Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very curious as to why, if the media reports are to be believed, the police are examining the roof guttering. I doubt it could be DNA. My best guess would be one of the bodies has traces of something which they want to match from the property. Perhaps plant material? This was an issue in the Rainey trial

And an even more curious article in this week's Post (Brett Christian's paper): A woman who was raped inthe 1990s has had frighten-ing memories revived aftera man was charged over theClaremont serial killings. [COLOR=rgb(13.300000%, 11.800000%, 12.200000%)]The woman, now in her 40s,was sexually assaulted beforea girl was raped at KarrakattaCemetery in 1995.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(13.300000%, 11.800000%, 12.200000%)]She phoned police afterBradley Robert Edwards (48)was charged last month overthe Karrakatta crime and oth-ers, including the murders ofJane Rimmer in 1996 and CiaraGlennon in 1997.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(13.300000%, 11.800000%, 12.200000%)]In a horrifying twist, thewoman was telephoned andtaunted after she was rapedby a man who said he was herattacker.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(13.300000%, 11.800000%, 12.200000%)]After the woman reported therape and calls, police wonderedhow her assailant had obtainedher phone number.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(13.300000%, 11.800000%, 12.200000%)]Mr Edwards is due to ap-pear in the Stirling GardensMagistrates’ Court nextWednesday on two counts of wil-ful murder, two of deprivation ofliberty, two of aggravated sexualpenetration without consent,one of breaking and entering adwelling with intent, and one ofindecent assault.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(13.300000%, 11.800000%, 12.200000%)]“As this matter is now beforethe courts, and there remainsan ongoing investigation, WAPolice will not be making anyfurther comment,” a policespokesman said.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(13.300000%, 11.800000%, 12.200000%)]“We urge the media and pub-lic to also be respectful of thejudicial process.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(13.300000%, 11.800000%, 12.200000%)]“Further, media reports onan active investigation canseriously jeopardise the inves-tigation and negatively impactfuture prosecutions.”

The implication seems to be that it could have been BRE, given the victim contacted police after reading about his arrest. About the right time, too. The chilling part is the question of how he had her phone number.

Unless she was a fantasist, which also happens. I'm not saying she is, of course.
[/COLOR]

Hi, I think it must be remembered what the Perth late night taxi service was like back in the mid nineties. It was scandalous.
Especially in busy periods and weekends-so many patrons wanting to get home and do the right thing by not drink driving-so few taxis.
Crowds of people waiting on taxi ranks and trying to hail Taxis , taxi drivers abandoning fares they were called out to for betting paying longer fares, people claiming taxis being called by others as their own and trying to do on the fly ride sharing arrangements..... it was chaos and every man or woman for themselves and the devil take the hindmost simply trying to get home by cab.
it was nothing unusual to call for a cab home after midnight and still be waiting for it at 3 am. Scandalous. getting offered a lift by someone who was sober and was on their way to. from or at work was GOLD at that time of night in those days for late night revellers. GOLD
The three Claremont victims were well educated we'll brought up ladies who followed the rules. They weren't going near any scuzzy from Balga offering them a lift in a hotted up EH Holden with mag wheels,
IMO The CSK lured these girls into getting into his car by offering a false sense of safety and "security " to them, a late model car, two way radio fitted and operating ,respectable clean cut driver, few simple props and a story to go with it and he had them. Proponents of the Blitz theory are barking up the wrong tree.
All just my opinion of course....

I am very curious as to why, if the media reports are to be believed, the police are examining the roof guttering. I doubt it could be DNA. My best guess would be one of the bodies has traces of something which they want to match from the property. Perhaps plant material? This was an issue in the Rainey trial

They will be looking for his trophies, his hiding place. A weapon or rope. His kit perhaps. If he doesn't have a storage unit somewhere, they need to find his secret stash.

Kerry Turner hitch hiked on a regular basis she had already hitched once since the original taxi dropped her off. She would have developed a sense of who may have been risky but that was obviously not 100% reliable. People in her home area knew she hitched could she have been abducted close to home?.

They will be looking for his trophies, his hiding place. A weapon or rope. His kit perhaps. If he doesn't have a storage unit somewhere, they need to find his secret stash.

In the gutter, on the roof?

Kerry Turner hitch hiked on a regular basis she had already hitched once since the original taxi dropped her off. She would have developed a sense of who may have been risky but that was obviously not 100% reliable. People in her home area knew she hitched could she have been abducted close to home?.

Hi. Do you have a source that Kerry was a regular hitchhiker? We know she attempted to hitchhike when she was stranded on the Causeway, but I've not seen that she was a regular hitchhiker.

In the gutter, on the roof?

Sure, there's history of people hiding things in roof guttering. Sometimes thrown on the roof in a hurry and slide into the guttering. Not a thorough search without checking every possibility, Milat concealed his weapons in wall cavities. I imagine they're also asking everyone who knows BRE if he ever gifted them clothing or jewellery. Milat gave away some of his victims things.

Sure, there's history of people hiding things in roof guttering. Sometimes thrown on the roof in a hurry and slide into the guttering. Not a thorough search without checking every possibility, Milat concealed his weapons in wall cavities. I imagine they're also asking everyone who knows BRE if he ever gifted them clothing or jewellery. Milat gave away some of his victims things.

We have previously used rope and chain in our downpipes to stop the rain drops going plop plop outside the bedroom windows. They might be looking to match fibres or chain marks.

