Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How to solve 1000s of crimes with a stroke of a pen
Interstate police claim some of their crooks hide out in Victoria because they are unlikely to be DNA tested.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/h...s-with-a-stroke-of-a-pen-20170809-gxs8ze.html

attachment.php

Kylie Maybury's killer trapped by mix of new-age science, old-fashioned policing

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...ce-oldfashioned-policing-20170529-gwfe06.html

Articles by John Silvester.
John Silvester is a Walkley-award winning crime writer and columnist. A co-author of the best-selling books that formed the basis of the hit Australian TV series Underbelly, Silvester is also a regular guest on 3AW with his "Sly of the Underworld" segment.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/by/John-Silvester-hvejs

Attachments

• SlymanIarticle.JPG
    SlymanIarticle.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 158
I think they are two different men.

In the doco JR's friend says they leave Conti to check out CBV, but the line to get into Club was too long. So they return to Conti and decide to catch a taxi home. Then JR decides seemingly last minute to stay behind. JR waits outside Conti for someone or something, when MM walks up to JR. They interact, JR laughs, MM walks away up Bay View Terrace.

MM only interacts with JR once in the latter part of video while she stands alone and her friends have already left in taxi.

The other man near JR when JR is still with her friends is NOT MM. This man may or may not be known to JR and her friends, but he is not MM.

If this man who looks similar to MM, was in fact MM, JR's friends would have been able to provide WAPOL with a description for an identikit. Then WAPOL would have identikit of MM and I'm guessing MM wouldn't have stayed a mystery too long.

Since WAPOL produced no identikit then IMO this similar clothed man is NOT MM.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

I always wonder if WAPOL checked CCTV from CBV the night of JR's disappearance to investigate whether MM just toddled off to CBV????
Plus there's plenty of talk about street positioned CCTV. Did WAPOL check street cams for MM?

Are there reports of this happening?

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

I just don't understand why the only videos available to the public are obviously bad quality, confusing and inconsistent. The only focus is on the mm talking to JR. if all other people in the video were DNA tested then he was the only one they were interested in. I'm still convinced that the mm was on Spooks you tube video. Crossing the bottom of screen at 0:10 and heading right to cross the street. MOO

How to solve 1000s of crimes with a stroke of a pen

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/h...s-with-a-stroke-of-a-pen-20170809-gxs8ze.html

attachment.php

Kylie Maybury's killer trapped by mix of new-age science, old-fashioned policing

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...ce-oldfashioned-policing-20170529-gwfe06.html

Articles by John Silvester.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/by/John-Silvester-hvejs

Thanks Pete!
That certainly explains a lot about Victorians! [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]
Lol
Any why Melbourne is considered the gangland capital of Australia!

Lucky they know how to make good coffee in Melbourne! [emoji849]☕️

It will only be here on WS that we find out the truth - hopefully

I wish someone that knew what was going on with the case could explain everything here clearly on WS. Its frustrating having to wait to find out more info on Oct court date.

Spooks - seeing as you've rewatched the vids, do you have an opinion on this?

Colours are distorted on the vid but that doesnt explain how her blonde hair still appears light & black/blue denim still appears dark...but... Her 'dark blue' top appears light? You are correct, she was not size 14 & looked nothing like the actor. I dont know who her friends were either... Where is friend No. 4?

Kambo, more than 1 ws member has said they've seen a much clearer version.the introduced blur is blatantly obvious, IMO designed to confuse

Colours are distorted on the video but I find it odd that JR's blonde hair still appears light but her 'dark blue top' appears lighter?? Black/blue denim still appears dark though? She was also not size 14 as you said.

Added unnecessary blur - PLENTY of that added everywhere

There are deliberate obstructions, blurring of time clocks, creative editing, cuts not accounted for by changing of camera views and poor quality video which cops made a big show of taking to USA to try to enhance. Impossible to do that from poor quality vision. Why??

The dark to light colour distortion happens with our security cameras in the dark (night vision), but only with clothes. Maybe its how much they reflect or absorb light in the dark, I'm not sure. Does't seem to affect hair or skin colour, IMO.

Janes pants are also light coloured in the cctv footage, but the jacket she is carrying is dark in the vision.

I just don't understand why the only videos available to the public are obviously bad quality, confusing and inconsistent. The only focus is on the mm talking to JR. if all other people in the video were DNA tested then he was the only one they were interested in. I'm still convinced that the mm was on Spooks you tube video. Crossing the bottom of screen at 0:10 and heading right to cross the street. MOO

https://youtu.be/eTpMkQV_bfk

Maybe not MM, he may be Red Dot Man (RDM). He had black pants too on like your dude at 0.10 and maybe he is the one we should be looking at!

RDM is the one that pokes his head of the door at Conti IMO, but brushes straight past Jane as she waits at pole after interacting with MM.

I don't know WHY the whole video was shown. The part with JR and mm walking up to her is only a few seconds compared with the rest of the crappy video which was irrelevant (or was it?) MOO

There are deliberate obstructions, blurring of time clocks, creative editing, cuts not accounted for by changing of camera views and poor quality video which cops made a big show of taking to USA to try to enhance. Impossible to do that from poor quality vision. Why??

The dark to light colour distortion happens with our security cameras in the dark (night vision), but only with clothes. Maybe its how much they reflect or absorb light in the dark, I'm not sure. Does't seem to affect hair or skin colour, IMO.

Janes pants are also light coloured in the cctv footage, but the jacket she is carrying is dark in the vision.

