Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Joel Kohout came to Perth from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension in Minnesota. Ms Kohout carried out criminal profiling...

JOEL KOHOUT: ... the killer was highly organised and methodical... that these are sexually motivated crimes. Has a lot to do with offenders when they're very angry they feel powerless and killing gives them a sense of control and a sense of huge power."

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2004/s1257731.htm

2008 Release of JR CCTV

Apparently the Glennon family was angry and upset with the manner in which WAPOL handled the release of JR's CCTV to the pubic. Why were they upset?

"Tonight the family of the Ciara Glennon said they were angry and upset about the way police had handled this latest twist in the investigation."
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2008/s2349494.htm

Does anyone know if the white Landcruiser that appears in the drive way of Kewdale home in google street view March 2014 was owned by the accused. Has Bunbury plates and a similar vehicle appears in street view at the Madora Bay property. Anyway, to me that looks like a "WA 95 for the boys" sticker on the bottom left, which for those who don't know is a speedway reference. If you google image the sticker you will see what I mean.
JMO

Edit: FYI - The sticker honours 2 drivers killed in a car accident in March 1997... 5 days before CG was taken.

[FONT=arial, verdana, sans-serif]Alleged Homosexual Relationships between previous suspects.
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, verdana, sans-serif]Spoken by a previous suspect:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, verdana, sans-serif]"The police made derogatory remarks about ***** and implied that I was involved in a homosexual relationship with him, ...I denied that I was in a homosexual relationship with ***** and that he was not my boyfriend. The police alleged that ***** exerted an abnormal influence over me, which I denied. The police alleged that ***** gave me orders that I carried out, which I denied. The police then stated words to the effect that ***** 'wanted' young girls."

[/FONT](***** inserted by Spooks)

I hadn't read about this before????

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/24/1095961862193.html

Was Ciara Hitchhiking?

Ever wondered why CG was walking home along Stirling Highway while possibly trying to hail a cab, or worse hitch hiking....

Well according to Debi Marshall (and found in Thread #6 post by crabstick on 11-03-2016),
CG has just spent a year travelling overseas hitchhiking through Egypt, North America and Europe.

Maybe CG was unfortunately overly confident in her ability to spot danger?

attachment.php

Attachments

• DEBI MARSHALL Ciara Hitchhiking.jpg
    DEBI MARSHALL Ciara Hitchhiking.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 150
"... the question is whether one of Dave Warner’s books holds the key to bringing a notorious killer to justice after 20 years.
It’s all because of the similarities between his first crime novel City Of Lights and one of Australia’s most infamous unsolved serial killer cases."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r/news-story/46dfe47ea44610573437a3f3ee03163b

Any sleuths read his book titled City Of Lights?

Spooks I have mentioned this book before and also on a previous blog where I was harassed by a particularly nasty troll who tried to imply I was saying Dave Warner was the CSK. I was, to coin a phrase, spooked by similarities to the many murders and also the coincidence of some initials.

Then to sit through the Police Royal Commission and hear about certain police moonlighting as crowd controllers at the well known business men's parties as he describes and divying up the recovered goods etc. The penultimate book though is This little Piggy Stayed Home by David Warner which lists all the Mafia Families and much more,

Attachments

• Screen shot 2017-09-21 at 2.26.17 PM.png
    Screen shot 2017-09-21 at 2.26.17 PM.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 104
JR photo with dilated pupils.

attachment.php

IMO its quite possible that somebody has used the 'correct red-eye feature' and photoshopped or edited this photo of JR.

If you zoom in and look closely at the pic her pupils are largely dilated and completely black, possibly indicating the individual editing the pic may have gone overboard with the editing. Maybe making her pupils look more dilated in the photo than they were in real life when the photo was taken.

If this photo was edited carelessly, then viewers could be forgiven in making assumptions about JR's pastimes. These assumptions could therefore be false. JMO

PLUS
One could assume the photo was taken with a flash, because the scene looks indoors and taken at night because of the dark shadows in the background. Flash photography produces red-eyes in photos. IMO the photo was edited.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/nightmare-begins-for-third-family-ng-b88337795z

attachment.php

IMO its quite possible that somebody has used the 'correct red-eye feature' and photoshopped or edited this photo of JR.