Maybe looking for cable tie snips or washing line from '97. Maybe everything ends up in the gutter. The Milat family were also under the microscope because Ivan re-gifted victim's belongings. Richard Milat would regret running his mouth...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/sk...b5b479bf7?sv=d2a3bf912693c3516956d6c454a9405b

If her father would pick her up, why was she getting in a car when her father would have picked her up short of cash? Interesting she caught two cabs and ended up at Miller road.

Mr Turner said he did not know at the time Kerry was trying to hitchhike home.

"I always went out at any time to pick up my daughter and she knew that. So we don't know why she decided to hitchhike, but she did," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-...-for-help-25-years-after-perth-murder/7549252
Kerry_turner_map.jpg

Julie Cutler last seen Parmelia Hotel, 14 Mill st

Julie_Cutler_map.jpg

Bogong

Sorry. Image source: Google Maps

Ms. Cutler, a university student, from Fremantle, vanished after leaving a staff function at the Parmelia Hilton Hotel in Perth at 9pm, one night in 1988.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claremont_serial_murders

Julie was last seen leaving the Parmelia Hilton Hotel WA at 12.30am on 20 June 1988 after a staff function. Her car was found 2 days later in the sea off Cottesloe Beach.
http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/JulieCutler.htm

Julie Cutler, 22, disappeared after a staff party at the Parmelia Hilton in 1988 and her car was found overturned in the ocean about 50m off Cottesloe Beach two days later.
http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...s/news-story/66be6757b29872fee76a78308987688d

1988 June 20 Julie Cutler was last seen leaving the Parmelia Hilton Hotel Perth on St Georges Terrace at 12.30am after a staff function.
http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/claremont-timeline.html

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Address: 14 Mill St, Perth WA 6000

I think we are going to have to wait for the alleged background regards university education etc.

Sorry. Image source: Google Maps

Ms. Cutler, a university student, from Fremantle, vanished after leaving a staff function at the Parmelia Hilton Hotel in Perth at 9pm, one night in 1988.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claremont_serial_murders

Julie was last seen leaving the Parmelia Hilton Hotel WA at 12.30am on 20 June 1988 after a staff function. Her car was found 2 days later in the sea off Cottesloe Beach.
http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/JulieCutler.htm

Julie Cutler, 22, disappeared after a staff party at the Parmelia Hilton in 1988 and her car was found overturned in the ocean about 50m off Cottesloe Beach two days later.
http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...s/news-story/66be6757b29872fee76a78308987688d

1988 June 20 Julie Cutler was last seen leaving the Parmelia Hilton Hotel Perth on St Georges Terrace at 12.30am after a staff function.
http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/claremont-timeline.html

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Address: 14 Mill St, Perth WA 6000

I think we are going to have to wait for the alleged background regards university education etc.

This is common knowledge, surely we don't need to provide links to every statement made.

Previous sleuthers proposed that alleged CSK BRE committed crimes in the 1996-1997 which coincided with his possible marriage breakdown from ECE.
I researched other main events occurring in Australia in the late 1995, 1996, and 1997 that may have been of interest to BRE or possibly influenced his decision to allegedly rape and kill.

List sourced easily from Wikipedia :

Pay TV arrives in Australia *Many sleuthers discussed link with pay tv.

30 Sept - Football Grand Final Clarlton Blues defeat Geelong (141 vs 80) * Do we know which team BRE followed? EDIT: BRE had WCE membership, but quite often West Aussies also followed an eastern based team since footy was originally VFL eastern states based before it became AFL. Did BRE follow another team?

28 April - Port Arthur Massacre, 35 dead, 21 injured by Martin Bryant. *Maybe BRE jealous that MB was getting all the media attention?

10 May - Prime Minister John Howard announces new gun control laws banning self loading guns, rifles, shotguns. *Maybe BRE upset by this law, regardless or not whether he owned a fire arm.

8 June - Football game Essendon vs St Kilda Saints stopped in 3rd quarter due to ground lighting failure and game postponed to following Tuesday. *This game stoppage occurred the day of the night disappearance of JR. Maybe BRE upset enough to find avenue for his anger? ('cuse the bad pun as there is St Quentin's Avenue near CBV and Conti)

26 July - Ivan Milat (SK) convicted of 7 murders (Backpacker Murderer). *Maybe BRE jealous of IM's success and media exposure?

6 Nov - Martin Bryant pleads guilty to Port Arthur Massacre.

19 Nov - Martin Bryant sentenced 35 consecutive sentences life imprisonment and 1035 years without parole. *Maybe BRE jealous again?

4 Dec - 'Telstra' Bill goes through Senate allowing part-privatisation of Telstra. *The alleged CSK worked for Telecom/Telstra for 30 years.

14 Feb - Arnott's biscuits extortion poison threat, allegedly some biscuits had poisonous pesticide strong enough to kill small child! BRE's SD birthday 25 April 1994 (Interestingly ANZAC day - a public holiday in Australia - sorry can't recall source of SD's birthday). SD would have been nearly 3 year old - maybe BRE angry that a biscuit could kill his young SD! Assuming BRE was with CGE at this time.

MUCH EARLIER in 1986:
6 Oct - 5 Nov - David and Catherine Birnie serial killers operating in similar area. Caught in Nov 1986 and convicted of 6 known murders. *BRE left school in 1985, so 1986 was his first year out of school and probably saw media coverage of these murders, possibly spurring BRE to commit his own crimes.

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_in_Australia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_in_Australia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_in_Australia

At important milestones in BRE's life (school leaver, marriage breakdown to ECE, new relationship with a SD), there were BIG things happening in Australia!!!!!! These events may or may not have affected BRE and his decisions at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx