I knew, was actually relieved when I was with him on the night CG went missing and could rule him out. I know lots of people who felt the same way about fathers, brothers, etc the whole of Perth was on edge.

I assumed he was driven by a sexual need due to the previous attempted rape and rape, but you're right it could have been driven by the stress of the break up. Would be interesting to know what proceeded the rape and attempted rape, if there were similar circumstances.

The best thing we can do to find SS is look at the known facts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

True there were always drunk people around. And somebody may have been hassling Sarah.
But I thought a woman would feel safer around lots of drunk people nearby to a club compared to standing alone on a quiet street??

How confident were the witnesses that it was actually Sarah ? Or did they say it was somebody who looked like Sarah that they saw in Stirling Road?

Maybe BRE rented another property in Perth during 1996-1997 that he keep secret somehow????
Or BRE had access to another property, residential or commercial, through a friend, accomplice, or maybe the accused stole some keys and helped himself!!!???

Not sure of exact locations the abductions were likely to have occurred. I was under the impression the phone box was corner of Stirling hwy and Stirling rd near the Bayview.
Its interesting you say that about property, his parents may have had other properties. I think he rented off them and later bought the house from them, maybe with his first wife? Can anyone confirm?

Facts known are she was last seen standing on that corner after phoning a taxi. This has been confirmed in MSN as they checked the taxi records as well as the phone records with the eye witness statements from the guys in the car driving past gave a window of about 4 - 7 mins before the taxi she called rocked up. I'll chase up the link for this and post it once find it in my files.

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/claremont-timeline.html?m=1

Link above

But if we keep rehashing known facts how ever will we find new leads???

IMO, what the case now needs most, is credible witnesses to present their information to WAPOL and the prosecution or defence teams.

IMO, any witness with half a brain, is not going to want to provide their evidence on a public forum, unless they are concerned that their evidence might be, or has been ignored, and are prepared for the scrutiny and risks that going social media public involves in something like the CSK.

IMO, too much continued pointless or voodoo fact-less public forum speculation might scare away legit witnesses from disclosing their evidence to those that need to know. (Readers of this forum are not need to knows).

<modsnip>

I'm answering from a two page back post here so I apologise in advance if already answered. I think what you're referring to are the posts of Noel C since deceased. He was convinced that the CSK was a taxi driver living behind him and claimed that the girls were taken for the production of a certain kind of film. I think he actually did believe what he was saying but I think it's safe to say it's not accurate. The police dismissed it as rubbish hence his constant posting of his theory on these forums. I think the recent arrest puts his theories to bed.

Just re the term 'dump site' distressing some readers/posters....

I'm reading The Devil's Garden and Debi Marshall refers to them as 'disposal sites'.

That may feel more respectful for people?

I'm answering from a two page back post here so I apologise in advance if already answered. I think what you're referring to are the posts of Noel C since deceased. He was convinced that the CSK was a taxi driver living behind him and claimed that the girls were taken for the production of a certain kind of film. I think he actually did believe what he was saying but I think it's safe to say it's not accurate. The police dismissed it as rubbish hence his constant posting of his theory on these forums. I think the recent arrest puts his theories to bed.

Ok thanks CP345
Good to know

Yes, she phoned a taxi from that phone booth near the corner of Stirling Highway on Stirling Road (west side). I was very familiar with that phone booth and had made calls from it myself years ago. After making the phone-call she crossed over to the other side of Stirling Road (east side) and was seen by witnesses - some guys in a car driving by. According to those witnesses another car was driving behind them which didn't turn the corner.

Facts known are she was last seen standing on that corner after phoning a taxi. This has been confirmed in MSN as they checked the taxi records as well as the phone records with the eye witness statements from the guys in the car driving past gave a window of about 4 - 7 mins before the taxi she called rocked up. I'll chase up the link for this and post it once find it in my files.

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/claremont-timeline.html?m=1

Link above

Just wondering if someone could please show me on this photo how JC car managed to make it to the ocean I cant see anywhere a car can be driven onto the beach especially an old 2wd car.<modsnip>

Yes, she phoned a taxi from that phone booth near the corner of Stirling Highway on Stirling Road (west side). I was very familiar with that phone booth and had made calls from it myself years ago. After making the phone-call she crossed over to the other side of Stirling Road (east side) and was seen by witnesses - some guys in a car driving by. According to those witnesses another car was driving behind them which didn't turn the corner.

Thanks - I didn't know Sarah crossed the street over to east side. That's a new piece of puzzle for slow little Ol' moi!!! Cheers

Just wondering if someone could please show me on this photo how JC car managed to make it to the ocean I cant see anywhere a car can be driven onto the beach especially an old 2wd car.<modsnip>

Yes I was wondering same thing - except that on both sides of building in pic there are ramps, but ramps don't make it all the way to water line.

Then there's the sand and getting bogged!!!

And a car couldn't be driven off groin because of massive boulders?? Any idea when the current groin was constructed?? We need old pics of Cott beach from that time frame.

Also the waterline may have been closer when car got beached!

There was speculation at the time that the killer may have taken her into the gym (BC the Body Club) which was on the corner near where she was last seen standing, leaning against a bollard. The gym burned down not long afterwards which made it look all the more suspicious.

Thanks - I didn't know Sarah crossed the street over to east side. That's a new piece of puzzle for slow little Ol' moi!!! Cheers

The Cott groyne was built in 1959. I too have always wondered how the car made it all the way to the water line.

Yes I was wondering same thing - except that on both sides of building in pic there are ramps, but ramps don't make it all the way to water line.

Then there's the sand and getting bogged!!!

And a car couldn't be driven off groin because of massive boulders?? Any idea when the current groin was constructed?? We need old pics of Cott beach from that time frame.

Also the waterline may have been closer when car got beached!

Wondering the same thing too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cott groyne was built in 1959. I too have always wondered how the car made it all the way to the water line.

Haha thanks for correcting my groin to groyne!

When car was found, was it submerged? And far off Coast??

Haha, no worries, I didn't even notice you'd misspelled it. I know you used to be able to drive nearly all the way down to the beach on the other side of the Indiana Tea House because I've done it myself, but how it was driven into the sand is hard to figure out. I've never actually seen any photos of that car on the beach, but the tide does change quite a lot and could have been dragged further into the sea.

Haha thanks for correcting my groin to groyne!

When car was found, was it submerged? And far off Coast??

Whoever dumped the car there would have to be handy but.. can't work it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads