Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iirc correctly they identified everyone at the pub. They had CCTV, then staff and bouncers could name a few to start the ball rolling.
Remember this is a neighbourhood pub where punters drank where they lived, went to primary school, high school, university or worked in area.
It's not some pub in middle of big tourist area.
It was always easy to find out who was who back then.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Hi Spooks - Just can't agree with you. CBV was not just a "neighborhood pub". It was very well know and people from all over (like Frankie) would go there. i know they said they interviewed everyone, we have all read it a 1000 times, but I don't believe they could have, there was bound to be a few people there that did not know anyone else and so could not be listed. Also if there were some shady people there, the type that do the rounds of pubs, they would not have come forward and the bouncers etc would not have known them. Untraceable IMO.

Hi Spooks - Just can't agree with you. CBV was not just a "neighborhood pub". It was very well know and people from all over (like Frankie) would go there. i know they said they interviewed everyone, we have all read it a 1000 times, but I don't believe they could have, there was bound to be a few people there that did not know anyone else and so could not be listed. Also if there were some shady people there, the type that do the rounds of pubs, they would not have come forward and the bouncers etc would not have known them. Untraceable IMO.
On the night CG went missing she was at the Pub with former work colleagues. Same one's that BRE's first wife went to work doo s with. BRE attended work doo s with his first wife. That's how my mother in law's former work colleague said that she was offered a lift home from one of them work doo s by BRE and EE. Therefore, CG would've probably recognized BRE if he was at the Pub looking for his ex that night.
If not, the others there would've at least recognized him.
Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Agree 100%. People from overseas, interstate etc would be untraceable especially if paying cash at the bar. Also as a bloke, if I was there and didn't necessarily have an alibi for later that night, or had been in trouble in the past etc and didn't feel I had anything to contribute, I wouldn't have come forward. WAPOL were looking for a scape goat so why would you play into their hands by letting them pin it in you. I doubt they spoke to half the people in Claremont that night. It's totally untraceable. As for it being the local pub, hardly a local pub. I live SOR and used to frequent it most weeks. Even still I could go to my local on Saturday night and maybe know 2 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone recall any mention of a Rockingham taxi on the night JR was taken

Even if police *had* spoken to everyone in the video except MM, that doesn't mean for certain that they didn't talk to the perp. Sometimes in cases like these, police do talk to / interview the killer early on in the investigation, but don't / can't pin it on them. Let's say two mates did it. They get interviewed by police a month later. They cover for one another, saying they went home and smoked a few darts and drank a couple more beers and went to sleep.

Could some one please put up a map of the area which shows the exact location of each girl at the time of their last sighting. TIA

Post #934. 20/11/16 bartholemeus :
cfe699d5b44ce3cf6bc3bb87be667210.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12946492

Haha!
Spooking is work!

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]
Do you work opposite Claremont train station? [emoji6] [emoji317] [emoji23]
25fae5b28dd6f5f91c4d29d015f05369.jpg

Petedavo , the subway attack is correct on barts map AFAIK.
Its been researched and its marked on a very old map shown previously .
Coles loading dock might be a few metres too far west but not a great deal afaik .

Quote : "Subway attack, and Coles loading bay attacks in wrong areas I think ".

Jmo.

This is an old map posted on WS many times , showing the subway attack zone .
It is not absolute proof though and theres the slim possibility it was the (rowe park) claremont subway .
It has been discussed and widely agreed upon as most likely correct .
Jmo

e55fedb2414303dd247d6a35a42b8610.jpg

My map ;
f9137ba7639c96bc84becbbd651ce1c3.jpg

Approaching the subway (on the right).
dce17b6c0a8cd965a1a8f755864a6143.jpg

56ac4587fdad1deb7c1d9264bf6dd418.jpg

Quote:
"Stop sign/Subway - January 01, 1994 (Saturday) A man dragged a woman from her car after she had left Club Bay View. He tried to rape her, but she fought him off.
(1) A woman fights off man who dragged her from her car and tried to rape her near Claremont subway.
(2). A girl was waiting at the stop sign at the Claremont subway, was pulled from her vehicle and survived an attempted rape."

Do you work opposite Claremont train station? [emoji6] [emoji317] [emoji23]
25fae5b28dd6f5f91c4d29d015f05369.jpg

Oh my God , thats the spooky shop that i can remember from 30 plus years ago !
1985 approximately.
It did stock amazing dressup costumes for hire .
Walking past that shop and the tennis courts at night was one of the spookiest places in the vicinity of the boarding school i attended close by .
What is the significance of the picture ?.

Amongst these numerous incidents are those two old laneways, which Petedavo mentioned a while ago. The two laneways interconnect. The first laneway connects with another laneway which extends to Rowe Park.

1[SUP]st[/SUP] Spanning between Gugeri St and the Stirling Hwy, running parallel between Mary St and Langsford St
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Running parallel with Stirling Hwy (behind Coles petrol station and Nightingales pharmacy)

https://www.google.com.au/maps

Sorry - I cant watch it again for the 10,000th time, but... Do they say ever say MM is yet to be identified? Or just "the one person you are yet to interview" & "hasn't come forward". I think they know who MM is & its a load of bs. That whole CI episode is full of mistakes. You never see JR with 3 female friends. FWIW, & I have attempted to question this previously without response - the person of most interest to me is the guy who keeps staring at her near the end of the footage. Did you allude to him above IC? He walks out and joins a group of people behind the bouncers when the footage switches to the 2nd camera (same angle as we see MM from). To me, he looks like the same guy who's walked out with another male just before all the girls leave originally, & his friend pays her just as much attention the first time - he's suss as to me.

I agree noname, It's taken me a while to catch up, you don't see JR with three friends, CI episode is full of mistakes. Friend 3 with the frizzy hair turns up outside after midnight metres from Jane totally ignoring her. Friend 2 is never seen near her and disappears. Friend 1 is never seen again after exiting by pole and ?"" girl doesn't even look like she has met Jane until ""? girl goes to pole walking straight past Jane. "?"is the only one that remotely looks like Linda Donovan who gives interview on doco. Now I can't believe a word she says. Could be that Jane wasn't with girl friends but with the guy she was waiting for?

I was suggesting the same guy as you noname and I'll have to look for the first shot.. It was the guy exiting after bald man, who keeps turning back to look at Jane. He looks like he knows something is going on. But as AL said I think he is still there after 04.58 back at the door of the Conti, after Jane is gone.

Other than MM, the other sus. guy is the black panted guy who could also be red dot man. Pops his head out of Conti at 02.29 am (I think time is correct it's hard to read. Only on flec vision), JR smiles and starts to walk towards him, poleman walks straight to door of Conti. This guy walks out later, straight past JR, face deliberately obscured and Jane staring at him close almost touching. I think he is also the one that walks across road with gf, have to get times sorted.

I note that Stanbury was very careful with his words when saying they's identified everyone except MM.

Stanbury, Jane’s at top of screen now...and she’s quite focused on the Guegeri St end of ah, of the area...

Lieberman: Right

Stanbury: She walks out there to the street now...

Lieberman: OK, on her own, she’s by herself, plenty of people on the street, plenty of people spilling out of the hotel. They haven’t been able to help you?

Stanbury: Correct. We’ve identified and interviewed all of these people around here on the street , and none of them have been able to provide us with any significant information.

Lieberman: Now, we should keep pointing out that there are several security cameras, that you’ve used the vision from several cameras, you’ve utilised here, so people should, should be aware that the angles are changing...

Stanbury: Correct.

Lieberman: Her demeanour appears to be different doesn’t it? I mean, she appears to be relaxed, cool, calm, friendly, looking...We will shortly see come into shot... a person of interest. You’ve called him the Mystery Man.

Stanbury: That’s correct.

Lieberman: Because of all the people that were there, this is the one person you’ve yet to interview. (all that were there in this shot only? Anyway I'd still like to know who poleman is and who hes giving signals to in the car over his L shoulder)

Lieberman: ...whose yet to come forward.

Could some one please put up a map of the area which shows the exact location of each girl at the time of their last sighting. TIA

On night of JR disappearance.

Last sightings of JR and so called friends (real time 24hr clock in format of hr.min.sec)

23.41.58. Friend 1: Exiting Conti by pole. cctv is not shown again until 23.58.32.

23.41.11. Friend 2: Talking to bouncer exiting Conti

23.58.58. Friend 3: Returns on vision at 23.58.32, hugging white suit guy (same guy with bald guy) until 23.58.50. Last sighted 23.58.58. Gone by next cctv vision at 00.00.47. No contact at all with JR who is metres away.

00.04.22. Jane: Kerb outside Conti.
First see JR at final waiting spot outside Conti on cctv at 23.58.32, 17 minutes after exiting Conti. Possible she's been waiting here all the time. Maybe that's why she keeps looking at her watch?

This is an old map posted on WS many times , showing the subway attack zone .
It is not absolute proof though and theres the slim possibility it was the (rowe park) claremont subway .
It has been discussed and widely agreed upon as most likely correct .
Jmo

e55fedb2414303dd247d6a35a42b8610.jpg

My map ;
f9137ba7639c96bc84becbbd651ce1c3.jpg

Approaching the subway (on the right).
dce17b6c0a8cd965a1a8f755864a6143.jpg

56ac4587fdad1deb7c1d9264bf6dd418.jpg

Quote:
"Stop sign/Subway - January 01, 1994 (Saturday) A man dragged a woman from her car after she had left Club Bay View. He tried to rape her, but she fought him off.
(1) A woman fights off man who dragged her from her car and tried to rape her near Claremont subway.
(2). A girl was waiting at the stop sign at the Claremont subway, was pulled from her vehicle and survived an attempted rape."
Those reports would mean Bart's right. I was thinking of the taxi in the subway, and after Google Street viewing both subways today, thought the other one near the showgrounds was more secluded for that sort of thing. But maybe different back then because the houses look new at Bart's subway location.

Thanks Meticulously, good map. Remarkable Ciara was last seen on the same road Sarah disappeared from and within a block. It seems extraordinary to me, knowing that surveillance cameras were installed after Jane disappeared that the police did not capture the license plates on the CSK's car. I believe there were accusations after Ciara was abducted that the police had failed to trace every car that was seen on their surveillance the night she disappeared and subsequently they appeared at a press conference to deny those allegations stating they did track every plate but refused to elaborate any further.

I think they did catch the CSK's car on the borders of or within that square but the information was useless, the sneak had switched to stolen plates? If they didn't capture his car/plates at any point, another huge stuff up.

Oh my God , thats the spooky shop that i can remember from 30 plus years ago !
1985 approximately.
It did stock amazing dressup costumes for hire .
Walking past that shop and the tennis courts at night was one of the spookiest places in the vicinity of the boarding school i attended close by .
What is the significance of the picture ?.
Just a fun, dig in the ribs for Spooks R Us choice of username. No more.
I was street viewing the subways and surrounds for likely spots where the attacker could've been watching from, and happened upon this.

The software was GPS. There was handheld GPS then.
BRE was registered on the actual website with an interest with offers to asist anyone else interested.

First of May 2000 President Clinton removed the Selective Availability in the Civilian GPS software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow