Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would appear that Telco Haul ropes are used over and over again. Note photo, difference between old Telco haul lying on the ground attached to the new Telco Haul (must've been a long conduit). Lying on the ground where it can come into contact with sprayed dye on the ground markings. I bet almost every coil of used Telco haulage rope in a Telstra van is contaminated with these marking out dyes, conduit glues, and such crap.
If the dye on whatever it was that was used to tie up the Rowe Park abductee (Karrakatta rape) was this marking out dye, then you don't need to worry about screen printers no more.
Pictures found via:
https://hiveminer.com/Tags/internet,pit
Original source:
https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5194/14074280282_e045ed083c_b.jpg

So, is there any surveyors or utility workers on here who can share a picture of the spray on dye that they use to mark out where stuff is etc? Might narrow down my search if you could help.
fe1fd4976abef0ce24201994167cc420.jpg
e4fd543201163069c0dc56cb0b707440.jpg

http://www.servicelocate.com.au
bdcc908d313825f729516c44a0779b42.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Your first and second pic makes me nervous. What, if some girls were laid down in such a lead-in?

Your first and second pic makes me nervous. What, if some girls were laid down in such a lead-in?
I've got one of this holes out on my verge. I had a peek inside once when the Telstra bloke pulled the covers to work inside. They're like Doctor Who's Tardis, the room inside is much bigger than the covers on top. In the 15 years we lived here, this pit has been opened 4 times. Although not often, they do get opened, and as such IMO, unless the pit belongs to a decommissioned line, if Sarah Spiers was hidden in such a pit, she would've been found by now, and if such a pit was on a decommissioned line, then why not of hidden the rest in the same pit? There was a post by someone in an early thread that was of the opinion that Sarah Spiers would be found near the Wellard site, and has simply been not found due to luck, and the only reason that the dump site moved north was because the second dump site was found. The logic behind how that post was reasoned it out, seems reasonable to me, especially after searching the area with Google Earth and finding numerous areas of undeveloped land, a lot of which is private land, such as the Wellard Company's feedlot farm on Telephone Lane, a few hundred metres away from dump site #2, where 90% of the farm is old used paddocks that no one has probably ever set foot upon since the Wellard Company built the feedlot there decades ago. Etc.

I've got one of this holes out on my verge. I had a peek inside once when the Telstra bloke pulled the covers to work inside. They're like Doctor Who's Tardis, the room inside is much bigger than the covers on top. In the 15 years we lived here, this pit has been opened 4 times. Although not often, they do get opened, and as such IMO, unless the pit belongs to a decommissioned line, if Sarah Spiers was hidden in such a pit, she would've been found by now, and if such a pit was on a decommissioned line, then why not of hidden the rest in the same pit? There was a post by someone in an early thread that was of the opinion that Sarah Spiers would be found near the Wellard site, and has simply been not found due to luck, and the only reason that the dump site moved north was because the second dump site was found. The logic behind how that post was reasoned it out, seems reasonable to me, especially after searching the area with Google Earth and finding numerous areas of undeveloped land, a lot of which is private land, such as the Wellard Company's feedlot farm on Telephone Lane, a few hundred metres away from dump site #2, where 90% of the farm is old used paddocks that no one has probably ever set foot upon since the Wellard Company built the feedlot there decades ago. Etc.

With regard to unused access chambers or pits, they’d be indicated on spatial maps as decommissioned. The asset wouldn’t be on the assets register for a routine check. I’m glad to see there’s a ladder to use. A couple of years ago, the WC banned the use of ladders within their access chamber’s - which has created a real drama - OSH rules.

Perhaps Telstra should be urged to check their decommissioned access chambers/pits. They used to be called manholes but that's considered sexist now.

With regard to unused access chambers or pits, they’d be indicated on spatial maps as decommissioned. The asset wouldn’t be on the assets register for a routine check. I’m glad to see there’s a ladder to use. A couple of years ago, the WC banned the use of ladders within their access chamber’s - which has created a real drama - OSH rules.
The one out the front of my place has an inbuilt ladder in the actual wall. Too bad we weren't discussing this last week, because Telstra was working in it on Friday, when I left for work.
I'll ask my old school friend about decommissioned pits tonight. My wife caught a couple of big silver bream at Fremantle Harbour last night, so he's been tempted over to eat them with us, as my wife won't eat them.
I'll also ask if he's reviewed that camcorder video yet of the Telstra technicians group trip to Melbourne back in the 90's.

The one out the front of my place has an inbuilt ladder in the actual wall. Too bad we weren't discussing this last week, because Telstra was working in it on Friday, when I left for work.
I'll ask my old school friend about decommissioned pits tonight. My wife caught a couple of big silver bream at Fremantle Harbour last night, so he's been tempted over to eat them with us, as my wife won't eat them.
I'll also ask if he's reviewed that camcorder video yet of the Telstra technicians group trip to Melbourne back in the 90's.

Another thought that FromGermany considered was the placing of someone in such a pit. Perhaps we could write to Telstra and ask them if there was any pungent odours reported after 1996. Perhaps someone wrote in a letter and it was placed on a file. Some of the Telstra employees might recall an unexplained odour in a certain area. We'd need to list the areas and send in a letter. If a rough list is drafted I could print off a letter and send it in.

With regard to the spatial maps I can "roughly" decipher what's, what but I don't have a spatial map.