Yes I realise the colour of clothes come up differently in night vision recordings. But the security bouncers are wearing black jackets with white logos. So other black clothes worn by other people in the CCTV would look a similar shade of grey as the black jacket of the security bouncers uniforms.

Black is black.
JR's top looks light coloured in CVTV .

Replicas of all of the clothing at the link below:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...hotos-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12572876#post12572876

JR's in the middle. The top looks darker than in the video footage. I wonder in trying to highlight JR they increased contrast which made the top look lighter.

I know in a few cases where there have been re-enactments in shows more the criminal than the victim they haven't wanted the actor to look too much like the actual person probably just in case they are in the case off the criminal. I seem to remember from one of the 1980s or 1990s crime re-enactment program that one of the criminals applied for the job of re-enacting themselves. I could not think of any reason you wouldn't want a similar looking person in this case.

I don't know WHY the whole video was shown. The part with JR and mm walking up to her is only a few seconds compared with the rest of the crappy video which was irrelevant (or was it?) MOO
Exactly !!! What WAS the point?? I've been thinking about that for years. Clearly it wasn't to glean info from the public because they chopped/blurred/distorted it and most of the footage from the 2 outside cameras is missing. Why bother with any of it if all they wanted was to identify MM? They could have said 'JR was alone outside the hotel when a man approached her - 2 secs footage - she remained there for another 3 minutes alone & at the next camera rotation and she was gone". Why all the rest?
And look how clear the footage is & how wide the angle is on the TV behind Liebman when they're talking. We never see that.

I find it SO hard not to be sceptical of everything in this case. If that were my child and they had footage that wasn't released for 12 years, I'd be furious. There was NO excuse to not release it in full. I cant even listen to their excuses about operational bs.. What a load of horse sh. it!! They weren't getting anywhere and it should have been shown. Perhaps if they didn't ask people to call in and nominate every person who washed their car or had a day off and released this instead, who knows.....
21 years on - we still haven't seen it!!

Yes I realise the colour of clothes come up differently in night vision recordings. But the security bouncers are wearing black jackets with white logos. So other black clothes worn by other people in the CCTV would look a similar shade of grey as the black jacket of the security bouncers uniforms.

Black is black.
JR's top looks light coloured in CVTV .

Not sure why some of the black pants still looked black. Possibly the type of farbic and how it absorbed light?

I don't know if the security guys had black jackets, do you have an image of what they looked like in daytime? This is what black and navy looks like in cctv vision at night and normal vision.

For once black is white and white is black! Just what you need!
attachment.php
attachment.php

copyright photo: source mine

Attachments

• Black_navy.JPG
    Black_navy.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Blackpants_NavyTopinlight.JPG
    Blackpants_NavyTopinlight.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 142
Isn't this the cctv of the pub brawl in Crawley, England after the World Cup England V Trinidad match June 15th 2006, that resulted in Mark Dixie's DNA being taken?

How does this relate to Claremont being a dangerous place around 1996 and 1999?

Was there a few known violent sex offenders in the area ?

Innerchild when do you think bayley arrived in perth ?

Exactly !!! What WAS the point?? I've been thinking about that for years. Clearly it wasn't to glean info from the public because they chopped/blurred/distorted it and most of the footage from the 2 outside cameras is missing. Why bother with any of it if all they wanted was to identify MM? They could have said 'JR was alone outside the hotel when a man approached her - 2 secs footage - she remained there for another 3 minutes alone & at the next camera rotation and she was gone". Why all the rest?
And look how clear the footage is & how wide the angle is on the TV behind Liebman when they're talking. We never see that.

I find it SO hard not to be sceptical of everything in this case. If that were my child and they had footage that wasn't released for 12 years, I'd be furious. There was NO excuse to not release it in full. I cant even listen to their excuses about operational bs.. What a load of horse sh. it!! They weren't getting anywhere and it should have been shown. Perhaps if they didn't ask people to call in and nominate every person who washed their car or had a day off and released this instead, who knows.....
21 years on - we still haven't seen it!!

They didn't release the video earlier because it didn't fit with their version of what happened. They had Lance in the gun for it and were trying to "beat him into submission". This is typical of WAPOL. Find a suspect and then ignore any evidence that points to the fact that it could be someone else. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't release the video earlier because it didn't fit with their version of what happened. They had Lance in the gun for it and were trying to "beat him into submission". This is typical of WAPOL. Find a suspect and then ignore any evidence that points to the fact that it could be someone else. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Found an article that deals with that issue that might explain what you're getting at>

Dealing with Confirmation Bias

"Don't let yourself focus on one suspect to the exclusion of all others."

http://m.policemag.com/article/2713/dealing-with-confirmation-bias

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Do we have a new thread link yet?
Appears not. The thread is open again. Looks like it was only closed for another clean up of broken quotes and Subjudicial posts.

Here's a good definition of Sub Judice, although it was written for government departments>
http://www.vgso.vic.gov.au/content/managing-risk-sub-judice-contempt#whatis

And here's a chart that defines when a matter is Sub Judice>
https://www.thenewsmanual.net/Resources/sub_judice_chart_01.html

Appears not. The thread is open again. Looks like it was only closed for another clean up of broken quotes and Subjudicial posts.

Here's a good definition of Sub Judice, although it was written for government departments>
http://www.vgso.vic.gov.au/content/managing-risk-sub-judice-contempt#whatis

And here's a chart that defines when a matter is Sub Judice>
https://www.thenewsmanual.net/Resources/sub_judice_chart_01.html

FYI, Sub Judice period in this case started at 7:30am WST, 22/12/2016
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...y/news-story/94c875329c85914747bc35c579dfae84

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member