Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to be rude!!!!!!

No need to be a copy cat!

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Below are links to the spreadsheet I've worked hard to compile. The documentation is within two parts. Only positive comments please.

Some of the information was obtained from work Sutton had previously prepared. Many thanks Sutton.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Document part 1.jpg
    Document part 1.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Document part 2.jpg
    Document part 2.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 112
Below are links to the spreadsheet I've worked hard to compile. The documentation is within two parts. Only positive comments please.

Some of the information was obtained from work Sutton had previously prepared. Many thanks Sutton.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Canning Vale - thanks again for your hard work. Thank you Sutton...Annalise

Pretty sure it's been mentioned here many times SS was a boarder at Iona. She may have even left after Yr 10 to attend a business school instead of Yr 11 and 12. Family were from country WA.
I've read beforehand, that SS had attended Olympia Business College. Though I don't have any links.

Canning Vale - thanks again for your hard work. Thank you Sutton...Annalise

Ditto
Thanks!

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

Just out of curiosity how long do people on this thread estimate the police watched BRE prior to making the arrest? I know the media have mentioned familial dna however it's natural to be skeptical after the misinformation that has been floating around for 20yrs.
Good question, I'd like to know if they'd told any of the ex-wives or stepdaughter they were going to arrest.

I think SS went to Olympia Business College in 1995 after leaving Iona in yr12 in 1994.
SS birthday is 12 September 1977 - so her birthday is tomorrow!
So SS turned 18 in Sept 1995, and went missing Jan 1996.

Spare a thought for SS's family and friends tomorrow on her birthday.

(There is a link somewhere that denotes her birthday... apologies for not providing link here)

Good question, I'd like to know if they'd told any of the ex-wives or stepdaughter they were going to arrest.

IMO I don't think familial DNA was the key that lead to his arrest....

attachment.php
attachment.php

Susan Christie was 42

This is exactly how I feel Spooks I don't believe it was familial DNA either. Having said that I also have no other theories on how he was linked after two decades.

This is exactly how I feel Spooks I don't believe it was familial DNA either. Having said that I also have no other theories on how he was linked after two decades.
Mandatory random employee drug screening maybe part of the accreditation process of his brother's employer. A working with children clearance is, so that should dispel any suggestions previously posted that it was through any criminal matter. http://brams.org.au/administration/

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Does anyone think Julie Cutler was already deceased when the car was pushed or driven into the ocean? Was her body in the car? If so is it possible the body wouldn't wash up. MOO

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2005/09/dead_mans_float.html

A cadaver in the water starts to sink as soon as the air in its lungs is replaced with water. Once submerged, the body stays underwater until the bacteria in the gut and chest cavity produce enough gas—methane, hydrogen sulfide, and carbon dioxide—to float it to the surface like a balloon. (The buildup of methane, hydrogen sulfide, and other gases can take days or weeks, depending on a number of factors.)

That doesn't take into account a body being carried out of search zones on currents or being eaten by sharks.

Agree. All they had to do was solve the Huntingdale case after the kimono came back as a match to the CSK but think he was already a suspect and his name was in that file without enough to proceed to charge all those years ago.

I'm interested in pinpointing on his path of crime, where opportunities for intervention and apprehension were lost, I think Huntingdale where he came so close to being caught was the first and am very curious as to who the kimono actually belonged to.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/shi...d/news-story/40531478e18a340ec1b659ed75700bbc
[FONT=&amp]

Shirley Finn inquest delayed!!! but nothing sinister...