Another thought that FromGermany considered was the placing of someone in such a pit. Perhaps we could write to Telstra and ask them if there was any pungent odours reported after 1996. Perhaps someone wrote in a letter and it was placed on a file. Some of the Telstra employees might recall an unexplained odour in a certain area. We'd need to list the areas and send in a letter. If a rough list is drafted I could print off a letter and send it in.

With regard to the spatial maps I can "roughly" decipher what's, what but I don't have a spatial map.
I've got full GIS Landgate at work, but not the time :(

But freely available Maps are available here also>
https://www.planning.wa.gov.au/Mapping.aspx

Not to sound like a killjoy, but I can't imagine our killer using a means of dumping so close to his line of work.

Possibly the quickest way to get the disused Telstra pits checked is mention to the EPA that there’s asbestos in them. That would produce a prompt response.

Not to sound like a killjoy, but I can't imagine our killer using a means of dumping so close to his line of work.
pun intended?
.....I totally agree with you. IMO the alleged CSK did NOT want to get caught.

Mother in law's old work colleague says she's been notified that'll she'll be on the witness list. My old school friend is still waiting to find out if he'll be.

Mother in law's old work colleague says she's been notified that'll she'll be on the witness list. My old school friend is still waiting to find out if he'll be.

Are you able to confirm as a witness for the prosecution petedavo? And can we assume a 'not guilty' plea is anticipated and the case will be proceeding to trial if witnesses are receiving notification?

Are you able to confirm as a witness for the prosecution petedavo? And can we assume a 'not guilty' plea is anticipated and the case will be proceeding to trial if witnesses are receiving notification?

They will have made plans for all scenarios as the plea can be changed at any time up to the finding pronouncement.

Just because you are on the list doesn't mean they have to call you. All witnesses will be served by their local Police Station with a 'subpoena to appear' usually a few weeks before the trial.

Interesting MR is a renouned lawyer
I think it was a joke at Marc's expense, but I could be wrong, and it could just as well be a slip of inside information.

They will have made plans for all scenarios as the plea can be changed at any time up to the finding pronouncement.

Just because you are on the list doesn't mean they have to call you. All witnesses will be served by their local Police Station with a 'subpoena to appear' usually a few weeks before the trial.
The completed brief has to be handed up by Police to the DPP at least 28 days before Disclosure / Committal Hearing in Magistrates Court. This will include full list of potential witnesses, their available dates, list of exhibits and forensic reports and such like.

The Police are required under the Criminal Procedure Act 2004 to disclose all confessional & evidentiary material in their possession to the accused. The requirements are contained within sections 35, 42, 61 and 95 of the Act. However, under s138 of the Act, the court may make an order that dispenses with part or all of a disclosure requirement. The order will be limited to very specific evidence though.

The order does not prevent disclosure of the evidence if circumstances change. Nor does it prevent the defence from trying to subpoena the evidence if they become aware of it.

PS: See 42(2)(c) regards witnesses.

https://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_229_homepage.html

So yeah, they wouldn't want to leave it too long as the committal hearing date will turn up pretty quickly. And they'll have to serve all this up-to the defence and DPP.

The completed brief has to be handed up by Police to the DPP at least 28 days before Disclosure / Committal Hearing in Magistrates Court. This will include full list of potential witnesses, their available dates, list of exhibits and forensic reports and such like.

The Police are required under the Criminal Procedure Act 2004 to disclose all confessional & evidentiary material in their possession to the accused. The requirements are contained within sections 35, 42, 61 and 95 of the Act. However, under s138 of the Act, the court may make an order that dispenses with part or all of a disclosure requirement. The order will be limited to very specific evidence though.

The order does not prevent disclosure of the evidence if circumstances change. Nor does it prevent the defence from trying to subpoena the evidence if they become aware of it.

PS: See 42(2)(c) regards witnesses.

https://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_229_homepage.html

So yeah, they wouldn't want to leave it too long as the committal hearing date will turn up pretty quickly. And they'll have to serve all this up-to the defence and DPP.

Thanks for that PeteDavo,

Sounds like you should have been a lawyer.

Does anyone on the forum have intentions of trying to get in to see the trial?

Thanks for that PeteDavo,

Sounds like you should have been a lawyer.

Does anyone on the forum have intentions of trying to get in to see the trial?

Seems like you're the best candidate to attend next court date CV!

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Seems like you're the best candidate to attend next court date CV!

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
It's certainly the biggest court case this century. It might be worthwhile reading up on how long the Birnie's courtcase took. Still it all depends if the accused pleads guilty or not. I can't fathom what the expenses will be, I suppose there's the house to sell, but he probably only owns 50%. There's possibly a mortgage on it. Can he dip into his superannuation - cause he may not need that anyway.

Just reviewing the info regards to the taxi sighting on Pippidinny Road - the below statement indicates that there is a possibility that the taxi was coming FROM the CG site. There is also a mention that there may have been someone sitting in the back seat.

"The taxi had its headlights off as it turned off Pipidinny Rd, Eglinton, on to Wanneroo Rd in the pre-dawn darkness ... he (witness) was heading south on Wanneroo Rd, from Yanchep to his work site at Nollamara, when he saw the taxi begin turning out of Pipidinny Rd in front of him."
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...956cdffd1aa3ab

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-10-02 21.01.40.png
    Screenshot 2017-10-02 21.01.40.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 138
This thread will probably get even quieter with the 3-hour time difference between West Australian and eastern states sleuths.

Roll Call please:
Who lives in Perth or on the west coast?
Who lives elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member