If you zoom in and look closely at the pic her pupils are largely dilated and completely black, possibly indicating the individual editing the pic may have gone overboard with the editing. Maybe making her pupils look more dilated in the photo than they were in real life when the photo was taken.

If this photo was edited carelessly, then viewers could be forgiven in making assumptions about JR's pastimes. These assumptions could therefore be false. JMO

PLUS
One could assume the photo was taken with a flash, because the scene looks indoors and taken at night because of the dark shadows in the background. Flash photography produces red-eyes in photos. IMO the photo was edited.

Photos of SS 'without' and 'with' red-eye photo-editing for comparison

attachment.php
http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...r/news-story/98a7e7f0d5dfdebbaf997b2ab68d59d0

attachment.php

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-16/sarah-spears/6862090

SS's eyes appear rather dilated in this photo too.

IMO we can't make any judgements or assumptions about the recreational pastimes of the victims by purely looking at photos that were clearly taken using a flash.

Attachments

• SS PerthNow .jpeg
    SS PerthNow .jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 111
  • SS red-eyes edited ABC 6862090-3x2-940x627.jpg
    SS red-eyes edited ABC 6862090-3x2-940x627.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 110
Does anyone know if the white Landcruiser that appears in the drive way of Kewdale home in google street view March 2014 was owned by the accused. Has Bunbury plates and a similar vehicle appears in street view at the Madora Bay property. Anyway, to me that looks like a "WA 95 for the boys" sticker on the bottom left, which for those who don't know is a speedway reference. If you google image the sticker you will see what I mean.
JMO

Edit: FYI - The sticker honours 2 drivers killed in a car accident in March 1997... 5 days before CG was taken.

Hi Kambo - I worked in Gugieri St the night SS went missing. When I started on Websleuths I was convinced the Speedway was on that same night. Haven't been able to find out after a lot of searching. Since it was 20 years ago I may have gotten confused about noise from Speedway that night but I used to work every Friday night so possibly in my mind that night was the same as every other hot night in summer when Speedway was on. Anyway I do know I was working the night she went missing. I do know how it affected me emotionally and physically for two weeks after her disappearance.
I am convinced the accused CSK used to go to the Speedway. I can't find it now but it was mentioned quite a while back that he did. So it interests me about the white Landcruiser outside the accused's Kewdale home in 2014 with the sticker from 1997. I always felt he hung around the Speedway area and walked over to JR or drove from that direction. She seemed to be waiting for someone coming from Gugieri St. The only thing is I think JR went missing on Sat night. Will check. MOO

attachment.php

PLUS

Very naughty if that picture has been photoshopped and Jane's pupils rounded out to saucers, there's not a great deal of reflection there so maybe they did. Dilated pupils alone however aren't conclusive by any measure.

"A change in pupil size can be an indication of drug consumption, though it doesn't have to be," explains Heike Krause from the emergency station for people at risk of addiction in Berlin. "The pupils can also widen for if you're an epileptic who's on medication. So we like to look for other, conclusive signs. For example, if someone is heavily sweating."

"However, the eyes still seem to offer clear clues to a person's sobriety or lack thereof. Why else would the Hamburg police be running tests on people's pupils? They use a pupillograph ... "

Not as much reflection for example as in this, cocaine use and delayed reaction to light.

attachment.php

attachment.php

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/...someones-on-just-by-looking-at-their-eyes-876

Attachments

• dilatedpupils.jpg
    dilatedpupils.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 109
  • janey.jpg
    janey.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 111
2008 Release of JR CCTV

Apparently the Glennon family was angry and upset with the manner in which WAPOL handled the release of JR's CCTV to the pubic. Why were they upset?

"Tonight the family of the Ciara Glennon said they were angry and upset about the way police had handled this latest twist in the investigation."
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2008/s2349494.htm

May have been more to do with the delay in releasing the footage

Very naughty if that picture has been photoshopped and Jane's pupils rounded out to saucers, there's not a great deal of reflection there so maybe they did. Dilated pupils alone however aren't conclusive by any measure.

"A change in pupil size can be an indication of drug consumption, though it doesn't have to be," explains Heike Krause from the emergency station for people at risk of addiction in Berlin. "The pupils can also widen for if you're an epileptic who's on medication. So we like to look for other, conclusive signs. For example, if someone is heavily sweating."

"However, the eyes still seem to offer clear clues to a person's sobriety or lack thereof. Why else would the Hamburg police be running tests on people's pupils? They use a pupillograph ... "

Not as much reflection for example as in this, cocaine use and delayed reaction to light.

attachment.php

attachment.php

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/...someones-on-just-by-looking-at-their-eyes-876

Hi Pandit - anytime I have tried to fix "red eye" in photos it takes the red away but just puts a dark colour in place. Therefore the true eye colour of a person doesn't automatically come back. So SS picture just looks like she has brown eyes when she had green apparently.
With JR - she could have just turned around in surprise to someone taking that photo. If she was in a darkened room it takes time to adjust to a bright light of a flash. Her pupils would have been adjusting. So the pupils would look huge till her eyes adjusted. MOO

Hi Pandit - anytime I have tried to fix "red eye" in photos it takes the red away but just puts a dark colour in place. Therefore the true eye colour of a person doesn't automatically come back. So SS picture just looks like she has brown eyes when she had green apparently.
With JR - she could have just turned around in surprise to someone taking that photo. If she was in a darkened room it takes time to adjust to a bright light of a flash. Her pupils would have been adjusting. So the pupils would look huge till her eyes adjusted. MOO

Hi Annalise,

Younger eyes too generally have larger pupils. We must have different screens or something, I can clearly see the iris in Jane's eye although it's narrow in comparison, as blue. Her eyes were blue.

https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/jane-louise-rimmer/

Perhaps it was a more recent purchase and wasn't owned by the parents until much later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kambo,

Absolutely makes perfect sense and must be the only explanation I think that could keep a rabid press away. I should go back to bed and forfeit all my sleuthing internet rights.

JMO

Wondered how long before someone would twig that the accused was a regular at Claremont Speedway.
Remember the ads of the radio and TV well. They always ended with>
"Friday night is Speedway Night!"
And he went to the speedway often since he joined Telstra. He worked closely with a bloke by the initials DF. DFs family was a speedway family.
Here's a story about one of DF's family members.
5baf0f97021f96e699f3835191606670.jpg
source: http://www.speedwayandroadracehistory.com/1996--2000-claremont.html

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Wondered how long before someone would twig that the accused was a regular at Claremont Speedway.
Remember the ads of the radio and TV well. They always ended with>
"Friday night is Speedway Night!"
And he went to the speedway often since he joined Telstra. He worked closely with a bloke by the initials DF. DFs family was a speedway family.
Here's a story about one of DF's family members.
5baf0f97021f96e699f3835191606670.jpg
source: http://www.speedwayandroadracehistory.com/1996--2000-claremont.html

Hi Pete,
Yes I believe it has been speculated before but never seen anything more concrete.

If the sticker is what I think it is then at least indicates he had some interest in speedway.

Perhaps someone might be able to blow up and improve the image to confirm it is a krikkee boys sticker.

JMO

Hi Pete,
Yes I believe it has been speculated before but never seen anything more concrete.

If the sticker is what I think it is then at least indicates he had some interest in speedway.

Perhaps someone might be able to blow up and improve the image to confirm it is a krikkee boys sticker.

JMO

You can compare it to this, taken from Krikke Boys Race, an event on facebook
a0002adee968a079c8c73eeb0a2ba8eb.jpg

Can someone tell me if the Claremont Speedway was only on Fri nights or was it on Sat and Sun. I read there were training days on weeknights but need to know about racing on Sat or Sun nights. MOO

Can someone tell me if the Claremont Speedway was only on Fri nights or was it on Sat and Sun. I read there were training days on weeknights but need to know about racing on Sat or Sun nights. MOO

Friday night is Speedway night!

Slogan used in Claremont Speedway ads!

https://youtu.be/nyM5CiUrvZc
Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member