Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but would it be more respectful to use Sarah Spiers, Jessica Rimmer and Ciara Glennon than to reduce the girls to their initials? I understand nobody ever intends it disrespectfully (I use it too). We should do everything we can to honour their memories.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but would it be more respectful to use Sarah Spiers, Jessica Rimmer and Ciara Glennon than to reduce the girls to their initials? I understand nobody ever intends it disrespectfully (I use it too). We should do everything we can to honour their memories.

Ummmm sorry but it's JANE Rimmer not Jessica.
If you'd like to type out the victim's full names each and every time you post you're very welcome to.

I think we use initials for brevity and ease of typing, and I don't believe there's any disrespect intended.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Extended video of announcement: https://www.facebook.com/7NewsPerth/videos/10154267036044072/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
I'm not especially familiar with the area the man lived, but from my knowledge of the geography between Perth and Kewdale the area that the two bodies were discovered is more or less in between the area that the girls were abducted from and where the man lives. He picked them up, killed them and dumped them on his way home.

According to above statement by Karl O'Callaghan the girls were picked up, killed and dumped by killer on his way home! MOO

SherlockSleuth - sorry you think using the girls initials is disrespectful. I actually find using the initials more respectful because of the subjects we are discussing it makes it easier for me to depersonalise them and talk about the horrible crimes committed without bringing their names up over and over. But that's just me. MOO.

Hi no name - the girls must have been kept somewhere, alive, for a couple of weeks or more between abduction and bodies being found. Unless the girls were left at dump sites for weeks in which case they would have been very decomposed. Does anyone know what stages of decomposition they were at. MOO

According to the CIA video Hunt for a Killer, Snr Det. Sgt Jim Stanbury advised.
The vision, “was shot on the date Jane was abducted and murdered 8[SUP]th[/SUP] June, 1996”,
(36.37mins)
[video=youtube;nNNF1E3mg3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNNF1E3mg3c[/video]

SherlockSleuth,
I thought we needed to use initials for legal reasons. I don't feel it's disrespectful, probably best, just in case the families read the posts. Good point raised, many thanks.

SherlockSleuth - sorry you think using the girls initials is disrespectful. I actually find using the initials more respectful because of the subjects we are discussing it makes it easier for me to depersonalise them and talk about the horrible crimes committed without bringing their names up over and over. But that's just me. MOO.

Hi Annalise,

I didn't mean that using the victims' initials was disrespectful, just that it might be more respectful to use their proper names.

I agree that the subject matter is horrible. The issue of depersonalising them is an interesting one. I suppose that if you were an actual detective close to the case, you'd want to do that, as it could all get too much otherwise.

Anyway I digress.

According to the CIA video Hunt for a Killer, Snr Det. Sgt Jim Stanbury advised.
The vision, “was shot on the date Jane was abducted and murdered 8[SUP]th[/SUP] June, 1996”,
(36.37mins)
[video=youtube;nNNF1E3mg3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNNF1E3mg3c[/video]

Yeah this was my understanding too. Murdered and dumped shortly after, according to police.

Hi no name - the girls must have been kept somewhere, alive, for a couple of weeks or more between abduction and bodies being found. Unless the girls were left at dump sites for weeks in which case they would have been very decomposed. Does anyone know what stages of decomposition they were at. MOO

Disagree completely about them being kept for weeks. I think its fair to speculate that both girls were in advanced stages of decomposition when they were found. Its been suggested that JR was identified by her navel ring but Ive seen no evidence to support that. I believe the reports that came out within a day or so of CG being found did suggest dental identification was being done.

SherlockSleuth - sorry if I sound really cold with the depersonalising and all. I understand where you are coming from🙂

I know there's been some speculation in here about whether or not the CSK wanted the bodies found.

Paul Ferguson, the now retired former head of Macro said "the fact that the body was just dumped could mean a number of things. First and foremost it means he's arrogant. He wanted the body found".

I see it as a kind of 'progression', or escalation, from murdering Sarah Spiers. Assuming Sarah was his first kill, I don't think it's a coincidence her body was concealed more carefully.

No name - I'm sure you are correct that the girls were not kept for weeks. I have never seen a report about the state the bodies were found in. Just speculation about how they may have been murdered. I just put it out there that they may have been held for a while because it seemed a while between abduction and being found. Also the places they were found seemed exposed to the public. So really they could have been laying at the dump sites for quite a while before being found. MOO

SherlockSleuth - sorry if I sound really cold with the depersonalising and all. I understand where you are coming from🙂

Absolutely no need to apologise. I see what you're saying. I probably don't feel the same connection as I'm from Melbourne and don't post as regularly, so don't feel that same need to depersonalise.

RSBM. According to above statement by Karl O'Callaghan the girls were picked up, killed and dumped by killer on his way home! MOO

You must have attached the wrong video to have drawn that conclusion.
Its neither here nor there, but he suggested nothing of the sort.

Re-posting the below article in Post Newspaper 'Jane, Ciara murder sites cited':

"Charges for the murder of Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon allege that the two young Western suburbs women were murdered at Wellard and Eglinton"

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-03-31 19.10.42.png
    Screenshot 2017-03-31 19.10.42.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot 2017-03-31 19.15.55 copy.png
    Screenshot 2017-03-31 19.15.55 copy.png
    68 KB · Views: 129
Snipped - re article above

Re-posting the below article in Post Newspaper 'Jane, Ciara murder sites cited':

"Charges for the murder of Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon allege that the two young Western suburbs women were murdered at Wellard and Eglinton"
Prosecution have charged BRE for allegedly murdering JR & CG at Wellard and Eglington - as of yet we are not privy to any evidence indicating this.

Therefore was it likely that the girls were driven directly to the murder sites or were they held somewhere prior (risky)? Thoughts?

I am sure Meticously, Spooks are us, Spinnaker, Annilese, & No name might help you with the 2nd Claremont girls correct name Sherlock Sleuth..

Will be only minutes before some of them blog to help you out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95