Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about it though the accused CSK really did "put himself out there" with the LA and all the photos he was in. Did he actually enjoy doing that and "getting away" with being recognised? Was it some kind of excitement for him? Was he laughing at the police in a way? Not just to do with the Claremont Killings but if he was involved in any other crimes since then. If so I think being so high profile shows a lot of arrogance.IMO

I disagree about putting himself out there .
Bre was not doing things that are noticed by people as suspicious or criminal imo .
Look where he lived and the environment around him .
There would be thousands of blokes who are much more noticable on the streets.
And then ,hes is a tech expert to boot

I thought that BRE wasn't a big user of FB. Also, that perhaps he rarely posted on FB in case someone recognized him. Perhaps he was looking over his shoulder for many years. Perhaps each time someone took a photo he worried it would end up on FB. JMO.

Lots of people are members of by invitation or by request Facebook groups that cover special interests, organisations, teams, or just groups of friends.
Anyone can set these up using their Facebook Account.

We already know that BRE was a members of at least 1 Private Facebook group which is still listed under his Groups (Public) on his currently publicly visible Facebook Page (Perth PC Enthusiasts - 623 members). A group that you have to request to join.

He was probably a member of other Facebook groups in the past, and either left them or was de-registered from them by the group admins.

IMO the accused has very average looks and nothing that would make him stand out from the crowd appearance wise.
No facial tattoos. No large obvious birth marks. Just a regular looking guy. IMO The accused just looks like "someone's dad"!

And you'd need evidence before you went to cops with your suspicions.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]
Yes he is an average looking typical dad.

Bre was not doing things that are noticed by people as suspicious or criminal imo .

I totally agree Met, 1 photo taken at a footy match and 1 in a community newspaper when he received an award is hardly putting himself out there. The only reason those photos have seen the light of day now is because of his arrest and Id suggest they were 2 occasions that he was pushed to have them taken. His facebook would have been set to private and none of us would be able to see anything much on it. The only things that may give us clues as to how private he was were the first hand comments reported in MSM by neighbours and friends of his - he never told anyone about what he was doing, he kept to himself, he was very private etc.. The most telling thing was CGe reply after she obviously tagged him in a photo "a friend asked me to tag you & I accidently pressed yes". I'd say that was a person who never looked for any attention at all.

Oh tree of truth , what is his reason to kill 2 women ..... Bad day at Telstra ?

Has there been a trial that I've missed? Last I heard a plea hadn't even been entered. As for anyone's reason to kill, there are numerous. Power, sexual gratification, hate or just for the hell of it. We will probably never know

When you think about it though the accused CSK really did "put himself out there" with the LA and all the photos he was in. Did he actually enjoy doing that and "getting away" with being recognised? Was it some kind of excitement for him? Was he laughing at the police in a way? Not just to do with the Claremont Killings but if he was involved in any other crimes since then. If so I think being so high profile shows a lot of arrogance.IMO
Perhaps he was confident the witnesses couldn't recognize him. The young lady from the KK incident wasn't able to recognize him, and before that, the Huntindale incident too.

I suppose given the DNA situation and the fact WAPOL had a DNA record, I wonder if the CSK (whoever he be) was extra careful in regard to committing crimes, due to the dire consequences of being caught. He probably end up being really squeaky clean.

I wonder if he'd have realized about familial DNA - being he's a bright-spark with a high IQ.

These are only my thoughts and opinions.

Perhaps he was confident the witnesses couldn't recognize him. The young lady from the KK incident wasn't able to recognize him, and before that, the Huntindale incident too.

Maybe those that could identify were murdered. Just my thoughts...

Maybe those that could identify were murdered. Just my thoughts...
Had to had previous form before progressing to killing. People who had previous interaction have recognised him.

No I'm not. They can have all the familial DNA samples they want but if Brads DNA wasnt on record there is nothing to compare it to or to link him. WAPOL was made aware of him by other means and obtained a DNA sample by covert means. He had no idea they were onto him
Fast Eddie,
Could it be possible, the DNA was obtained from a routine drug-test at work? The spit in the jar one.

Isnt it obvious that he was squeaky clean being that his DNA wasnt on file? If he'd ever come to the attention of law enforcement in the past 10+ years, probably more, he'd be on file. Its standard practice.
In terms of familial DNA, which has widely been discussed as a method used with the progression in technology, we dont actually know how he was caught apart from the reports that he came to WAPOL attention after the match with the Huntingdale case & identified after reinvestigating that. Unless his brother was a suspect for that offense, I dont think familial DNA had anything to do with it if what we've been led to believe is true. Unless, the profile they had was so incomplete that familial DNA didnt prove conclusive enough to identify the exact family anyway.

I would like to know if the accused CSK's partner left him because she found out about the upcoming arrest and what he was accused of doing. If so why would his stepdaughter still live with him. Even since his arrest she has been to see him. Maybe she doesn't believe he is the CSK. MOO

Isnt it obvious that he was squeaky clean being that his DNA wasnt on file? If he'd ever come to the attention of law enforcement in the past 10+ years, probably more, he'd be on file. Its standard practice.
In terms of familial DNA, which has widely been discussed as a method used with the progression in technology, we dont actually know how he was caught apart from the reports that he came to WAPOL attention after the match with the Huntingdale case & identified after reinvestigating that. Unless his brother was a suspect for that offense, I dont think familial DNA had anything to do with it if what we've been led to believe is true. Unless, the profile they had was so incomplete that familial DNA didnt prove conclusive enough to identify the exact family anyway.

Familiar DNA has been discussed and plenty of info on internet about it.
A number of simple points can be concluded about this case.
DNA evidence of varying states of deterioration taken from all scenes and kept.
Progression of DNA science to improve testing and results of small or deteriorated samples.
DNA results show match of previous unrelated and confirmed related crimes in this case
DNA database search reveals relative of suspect (partial match or familial DNA)
Simple process of find all relatives and simple process of elimination to find POI.
Investigate POI, analyse evidence, build case then charge and arrest.
DNA got police their but will not be the only evidence used to convict CSK.
He is done despite the stuff ups made previously by police.
Now for the conspiracy theorists.

I would like to know if the accused CSK's partner left him because she found out about the upcoming arrest and what he was accused of doing. If so why would his stepdaughter still live with him. Even since his arrest she has been to see him. Maybe she doesn't believe he is the CSK. MOO
Annalise,

Perhaps the stepdaughter lived with BRE because he was easier to get along with and permitted her to do more of what she wanted to do. Think BRE and CGE separated the year before arrest.

Meticuous, I don't know what to make of the Dido song. Creepy at the end as I have said. Love to know if BRE made it.<modsnip>

Do you mean creepy at the end with the picture board or the funny hand signals Dido shows? Fist, open hand and index finger to thumb.

"White Flag" was written and produced by Dido, Rollo Armstrong and Rick Knowles and music video directed by Joseph Khan. Who knew any of them them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Flag_(song)

Had to had previous form before progressing to killing. People who had previous interaction have recognised him.

Just clarifying - Are you saying previous victims have recognised him? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member