Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to the theory of coaxing them into the car, do we know what Telstra cars looked like back then? Was it just the logo on the front doors?
Is it possible that the CSK took his work car and wore his uniform, stops by CG and says something like "what are you doing out here? It's dangerous to be out here alone after those girls went missing. Look, it's against company policy to have anyone in the car when I'm on a job but I think they'll understand just this once. Not like I can just leave you here, wouldn't be able to go to sleep knowing you didn't get home safe. Why don't you hop in and I'll give you a lift."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to add to the theory of coaxing them into the car, do we know what Telstra cars looked like back then? Was it just the logo on the front doors?
Is it possible that the CSK took his work car and wore his uniform, stops by CG and says something like "what are you doing out here? It's dangerous to be out here alone after those girls went missing. Look, it's against company policy to have anyone in the car when I'm on a job but I think they'll understand just this once. Not like I can just leave you here, wouldn't be able to go to sleep knowing you didn't get home safe. Why don't you hop in and I'll give you a lift."

I would of seen something like that from the bus stop

I've just finished reading 'The Devil's Garden', Debi Marshall's book about this case.

And in there, she quotes police as saying that they share alot more info with the WA media regarding this case than they do with the public. But that the understanding is that the media then only publishes the elements of it that are 'okayed' for public consumption by WAPOL.

A police source she speaks to implies that The Post 'betrayed' this agreement and has revealed more than WAPOL would have liked them too.

Consequently, The Post sounds like no friend of WAPOL. But it also seems like what The Post has published may indeed all be credible.
Whilst on the subject of the Post's articles, I have attached the below article, which did not appear (as far as I know) in any other media. Any comments on this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• newspaper article 14 jan 20170001.jpg
    newspaper article 14 jan 20170001.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 357
I had a go with my photo editing app to make BRElook younger... I think he looks less like Liberace in this one ... lol

attachment.php

Do you know how to do one of those photos that blend two together? His high school photo could maybe be blended with the one with his ex?

Attachments

• BRE 2_pp.jpg
    BRE 2_pp.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 473
Do you know how to do one of those photos that blend two together? His high school photo could maybe be blended with the one with his ex?

Hey JoWa I barely know anything about anything (obviously) and even less about this paint/photo programme was just giving it a go. After the "nanna" and "tribute band" comments my artistic temperaments have been offended and I simply can't go on! :tantrum:

I had a go with my photo editing app to make BRElook younger... I think he looks less like Liberace in this one ... lol

attachment.php

Great work, but he still has that double chin and looks a little middle aged to me. But yes I agree with you, he doesn't look anything like Liberace (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Great work, but he still has that double chin and looks a little middle aged to me. But yes I agree with you, he doesn't look anything like Liberace (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

BBM

:lol:

Thank you for that Look4Clues :seeya:

It does give a sense of what he may have looked like. Especially in thumbnail size.

It pains me to say this as he seems so skin-crawlingly gross in light of what he's accused of, but I daresay he would have been quite attractive when he was young. Tall, dark, fine features.....:facepalm:

from that first pic with CGE he reminded me of a highschool teacher i once had, she was not what you'd call a looker.
when i saw lamp's paint program effort, he looked even more like that particular teacher ...or perhaps the SiXTH beatle .. ha ha ha ... i truly laughed out loud.

lampy, i give you full marks for a fine effort ... and i agree with what you said ....there's nothing at all wrong with not looking anything like liberace

[emoji887]

[Look4Clues]I had a go with my photo editing app to make BRElook younger... I think he looks less like Liberace in this one ... lol

attachment.php

Photo 2007 - aged approx 39
]
attachment.php

Attachments

• C1oxqTlUAAAAtBw.jpg
    C1oxqTlUAAAAtBw.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 445
from that first pic with CGE he reminded me of a highschool teacher i once had, she was not what you'd call a looker.
when i saw lamp's paint program effort, he looked even more like that particular teacher ...or perhaps the SiXTH beatle .. ha ha ha ... i truly laughed out loud.

lampy, i give you full marks for a fine effort ... and i agree with what you said ....there's nothing at all wrong with not looking anything like liberace

[emoji887]

Well at least I've lightened the mood so my work has not been in vain! :dramaqueen:(Sigh) I have been sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks at all your comments, honestly, you are such a funny and quick witted mob.

This is the best I could do with that one. He would have had more hair aged 28 .... I've always thought he looks as though he has a chipped or missing tooth in photos...

attachment.php

[Look4Clues]I had a go with my photo editing app to make BRElook younger... I think he looks less like Liberace in this one ... lol

attachment.php

Photo 2007 - aged approx 39
]
attachment.php

Attachments

• crocs 2007 pp before and after rsized.jpg
    crocs 2007 pp before and after rsized.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 443
There is precedent. They used an overt surveillance strategy with LW with the intent that it could prompt a confession. Here is a citation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claremont_serial_murders .

