Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I'm confused... where did it say they were looking for the owner, or didn't know, who owned the kimono? All I recall reading was that it was stolen off a washing line. Ergo, someone reported it stolen. Presumably the owner. Am I missing something?

The original article where the cop held the kimono up seems to imply that the kimono was stolen from Victoria Clarke but doesn't give many specifics.

"The West Australian, Perth Wednesday Feruary 17 1988
Kimono clue to a brutal killing
by Cyril Ayris
This kimono may be the clue that helps
solve the brutal killing of Victoria Heather
Clark, 30, in Victoria Park last September.
It was dropped by a man that walked
into a Huntingdale house early on Monday
morning and lay on top of a sleeping
18-year-old girl...
The kimono is the first good clue the police
have been given in recent sex attacks in the area.
Det-Sgt Max Kiernan said the man
apparently walked into the house..."

Post arrest other articles appeared stating the kimono was stolen off a clothesline.

[FONT=&quot]A WOMAN'S silk dressing gown stolen off a washing line 28 years ago is believed to have been the vital clue that helped lead police to finally make an arrest in the Claremont serial killer case.

[/FONT]
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/claremont-serial-killings-silk-kimono-believed-to-be-vital-clue/news-story/d5498c5d0593771d7f526f90646d52f0

attachment.php
attachment.php

• Source 1: Psychic identikit done in 2008 by Scott Russell Hill Source 2: Daily News est. May 1988​

Was the second identikit made by WAPOL?

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Who do you think the above posts identikit looks like?

IMO, it doesn't look a bit like anyone ever under suspicion, or a possible suspect as discussed in this CSK thread.

No it doesn't .
The other identikit drawings look much closer fwiw .

The big fat chin looks familiar.

These 2 unknown identikits are a bit similar too i suppose ?
Unfortunately no clues as to the origin of these 2 identikits which are from pinup boards in background of the csk docos .

a3cbc1f14546e63353e90f5f041ff718.jpg

Since we are discussing the psychic stuff again....

When did Don Spiers say he got phone calls from psychics telling him to look for a house with a white picket fence in a tree lined street in Wembley ?

Was it before or after JR went missing and murdered?

From what I can gather psychic clues are quite symbolic or cryptic - and the clues don't always make sense in the beginning.

Remember Don Spiers looking for house with white picket fence in tree lined street in Wembley.

JR lived in Wembley - maybe JR knew something about BRE and his alleged crimes and that knowledge got her killed.

Perhaps that's why psychic clues said go look in Wembley!

What if these psychic clues were indicating to Don Spiers that perhaps JR knew something about SS's disappearance???

Maybe the Psychic Clues were telling Don Spiers to find a link between SS and JR, and that link would lead him to SS!!!

Crazier things have happened!

I realise the timeline would need to slot in to make this work too ....

(PS: I'm wearing my rain coat and Wellies in preparation for the **** storm coming my way from the nay-sayers! [emoji12])

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

attachment.php

This southside rapist identikit was posted on web sleuths, sorry not sure who by and has approximate date on it. I think psychic identikit was very accurate and has been posted on websleuths a few times.

Seems that there was another attack in May 1988 and then Vanessa Devlin's sexual assault and murder on June 17th 1988. The description they put out for VD may have been influenced by this description and sketch. They were unwilling to say just one may responsible.

The Sunday Times 19th June 1988 pg 1 Murder Hunt Car Clue
Police investigating the brutal sex murder of Vanessa Roberta Devlin, 23, have appealed to the public to help in the search for a man who gave her a lift to her Maddington house just before she was murdered. The man was seen arriving in a metallic green Datsun 260c sedan and is believed to be the last person to see her alive… It had mag wheels, stickers on the rear windscreen and black and yellow registration plates.

The murder had occurred between 11.30 am and 2.00pm on Friday (17[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988). Her body was discovered about 3 pm by the other occupant of the house, Mr Max Carroll. She was lying in a rear bedroom naked from the waist down and had been strangled with an electrical cord. Police sources said it appeared Miss Devlin had been strangled while she was being raped. The sources said there were marked differences between her killing and that of Victoria Clarke – but a link between them had not been discounted.

“There is every chance it is the same person involved, but we just can’t say” said S Kiernan. “There are indications and some evidence to support a connection.”

Sgt Katich said they are “extremely confident” the man seen driving the Datson could explain what had happened on Friday.

I believe James Alexander Tilbury is doing time for Vanessa Devlin's murder.

Tilbury is serving a sentence for his second conviction for wilful murder.
The first was in 1971, when he strangled a woman he lived with.
He was out of prison for two years when he then murdered a hitchhiker.
When Tilbury was interviewed by Arthur Tonkin for a Fremantle Prison oral history project in 1990, he described his second murder as a spontaneous attack.
"Just a young lass I picked up and for some reason, I killed her," he said.
"A spur of the moment job, I don't know why."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-...double-murderer-calls-for-cctv-reform/5458562

And David Troy Masters for Victoria Clarke's murder, conviction gained by admission. I'm not sure if it was a prison confession where another inmate testified against him (notoriously unreliable) for own advantage or if he confessed to Victoria's murder to the police when he was arrested for Fiona Carty's murder.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...l/news-story/caabadc94c068367a745b2fea510be56

Have we ever uncovered any links or common factors between SS and JR?

