Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. But someone will post to help Sherlock out with Ms. Rimmers name. hey HiLo..

CV maybe you have time to fill in Sherlock with the Claremont 2nd victim?.. Saves going over it all again. Saves blog space. I see replies to photos takes a big space up in the blog as they are shown again.

CV maybe you have time to fill in Sherlock with the Claremont 2nd victim?.. Saves going over it all again. Saves blog space. I see replies to photos takes a big space up in the blog as they are shown again.
PCS,
I try to do the right thing and add links to references.

Snipped - re article above

Prosecution have charged BRE for allegedly murdering JR & CG at Wellard and Eglington - as of yet we are not privy to any evidence indicating this.

Therefore was it likely that the girls were driven directly to the murder sites or were they held somewhere prior (risky)? Thoughts?

The Police haven't shared many details about the murders themselves, but, I reckon they made their position pretty clear that the murders took place soon after the abductions and at the dump sites. Reading between the lines, I would suggest that if the victims were taken/held somewhere in between, then it wasn't for very long. Anything else just seems pure speculation.

Thought that was already sorted.

Yes thank you for noticing

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

PCS needs his spectacles ...again

Correct again!
You're on a roll Hilo! [emoji2][emoji12]

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

No I am fine. It is other issues docs don't believe is happening. Oh man you blog with such regularity.

Prosecution have charged BRE for allegedly murdering JR & CG at Wellard and Eglington - as of yet we are not privy to any evidence indicating this.

Therefore was it likely that the girls were driven directly to the murder sites or were they held somewhere prior (risky)? Thoughts?

JR - What I think is risky is that whatever occurred with her supposedly did so at her dsite just metres from his car parked in full view at the side of the road. So no, I dont believe she was taken straight there. Do I think he took her somewhere else first, then took her to Woolcoot alive? No, I think thats too risky as well. Do I think she was taken elsewhere, killed, then taken to the dsite? Yes I do, which differs from what the police are saying now & hence my querying their motives for saying it. I think they dont know what happened except she was in Claremont and she was found in Wellard with evidence from fibres from a particular make of car. Hardly a complete picture to convict someone of murder. They know that saying she was killed there probably wont be disputed unless the defence introduces the intermediary place. So, remove the unknown details in the middle and any doubt it may create in order to provide a complete picture, regardless if they think it really happened that way or not.

CG - I thinks its possible she was taken straight there.

The Police haven't shared many details about the murders themselves, but, I reckon they made their position pretty clear that the murders took place soon after the abductions and at the dump sites. Reading between the lines, I would suggest that if the victims were taken/held somewhere in between, then it wasn't for very long. Anything else just seems pure speculation.
SherlockSleuth,
Good point. It's the location of the holding site which we've tried to work out. It makes sense that the holding site is close to where the abductions took place. It would be difficult to subdue someone for a great length of time. Some sleuths have suggested the ladies may have been stupefied with a drug.

What are the forums thoughts on chloroform, how difficult to obtain? Only my opinion and thoughts.

Extended video of announcement: https://www.facebook.com/7NewsPerth/videos/10154267036044072/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
I'm not especially familiar with the area the man lived, but from my knowledge of the geography between Perth and Kewdale the area that the two bodies were discovered is more or less in between the area that the girls were abducted from and where the man lives. He picked them up, killed them and dumped them on his way home.

According to above statement by Karl O'Callaghan the girls were picked up, killed and dumped by killer on his way home! MOO
Huntingdale is 25km East of the CBD.
Claremont is about 10km West of the CBD.
The dump sites were to the North and South by 40km from the CBD.

Neither is anywhere near 'on the way home' especially in 1996. Only Wellard had a direct route to Huntingdale via Thomas Rd, the old Nicholson Rd and Wharton Rds, but that's like a triangle from Claremont to Wellard and then to Huntingdale. It's not a straight line.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Re-posting the below article in Post Newspaper 'Jane, Ciara murder sites cited':

"Charges for the murder of Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon allege that the two young Western suburbs women were murdered at Wellard and Eglinton"

attachment.php
attachment.php

While I read a few early reports from the West after CG went missing. Various newspaper reports say CG's body "was found" at Eglinton others say body was dumped. This was in early April after CG's body was discovered. To my knowledge while I was of the same opinion as other sleuths here that the resting place of these girls was the place that they were buried only until that recent post article.

Huntingdale is 25km East of the CBD.
Claremont is about the same West of the CBD.
The dump sites were to the North and South by 40km from the CBD.

Neither is anywhere near 'on the way home' especially in 1996. Only Wellard had a direct route to Huntingdale via Thomas Rd, the old Nicholson Rd and Wharton Rds, but that's like a triangle from Claremont to Wellard and then to Huntingdale. It's not a straight line.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
With regard to the route taken, I think he'd have taken the most quietest roads, even if he had to drive further. Also, completely avoid Perth and Victoria Park.

SherlockSleuth,
Good point. It's the location of the holding site which we've tried to work out. It makes sense that the holding site is close to where the abductions took place. It would be difficult to subdue someone for a great length of time. Some sleuths have suggested the ladies may have been stupefied with a drug.

What are the forums thoughts on chloroform, how difficult to obtain? Only my opinion and thoughts.

Yeah I caught some of that conversation a number of weeks ago (where people were speculating about where victims might have been taken immediately after abduction). IMO if they were taken anywhere, it would have been somewhere where he felt a huge sense of control.

As for it being difficult to subdue a victim for a length of time, I reckon if someone was determined/prepared/organised enough, they could probably find a way.

Do you remember the report (not certain it was accurate but it was definitely reported) that when BRE's ex was informed of his arrest, she replied 'what has he done, killed someone?' (or words to that effect). Fairly interesting IMO.

EDIT: When I say it was reported, I mean that I read it, but not necessarily in a newspaper.

SherlockSleuth,

CV, this doesn't really answer your question...

When I was at uni, I had access to chloroform and could have quite easily have taken some if I wanted to.

I guess if someone (or a contact) works/ studies where chloroform is used, it would not be too hard to obtain.
Just my opinion.

Yeah I caught some of that conversation a number of weeks ago (where people were speculating about where victims might have been taken immediately after abduction). IMO if they were taken anywhere, it would have been somewhere where he felt a huge sense of control.

As for it being difficult to subdue a victim for a length of time, I reckon if someone was determined/prepared/organised enough, they could probably find a way.

Do you remember the report (not certain it was accurate but it was definitely reported) that when BRE's ex was informed of his arrest, she replied 'what has he done, killed someone?' (or words to that effect). Fairly interesting IMO.

EDIT: When I say it was reported, I mean that I read it, but not necessarily in a newspaper.
Yes I did read that one of the wives had said that. From memory I thought it was CGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95