Counsel assisting the Coroner Kate Ellson had spent almost a year preparing the inquiry into the 42-year-old murder mystery.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]But Coroner Barry King informed the court this morning that Ms Ellson was now unavailable and it was unlikely she would be able to attend for the foreseeable future.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"This is an unfortunate set of circumstances and I can assure everyone that there is nothing nefarious or sinister around it," Coroner King said.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]A new counsel assisting was appointed this morning, but Coroner King adjourned the inquiry until November to give Ms Ellson's replacement time to get across the details of the case.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The inquest has now been set down for two blocks of dates between November 20 to 30 and December 11 to 22.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]But despite the adjournment, Coroner King said he was willing to hear from some witnesses sooner including one who the court was told was "hanging by a thread" due to a terminal illness.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Ms Finn's daughter Bridget Shewring will also be allowed to give her evidence on Wednesday...[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Agree. All they had to do was solve the Huntingdale case after the kimono came back as a match to the CSK but think he was already a suspect and his name was in that file without enough to proceed to charge all those years ago.

I'm interested in pinpointing on his path of crime, where opportunities for intervention and apprehension were lost, I think Huntingdale where he came so close to being caught was the first and am very curious as to who the kimono actually belonged to.

Yes why didn't the kimono owner come forward?

Did the accused really steal it off a clothesline nearby?

Or was accused possibly having an affair with the unnamed kimono owner and he kept the item of clothing without other person knowing? Certainly would explain why the kimono owner never came forward.

Or ....

Did the accused buy the kinomo himself and secretly have the kimono hidden in the back of his closet? Possibly bringing the kimono out on special occasions where he planned using it for his own pleasure in other crimes we don't know about???

Just my wild guesses as to real owner of kimono!

Yes why didn't the kimono owner come forward?

Did the accused really steal it off a clothesline nearby?

Or was accused possibly having an affair with the unnamed kimono owner and he kept the item of clothing without other person knowing? Certainly would explain why the kimono owner never came forward.

Or ....

Did the accused buy the kinomo himself and secretly have the kimono hidden in the back of his closet? Possibly bringing the kimono out on special occasions where he planned using it for his own pleasure in other crimes we don't know about???

Just my wild guesses as to real owner of kimono!

Perhaps the kimono owner didn't realize it was gone. I wouldn't remember something had going missing from 28 years ago. I probably get stuff stolen all the time, but don't even realize, just buy more clothes.

Perhaps the kimono owner didn't realize it was gone. I wouldn't remember something had going missing from 28 years ago. I probably get stuff stolen all the time, but don't even realize, just buy more clothes.

Yes possibly ....

BUT

Picture of kimono was in the newspapers in 1988 and probably news reports on TV.
Surely if you owned the kimono you'd see the paper or TV and say 'hey that's MY kimono'!!!

Yes possibly ....

BUT

Picture of kimono was in the newspapers in 1988 and probably news reports on TV.
Surely if you owned the kimono you'd see the paper or TV and say 'hey that's MY kimono'!!!

It's my understanding the kimono featured heavily in the press as possibly being connected to the murder of Victoria Clarke in Victoria Park which would be quite frightening. When the police talk to the press, more often than not the messaging is for the perpetrator, not the public so perhaps they knew all along where that kimono came from, the actual owner connected to BRE and it was an attempt to exert pressure.

I think it's possible someone back then covered up for BRE.

Good points

Police may have known owner of kimono already.

I wonder why WAPOL made the link to Victoria Clarke crime?
I know we've discussed this crime here on WS - who can recall what we came up with?

Just out of curiosity how long do people on this thread estimate the police watched BRE prior to making the arrest? I know the media have mentioned familial dna however it's natural to be skeptical after the misinformation that has been floating around for 20yrs.

Can't supply links atm but there were some press articles through 2015 I looked back on post arrest that led me to suspect they were homing in then and eyes were going on. Possibly about 14 months.

Some will say that can't be right because they wouldn't watch a dangerous serial killer for that long, he must be taken off the streets but BRE was also apparently inactive. The police would be gathering their evidence, following him, hoping he will lead them to his trophies perhaps, secret hiding places, his habits, where he's spending his money. They will want to know, why did he seem to suddenly stop, what has he been doing, did he stop killing women when the internet arrived and he went onto the dark web or did his choice of victim change, how many men or boys have gone missing? Lots of questions that take time, if they have it and after twenty years of trying to catch the CSK, I think they would have taken the opportunity, possibly for over 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member