Besides both being young women taken from Claremont late at night after splitting away from their friends?

Off-topic posts and images have been removed.

Threads are case specific. Please stay on-topic with some semblance of fact related to the case at hand.

Mandatory random employee drug screening maybe part of the accreditation process of his brother's employer. A working with children clearance is, so that should dispel any suggestions previously posted that it was through any criminal matter. http://brams.org.au/administration/

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Pete I'm pretty certain, over here st least, that WWCC is only concerned with crimes against children. Other types of crimes could, potentially, still be in play.

Besides both being young women taken from Claremont late at night after splitting away from their friends?

Had any of them had their telephone recently connected?

Had any of them had their telephone recently connected?

Good question!

Do you think the accused played around in the dark web?
Has anyone got any good links about the dark web so I could learn more about it please?

Do SK's hang out in the dark web?

Pete I'm pretty certain, over here st least, that WWCC is only concerned with crimes against children. Other types of crimes could, potentially, still be in play.
I doubt if the Australian Police would be building clandestine DNA databases for solving criminal cases, from employment based, nor social security random drug testing.

However, if they did, there's the possibility that is how they'd find a familial dna link

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/a...robert-edwards-appears-in-court-ng-b88429705z

He is is due appear in court again on October 25.
Only 44 days to go. (No significance in so many 4's :))

The Ch 7 news video story accompanying the above 29 Mar 2017 article says
"For legal reasons 7 News has decided not to show the 48 year old's face"

What legal reasons might these be?

Will Ch 7 continue to not show the accused's face (for legal reasons), until he either plead's guilty, or until he is possibly convicted of some, or all, current, or any new charges he might face in the future?

Did other TV stations follow suit in refusing to reveal the accused's face?

There's no problem in Bradley Edwards face being revealed via his Facebook account, with the only photos remaining on that account being the YodaHoff one and the really scary clown face one.

If you are trying to get evidence in a crime, or other crimes related to someone charged with so many offences, you'd have thought that revealing the face of the accused from the time of the first charge 1988, up until now, would be pretty important, given that other potential victims might not have known him by name.

Adding to this, why does Crime Stoppers not even mention the arrest of the accused for Rimmer's murder, or name the accused or show his picture?
You'd think they would in seeking potential witnesses to come forwards who might know of some link between the accused and Jane Rimmer.
That the Crimestopper's page for Jane Rimmer is still asking for more info on the identity of the Mystery Man, but don't even show the picture of the mystery man on their site is puzzling.
There's not even a link to any of the youtube videos with footage of the Mystery Man.

Why is this so?

https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/jane-louise-rimmer/
At about a minute past midnight, a male person is seen to approach Jane and there is a brief interaction between the two before the security camera recording changes views to another part of the hotel. When the recording returns to Jane, about 28 seconds later, this man is no longer in view.This person has been named the ‘mystery man’. Despite extensive inquiries police have been unable to identify this person. Approximately 700 people were shown the footage or still photographs of the male.
If you are the ‘Mystery Man’ or if you know the identity of the ‘Mystery Man’, Please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, where all calls are striclty confidential and rewards are offered.

Hi Spooks - yes - both SS and JR were drinking at the OBH prior to moving on to Claremont with friends. Both girls left their friends and JC seemed to be waiting for someone. SS may have left friends to either meet someone or take a taxi to South Perth. Why did both girls break away from friends late at night to be alone, possibly drunk and looking for a taxi to South Perth (in SS's case). JC waiting for a lift from someone. The leaving friends and going off alone part is very significant. JR was asked to share a cab with friends but said no. SS's friends were getting ready to leave to get a cab and she just left ahead of them alone. SS was only eighteen. Surely would have been scared to take a cab alone. MOO

What's the point of what appears to be only the West Australia Newspaper and Ch7, masking the face of Bradley Robert Edwards, in every one of the news articles post-arrest,
and appearing to have been able to have got the way back machine web archive's removed, possibly because they contained the un-masked face of the accused?

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https...remont-serial-killings-in-court-ng-b88338049z

Other Australian media outlet's seemed to have no legal issue in publishing the accused's face?
National media outlets that with the digital age and only one main daily newspaper in WA, are widely viewed in WA.

Yet the West Australian newspaper appears to have absolutely no problem in posting a large close up picture of a previous CSK suspect (Lance Williams) in his car, in what appears to be an uninvited picture. Ironically, with the same article (below) also having a picture of the accused Bradley Robert Edwards in a police vehicle with his face covered by a blanket, as the still shot accompanying the Ch7 news video embedded in the article vewry soon after the arrest.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/former-suspect-still-feels-scars-say-family-ng-b88338163z

There's probably a good legal explanation for this out there somewhere.

However, on face value, it does appear to be a wee bit inconsistent, and suggest that Lance Williams at that point of time, could possibly have still been (and possibly still is) a suspect to any number of unsolved crimes.

What's the point of what appears to be only the West Australia Newspaper and Ch7, masking the face of Bradley Robert Edwards, in every one of the news articles post-arrest,
and appearing to have been able to have got the way back machine web archive's removed, possibly because they contained the un-masked face of the accused? .

It's looking right back at you on CGE's Facebook page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member