Seems logical that if covert surveillance was leading nowhere and costs mounting ( criticised heavily for their resource allocation and long term surveillance of LW) that they would apply pressure, as the OP stated, to incite some sort of mistake, such as revisiting a site of interest, or a deviation from his routine.

IMO the information that lead them to BRE whether familiar DNA or Huntingdale intrusion suspicion, was significant enough that there would be pressure to just arrest and test (against KK/Huntingdale/08 CSK DNA sample), rather than waste continued resources surveying him. As the window on their surveillance closed, there's really nothing to lose.

In regards to the most recent discussion that Julie Cutler was a CSK victim, Liam Bartlett reported detectives had told JC's father she was likely the first victim of the CSK. Combine this with the Lance Williams suspicion where his connection with JC through tafe was a contributing factor and we can be quite certain police connected these two crimes for a long time, at least in an unofficial capacity.

The main critique of the JC CSK theory is that the new connection with the HD intrusion suggests that his only intent was rape at this point in the timeline. The idea that serial killers stick to one MO is myth, Cooke is a great example of diversity in method. The other case that comes to mind is EAR/ONS, who evolved from B&E into B&E murders, but after the fact, still committed B&E's and assaults that didn't feature murder. So there is really no rational to believe CSK did not kill JC and then change strategies to lesser crimes like B&E / Rape.

I am most inclined to suspect that JC was the CSK's first or one of the first, that it was an opportunistic crime, with little planning or organisation. And therefore the car was the kill spot and was dumped to compromise evidence.

Here is a great article that has probably been posted, http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...t/news-story/2ee1d8937ad7499c2ed91edb39af5a1a

What I found interesting is the suspicion of Ross / Weygers two man kidnap team. IMO this theory definitely evolved from the showgrounds subway event where there were two perps, the taxi driver and a man in the back seats. If the showground subway incident was the CSK and the victim's recount accurate, the deduction would be the CSK had an accomplice in some of his crimes. I would speculate the obvious accomplice has been under parallel investigation.

The Claremont subway attack and the taxi attack are two different assaults.

On early hours of 1st January 1994 a man pulled a woman out of her car at the stop sign near the Claremont Subway presumably on Cnr of Stirling Rd & Gugeri St and tried to rape her.

In October 1994 a 31 year old woman broke her ankle when she jumped from a taxi in Princess Rd Claremont/Nedlands (I haven't been able to find for sure whether this happened on the Nedlands or Claremont end of Princess Rd) after a man crouched in the back seat tried to grab her.

Both of these assaults were published in The Post and then republished in the West Australian but neither are still available on line AFAIK.

Among others, Papertalk discussed this thoroughly in thread #5 and thanks to him there are scanned articles and docs of which I've attached an article from The West Australian 1996. I've also attached a doc courtesy of Sutton which was posted in perhaps thread #1 I'm not sure but is now available in the No Discussion thread.

Grok has also posted an excellent BRE timeline on the No Discussion thread (#147) and the blog I've linked to below also has a great timeline.

In my opinion only, the dual perp taxi attack in Princess Rd Claremont/Nedlands is not related to CSK, I have the gut feel myself and perhaps naively believe WAPOL that the CSK acted alone but hopefully we'll learn more at the trial of the alleged CSK BRE.

http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/claremont-timeline.html?m=1

7e89b743279934f4c44f9b98446bbe72.jpg
8ba610104b8ce8de3659c9e2303c419d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey JoWa I barely know anything about anything (obviously) and even less about this paint/photo programme was just giving it a go. After the "nanna" and "tribute band" comments my artistic temperaments have been offended and I simply can't go on! :tantrum:

Don't be offended. Liberace looks like he belongs in a tribute band, as do a lot of blokes when given side burns and styled hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The next comment is a bit random, however I am still going to mention.

Further to my two comments re the ClaremontGhost 'hint' videos and hints 2 & 6 which refer to the Left Bank area in East Fremantle and the boat going under the Stirling Bridge (my two comments in link below);

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Western-Australia-12&p=13127373#post13127373

There is reference in the below article to a Brothel boat which was parked up in East Fremantle.

"The story was that about 10 years ago it was parked up in the Swan River, off East Fremantle, and used as a brothel,"

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/brothel-boat-to-float-again-20090402-9kji.html

Could this perhaps have been moored directly opposite/near the Left Bank? WAS LJB connected in any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah