Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone think of any movies where a perp. blitz attacked from behind? Thinking he may have got some ideas from a movie?

Lots! Common attack method IMO

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

I think he'd been evolving for a long time, starting off snowdropping, peeping, flashing, upping the ante consistently and considerably to house break ins, and indecent assaults working up to abductions. Who knows how many more attacks he's responsible for that may have gone unreported at the time, for various reasons? They don't all go on the record. Agree, the Karrakatta attack was practice and for a practice run he didn't appear to make any mistakes. He was only pegged for it by advances in science he probably could not have anticipated.

Unless there's been failed attempts we aren't aware of, it appears he had a 100% strike rate with his targets. Here's a quote I found by Tim Watson Munro forensic psychologist who offered his services to MACRO with a warning to be less limited in their thinking, basically he was told to bugger off at a subsequent press conference.

attachment.php

CV , Yes , the car was parked ahead according to a respected sleuth peterkurten.
Links to the original quoted posts below ;

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12930544
Peterkurten;
"I've been told that the offender was in actual fact parked at the end of Reserve Street closest to Melville Street. As to how accurate that information is, I can't say. While I understand the victim didn't get a good look at him, the evidence left behind was quite prolific."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12962049
Peterkurten ;"You could sit in that carpark all night and possibly have no one walk past. I don't believe the panel van was waiting. I believe he spotted her as she was walking, turned around and planted himself ahead."

639da8b87e7ce34b351de16151a44879.jpg
b4940358ce1b2355f0fdd02c4dd734ca.jpg
5a95ec50a03129ae5f3da673db13880e.jpg

.Map showing the supposed carpark on reserve road/street.

.Debi marshal book Devils Garden

It seems to me that he escalated from neighbourhood pervert to home invader to violent rapist to serial killer quite quickly. And then stopped. Bloody hard to get your head around.

CV , Yes , the car was parked ahead according to a respected sleuth peterkurten.

Peterkurten;
"I've been told that the offender was in actual fact parked at the end of Reserve Street closest to Melville Street. As to how accurate that information is, I can't say. While I understand the victim didn't get a good look at him, the evidence left behind was quite prolific."

Peterkurten ;"You could sit in that carpark all night and possibly have no one walk past. I don't believe the panel van was waiting. I believe he spotted her as she was walking, turned around and planted himself ahead."

Quote from 3rd pic above-

"...in a deserted section of the cemetery..."

Ummmmm wouldn't majority of the cemetery be DESERTED late at night????

What do they mean by deserted?

A Less spooky section? (Sorry couldn't resist!)

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

Peterkurten;

Metic,

Thank you for retrieving those. It makes sense the CSK (whoever he may be) spotted a victim and drove in front of them. Taking each of the victims by surprise. I believe he wouldn't have said anything, just completely focused on what he intended to do. Someone who dresses well and has a descent haircut could possibly fool someone into thinking he was respectable.

Lots! Common attack method IMO

Most of the good serial killer movies came out after 1998, the books a couple of years earlier. I don't recall a blitz method featuring. The Bone Collector by Deaver could have been a fit, a couple were kidnapped in a taxi and the door handles had been removed trapping them in (BRE's model Commodore had kiddy locks) but the book was released in 1997.

Kiss The Girls perhaps by James Patterson, he was popular and prolific through the 1990's. Would it be safe to assume BRE was a reader?

It seems to me that he escalated from neighbourhood pervert to home invader to violent rapist to serial killer quite quickly. And then stopped. Bloody hard to get your head around.
SSleuth,
What you've mentioned perhaps was more like a 10-year period.

Most of the good serial killer movies came out after 1998, the books a couple of years earlier. I don't recall a blitz method featuring but The Bone Collector by Deaver could have been a fit, a couple were kidnapped in a taxi and the door handles had been removed trapping them in (BRE's model Commodore had kiddy locks) but the book was released in 1997.

Kiss The Girls perhaps by James Patterson, he was popular and prolific through the 1990's. Would it be safe to assume BRE was a reader?
Not sure if BRE was a reader. Perhaps we should be watching those movies, to see what else happened in them. Perhaps they may provide some answers.

Peterkurten;

Metic do you have a source and date for the news article. It says

A former detective who worked on the case, Terry Dobson, who is now a lawyer, said last year that the Karrakatta rape was looked at very early in the investigation. Mr Dobson said on talkback radio that the sexual assault could be incredibly important" to the murder inquiry.

The alleged link between the rape and the murder was made by the Post newspaper in the western suburbs in April, sparking fears the media attention could jeopardise the police investigation.

He has got to be joking doesn't he? If the link between the rape and CG was made early in the investigations why did they spend 11 years going after the wrong person. They had DNA from the KK rape they could have cleared LW with if they had made this link early! Then gone after the person with that DNA.

They hadn't even thought of it IMO until the alleged link was made by the Post. Do you have a date for this metic?

Good place to park your car, infront of the Iona Presentation Convent, even if it is a dead end street.

SSleuth,
What you've mentioned perhaps was more like a 10-year period.

Yeah good point.

He seems to have got into these activities at a young age though? There's not much of a time window for him to have developed 'normal' sexual relationships with women is there? Unless he was having 'normal' relationships simultaneously (which I admit is possible).

I'd not be surprised if he was incapable of 'normal' sexual relations, which *might* help explain why his relationships failed and/or he never had children. All speculation on my behalf.

This has probably been looked into before but I sometimes wonder could accused CSK have been connected in some way to the families of the three girls. Whether it be through business or his parents businesses. Especially the fathers. Was there bad blood between them and did accused CSK in his psychotic mind take revenge on the children of these men. MOO

If the family business was Computer Resellers, I remember the French restaurant being only a few door down where Taste of Thai restaurant was. I have seen the wording that the restaurant operated at 616 Stirling Hwy from 1984 until 1994 but think that was the business that operated then, and the business moved around 1987 to 616 Stirling Hwy, Just my opinion as I can't find confirmation. I wonder if that is how he met 2nd wife. IMO somehow there was a connection to Iona. Apparently he was not psychotic.

Yeah good point.

He seems to have got into these activities at a young age though? There's not much of a time window for him to have developed 'normal' sexual relationships with women is there? Unless he was having 'normal' relationships simultaneously (which I admit is possible).

I'd not be surprised if he was incapable of 'normal' sexual relations, which *might* help explain why his relationships failed and/or he never had children. All speculation on my behalf.
He was quite young when married to EE.

Quote from 3rd pic above-

"...in a deserted section of the cemetery..."

Ummmmm wouldn't majority of the cemetery be DESERTED late at night????

What do they mean by deserted?

A Less spooky section? (Sorry couldn't resist!)

Spooks - speaking of a deserted Cemetary - the girl that was raped in KK Cemetary was taken from Rowe Park. He could have raped her there but moved her to KK Cemetary. Since she didn't know where she was it had to be a place that he got off on being in. MOO

Spooks - speaking of a deserted Cemetary - the girl that was raped in KK Cemetary was taken from Rowe Park. He could have raped her there but moved her to KK Cemetary. Since she didn't know where she was it had to be a place that he got off on being in. MOO
That's why I've suggested beforehand that I think he might be a necrophile. Evidently, they (necrophiles) like the odour.

That's why I've suggested beforehand that I think he might be a necrophile. Evidently, they (necrophiles) like the odour.

Canning Vale - if that's the case then maybe he did keep the bodies for a few weeks before dumping them. CG and JR were partially decomposed. I know the police said they were murdered at dump sites but this makes me think he would want to keep them around for a while. Question is where and for how long. MOO

Canning Vale - if that's the case then maybe he did keep the bodies for a few weeks before dumping them. CG and JR were partially decomposed. I know the police said they were murdered at dump sites but this makes me think he would want to keep them around for a while. Question is where and for how long. MOO
Such a strange subject. What do other sleuths think?

In the time that the camera angle had moved was JR pushed/pulled into the car, at the same time jabbed with an intra muscular dose of Ketamine. Small amount would make you aware but unable to move, medium amount would knock you out, large amount would kill you. She could then be taken to the killing ground with no blood etc to clean up in the car or to the killing/disposal site.

Could the cameras be positioned by manual or electronic means from a control station in the club.

http://onestudent.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/common-drugs.pdf

JR disappears from cctv between 4 min 20 seconds and 4 min 50 seconds after midnight. There are still many people outside including bouncers who would have noticed if she was pushed or pulled into a car and jabbed with a needle IMO.

A car looking like a taxi comes up at 3 minutes past midnight, three people are turned away but Jane looks to bend over and talk to someone in the car. They maybe telling her that her bloke is just parking the car and will be there soon. He turn up across the road after 4 min 20 seconds after midnight and signals her to come across the road. She walks across and they go down the alleyway beside the old post office into the car park behind, where she is assaulted and bundled into the car. All my opinion only.

Perhaps the CSK had two different types of profile. Perhaps there was a mixture of what he like to do.

I've read beforehand that Ted Bundy was two different types of a serial killer. That's why it was difficult to catch him. I'll try and track down the link.

Spooks, barring the stop sign location, and phone box (SS) the map posted by Meticulously of Barts is pretty perfect IMO. The carparks and old Coles loading dock would have been as positioned. And JR was seen walking away or walking further up Stirling Hwy after the HJs interaction.

'The' phone box was corner St Quentins and Stirling Road I had thought. Also discussed here (so often) as being behind BC and visible from intersection of Stirling.

To be pedantic on the subway stop sign there would have been two either side of Claremont Cres at this time, ie before the road heading east was blocked with planter. (Though retaining L turn only) It's a heck of an intersection (ie with the convex mirror to see cars coming). I guess this worked to advantage at night. Sad.

I think the map was accurate as well, including the phone box. It was infront of a printing business on the corner of Stirling Hwy and Stirling road and only one or two metres away form Stirling Hwy. I agree with metic in that there were quite a few useful maps posted around that time.

Can't remember who was posting about having Wilson come up in their dreams or something. Maybe it was this? The Australian 12:00AM September 15, 2017

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...r/news-story/3e6a01ea750f39aedfd9d5593bb868ae

[FONT=&amp]Julia Gillard’s ex-boyfriend, former union boss Bruce Wilson, has been linked to the 40-year-old murder mystery surrounding the gangland-style execution of Perth brothel madam Shirley Finn.

Mr Hooper named Mr Wilson when speaking of the pattern of intimidation he suffered for years after 1975.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He recalled how Mr Wilson — whom he knew as an Australian Workers Union leader in Western Australia — had once come to his workplace in the 1990s to ask for him. Mr Hooper avoided him, but when we went to the carpark he noticed Mr Wilson’s car was still there.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]He then found a .357 Magnum bullet on his own car with a note that read: “Keep your mouth shut or you’ll get one of these.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]He said Mr Wilson was a *“violent person who liked to get his own way”.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mr Hooper said Mr Wilson had once tried to throw a man off the roof of a building site because he refused to pay $10,000 to the union. That worker later died.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mr Wilson’s threat prompted him to make a statement to police in 1994. “I thought, ‘This has got to bloody stop’,” he said.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah